Naruto 614 – I Wager My Life In This Battle »« Naruto 612 – The Ultimate Jutsu

Naruto 613 – Final Message

Naruto Manga   613   01

Looking back to last chapter and how Obito and Madara were still looking mighty comfortable, it turns out they sure had a darn good reason why. Because as it turns out, the Ten-Tails is just an unlimited, mobile nuke launcher—and who wouldn’t be comfortable when you have such a weapon at your disposal!? I mean, darn. We got Madara rubbing it in with the whole “I can hit any village at any distance” show, and just trashing everything just for the heck of it.

But despite things going down in a hurry and the overall situation looking quite grim, it seems like there’s still some semblance of hope—hidden in the final message of Shikaku, who devises one final plan before being blown away. Considering the insane scope of power Madara and Co. yield at the moment, it makes me wonder how exactly any plan could stop them at this point to be honest, but as Kishimoto seems to love demonstrating: never say never.

Sadly though, we don’t get the reveal of the plan yet, so we’ll just have to look forward and see how things develop. In the meanwhile however, let us have a moment of silence for Shikaku Nara… who has perhaps provided the last hope to the Ninja World and perhaps even more sadly, only one of the first of many well-known Shinobi to fall in this “final battle.”

December 12, 2012 at 9:28 am
  • December 12, 2012 at 9:43 amRyuuzaki21

juubi = bulbasaur-nuclear warhead catapult

• December 12, 2012 at 12:13 pmEamonX

atomic dama

• December 12, 2012 at 4:23 pmSuppa Tenko

Juubi= Metal Gear Kyuubei+1

• December 12, 2012 at 9:44 amPockyG

Well that escalated quickly.

• December 12, 2012 at 9:47 amZephyr

And I was thinking how it’d be stronger than those meteors Madara was summonin’ before.

SUDDENLY.

INTERCONTINENTAL BALLISTIC MISSILES.

• December 12, 2012 at 10:15 amDigid

If you look closely you’ll see a little panel just below the Ten Tails’ “Perfect Form” which reads:

“Congratulations! Your Juubey has evolved into Metal Gear Ray O’ Evil! Juubey learned Blow Sh*t Up!”

• December 12, 2012 at 11:37 amSortedevaras

War has changed.

• December 12, 2012 at 3:18 pmNadester

“Madara Uchiha”…”Forever changing war generations later and there’s not a damn thing you can do about it”

• December 12, 2012 at 9:47 amFelix

We all know how is going to end, is so obvious… when all hope is lost, and despair is right at hand, our Savior Ash Ketchup, will emerge through the shadows with the masterball, and the jubei is going to be history.

• December 12, 2012 at 9:49 amFelix

Juubi, jaja

• December 13, 2012 at 7:11 amkob264

But, the only things Ash has done right is starting whit a hacked Pikachu, catching a Shiny Noctowl and growing a modest harem in less than 1 year (he is still 10).
      No way, only something like Missingno could solve this.

• December 12, 2012 at 9:48 amRickyMack

juubi launch detected

• December 12, 2012 at 10:04 amFSLightbringer

Exactly my same thought when I saw that page xD

• December 12, 2012 at 9:51 amHalfDemonInuyasha

Madara giving a thumbs-up to himself, more or less, while still continuing to not give a fuck.

Anyway, may sound bad of me, but PLEASE let them ACTUALLY be dead…though, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just a troll and they’re actually alive still…

• December 12, 2012 at 9:56 amZephyr

Yeah, I’m pretty sure they’re dead at this point (at least Shikaku). Kishimoto’s made it pretty obvious at this point there’s going to be a whole changing of the guard so to speak, so I won’t be surprised if many of the older generation’s ninjas end up dying at this point.

With the eventual take down of Madara and Obito that we know is coming somehow, I think it’ll end up pretty much with a scenario where some of the worst rogues in Ninja history are all gone, along with most of the older generation ninjas, which then sets the stage for a new world that this current generation will inherit and choose to make of it what they will.

• December 12, 2012 at 10:03 amsoulsphere

Madara: With this we crush the Alliance mind.

not yet, there’s still Shikamaru right there infront of you. but in killing his father, you might actually crush Shikamaru’s heart and mind. Azuma gone. Now it’s his father. Poor Ino too.

