FAIRY TAIL 324 – The One That Closed the Gates »« FAIRY TAIL 322 – Gloria

FAIRY TAIL 323 – A Returning Shadow

FAIRY TAIL Manga   323   01

Unexpected development!

FAIRY TAIL Manga   323   02

Summary:

Everyone is happy for FAIRY TAIL. Rogue tells Frosch he wants to be a man who treasures his friends. Erza notices that no one has seen the signal flare from Natsu’s team. Sting asks Gajeel why Natsu didn’t participate.

Natsu’s team is seen struggling against the Executioners and the guards. Despite being strong, they’re all quite worn out at this point. Suddenly a shadow appears and swallows all the guards and the Executioners.

Jellal senses something. He says that they’ve missed something. Every year they have been sensing mysterious magic but Lucy only arrived recently, the night of the 3rd. Ultear and Meldy says that this year, the strange magic came from a human, and Lucy traveled back in time using magic from Zeref’s book which is why some of that magic must’ve lingered on her.

Arcadios approaches the princess and joins her. Hisui is ready for the second phase of Eclipse. Arcadios wonders if they’re going to skip the first phase but the princess says that they’re just postponing it because they have a threat lying before them. Arcadios suddenly grabs the princess’ sword and points it at himself, telling her that he doubts her and for that, he is ready to pay with his life. He tells the princess that he has met the person from the future. He says that the future Lucy doesn’t really know how to deal with the horrible future, and that the princess shouldn’t really listen to her. The princess notices that Arcadios is talking about a woman, but the person she met was a man. This means that the person Jellal was following was not the future Lucy. There is someone else here, also from the future.

Back at Hell City, Natsu is looking at someone who is hidden by smoke. The person in front of him turns out to be Rogue with a very different appearance. This is Rogue from the future.

FAIRY TAIL Manga   323   03

This was quite unexpected. Well, I knew it would be Rogue, I mean, the chapter title gave it away and so did the shadow swallowing all those guards. So Rogue is the main culprit behind this? Or do we even know if he is evil? I’m not sure. He certainly looks like a villain. It will be interesting to see if this new Rogue is the man the current one wants to be; doesn’t look like that to me. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

I think it was quite clever of Mashima to add this plot twist. The question is, how will things move on from now? It’s so hard to tell who is good or bad now. Arcadios is still an enigma to me, especially after this chapter. I do believe he has some secret motive concerning Zeref, but for now, I consider him to be quite helpful. I’m also wondering what could possibly make someone kind like Rogue use Zeref’s magic. I can’t see him causing a war to happen. I wonder if this is somehow connected to the shadow we saw during his battle against Gajeel?

At least we know that the future Lucy is a good person. I still wonder what happened to her arm… Someone suggested that she might’ve paid a price to use Eclipse, but Rogue seemed quite fine so I assume her injury is one from the war. I’m also quite curious, does the future Lucy have her keys? You need the twelve keys to open the gate, right? If Rogue opened it before her, does that mean that he somehow has her keys? Ah, there is no end to my questions, but I guess we’ll eventually find out. I’m really excited about this war, and hopefully things will make more sense soon. While this chapter certainly complicated the story (in a good way if you ask me), I don’t have much to say about it because of how unclear everything is. Let’s hope that we’ll understand more next week!

Moete kitazou!

March 15, 2013 at 2:27 pm
  • March 15, 2013 at 2:39 pmgawrshness

Now that’s something…I’m sure no one saw Rogue becoming the main villain of the arc, though admittedly future Rogue looks weird…I mean just how far in the future is he from? Future Lucy looks completely like her current self while this guy is waaaay different. You know how Gajeel kicked the shadow out of the present Rogue? I’m thinking this is a Rogue that was overcome by the shadow in a time line where Gajeel was not able to defeat Rogue thus allowing the dark entity to consume him completely.

Now all that’s left is to find out where Zeref and Acnologia fit into this story. Before it was revealed that the guy was Rogue I almost wanted him to be the human form of Acnologia, that would have been more epic.

• March 15, 2013 at 3:02 pmNatsu (according to stereoman I-Have-Herpes

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• March 15, 2013 at 6:32 pmL002

“weird…I mean just how far in the future is he from? ”

According to the princess, future Rogue came here 7 years ago. Lucy said she came here only a mere few days ago. Arcadios had merely mistakenly assumed that it was Lucy that came there seven years ago when it was really Rogue.

