Bleach 534, 535 – How I Met Your Mother »« Bleach 532 – Cloak of Invisibility

Bleach 533 – Silver Linings

Bleach Manga   533   01

You really have to hand it to Aizen — he’s never disappointed in the outcomes of his schemes. There’s never “it didn’t go as planned” for him, only “even better than I planned”. Even while Tousen is ragging on Masaki’s interference in their tests, Aizen finds everything to be just marvelous. They mention something about the hollow’s “final form” which I’m guessing refers to the one-time-use explosion that Isshin saved Masaki from at the end of the battle. It might have something to do with Ichigo’s second level hollow form or his final bankai. Potential relations are still very vague though, so we’ll just have to wait and observe along with Aizen to see what happens.

Things along Isshin’s side are getting interesting as well. He is shocked to actually meet a living Quincy, and Masaki is just as surprised by his amiable reaction. If she thinks all the shinigami are like Isshin though, she’s in for a nasty reality check. Despite her naivety, I definitely see some strong chemistry between them already, and even Ryuuken and Katagiri back off without revealing themselves despite the fact that Isshin is a shinigami. Unfortunately they end up parting ways without really introducing themselves. Masaki ends up keeping him on her mind (instead of her hot, and slightly nerdy cousin who her classmates seem to be into) even though she doesn’t even know his name. Of course now that Urahara is getting involved, that may change.

April 10, 2013 at 10:15 pm
  • April 10, 2013 at 10:22 pmsmokex365

I’ve gotta say I’ve enjoyed the last few chapters. It has a feel of mystery that kind of disappeared from Bleach awhile ago. Plus I’m a sucker for backstory.

• April 10, 2013 at 10:26 pmZen

I feel like it has a lot to do with Aizen being back in top from (Pre-hougyoku mutation)…

• April 11, 2013 at 8:48 amanon

XD Kubo’s curse, his villains are more awesome than his heroes.

• April 11, 2013 at 11:03 pmKishimoto

I wouldn’t call that a curse: great villains are what makes for great stories, even more-so than the heroes IMHO.

• April 10, 2013 at 10:35 pmWill

Aizen…. I swear if it comes out that Aizen using their budding interest in each other instigating Isshin and Masaki’s marriage and Ichigo’s conception for an hollow experiment… its… sooo unbelievably likely… I reallly hope it doesnt go in that direction.

• April 10, 2013 at 10:44 pmblahblah0625

pretty sure it is like that O.o
      But anyways, gosh this line ‘(instead of her hot, and slightly nerdy cousin who her classmates seem to be into)’. I agree!

• April 10, 2013 at 10:47 pmZen

And after this chapter, the maid is sooo Ishida’s mom…

• April 11, 2013 at 4:33 amDa5id

• April 11, 2013 at 11:31 amsortedevaras

We all knew the maid was his mom, its pretty obvious.

• April 11, 2013 at 12:44 pmZen

Which begs the question, is she still alive in the present?

• April 12, 2013 at 12:56 amDa5id

Considering we’ve yet to see her in the world of the living, I doubt she’s there.

• April 10, 2013 at 10:52 pmKidPoker

DOES THAT MEAN WE GET TO SEE SOME MATING SCENES?

• April 11, 2013 at 9:19 amanon

Aizen has it tough, from being the villain,mastermind,scientist,badass fighter,lord of Hueco Mundo,God candidate and now matchmaker – most villains would have given up on being evil with all that workload.

• April 10, 2013 at 10:56 pmryuuzaki

it is kubo who disappointed most of bleach fans when it comes to outcomes of schemes not aizen >.<

• April 10, 2013 at 11:23 pmPsithief

Everything Sousuke Aizen has made explodes when it has served its purpose.
    * Tousen
    * Wonderweiss
    * This hollow
    * The plot

• April 11, 2013 at 1:22 amjunglepenguin

Don’t forget the minds of us readers.

• April 11, 2013 at 9:21 amanon

Meanwhile Urahara always bumps into people……by accident of course.

• April 11, 2013 at 12:47 amAnanas

Everything always goes as planned. Unless Aizen gets beaten.

• April 11, 2013 at 1:21 amjunglepenguin

What are you talking about? Him getting “beaten” is all according to keikaku.

• April 11, 2013 at 1:47 amRickyMack

translator’s note: keikaku means plan

• April 11, 2013 at 1:19 amjunglepenguin

There’s only one good reason why Urahara would appear at such a time: He’s the matchmaker!

• April 11, 2013 at 2:20 amK C M

Please bring back Aizen, He’s no. 1 in the 100 greatest villains of all times.

• April 11, 2013 at 9:22 amanon

They should make a special no.0 place just for him.

• April 13, 2013 at 3:39 amKizami

Just like yammy-san.

• April 11, 2013 at 2:20 amWanderer

I have a feeling the Hollow is not dead yet and is somehow inside Masaki, which would explain the weird feeling she got at the end of the chapter and Urahara’s intrigued face. Maybe he sensed the Hollow’s Reiatsu ?