• December 12, 2012 at 12:31 pmAxel

I really doubt Shikamaru will be crushed by his father’s death. I don’t think anyone will be crushed by the deaths of family or comrades right now. They’re at war and they all are raised knowing what it means to be a shinobi. It means you and/or people close to you might die on the job one day. If anyone, it fires everyone up even more because they understand the responsibility left to them to finish the job. Sooo… Nope, I think Obito and Madara just screwed themselves. Lol, Shikamaru is probably the scariest one after his dad because it’s not all the time brute strength that wins if you know have brilliant strategy.

• December 12, 2012 at 2:55 pmJHN

Indeed, seeing what Shikamaru did after Azuma died, I think Madara took out the wrong Nara.
        And Speaking about Madara, he’s pretending to not give a ****. Inside, he has a constant :D face.

• December 12, 2012 at 4:25 pmSuppa Tenko

Unless you’re Snake or Raiden, you cannot defeat or survive a Metal Gear attack unless you are in a Metal Gear yourself.

• December 12, 2012 at 5:19 pmsoulsphere

i just thought that for a while only
        and after that he’ll go all out (and everyone too)

this is my first time in Naruto to see death without being spoiled earlier. it’s kinda depressing.

• December 13, 2012 at 10:32 amMasterDragonKnight

Hello, my name is Shikamaru Nara. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

• December 12, 2012 at 10:16 amL002

To be honest, I am feeling suspicious in why Madara is commanding Tobi to control the 10 tails. I wonder why Madara can’t do it since he is like a “God.” Anyway, lets hope that Plan works because I have a feeling Madara would make it fail with his BIG GIANT.

• December 12, 2012 at 8:35 pmArri-att

The way he told Obito, didn’t seem to me like, he left all command of ten-tails to Obito. It seemed more like they are coordinating their actions, as Madara has this gooey connection to ten-tails as well.

• December 12, 2012 at 10:36 amAlcren

Lets have a moment of silence for Shikaku Nara, Inoichi Yamanaka, and Ao of mizugakure.
    I’m wondering what’s going on with the 5 kage as well

• December 12, 2012 at 1:06 pmMikeHawk

predictions for kages death/live
      Tsunade: die to save all from critical condition
      Onoki: die, too late to save
      Raikage: live, too powerful
      Mei: live, too hot
      Gaara: live, cause he’s fucking Gaara

• December 12, 2012 at 10:45 amrazz

This leads to one question….. how the hell are they gonna beat a frigging nuke spammer

• December 12, 2012 at 11:32 amMikeHawk

easy, diplomacy

• December 12, 2012 at 12:25 pmKF

Was that meant as a joke? Though considering that it had work on Pain before … maybe?

TQ

• December 12, 2012 at 4:25 pmSuppa Tenko

How did Snake defeat a nuke launcher?

• December 12, 2012 at 8:18 pmCybersteel

Blew up the Mammal and Reptilian pods and drown it in the river.

• December 12, 2012 at 7:32 pmZephyr

Said it last week, but: BELIEVE IT NO JUTSU.

• December 12, 2012 at 8:10 pmCybersteel

Nuclear Deterrence.

… The idea is, when all sides are armed with the destructive power of nuclear weapons, they’ll avoid nuclear war in order to prevent mutual annihilation.

• December 13, 2012 at 10:12 pmDeJello

Probably by redirecting the nukes right back at him through the REVERSE POLARITY NO JUTSU.

• December 12, 2012 at 10:52 amDa5id

I can’t believe it took this long to actually have casualties that we know as characters. Not that the sacrifice wasn’t heartwrenching, I just think it’s odd they waited this long.

Also, I think The Clown from Soul Eater walked into the wrong manga.

• December 12, 2012 at 11:01 amMikeHawk

I hear North Korea is trying to summon the Juubi

• December 12, 2012 at 11:19 amAnanas

This isn’t even my final form.

• December 12, 2012 at 12:59 pmMikeHawk

Butterfly form coming up
      Wings with heads form after that

• December 12, 2012 at 4:38 pm0927123

As much as I hate to admit it, this is actually true. We won’t see it end until it’s in its final form which could take a while. :(

• December 12, 2012 at 7:32 pmZephyr

I planned this all along, Kurosaki Ichigo. Oh. Wait. Wrong series. :3

• December 13, 2012 at 7:20 amkob264

Aizen´s grand plan trascends dimensions.

• December 12, 2012 at 11:22 amricosan

bulbasaur + ninetails + executor’s face= juubi?