By bigger question is why is Lucy lying, she is obviously since a certain cat is able to see the future.

• March 15, 2013 at 7:45 pmNatsu (according to stereoman I-Have-Herpes

the “certain” cat never told anyone what happened if you recall.

• March 16, 2013 at 2:39 amgawrshness

yes well he came here seven years ago, what I am asking is in his own time line how old is he compared to present Rogue certainly looks quite older than present Rogue. From the looks of it he came here to make sure the aforementioned doom would happen in all its splendor while future Lucy is a survivor of that doom and is trying to prevent it from happening…kinda like…terminator I guess?

• March 15, 2013 at 2:45 pmTerra

Regarding Future Lucys arm:

Maybe she used a powered up version of fairy glitter? the tattoo appeared on kanas arm.

• March 15, 2013 at 2:52 pmAnanas

In the future everyone is at least half Jellal.

• March 16, 2013 at 2:11 pmDan

i don’t get it ._.

• March 17, 2013 at 5:26 pmSOSAnimeBoy

The joke is referring to the Jellal-style tattoo on future Rogue’s face.

• March 15, 2013 at 2:59 pmMelgar

Now the real plot of this arc will begin…..

• March 15, 2013 at 3:08 pmNatsu (according to stereoman I-Have-Herpes

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• March 15, 2013 at 4:37 pmJackpot2121

Yes there is!

• March 15, 2013 at 9:12 pmNatsu (according to stereoman I-Have-Herpes

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• March 16, 2013 at 7:57 amMoridin

You seriously need to stop reading Shonen Manga if you cant understand the point of a Tournament Arc… Dragonball had them, Naruto had em, Yu Yu Hakusho lived and breathed them… seriously all your complaints regarding Fairy Tail can be summed up quite simply as you clearly dont like Shonen Fighting Manga… So stop trolling the people that do.

• March 16, 2013 at 8:50 amNatsu (according to stereoman I-Have-Herpes

Kami sama no iutoori ni is the same magazine as fairy tail and I enjoy it……yu yu hakasho was interesting…….dbz was cool when i was 6..naruto is meh…… fairy tail is terrible

• March 17, 2013 at 3:35 pmK C M

@ Melgar, Jackpot2121 and Moridin.
        Just ignore him.

• March 15, 2013 at 3:01 pmdr9

and thats why time travel is bullshit
    there was never a time travel history without hole everywhere

• March 16, 2013 at 4:40 amGermanguy

Indeed, Now Time Travel became a bit complex for my Style. Sure 1 Person jump i can handle. But now 2 Person jumps from different areas, it start to became complicated. Do the Story need this confusion to move on?… Well hope i dont get lost on the Way

• March 17, 2013 at 3:09 amMisk

Hiro Mashima has done a time travel in his previous work, Rave Master, and it turned out to be one of the best points in the series, at least in my opinion. So he has some experience, let’s hope he will make it awesome in Fairy Tail as well xD

• March 15, 2013 at 3:03 pmYanDaMan

Interesting development. I did not see this 2nd person from the future coming at all.

Now that its revealed that its Rogue, I have doubt it’s the current Rogue, who’s clearly shown as turning over a new leaf valuing friendship. So I guess the only conclusion is like everyone else, the future Rogue is really the shadow that was controlling Rogue all this time. What his agenda is remains to be clear. He DID save Natsu’s crew, though we dont know his intentions yet.

Looking forward to next week for more revelations.

• March 15, 2013 at 3:15 pmNatsu (according to stereoman I-Have-Herpes

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• March 15, 2013 at 5:46 pmMelgar

Fuck you

• March 15, 2013 at 9:12 pmNatsu (according to stereoman I-Have-Herpes

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• March 15, 2013 at 3:19 pmRukia

Much better than last week.

Hard to give Mashima too much credit when you know he is going to ultimately botch it.

• March 15, 2013 at 3:45 pmK C M

If that’s supposed to be Rogue then I wonder what made him turn evil maybe someone killed his best friend Frosch. By the way since the story has progressed into a new development with this plot twist, I wonder if we’ll see more future characters, for instance, are we going to see a future Sting and will He be good or evil, we already know from chapter 297 from future Levy’s letters that most of Fairy Tail’s members died, but we don’t know if we will see future Lamia Scale members or Future Mermaid Heel or Future whoever or whatever but we will definitely move into this new arc to find out.

