Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W – 02 »« Haiyore! Nyaruko-san – 12 (END)

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W – 01

OP Sequence

Haiyore Nyaruko san W   OP   01 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   OP   02 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   OP   03
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   OP   04 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   OP   05 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   OP   06
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   OP   07 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   OP   08 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   OP   09

OP: 「恋は渾沌の隷也」 (Koi wa Kaosu no Shimobenari) by ニャル子(阿澄佳奈)、クー子(松来未祐)、暮井珠緒(大坪由佳) (Nyaruko (CV: Asumi Kana), Cthuko (CV: Matsuki Miyu), Kurei Tamao (CV: Ootsubo Yuka))

Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   01 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   02 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   03
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   04 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   05 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   06
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   07 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   08 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   09
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   10 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   11 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   12
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   13 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   14 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   15
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   16 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   17 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   18
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   19 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   20 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   21
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   22 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   23 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   24
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   25 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   26 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   27
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   28 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   29 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   30
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   31 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   32 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   33
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   34 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   35 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   36
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   37 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   38 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   39
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   40 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   41 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   42

「進撃の邪神」 (Shingeki no Jyashin)
“An Evil God’s Advance”

For those who may have forgotten about the crowbar wielding, CQC using alien from the Space Defense Agency, today marks her (and her friends) triumphant return. With all of the original seiyuu reprising their roles, this second season of Haiyore Nyrauko-San kept the boring stuff to a minimum and really hit things out of the park.

Starting things off, there were enough cameos in this single episode to dedicate a whole page to. And while I may not be the best at catching them unless they’re fairly obvious, even I was able to catch a bunch! From the obvious Azumanga Daioh sticker to the very slick reference to KyoAni’s most successful imaginary band (After School Tea-Time anyone?), they were literally everywhere and anywhere. But the best (and most blatant) cameo had to be the advertising for Oreshura. Seeing how the show just ended with no distinct end in sight, I couldn’t help but giggle when Nyaruko held up two different covers for an Oreshura light novel — neither of which featured the busty Natsukawa Masuzu. Take that you Chiwa haters!

Jokes aside, I was completely in love with the series again by the end of the episode. Take one part of Nyaruko’s fierce personality, add in a handful of Cthuko’s eccentric behavior, and a pinch of Hasta’s moe charm (with care, since he is a trap) and you have everything that made the first season so much fun to watch. If anything, it feels like Mahiro might be the only person who’s changed since the end of the first season. I faintly remember him being more of a pushover, letting Nyaruko literally walk all over him. But from the look of things it looks like he’s grown a bit more of a backbone — taking almost every opportunity to remind the ever-so-powerful aliens that he and his fork are ready to punish them if they take things too far. That said, if there was one thing that I’d like more of, and it looks like the writers may be taking it into consideration, is the inclusion of the two-side characters who got almost no screen time last season. But seeing how both Tamao and Takehiko have already been reintroduced, I’m excited to see what role they’ll play this time.

And with that, I can safely say that Nyaruko-san’s first episode in its second season did spectacularly well. By staying true to its fast pace nature and filling the episode with a bunch of dirty jokes and cameos, what more could you ask for? Sure there’s the whole issue of how that random alien threat was disposed of without a second thought but who cares, right? And let’s not forget how there’s still the whole issue how Mahiro is regarded as one of earth’s most precious “characters” due to their love for anything and everything otaku — meaning he’s still a high value target for alien otaku and perverts alike! And judging from the preview, it looks like the whole alien-side of things are about to go into full swing — something I’m super excited for!

P.S. For those of you who are Minecraft and Nyaruko fans, this is a little gem I was shown during season one. If you haven’t seen it, it’s a recreation of the first opening done completely in minecraft side-by-side with the original. bit.ly/10KeiEH

ED Sequence

Haiyore Nyaruko san W   ED   01 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   ED   02 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   ED   03

ED: 「よってS.O.S」 (Yotte S.O.S) by ニャル子(阿澄佳奈) (Nyaruko (CV:Asumi Kana))

Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   Preview 01 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   Preview 02 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   01   Preview 03
April 8, 2013 at 12:23 am
  • April 8, 2013 at 12:23 amTakaii

Plus that Sasasami@Ganbaranai reference at the end. My god q.q

• April 8, 2013 at 1:53 amNitro

Not to mention it’s the exact same VA. The writers definitely know their opportunities when they see them.

• April 8, 2013 at 6:04 amDa5id

HP Lovecraft is rolling in his grave…

• April 8, 2013 at 3:22 amMixed Milkshake

Did no-one notice that ‘I Dream of Jeannie’ reference at the very start?

• April 8, 2013 at 4:13 amZannafar

Actually it’s “Bewitched” not “I dream of Jeannie”.

• April 8, 2013 at 4:44 am†Croos†

• April 8, 2013 at 7:24 amNgai

What does it mean? I’ve seen these for a while over at Kurogane’s blog but have never understood what they represent… Any clues? :P

• April 8, 2013 at 8:36 amGreyman

\(・ω・\)
        As far as I can tell, this is a cartoon figure waving its arms around.
        (/・ω・)/
        Maybe dance moves or something?

