Bleach 556 – Doggy Style »« Bleach 554 – Old Dog, New Tricks

Bleach 555 – The Hero

Bleach Manga   555   01

This week’s chapter was more hype than action, as both sides are revving up their superpowers. For the quincies, the Vollstandig of several of the Sternritter has been released. I mentioned this last week, but Bambietta’s three cohorts confirm my guess about her power level; her strength is indeed a few steps above the rest, and combined with her psychotic personality, she’s definitely expected to wreck some serious havoc. Shinji and Komamura will certainly have to pull out everything they have immediately, and even then they probably won’t be able to hold her off for too long. As for the three more laid-back Sternritter, their strength should not be underestimated either, but they may end up as cannon fodder for the next hero to arrive.

Speaking of heroes for Soul Society, the Gotei 13’s superweapon and savior, Kurosaki Ichigo, has finally completed his training in the Soul King’s Palace and is making the long journey back. He’s armed with new swords and a new outfit, and feels to have matured considerably as well. I believe that he has a lot of additional powers and skills that hasn’t been shown yet, and Kubo is probably waiting to reveal them once he begins fighting. While everything is building up for Ichigo to start kicking some quincy butt, there’s no doubt that it won’t be so easy for him to win the war. The Sternritter already have a plan to deal with him, and the fact that a younger version of Yhwach was essentially living inside his spirit world implies that they probably know Ichigo better than he knows himself. Even though the fake Getsuga Tenshou was allied with Ichigo and not the Sternritter, there’s still the possibility he will be playing right into the hand of Yhwach.

October 31, 2013 at 1:25 am
  • October 31, 2013 at 1:45 amImperialX

Did Bleach just pull a Dragon Ball Z on us?

• October 31, 2013 at 2:28 amSortedeVaras

Ichigo will spend the next 2 months running down Snake Way. :/

• October 31, 2013 at 2:44 amPsithief

I don’t know what terminal velocity is in Soul Society/Palace, but I think we’ve just been told Ichigo will outpace it on foot for half a day. I’m feeling airsick already.

It’s still no forbidden teleport spell Tessai used in that 100-yr flashback, but that’s apples and oranges.

Ichigo will spend the next 2 months running down Snake Way. :/

You mean in real time? Having him arrive in under 9 chapters would be a relief.

• October 31, 2013 at 3:23 amSortedeVaras

Arrival. I say 12-14 chapters with a two week staff holiday in the middle. Then 3-4 weeks of flashbacks about his training once he gets there. Maybe late February?

• October 31, 2013 at 7:54 amAnanas

I was actually excited when Goku was coming back from the dead to kick some saiyan ass while his friends were getting killed one by one. This one here is a snoozefest.

• October 31, 2013 at 11:32 amRasen

“just”?

• October 31, 2013 at 5:40 pmYanDaMan

Lol thats exactly what I was thinking. Ichigo running down that spiral staircase is like Goku returning to earth after training with King Kai to fight the Saiyans.

• November 1, 2013 at 12:28 amLaughingMan

You can go down a whole list of shonen manga that alludes to Dragon Ball in some way, be it minimally or blatantly. Trying to say that a shonen manga is ripping off DBZ these days is meaningless since DBZ had such a massive on the medium for such a long time. Of course, there are some more blatant ripoffs such as in Naruto when Naruto and Sasuke fused the Kyuubi an Susano’o a few weeks ago.

• October 31, 2013 at 2:17 amgawrshness

I wonder what Urahara has as his backup plan, should be something quite big if Ichigo told him to resist using it until he got there.

• October 31, 2013 at 2:47 amK C M

I so can’t wait for the Anime to return. This is gonna be a freaking blast.

• October 31, 2013 at 2:53 amPsithief

That’s a thing that’s actually happening? Link me some news :D

• October 31, 2013 at 5:55 amDa5id

There is no word at this time of Bleach coming back to TV, aside from the English dub which will conclude in less than a year.

• October 31, 2013 at 2:52 amPsithief

Ah, silly Shinji. How much of you got exploded this time?

(I really hope at least some of the Vizard now have hollow high-speed regeneration.)

Even though the fake Getsuga Tenshou was allied with Ichigo

Not ‘fake Zangetsu’?

• October 31, 2013 at 4:58 amCybersteel

Did the Vizards use their holofication + bankai yet?

• October 31, 2013 at 7:49 amKandur

Does it matter? Kubo is completely capable of killing off characters without showing their full powers.

