Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge – 07, 08 »« Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge – 05

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge – 06

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   01 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   02 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   03
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   04 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   05 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   06
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   07 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   08 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   09
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   10 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   11 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   12
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   13 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   14 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   15
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   16 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   17 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   18
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   19 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   20 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   21
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   22 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   23 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   24
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   25 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   26 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   27
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   28 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   29 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   30
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   31 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   32 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   33
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   34 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   35 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   36

「―星のワルツ―」 (―Hoshi no Warutsu―)
“―The Star’s Waltz―”

Crime Edge never ceases to deliver entertainment for me every week and whether it’s sad or happy or terrifying, I still manage to enjoy the show. It’s a great bundle of joy wrapped underneath crazy characters and a twisted game that they’re thrown in. However there are so many aspects of this show that I enjoy because it’s quite lighthearted in some ways. You know the characters aren’t going to die and the dire circumstances they’re in – don’t really seem that bad afterwards. The story also manages to wrap itself up very well without major cliffhangers.

This episode revealed that Ruka is the real Author of the Killing Good and she’s been controlling Romeo since they were young. Ever since she’s been shafted for a leading role in a school play, she’s felt neglected and probably left out because even Romeo didn’t vote for her. I swear, events that happen to you as a kid really make an impact on your personality growing up and I can relate to how Ruka feels. Not that I had a Killing Good handed down to me, but it’s that feeling of being bullied or isolated that makes you want to change or be someone else. In Ruka’s case, she felt that she had to be in power to make others like her and brainwashed everyone into obeying her. Everyone except Romeo that is, because it seemed like he did everything out of his own free will for her (or maybe it’s because he’s been whipped that much). It strikes me as odd because last episode she was getting all the attention anyway, but probably the wrong type of attention.

Romeo on the other hand suddenly lost all his manhood when he became the submissive one this episode. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I felt like he lost all individuality and he was just a pawn for Ruka to boss around. Of course, Ruka ends up breaking down and pouring her heart out so I expect Romeo to be the one that helps console her. In that respect, Romeo earned some points back and they really are a couple fit for one another. Their arc has ended already but I’m pretty sure it’s not the last time we’ll see them. I’ve noticed that almost every Author/Instead relationship could be seen as a romantic one; other than the Byouinzaka sisters that is.

I thoroughly enjoyed the ending which finally featured the stargazing scene and the relationship between Iwai and Kiri. There was never a moment that I thought that Kiri and Iwai weren’t meant for each other and I’m glad that (even under these circumstances) they’re together. All the misunderstandings were cleared in the end and although there’s no straight up “confession”, I’m sure that they must know how the other feels. It’s much better to stargaze without all your fellow peers around you anyway. The ending tied in very well with their little dance (same ED as episode 1) and I felt very content for them – hopefully it continues that way.

Full-length images: 07, 08, 09, 11, 13, 24, 31.

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   Preview 01 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   Preview 02 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   06   Preview 03
May 9, 2013 at 3:00 pm
  • May 9, 2013 at 3:08 pmmac65

Crime Edge never seizes ceases {maybe?} to deliver entertainment for me every week…

• May 9, 2013 at 7:58 pmCherrie

Fixed thanks.

• May 9, 2013 at 11:36 pmCybersteel

The S&M affected her writing somehow ;D

• May 9, 2013 at 3:33 pmWanderer

You’ve done two reviews for this series since the last one for Red Data Girl. Is something wrong?

• May 9, 2013 at 8:00 pmCherrie

Sorry! I just posted RDG though. I’ve been busy traveling so I had time to do one show and not the other =X Shouldn’t happen again ^^

• May 9, 2013 at 3:55 pmMgMaster

Kiri went pretty GAR this ep(again),and I don’t just mean him kicking ass taking names with his Crime Edge.

‘Dem lines: “Just say it out clearly.If you don’t tell me what you’re thinking I will not understand!”

Seriously,the guy’s awesome.

He’s totally one of my favorite anime protagonists of the season – currently tied with Maou Sadao for 2nd place and under Hichigaia Hachiman whom currently holds the 1st.

• May 9, 2013 at 4:37 pmMegas

Well this episode was certainly entertaining. I don’t know how many times I wanted those typically clueless protags to say those lines. Kiri was pretty meh to me b4 he said that. Now he’s definitely 3rd on my list behind Hichi & Maou – but he’s still pulling up the rear since all the others aren’t even close to making it.

• May 9, 2013 at 5:08 pmMagoiichi

Those grain like color screens whenever the action happens are really starting to bother me and get on my nerves.I find myself asking this question everytime I see those color screens.