Meanwhile it seems to be saying, “SAN value! Pinch!” as far as Google translate can tell me.

• April 8, 2013 at 9:09 pmNKNKN

It’s a line from the opening. “Dropping Sanity Points” or something like that

• April 9, 2013 at 4:07 amGreyman

Ah. Indeed, that does make more sense.

• April 8, 2013 at 4:45 amCybersteel

sons of bitches sons of bitches sons of bitches
      sons of bitches sons of bitches sons of bitches
      sons of bitches sons of bitches sons of bitches

• April 8, 2013 at 5:16 amLightnDark

@Takaii: Jokes aside? >_> Masuzu 4TW!! Nyaruko I’m disappoint in you. I still wonder what is up with that blatant advertising though. The nyarushura site explains it I guess.

There’s also a OniAi reference thrown in by Hastur and I’m quite sure the girls locker room is in reference to..it being overused.

• April 8, 2013 at 11:19 amhaseo0408

Rolling and screaming my friend but that doesn´t change the fact Nyarko is awsome!!!.

• April 8, 2013 at 12:40 amcowazaki

I want to buy a room from yamanso.com too.

The title for this episode is also similar to Attack on Titans. Oh and Men in Black and AKB48. But just like Nyaruko@Ganbaranai, I’m too lazy to list out all those awesome references.

• April 8, 2013 at 1:19 amCrook

“Shingeki no Jyashin” Yup, it’s similar, alright.

• April 8, 2013 at 1:47 amcowazaki

Oh it seems like the BL novel (Silk Tree) that Hastur is holding is a reference to Jinrui wa Suitaishimashita when Y’s competitors were making other BL novels lol.

• April 8, 2013 at 12:45 amCatsrofl

All hail the mighty fork!

• April 8, 2013 at 1:00 amLGrey

Does this show air on Sunday?
    It’s on Wednesday according to http://randomc.net/2013/03/30/spring-2013-schedule/

Early simulcast?

• April 8, 2013 at 1:04 amTakaii

I’ve been looking around but haven’t got a clear answer.

Either ways, first episode is out! haha :3

• April 8, 2013 at 2:02 amspike

Official site says it’s a Sunday show. http://nyaruko.com/onair/

Either way, weekly dose of reference insanity is back!

• April 8, 2013 at 1:01 amTari

I love this show. xD

The blatant Lucky Star reference in the first half caught me by surprise. Wasn’t expecting that one at all, haha.

• April 8, 2013 at 1:07 amSeinime

Well, you can pretty much get everything off Amazon.com, so why not Y.com? The fork is mightier than the sword.

• April 8, 2013 at 1:11 amdbm

I wasn’t expecting the “Bewitched” reference at the beginning. Nyaruko as Samantha Stephens?

• April 8, 2013 at 1:14 amK

This awesome series is back! Just can’t have enough of nyaruko’s trolls and cuteness. However, I do think the season 2 op isn’t as memorable and impressive as season 1′s, but it’s still good though.

• April 8, 2013 at 1:18 amcowazaki

Did anyone get trolled just a bit when they played the first 5 seconds of the season 1 opening? I thought to myself “Hmm.. typical Nyaruko… a funny intro and then leading into the opening.. WAIT. They’re using the season 1 opening again?! I heard they were using a new song though!”

But yeah anyways… props to MONACA. Hopefully she composed another song that will win the “Best Musical Performance” from next year’s seiyuu awards.

• April 8, 2013 at 1:19 amLGrey

(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
    (」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
    (」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
    Let’s\(・ω・)/にゃー!

Those lines are hard to top, I think XD

• April 8, 2013 at 1:23 amZen

This show’s sense of humor is really something- completely off its rocker, which is what made the first season so much fun- looking forward to more…

• April 8, 2013 at 1:30 am8-bitPenguin

So glad this show is back, I missed my weekly doses of Nyaruko! =3 By the way, loved the Kamen Rider Wizard reference in the beginning, about how they tried the “newest form changing method”. I have no idea why this show references mecha and tokusatsu like crazy, but I am not complaining, definitely looking forward to the second season, which I’m sure will be chocked full of insanity. ^^
    I wasn’t too familiar with Kana Asumi before the first season of Nyaruko, but after this and Sasami, I am definitely a fan of her’s.

• April 8, 2013 at 1:54 amNekomimimeido

\ (・ω・\)SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ!
    \ (・ω・\)SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ!
    \ (・ω・\)SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ!

• April 8, 2013 at 1:58 amNitro

Quite honestly I was a little bored/disappointed since most of the episode was really just nothing but the main four being all over each other, but I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt as it serves its function as a re-introductory episode. It was enjoyable and fun nonetheless, but I’ll be looking forward to the story arcs more as those are going to be the real treats.