• April 11, 2013 at 8:35 amanon

Actually some people on other forums speculated on ‘target hollowfication’(mentioned in this chapter), that this hollow was created to turn other beings(specifically Shinigami) into hollows – on which Aizen commented it was interesting that it chose a Quincy instead of a Shinigami as it’s target.I think the hollow’s ‘attack’ on Masaki was meant to turn her into a hollow, eventually.
      On another note this would explain Ichigo’s powers considering his mother was a Quincy who was slowly turning into a hollow(or at least infected with) and his father was a Shinigami – and we get HollowxQuincyxShinigami.

• April 11, 2013 at 8:46 amPsithief

I’d hate to have to wonder at what other reason he would have for wandering around a school yard.

• April 11, 2013 at 3:22 amSekai

Urahara: A human girl…bumped into me…I’ll kill her.

Isshin then proceeds to save Masaki from Urahara’s devious machinations, gets married and thus begins the story of Bleach.

• April 11, 2013 at 3:52 amRachel

I think Ryuken’s maid, Katagiri is Ishida’s mom.

• April 11, 2013 at 4:31 amNadester

I think we can all agree that whenever Uruhara is around it is never by pure coincidence. A thorn to Aizen’s plans.

• April 11, 2013 at 5:56 amMaik

What I don’t get is… If she was able to kill a Hollow that was giving some trouble to a captain, how the hell did she get killed by the grand fisher!?!?

• April 11, 2013 at 7:41 amShadow74

Remembering that she was saving ichigo from the trap of Grand-fisher, and remember that as a mother she focused more on saving his son that in fighting with Grand-fisher, I do not think it’s hard to imagine how everything ended.
      A mother always prepend the safety of her son on their own, even if it means her death.

• April 12, 2013 at 1:29 amsortedevaras

Derp. Kubo, not thinking this series would still be serialized, did not actually plan any of this out. Now he has to contrive a way for her to be weak enough to be killed by Grand Fisher.

• April 11, 2013 at 6:25 amTasa

So can we say that we got our answer. It’s not that Masaki was stronger then that hollow (not even blow up it’s head at point blank) but rather that hollow is like a facehugger. It bites Masaki on the shoulder and impregnates her with it’s reiatsu and then it dies by self implosion.

• April 11, 2013 at 7:10 amspikerman87

This was suppose to explain Ichigo’s Visored powers…or at least why he had a second visored transformation. You know who else had that? Tousen. Did Tousen’s mom get bitten by a giant fly visored? And Cousin loving! Cause Bleach needed that!…just keep going Kubo. You’ll dig yourself out of that hole eventually.

• April 11, 2013 at 7:18 amTasa

Aizen had the hougyoku. It has the power to create vizards. Also we just heard that Aizen can create a hollow that can turn shinigami into a hollow.

• April 11, 2013 at 8:49 amspikerman87

Right…The Hougyoku…The item that can do literally anything. Forgive me, carry on.

• April 11, 2013 at 9:29 amCelecia01

This flashback story is great! It’s what the manga has been missing for a long time and what was needed more than just relentless fighting. I feel that if Bleach had fleshed out plot points and given us answers in the past, it wouldn’t be slated as much as it is now.

• April 11, 2013 at 10:51 amL002

Can’t blame Isshin for hiding the exestance of Quincies. A certain promoted mad scientist wouldn’t think twice when getting a scapal on Masaki.

• April 11, 2013 at 2:25 pmSuperpat3

Wow Ichigo’s mom is a bad***! When arrow spraying fails, resort to point blank tactics regardless of close contact harm. Just how powerful is she considering:
    1. She is a suitable mate for Ryuken (full blood quincy?)
    2. Incomplete training in the Quincy arts as mentioned
    3. Saving the day when a handicapped Captain struggles against the Hackers experiment
    I would say she is definitely a great flashback character, finally revealed to not following the damsel in distress logic. It’s sad she will eventually die, but it makes sense why Ichigo carries on the fire to be heroic with a good (and stubborn) heart. And oh Urahura, always “preplanning” and calculating things lol.

• April 11, 2013 at 8:59 pmrandom viewer

‘There’s never “it didn’t go as planned” for him, only “even better than I planned”.’ – Prooof, you can say that again.

• April 11, 2013 at 10:04 pmCamora

Me too, a lot of foreshadowing has pointed to Isshin being really strong, even for a captain. It would be disappointing to see him get beaten so easily

• April 12, 2013 at 12:26 amaimless

I almost gave up on bleach but whenever a shonen busts out a backstory of a cute couple, I can’t help but read it. First naruto now this. I’m a sucker for origin stories. His parents looked so cute back then.

• April 16, 2013 at 7:03 amPCB board

It’s perfect time to make some plans for the longer term and it is time to be happy. I have learn this post and if I may I wish to suggest you some fascinating issues or tips. Maybe you could write subsequent articles relating to this article. I wish to learn even more things approximately it!