Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W – 06 »« Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W – 04

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W – 05

Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   01 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   02 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   03
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   04 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   05 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   06
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   07 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   08 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   09
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   10 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   11 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   12
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   13 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   14 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   15
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   16 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   17 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   18
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   19 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   20 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   21
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   22 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   23 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   24
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   25 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   26 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   27

「嘘だと言ってよクー子」 (Usoda to Itteyo Ctuhko)
“Say It Isn’t So, Ctuhko”

With the humor taking the backseat this week, the story decided to dive deep into the more emotional side. And by emotional, I mean instilling the idea that this show could work awfully well as a legitimate romantic comedy.

Seeing how Hasta got the short end of the stick this week, let’s all take a moment to remember all the crafty traps out there who will never be able to get the guy unless someone creates a doujinshi for them. Seriously though, it was a rather interesting episode in terms of how the writers finally decided to give the characters a bit more depth by building up the relationships between Mahiro, Nyaruko, and Cthuko. For example, someone a few weeks ago mentioned the fabled reset button being used on our main cast. And judging from how cold Mahiro was toward everyone during the beginning of the season, I believed it. But like I said earlier, after witnessing his reactions during today’s episode it looks like he may actually remember everything from last season!

Which brings up an interesting point — it seems like it’s really minor things that are preventing Nyaruko from really swaying him into becoming romantically interested. I don’t know about you but I was surprised when Nyaruko actually got him to not only get into the bath with her but also drop his usually closed-off personality. But what blew me away was when I thought I heard him say he might actually have feelings for her! Because as unlikely as it sounds, can you imagine how different this show could become should Nyaruko and Mahiro actually end up together?

On the other hand, it was nice to see Cthuko’s character get a bit of an overhaul with her cousin’s sudden introduction. Besides watching the lewdest girl of the group get groped and fingered to the point where she was ready to “explode” it served as a good transition to help her become more than just the girl who’s obsessed with Nyaruko. I mean, after licking Mahiro’s finger like that and even having a short flashback after thinking about him? I think someone might be changing their love interest… That and the preview for next week’s episode looks awfully gloomy.

ED4 Sequence

Haiyore Nyaruko san W   ED4   01 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   ED4   02 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   ED4   03

ED4: 「Sister, Friend, Lover」by RAMM に 這いよるクー子さんとクー音さん (RAMM ni Haiyoru Ctuhkosan to Kuunesan)

Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   Preview 01 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   Preview 02 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   05   Preview 03
May 8, 2013 at 3:36 am
  • May 8, 2013 at 3:49 amThe Moondoggie

Finally! Love the ED so baaaadly, I can’t wait for the single.

• May 8, 2013 at 5:42 amKano Shuuya

22nd May – Release of the single with this ED. :3

• May 8, 2013 at 9:00 amHaseo

Yeah even i thought the ending was pretty great this time around.

• May 8, 2013 at 4:03 amZen

Well, even if they don’t actually ever affirmatively end up together, the (presumable) main couple in these kinds of shows almost always have feelings for each other, albeit at times repressed and undeveloped on one side or the other- so even if Mahiro never outright says it, it’s pretty obvious that he loves her…

• May 8, 2013 at 4:40 pmThe Moondoggie

I thought that was pretty obvious in season 1. It’s just now that Mahiro’s defenses are finally at breaking point.

• May 8, 2013 at 5:17 pmImpetusVenti

SAN points dropping like crazy this season!

• May 8, 2013 at 7:57 pmIncognito

“At the moment your reason crumbles… (\(・ω・\)SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ! \(・ω・\)SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ!)
        It looks like you’re at your limit. (\(・ω・\)SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ! \(・ω・\)SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ!)
        At the moment your reason gets blown away… (\(・ω・\)SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ! \(・ω・\)SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ!)
        You cannot run away! (I won’t let you run away! Ha-!)”

• May 8, 2013 at 4:22 amGaze of Providence

Then pray to all space that he’ll never meet her in her thousand other forms.

• May 8, 2013 at 4:33 amWuz

I think we all have to agree that Shanta is the real charmer this week.

• May 8, 2013 at 10:49 pmGreyman

Useful too.

“Don’t worry. I removed all of the Nyaruko merchandise from Cthuko’s room, with Shantak-kun’s help.”

• May 8, 2013 at 4:34 amSnooSnoo

Aikawa Kizuna (Prunus Girl) would like to have a word with you.

• May 8, 2013 at 4:41 pmThe Moondoggie

But it’s still isn’t certain she/he IS a guy…

What if she/he’s actually a girl?

• May 8, 2013 at 10:55 pmGreyman

What if it doesn’t matter?

Remember, Hasta want’s to bear Mahiro’s child and Cthuko want’s to bear Nyaruko’s, but is willing to let Mahiro bear hers.

Are these just throwaway lines?

• May 8, 2013 at 5:17 amJ-Luke

So glad that this episode was built around Kuuko-chan; it was filled with so much epicness!
    *nosebleed*

• May 8, 2013 at 5:23 amAnon

You spelt eroticism wrong.

• May 8, 2013 at 5:21 amGiorno Giovanna

• May 8, 2013 at 7:48 amCybersteel

urgh pluripotent stem cells… never again…

• May 8, 2013 at 5:56 aminanis

yah… Nyaruko problem is that shes too forward lol

and Cthuko … mm i think she can go both ways ..heh

anyways .. moe Cthuko is win.

