One Piece 711 – Talked About Being Screwed Over!
Trafalgar Law just can’t catch a break – it seems like the hunter has now become the hunted, and the reality of his adverse situation does look pretty grim. I’m pleased to learn that Doflamingo still has a trick or two up his sleeve and just when you thought he has been boxed in, the Heavenly Yaksha flips the situation around to his favor. There was always a sense that the Marines have a bigger role to play in this conflict and their presence has certainly been felt early and throughout – whether it was Admiral Fujitora, CP-0 or the grunt’s ship that crashed onto Green Bit. The Surgeon of Death himself did intentionally lead the Marines to their location – as a precautionary measure – but it appears that Doflamingo had the exact same idea in mind and he has now teamed up with Issho in an effort to thwart his opponent’s plan. Fleet Admiral Akainu has made clear that he will not let the Straw Hat-Heart alliance run riot and cooperating with Doflamingo would, no doubt, give the Marines the perfect chance to rein in both Luffy and Law. If Doflamingo is indeed an ally of the Marines, it would also imply that his Shichibukai status remained very well intact and the news of his resignation was nothing more than a pretense to corner their real target. It’s hard to overstate just how complex the dialogue behind the scenes is and I suspect the most recent chess move by Doflamingo is merely a taste of what the flamboyant pirate is capable of.
To my great surprise, the identity of Law’s informant is none other than Sanji – who was last seen in the company of Violet. Presumably, it was the dancer who clued Sanji in on Doflamingo’s conniving scheme and I have a sneaking suspicion the person that she wants Sanji to kill is, in fact, the captain of the Donquixote Pirates. The King of Dressrosa has made his fair share of enemies – that much is clear, and we can probably add the entire civilization of dwarves into that long list. Wicca, the dwarf/fairy that Zoro bumped into, revealed a certain animosity that exists between her people and the Donquixote Family, and with that revelation, it was also made apparent that Doflamingo is planning an ambush for the Thousand Sunny. No question, the dwarf of Tontatta Kingdom is an interesting bunch – it’s not just their goofy character disposition that fascinates me to no end, the powerful physical capability that they posses was also exemplified in this chapter. With multiple subplots running at the same time, I don’t think we’ll be getting a breather any time soon and as Franky and Zoro head towards the same destination, it would also be interesting to see what kind of drama and commotion await them at the flower field – and perhaps that’s where the SMILE factory is!
- “Nothing to report from Sector B” – Are you absolutely sure? Robin’s chest is filled with treasures!
- “Overly trusting is an understatement” – Robin’s “WTF” expression was just priceless!
- “If you refuse, we’ll have to strip you” – Such a shame that they didn’t proceed with the plan.
- “We’ve returned your Den Den Mushi to the wild” – That was a moment worthy of a facepalm!
- I wonder what tall tale did Usopp make up this time – He’s a hero all right!
- “I told you to climb the stairs, you dimwit” – The sight of Zoro getting diss by a dwarf had me laughing out loud!
- A love story between the Toy Soldier and Rebecca – Does that mean she’s no longer in the running for the Straw Hat’s new nakama?
- The warrior dwarf Leo is probably a Devil Fruit user and his Nui Nui no Mi can perform quite a remarkable feat – Maybe he’s a potential candidate for the Straw Hat crew.
tl;dr: @SeishunRC – #OnePiece 711: The hunter has now become the hunted – Law vs Doflamingo vs Admiral Issho! #Manga
Shameless Plug: We’ve just revamped Random Curiosity’s “About This Site”. Check it out and let us know what you think!