• April 8, 2013 at 2:15 amUkiyaSeed

That feel this episode has too many Kamen Rider reference, and I recognize all of it. Also, can’t help but laugh when they did a sorta meta reference to Toei’s budget when it comes to tokusatsu!

• April 8, 2013 at 3:16 amGreyman

I’m disappointed by one thing. Mahiro was warming to Nyaruko at the end of last season. He’s less of a push over this season, but the reset button was hit on the relationship. I hate that button.

Still, on the upside, Nyaruko seduction plans have gotten more cunning. So despite the reset their is some character development. Hopefully we’ll see some more as the season passes.

• April 8, 2013 at 3:23 amZhinvu

Hooray for the return of Nyaruko and her hard-to-describe crowbar-like thingy. Was waiting for this since the end of season 1. Keep those Kamen Rider references coming!

- Here Takaii in case you haven’t visited the site yet. It’s impressive that the blogger makes the effort to compile all those references: http://nyaruref.blogspot.com/

- This might explain the Oreshura cameos. It’s a collaboration between 2 silver haired beauties: http://www.nyarushura.com/

• April 8, 2013 at 3:31 ammai

Can you watch this episode and understand what’s going on, even if you haven’t seen the first season?

• April 8, 2013 at 4:09 amWargear

personally from watching it not really. but for some of the joke is funnier if u know y they are there u’ll probably understand later but this show is about random humor so back story to me is just extra :P them forks!!!!!!! X_X :D

• April 8, 2013 at 5:08 amGreyman

The point of this episode is to reintroduce the main cast. Newcomers should be able to pick the core plot pretty easy.

It’s all about an ordinary boy, who is special for some reason, that has attracted an unwanted harem of approximately three alien girls. (Admiral Akbar warns, “one’s a trap!”)

• April 8, 2013 at 3:58 pmcowazaki

Actually it’s more like

Nyaruko likes Mahiro
      Hastur likes Mahiro
      Cthuko likes Nyaruko

• April 8, 2013 at 4:28 amZannafar

Does anyone know what the four costumes at the beginning of the ED are?
    The only one I’m sure about is Nadia.

• April 8, 2013 at 4:53 amKouji

Mirror world with my magic circles of please(ness)? YES!

• April 8, 2013 at 5:26 amDude

Ahh…an anime with all the kamen rider references… Good Job!

• April 8, 2013 at 5:37 amIncognito

Failing a SAN check just by watching this episode: worth it. XD

(The twin-tail girl wearing thigh-highs is just as pretty as K-On‘s Himeko Tachibana, though…)

• April 8, 2013 at 5:43 amGoukaRyuu

I’m pretty sure Nyarko is cosplaying as a Steins;Gate character in the ED.

• April 8, 2013 at 7:08 amginobi666

madness? no…. this is NYARUKO!

• April 8, 2013 at 7:26 amjsmith

• April 8, 2013 at 3:41 pmBear

Yeah, that was a surprise that she didn’t even last a whole episode. Well, she’s an alien so you never can tell…

• April 8, 2013 at 7:47 ambovinity

This show is back, with the fun and references intact, with higher production values. Looking forward to yet another fun ride!

• April 8, 2013 at 10:46 amal

I wonder if they have enough material to adapt..

• April 8, 2013 at 12:27 pmKurisu Vi Britannia

I had to pick up this anime just to balance out watching Aku No Hana.

• April 8, 2013 at 12:51 pmActar

Kamen Rider Wizard henshin, Lucky Star references, W Gaia Memories, to the minor references to Houkago Tea Time and Kamen Rider catch phrases. Boy, we’re in for a good time.

• April 8, 2013 at 3:38 pmTellnoWan

few other obvious AKB48 stuff, lotss of kamen rider,Oreshura,HTT and moree

• April 8, 2013 at 7:30 pmOMG!

haha i loved onii-ai reference with hasta (he is so cute!! dammit why are you male T.T)

• April 8, 2013 at 7:38 pmberrish17

Love the new OPENING <3 <3
    Definitely resembles this anime :D
    Was awesome when they danced the first season song at the cosplay café!haha

• April 9, 2013 at 4:46 pmGreyman

With all four voices singing too.

“I swear that Kurei was just here, too…”
      “Oh, let’s not worry about the little details.”

• April 9, 2013 at 4:45 amThe Moondoggie

>Lovecraft talked to aliens

Figures….

• April 10, 2013 at 5:59 amEien

That Kamen Rider Wizard-style clothes changing LOL.

SEIFUKU PLEASE~

• April 11, 2013 at 6:30 amiPONG

Did anyone realise the random mentions of Gundam Unicorn’s mobile suits like Sinaju and Stark Jegan?

And I was glad I wasn’t the only one who knew the Kamen Rider Wizard and W’s references LOL

• April 11, 2013 at 8:04 amd-LaN

Is the 3rd poster frm the left suppose to be the gender bended ver of Maou frm Hataraku?

• April 14, 2013 at 11:08 pmAkoriko