• May 8, 2013 at 6:18 amTechim

The scene of Cthuko with her cousin in the hallway, Cthuko licking Mahiro’s finger, and Nyaruko squeezing herself against Mahiro’s back in the bathroom seems to have raised the ecchi level. I wonder if that’s a good thing?

• May 8, 2013 at 6:24 amIncognito

“Cyclone!”

Did Norio Wakamoto just voice a vacuum cleaner?

• May 9, 2013 at 12:06 amlol

an epic vacuum cleaner

• May 9, 2013 at 9:45 amDorian

Yes, yes he did. I’d recognize that voice anywhere.

• May 9, 2013 at 12:04 pmZannafar

CYCRRRRRRRRRRRRONE!

• May 10, 2013 at 9:02 pmVaan

Where I can buy those epic Norio Wakamoto vacuum cleaners?

• May 8, 2013 at 6:41 amMarkBadong

Anybody else catch the Baka and Test Reference? :3

“Test, test, Baka test…”

• May 8, 2013 at 4:37 pmThe Moondoggie

I did, LOL.

• May 8, 2013 at 6:45 amRed HeartGold

Gotta love that Shanta-kun… :3 I think a Baby Aerodactyl just used ‘Attract’ xD http://randomc.net/image/Haiyore%20Nyaruko-san/Haiyore%20Nyaruko-san%20W%20-%2005%20-%20Large%2022.jpg

• May 8, 2013 at 6:57 amCaptain Sunshine

• May 8, 2013 at 7:36 amMightnare

HHHNNNNGGGGGG
      MY HEART

• May 8, 2013 at 7:58 amCybersteel

• May 8, 2013 at 8:28 amRex

Wow, i just realized how long it has been since i saw this is an anime. Used to happen all the time.

• May 9, 2013 at 9:46 amDorian

You know, it has been a long time since an anime has had this scene. Heck, lap pillows in general seem rare these days. Let alone the service you can get with it (even rarer).

• May 8, 2013 at 9:49 amStilts

I would watch a show that was 20 minutes of Matsuki Miyu moaning, and give it AOTY. No questions.

• May 8, 2013 at 10:04 amewok40k

I’d cut my finger gladly to be desinfected in that way. And I am highly vulnerable to pain!

• May 9, 2013 at 6:55 amShinmarizu

And crying and despairing and being moe… anything I missed?

• May 9, 2013 at 9:48 amDorian

Stilts, I’m disappointed in you. AOTY? I’d say AOTD for 20 minutes of that.

• May 8, 2013 at 10:16 amGiorno Giovanna

I almost forgot to mention. Nyaruko saying “Exactly.” with the Japanese subtitle above the text is a Jojo reference to D’arby.
    You can hear the example at 0:57.

• May 8, 2013 at 4:10 pmkatsudon

Like I mentioned last week, this show is quite capable of turning on the feels when it calls for it- but the fact that it’s able to transition right back to a zany and wacky comedy is what makes the show work so well. We’ve seen this “pretend to be lovers” thing in many shows before, and while sometimes it isn’t always pulled off successfully, I’m sure Nyaruko won’t have any problems there… It’ll just be chock full of tokusatsu and random anime references along the way though. =D
    Two other things:
    The ending sequence this week was great- definitely want the full version of it!
    I WANT THAT VACUUM CLEANER

• May 8, 2013 at 5:45 pmShadow74

Cthuko found the answer to a love triangle, and is to make a TRIO lol XD. It is the most insane and best answer I’ve heard XD. And best of all, it seems that she if serious and likes Mahiro. I already see more chaos and disorder in upcoming episodes.

• May 8, 2013 at 5:46 pmVaan

• May 8, 2013 at 8:09 pmShadow74

No, they look cute together. Cthuko is the cutest of this anime with her ​​soft voice and his ecchi jokes are great XD

• May 8, 2013 at 11:49 pmVaan

At the end of this episode she realizes she likes him. And in the previews for the next episode it shows her giving him a lap pillow!!

• May 9, 2013 at 3:19 amfoureyeszerosoul

I just thought I had to share this before my SAN-points dropped. LOL.

• May 9, 2013 at 5:48 amGranten

If done carefully, drama in a comedy series can actually be more impacting than drama in a drama series. Of course genre shifts are hard, but they can make you really feel what the character is feeling because it’s so different from the everyday life we see them lead.

• May 9, 2013 at 8:30 amdeVacto

kamen rider W parody?

• May 10, 2013 at 11:41 pmMytho

I don’t know about you, but this Mahiro character has to be the dumbest and most annoying character since Shinji. He has visited the most fantastic, terrific places, (come on, he traveled to the pleyades) has been witness to events that could literally knock Lovecraft socks away, and he behaves as if it was a common ocurrence, even an annoying one… Come on! Really? I hate that thing the most about mahiro. Honestly, I don’t konw what does Nyaruko chan sees about him…

• May 26, 2013 at 7:28 pmmythnut

Not everyone is a Lovecraft fan… *shrugs*
      I’d say that if his only reaction to the vistas and inhabitants of the Cthulhu Mythos is to exhibit mild irritation, he’s doing better than the 70% of Lovecraft’s protagonists that went insane and/or died. Also, it’s not like he’s led a completely normal life even before Nyaruko showed up – look at his mom. He’s actually descended from a line of evil god hunters, hence his proficiency with a fork.
      All in all, he shows remarkable control over the situation, and is much less of a pushover than the average harem lead. I’m actually not sure where you got the notion that he was dumb or Shinji-like. ‘Cause man, Mahiro doesn’t run away