I’ve always thought that Romio was still under control because he’s been whipped so much.It’s one of those things where the reader/audience will probably never know for sure ;/.

• May 9, 2013 at 5:51 pmcreaothceann

When there’s a doujin audience there’s always a way.

• May 9, 2013 at 7:01 pmZen

See? Didn’t I say that this sweet little arc wasn’t at all what it seems? All in all, a pretty clever ruse and a rather heartwarming to the boot….:)

The Author/Instead relationship may be fictional, but has its basis in reality. One of the key features of many stable, long term relationships (And many close familial relationships) is a condition of mutual requirement, usually emotional. Studies have shown that many elderly couples who’ve stayed together for 50 or more years did so because each fulfilled the other’s deep-seated emotional needs originating from childhood (usually traumas)…

• May 10, 2013 at 9:39 amCherrie

Very true, I’m tempted to read the manga now although I’m stopping myself because I don’t want my blogs to end up comparing the two >_<

I think there are a lot of reasons why couples can last 50+ years together – for the most part, I hope it’s because they “complete” each other by balancing their emotional needs. On the other hand, I think a lot of marriages before were arranged or settled without giving couples adequate “dating” periods. Therefore they feel devoted in that relationship and don’t really divorce even though they don’t feel suited for one another. That could just be from my experience though so *shrugs… I dunno o_o

• May 10, 2013 at 2:00 pmZen

Obviously these studies only focused on the ones who married for love, so yeah…XP

• May 9, 2013 at 8:24 pmBear

The Instead in the relationship (except for maybe the Byouinzaka sisters ) seems to gain something from the relationship too, so my guess is that Romeo is a willing participant. Even the police woman gets off on being strangled. Iwai obviously both fulfills a need as well has has her need fulfilled.

Kiri is a strange hero. Caring, but also barely holding on to his humanity. Almost, but not quite, an antihero. Don’t think I know of another character that is like him. Of course, the story could go to a very dark place and he could go on a murderous rampage…

• May 9, 2013 at 8:52 pmThe Moondoggie

Don’t tell me women hate submissive men? I thought women wanted to be worshipped by us?

Anyway LOL, hair sex and now, hair NTR(almost). Kiri has it good with women. He’s a descendant of a murderer, inheriting all the power and abilities of his ancestor, while loved(and soon obsessed over) by a loli. “Edgy” is the word to describe him.

10/10.

• May 10, 2013 at 9:43 amCherrie

I like my men manly and dominating ;) *cough50shadesofgrey*cough

• May 10, 2013 at 6:41 pmThe Moondoggie

And you say you find S&M weird when you are inherently an S, given the statement you just made? LOL.

So you like manly and dominating huh? (-_-’)

• May 10, 2013 at 1:53 pmMgMaster

Makes me wonder if a guy who’s into manipulative girls can be considered submissive if he’s the manipulative type himself.

I guess that’s what Kiri imagined Ruka and Romeo to be at the end accompied by a heavy dose of S&M.The S&M seems to be heavily clouding their judgement though…

When I think about it,I’d really like to see a romance anime(whether’s it’s a comedy,action or a drama and/or tragedy)with a such a manipulative couple(whether it’s a couple in the making or an established one) but withouth the whole S&M part so they’re kept as level headed as possible.Take someone like Ruka here or even better,Masuzu,Yozora or Kawashima Ami and put them next to someone like Yagami Light or Lelouch(highly nerfed versions of them though :P).I don’t recall any anime with such a couple – maybe Lelouch and CC but it didn’t focus too much on that,although I loved their dynamics.

• May 9, 2013 at 9:33 pmHeavenlyFeel

This is shaping up to be one of my favorite animes this season. I personally found the image Kiri had, of a kneeling Romeo holding Ruka’s chains quite endearing.

• May 10, 2013 at 12:21 amc2710

My sinful delight for the season.

Seriously…. Iwai is so kawaii and Ruka is just so lovable when she broke down

• May 10, 2013 at 2:44 amKinji

see…good anime is not always revolves around harem. Its been so long Im searching for shounen plus romance anime like this. The ost is very very heartwarming

• May 10, 2013 at 10:15 amAki-Chan

That dance under the stars
    <3 <3

• May 11, 2013 at 8:48 amBananarchy

I was a little disappointed with this episode. It felt rushed and that weakened the narrative arc for the villains this time around. The interplay between the two protagonists was great as ever but the abrupt turnaround and weak bully backstory left me rolling my eyes…

• May 12, 2013 at 11:18 amsealouse

I think it would have been a nice touch if Iwai’s hair grew out during the dance. Oh well. I have a good imagination.