• March 15, 2013 at 9:32 pmdarkpaladin

Well, we don’t know yet if he’s an enemy or an ally.

• March 15, 2013 at 4:44 pmJiCi

That… came out of left field Ô_o

• March 15, 2013 at 4:53 pmGekokujou

If there is anything I am grateful for from the result of this unexpected development, Mashima did not leave us hanging on the identity of the second person.

But seriously, I honestly don’t know about Arcadios anymore. My gut feeling could be wrong, but it tells me that he’s genuinely good if he’s willing to put his life on the line the way he’s shown to be doing.

• March 15, 2013 at 7:15 pmYanDaMan

Thats kind of what I’ve been saying ever since he was about to sacrifice himself to save Lucy and Yukino from the lava pit.

• March 15, 2013 at 5:10 pmaymanxa

I think their is a third person who came from the future to warn the princess. Not Rouge because what I mean is If Rouge tells the princess that fairy tail would win with unexpected outcome and that she need to use eclipse 2 to fight the dragons, then why on the hell did he had to interfere with his old self fight with Gajeel and try to kill him ? isn’t that going to change the outcome..

• March 15, 2013 at 6:13 pmrasone0104

Okay this was a whole 180 over last weeks chapter and I have to give props for the plot twist. Damn that was awesome

• March 15, 2013 at 7:51 pmNatsu (according to stereoman I-Have-Herpes

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• March 16, 2013 at 7:18 amjp

What Manga we’re you reading? cause if think you weren’t reading fairy tail or you do not even know what a plot twist. If it’s the latter I suggest getting off your ass and look it up or you know better yet get a life and save us the trouble of your pointless comments. I’d go for the last one if I was you but then again I’m not since you know I’m not a moron.
        -Jp

• March 16, 2013 at 8:47 amNatsu (according to stereoman I-Have-Herpes

You don’t have to put a signature at the bottom of your post it says your name at the top……… and I’ve been reading fairy tail. maybe you’ve been reading fairy tales.

• March 15, 2013 at 6:28 pmFT5Havok

WHY IS EVERYONE FROM THE FUTURE ARE LIKE HALF JELLAL? ROFL

• March 15, 2013 at 8:44 pmbobon721

It’s fairly obvious that this Rogue is the nasty one that’s inside the nice Rogue. Somehow, he may have been able to escape the nice Rogue and take on a corporeal form or he was able to take total control of the nice Rogue’s body. Sorry, I forgot the nice Rogue’s real name that Gajeel knew.

• March 16, 2013 at 12:28 amNeckzor

I honestly thought Future Rogue looks like a fusion of himself and Sting. I wonder if this was intentional…
    I do wonder what Future Lucy think of him, and just how much of this story is involved with these future peeps changing the course of the incoming future ^^’.
    Move away dragons, we got Rogue to deal with now, but the future is not so bright at all, how will the lovely fairy tail crew get out of this one this time XD.

• March 16, 2013 at 1:57 pmbakakubi

“Your face is irritating!”
    Lol Gajeel, entertaining as always.

• March 16, 2013 at 3:33 pmKaze_Kage

O_O omg future Rogue is slightly on the creepy or possessed side right now but I’m so looking forward to whats up to next *shivering from excitement* and I feel so ashamed right now for ever doubting future Lucy’s words, why you confuse me like that Jellal >_< (I'm referring to when Jellal had some suspicion towards Lucy's story of what was to come)

• March 17, 2013 at 8:06 pmgawrshness

sorry for another post but moment of epiphany again! I think this Future Rogue IS Acnologia! Look at the tattoo beside Acnologia’s eye and turn it side ways man!

• April 9, 2013 at 12:43 pmEric g

I agree that F-Rogue is acnologia, however at the same time he isn’t…….at least not yet. Future rogue will go to past, natsu and gang will follow future rogue kills a lot of dragons zeref turns him into acnologia. Rogue want the dragons to come so he can “bathe in their blood” and have himself turned to acnologia. Both him and acnologia have similarities including the tattoo by eye, trust for power, disregards human life, both are darkness, rogue of future resembles the shadowed figure that turns into acnologia( at least when in his white shadow mode)