• October 31, 2013 at 12:33 pmSortedeVaras

He only kills interesting characters like Unohana so everyone fighting right now should be safe.

• October 31, 2013 at 1:33 pmKandur

What? He killed Sasakibe too. I think he rather only doesn’t kill popular characters like Byakuya or Hitsugaya. Even though in the former case it really seemed like he wanted to, from the volume poem and all.

So as long as a character is below the top 10, he should be fine. I mean, to die.

• October 31, 2013 at 3:55 amswordhack4

I love the fact that Bambietta wasn’t just a comic relief villain. She is stronger than most with a serious attitude as well and now I love her even more. Ichigo is always in some new getup after intensive training. Damn. I have to admit though, he looks kinda badass in this one.

• November 1, 2013 at 9:32 pmSortedeVaras

Too bad he never keeps any of his redesigns after 2 or 3 chapters. Sweet flying cape? Gone. Long hair look? Gone. Fullbringer outfit? Threw that crap out.

• October 31, 2013 at 5:56 amDa5id

At this point, I just want them to show us all the previously unseen Bankais and be done with it.

• October 31, 2013 at 6:58 amspikerman87

It takes a week to get from the Holy Palace to Soul Society? When did Zero Squad depart for Soul Society the first time? A week before the attack? Is this a plot device for Ichigo to make an entrance once Soul Society is in ashes? Am I asking too many questions?

• October 31, 2013 at 7:09 pmCamora

I don’t think they had their giant brick to carry them this time.

• October 31, 2013 at 8:24 pmspikerman87

It’s a one…way…trip…pillar? They don’t have…more? lol.

• October 31, 2013 at 7:13 amLogan

Bambietta VS Zaraki Kenpachi. <—- Called it!

• October 31, 2013 at 8:58 amLaughingMan

>Bleach 555
    >5 is pronounced as “go” in Japanese
    >555 = go – go – go
    >in this chapter Ichigo is heading to help

Kubo

• October 31, 2013 at 9:06 amVivace

If my memory serves me right, Ichigo, Aizen, Zaraki had been confirmed as one of the five special war potentials. So,there are still 2 more guys that havent been revealed right?

• October 31, 2013 at 9:18 amRed Alchemist

Do you remember what chapter this was mentioned in because I was wondering about this also

• November 1, 2013 at 9:13 amKarma

It was likely mentioned off manga by Kubo. By now everyone should know that Aizen’s gonna return to smash some Quincy butts.

• October 31, 2013 at 12:05 pmLogan

Uryu ishida might be #4, or one of the 5 but in no particular order.

• November 1, 2013 at 2:36 pmdjango03

I’m guessing Uryu’s father is one of them. Since he seems pretty powerful and clearly despises Ywach.

• October 31, 2013 at 9:33 amG

Sorry Ichigo, the bus comes here once in a week you have to walk.

• October 31, 2013 at 3:59 pmlune

The chap was not enough for me I wanted more, Ichi going to be a bit late but he is coming its nice to see him grow more reminds me of him when he fought with Aizen he was cool & compose looking then.

The Quincy power is being release & they are now going all out hope fully the guys can hold them off until Ichi returns & I know he we will make a huge change in battle I so want to see him fight with his new sword!^^

• October 31, 2013 at 5:41 pmYanDaMan

Still waiting for Bambietta x Komamura ending.

• October 31, 2013 at 7:37 pmNomNom

Reading Bleach is like weekly checking in on the final invasion saga of Gantz – but regardless of thin plot, I’m always a sucker for dat 1 cute character Kubo makes (in this case Bambietta) her character traits are a lot like Esdese from Akame Ga Kill! and that can never be a bad thing.

• October 31, 2013 at 9:18 pmLK

Kubo now ripping off DBZ, this is not even a shameless rip off.

• November 1, 2013 at 12:22 amLaughingMan

Nigga, who HASN’T ripped off DBZ at this point?

• November 1, 2013 at 12:33 pmRobert Competente

If the white zangetsu is ichigo’s another zanpakutou. did he still had the vaizard thing?

• November 3, 2013 at 6:31 amAaron

kinda getting tired of this -the bad guy who plans everything this guy is just quincy aizen -im so tired of this

• November 3, 2013 at 3:46 pmBleachSuxBiggy

Reading the bleach chapters lately is like a bad car accident, it hurts to look, but you just can’t turn away.