• December 12, 2012 at 12:31 pmLayfon

“An unlimited, mobile nuke launcher”
    This is a hilarious and accurate description.

• December 12, 2012 at 12:57 pmgawrshness

I hope Shikaku somehow survives but if he doesn’t…well rest in peace Shikaku, you were a pretty damn awesome character!

• December 12, 2012 at 1:02 pmyoyo

I some what called it last week that the form from alst week wouldn’t be Juubi only form. Now it makes me wonder if Shikamaru and Ino dad’s are going to still be alive and kicking at then end given that the Hokages could clearly help them. Because why else would they not be there. We know that Tsunade going to do something with her Slag to heal the other hokages so I wonder if it going to be either put A and the Grandpa back to their prime or they are preparing to do a multiple death god sealing thus sealing the Juubi in all 5 of them. Also if Yamato was removed from the Hashirama Tree wouldn’t the cells in all Zetsu’s, Mardara and Obito weaken thus weakening their control of the Juubi? Who will end up evolving once again to its Stage 2 form.

• December 12, 2012 at 1:52 pmK C M

Madara Uchiha just pulled out a Harry Truman on them, too bad he won’t be saying oh GOD what have I done.

• December 12, 2012 at 3:37 pmRayzorexe

Reading these last few chapters, I kinda want Madara’s side to win..

• December 12, 2012 at 3:40 pmLongy23

People don’t forget about Sasuke. The person he is going to meet will probably talk to him about Madara and the juubi and defeating them. I have a feeling that sasuke will kill Madara.

• December 12, 2012 at 8:02 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

Unless it’s something EXTREMELY hax, involves seals to somehow undo Edo Tensei, and/or some kind of Shiki Fujin-style jutsu that doesn’t involve killing the user, then not a chance.

• December 12, 2012 at 11:15 pmlol

sasuke defeating Jyuubi and Madara in hes endo tenshi form and obito? lol very unlikey unless Masashi Kishimoto is hi on drugs combine strengths of 8 and 9 tail and 1000+ ninja did squat and u think sasuke magically defeats them?

• December 12, 2012 at 4:26 pmXero01

The Jyuubi is a god damned Metal Gear.. oO

• December 12, 2012 at 4:37 pmLK

Make no mistake, the casualty in this war will be astronomical. Where is Solid Snake?

• December 12, 2012 at 5:52 pmNine

So much hack… How can you stop something like that powerful?

• December 12, 2012 at 6:03 pmMarkBadong

Sasuke and Orochimaru, where are you? I know you’re out there somewhere, with something that will make some form of impact or whatever to the current situation to justify your existence up to this point – otherwise, you’re just gonna be cannon fodder to our protagonists compared to the invincible Madara-Obito-Juubi combination. Get in or go the f**k away already.

• December 12, 2012 at 7:40 pmxyzop

maybe they got caught in the nuke as well?

• December 12, 2012 at 7:47 pmSolstice

Naruto DAI PINCHI!!!! D:

• December 12, 2012 at 10:47 pmZero Hour 17

So, Shikamaru is the new Naruto? Mentor killed by Akatsuki? Check. Parent killed by Obito/Madara? Check. Let’s transplant the 8-tails into him and have him start saying “Dattebayo” and we’ll be all set.

• December 13, 2012 at 2:58 amYanDaMan

Madara made the most smug face I’ve ever seen him in the last page lol.

• December 13, 2012 at 5:32 amJello

2012 is the Ten-Tails completing its transformation.

• December 13, 2012 at 6:24 pmAtenz

There better be Chakra-sanctions against Madara and Obito!

• December 14, 2012 at 7:57 amSinTei

I think there is a small chance that some of the people in the headquarters are still alive. Remember Raikage’s assistant, the girl with the teleportation jutsu? She might have used it to save a few. But considering the technique could only be used on things with the exemption of Ay and Tsunade, she might have teleported the room along with them. But they probably took much damage in the process.

• December 14, 2012 at 9:34 pmBoozerX

Shikaku rocks. Rocked.

• December 15, 2012 at 9:23 amZendac

If you want to know how the ten tails is going to be stoped my thoughts are they are going to try and hold out till sasuke shows up and uses Izanami on it.

• December 16, 2012 at 12:47 pmrandom viewer

Heart broken T_T

• January 4, 2013 at 5:30 pmAshen

I was caught so off guard with Shikaku and Inoichi’s deaths, as well as the other members at HG. It was truly a fantastic, heart-wrenching scene.