FAIRY TAIL 348 – God Damn it, Yukino! What the Hell?!
Clearly, we have an elephant in the room and there really isn’t much point in looking the other way – my worst nightmare has become a reality and it appears that Yukino has, indeed, ditched Fairy Tail in favor of Sabertooth! I wouldn’t go as far as to say her return was completely unexpected, but I’m not going to lie – I am not at all pleased with the latest revelation and it sure as hell did hurt big-time when the bombshell blew up in my face. Yukino is a perfect fit for Fairy Tail, and I have been a staunch advocate right from the get-go that I would like nothing more than to see her take up an apartment next to Lucy’s – or even better, become her roommate! But barring my more than obvious predilection, even I have to admit that her decision was not entirely out of character – Yukino is not nearly as smug and impudent as some of her guild members, but the fact that she takes a great deal of honor and pride in Sabertooth is also beyond doubt. Let us not forget – the Celestial Spirit Mage was, at one time, so self-conceited that she was willing to stake her own life in a mere competition, a face-off which, of course, led to her humiliating defeat at the hands of Kagura! Sabertooth has, without question, scored a big one with Yukino’s return – now that Sting is at the helm, I can only hope they have truly changed for the better, and Yukino can, at long last, find a sense of accord and belonging in the reformed guild.
Speaking of Sabertooth, their former ace sure is a major pain in the ass – Minerva is a class-S bitch unlike any other that we’ve seen thus far. The sadism and brutality that she so proudly exemplifies got me on a warpath – needless to say, the War God mage is a very powerful opponent and loli-Erza doesn’t stand the slightest chance of winning in her current state. The almighty Titania has been reduced to nothing more than a punching bag – it’s a one-sided brawl that is in desperate need of a silver lining and as it turns out, that very liberator may just be a shirtless and badass shota! Gray Fullbuster, the Ice-make mage, could have a larger role to play in the big-picture narratives – not only is he pitted against Succubus Eyes in a one-on-one showdown, his affinity with the element of ice and the history that he shares Deliora might also point to a connection with the very enigmas in sight. Deliora is, of course, a diabolical creation of Zeref’s and I have a feeling the Killing Mage might also have a hand in the secrets and conspiracies that surround Sun Village. The frozen giants, the Eternal Flame and the gate to the underworld – there’s no lack of mysteries and occults that require further elucidation and Flare may have an answer or two to share with us, starting with the whereabouts of the ever-burning flame! Not all is lost for Fairy Tail, it seems – Yukino may have chosen Sabertooth, but it increasingly looks like Flare could be a new addition to Team Magnolia. Flare’s backstory is deeply entrenched in the crux of this story arc – both a lost child and a trigger-happy yandere, there’s so much more to her than meets the eyes and I can’t wait to see what she has in store for all of us, no matter how raving-mad or bizarre her theatrics may be!
- Yukino’s out, but maybe, just maybe, Flare’s in – Trading an imouto-type for a yandere! Something tells me Juvia is not having as great of a field day as Lisanna.
- That ass, those glorious exquisite posteriors! – I can recognize Ultear’s dynamite ass from a mile off!
- Even as a shota, Gray has the most scrumptious washboard abs – yes, I admit I’m very jelly!
- “Don’t cry! We’ll save them” – A teary-eyed Flare is pretty adorable! Even if she stops being a yandere, I sure as hell hope she’ll keep up with her effort in stalking Lucy.
- “Ouch!” – That has gotta hurt! Minerva’s going to pay for it big-time, when Erza regains her powers.
- Natsu’s on the run, Charle and Happy are in hiding – Come on guys, you can do better than that!
- Yes, I fully realize I’m falling behind with my blogging commitments – Sorry about that and I hope I can bring things up to speed again very soon. Thanks for bearing with me, love you guys!
- Just had to say it again one last time – God damn it, Yukino! God damn it!
tl;dr: @SeishunRC – #FairyTail 348: God Damn it, Yukino! What the Hell?! Yukino’s out, but maybe, just maybe, Flare’s in #Manga