Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W – 09 »« Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W – 07

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W – 08

Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   01 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   02 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   03
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   04 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   05 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   06
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   07 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   08 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   09
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   10 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   11 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   12
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   13 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   14 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   15
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   16 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   17 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   18
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   19 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   20 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   21

「小さな恋のうた」 (Chisana Koi no Uta)
“Small Love Song”

Another week, another episode of unexpected heartwarming moments.

I never once thought that our cute and cuddly dragon Shanta would be the surprise fourth girl that appeared this week. But before I even get into that topic, does anyone else think that Hasta is getting the extremely short end of the stick? I mean with the season close to over, it feels like he’s getting less and less screen time every week! Sure he may not be the most prominent main character but after getting a glimpse of what’s hiding behind that cute exterior of his, I’m sure some of us would appreciate if he got another chance to shine!

But once you look passed that, this week’s episode was a really lighthearted one. Seeing how I’ve never seen Shanta as more than Nyaruko’s pet and trusty mount to get from Point A to Point B, it was awfully cute watching her get some literal personification. Add in a bit of Mahiro going above and beyond to help her realize that he cares about her and appreciates the things she does for him and you end up with this awfully warm feeling sitting inside your heart. And while I’d have liked for her to get a real voice actor, listening to that familiar “Mii-Mii!” come out of a cute face l had this strange charm that I can’t really explain.

In general Nyaruko fashion, there were a ton of references for all of us to catch this week. The most prominent for me being the ones from Dragonball, Pokemon, and my personal favorite Oregairu!. But after an episode like that, you know what’s on my mind? Thinking about just how brutal Cthune is going to be next week as she beats the crap out of everyone for trapping her in-between dimensions.

Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   Preview 01 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   Preview 02 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   08   Preview 03
June 6, 2013 at 4:00 am
  • June 6, 2013 at 4:47 amKouji-kun

The peak of this episode was at the beginning when Satomi (Kuroko) started narrating. A stark reminder that Kuroko’s voice is pretty awesome.

• June 6, 2013 at 4:53 amAkoriko

Actually it was a reference to her role as the narrator in “Ōkami-san & Her Seven Companions”.

• June 6, 2013 at 8:38 pmsmokex365

Thought it sounded familiar. I couldn’t place it. Now I’m reminded of my need for a second season.

• June 6, 2013 at 4:54 amStilts

Satomi Arai and loli meido Shanta-chan? I wish these two would never leave. Fervently. Not gunna lie, it keeps me up at night.

• June 6, 2013 at 6:23 amBeedle

Shanta-chan… oh my!

• June 6, 2013 at 7:04 amTechim

The part where Nyaruko thinks that Shanta has betrayed her really reminds me of the prequel series version.
    No, I don’t mean Haiyore! Nyaruko-san (aka Season 1),
    I’m referring to the Nyaruani series, where Nyaruko & Mahiro have a short verbal battle to let Shanta determine its master.

That series even has an uncensored version of Mahiro stabbing Nyaruko’s hand with a fork with blood gushing. (meant in a comical fashion of course)=p

• June 6, 2013 at 7:13 amVaans

Oregairu reference? Where? I missed that.

• June 6, 2013 at 7:26 amAkoriko

In the preview (or directly before?) Nyaruko says something like “As expected, Mahiro’s youthful romantic comedy is wrong! MahiGairu, for short!”

• June 6, 2013 at 7:15 amUkiyaSeed

And once again, another Kamen Rider W reference. This show is really consistent with the Kamen Rider W and Wizard references.

• June 6, 2013 at 7:32 amK

Shingeki no Kyojun reference in the preview lols.

• June 6, 2013 at 9:00 amTechim

No, that’s a “The Ring” reference.

• June 6, 2013 at 10:32 amBear

There was an Oreimo reference too: “My pet couldn’t possibly be this much of a little girl!”

• June 6, 2013 at 2:14 pmToto

“And while I’d have liked for her to get a real voice actor, listening to that familiar Mii-Mii! come out of a cute face l had this strange charm that I can’t really explain.”

Shanta does have an actual voice actress, Arai Satomi. In fact, the opening narration for this episode was a direct reference to Arai’s narration for Ookami-san.

• June 6, 2013 at 2:34 pmunit00kai

love the tenchi muyo reference.so old school

• June 6, 2013 at 5:17 pmHochmeister

Shanta’s cuteness level… it’s over 9000!!! But yeah, very funny and touching at the same time. Shanta seemed like a little lost puppy in mannerisms.

• June 6, 2013 at 11:23 pmYuhsaku

Arai Satomi’s narration does bring into mind Ookami-san and To Aru Kagaku no Railgun.

• June 7, 2013 at 2:45 amYore

That’s why manga is so damn and dangerously good,it turns me into something I don’t want:into LOLICON!

• June 8, 2013 at 11:11 amMagoiichi

Shantamon digivolve to…..Lolimon! So many references <3 My favorite is Kuroko's Narration, I half expected her to say Judgement at some point lol.

I don’t get this reference, but I more than likely saw where it’s from.

I agree with you Takaii that Hasta needs more screentime.The last episode where he got a major focus was when he unleashed his true form.Was that even in this season or last season lol.

Shit just got real, no one is safe, and there is no escape.