Bleach 557 – The Barbarian King »« Bleach 555 – The Hero

Bleach 556 – Doggy Style

Bleach Manga   556   01

It’s the same old formula all over again, as Bambietta wrecks her surroundings with barrages of reishi bombs that knocks out Shinji and almost kills Hinamori. Unsuprisingly, she is able to just brute force her way out of Shinji’s illusion like Aizen did. At this point, shikai is unlikely to do much damage to any of the Sternritter, regardless of how gimmicky they are. Of course, it wouldn’t be a complete Bleach chapter if the good guys didn’t show off a bit of what they have. We finally see the results of Komamura’s visit to his great-grandfather: transformation back to human form, and power along with it. To reach this transcendent state, he must rip out his own heart as a way to “atone for the wolf clan’s sins” – something he does with minimal hesitation. The Sternritters’ research and scouting apparently did not uncover his new form (which happens to bear some resemblance to Kensei), so Bambietta is taken by surprise.

This is Komamura’s first power-up shown in the series, and is one sorely needed for him. Komamura’s bankai has also transformed into something more human, but quite the monstrous one at that. He also looks incredibly powerful now, though the chapter ends before we see them engage. While the visual cool factor of a character usually correlates with his strength level (and he does look pretty darn good now), I still have my doubts that Komamura will be able to redeem himself overpower his manic opponent. The mechanics of his bankai don’t seem particularly different, so even if he is able to land a few hits, if this matchup is about raw power against raw power, then Bambietta could just make even bigger explosions or pull off some bullshit maneuver like turning his bankai into a giant walking reishi bomb.

November 8, 2013 at 10:52 pm
  • November 8, 2013 at 11:02 pmNUE

Actually, Aizen use Kyōka Suigetsu to trump Shinji’s illusion.

• November 8, 2013 at 11:04 pmAbsaroka

The whole “Mind over matter” thing never works out for poor Shinji.

• November 9, 2013 at 12:11 amPsithief

Yeah, it seems like Shinji rolled a 2% on the [random shikai powers] chart and a 1% on the [random shikai drawbacks] chart.

Power: Minor inconvenience to opponent if opponent is unaware of its effects.
      Drawback: Must inform opponents of Shikai’s ability before it will work.

• November 9, 2013 at 12:50 amAezy

Though when his Shikai is active, it is quite annoying to miss the toilet with your stream…

• November 9, 2013 at 3:06 amKandur

Its funny that in Hunter-x-Hunter there’s a character whose power works exactly like that. He has to explain it for it to work. It’s a condition. Now that’s funny.

• November 8, 2013 at 11:04 pmLogi

One reason I still read Bleach is for the drawings which is quite bada%#.

• November 9, 2013 at 9:15 amWW

The only reason I still read Bleach is because the drawings are bada$$. lol

• November 8, 2013 at 11:11 pmSortedeVaras

Sweet ‘stache = more powerful.

• November 9, 2013 at 12:36 aminfo600

Just in time for movember?

• November 8, 2013 at 11:15 pmBleachSuxBiggy

Reading the bleach chapters lately is like a bad car accident, it hurts to look, but you just can’t turn away.

• November 10, 2013 at 1:28 amNUE

Bleach does not suck, it is just too complicated for you and 34 of your friends. And if you disagree with me then just stop reading bleach. Because I think is a damn-good manga if its keeps pulling you back in.

• November 10, 2013 at 9:42 amLaughingMan

Next time you make a comment, try not to copy and paste the EXACT same comment you made last week dickhead.

• November 9, 2013 at 12:01 amPsithief

Am I biased, or did Bamietta get some (relatively) amazing art this chapter?

• November 9, 2013 at 12:29 amSortedeVaras

How so? I did not see anything out of the ordinary.

• November 9, 2013 at 12:41 amPsithief

I must have liked the inverted greys panel more than is typical.
        Or maybe, since she doesn’t have oversized boobs and her costume is mostly white, all her panels include her face?
        :D

• November 9, 2013 at 12:39 amecho

I still can’t find any part of Bambietta’s characteristic likeable other than she is a new girl character that has a more normal design…

• November 9, 2013 at 1:06 amKeranu

Im surprised bambietta didnt change much….

The only thing is that she grew wings, not even close to how much kirge changed when he used vollstandig. Hopefully every Sternritter has their own form instead of just sprouting different looking wings.

• November 9, 2013 at 1:41 amKaineng

“like turning his bankai into a giant walking reishi bomb.”

I don’t like the sound of that. Hope Bambietta does not have the time to do so?

About time Komamura reveals his potential. It took like… 500+ chapters? Seriously Kubo?

• November 9, 2013 at 2:12 amKentaiyoshimi

You’re giving Kubo to much credit. Something like this, Kubo probably pulled out of his ass a couple weeks prior. Nothing in Bleach feels deliberate, Everything happens simply to extend the chapter count.

• November 9, 2013 at 10:49 amNUE

Why you always have to assume that every twist that Kubo makes is an ass-pull. You know what your problem is you are insecure. You claim you hate Bleach and yet you’re still reading it. You go on the internet where no one knows who or where you are, insult Bleach and Kubo just to make yourself feel good like a sick matserbation.

• November 9, 2013 at 2:43 pmSortedeVaras

Unable to counter an argument over the quality of writing you turn to personal insults, how impressive your diction. You claim to love Bleach but are reading illegal scanlations of it, stealing money directly from poor Mr. Kubo’s pocket. For shame! Also masturbation is spelled with a “u,” is perfectly natural and nothing to be ashamed of.

• November 9, 2013 at 3:14 pmKarma

Like so many, I read scanlations because the only way I could buy manga would be ordering one from another country and would turn out to be ridiculously expensive in the long run.

Tho there’s a point, it’s kinda weird to continue reading something you hate so much.

• November 9, 2013 at 5:53 pmNUE

@SortedeVaras,
        Sorry Grammar Coach, I was in the heat of the moment. But let me tell I do love bleach and I do not steal from Kubo-sensei. Because behind me is a shelf of Bleach volumes from one to forty-four, because I could not find the rest.

• November 9, 2013 at 5:57 pmNUE

Dammit I forgot the “you” again.

• November 11, 2013 at 7:16 amLogan

I love the bleach series, and when I get a chance i’m going to buy all volumes and display them for my kids to read and dream about. Also I noticed the upvote, downvote in this forum is flawed. You can – per say – open up several different browsers and give a point to any comment from each. then from a mobile, and tablet, work computers, and sooooooo on. Be careful with ego my friends.

• November 9, 2013 at 10:28 amNUE

Since when this manga is all about Komamura? If anytime this is the right time for Komamura reveals his potential.

• November 9, 2013 at 4:26 amAku

Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting master of darkness unleashed an UNSPEAKABLE EVIL!

But some FOOLISH Quincy, wielding some magic arrows, step forth to oppose me.

• November 9, 2013 at 4:53 amlune

Im amaze with the transformation we all see that everyone is serious in winning this fight another trap card has been revealed. I wonder whos next?

• November 9, 2013 at 11:15 amNUE

PROOOF, I don’t think that you are suit to blog about bleach anymore.

• November 9, 2013 at 5:39 pmSekai

And your reasoning is…?

• November 10, 2013 at 1:17 amNUE

He just sounds like an asshole in this article. If he was a fan of Bleach he would came off excited about the latest chapter. But instead he came as a troll. I’m probably being unfair. I mean possibly his true intention was to be professional, but it didn’t sound that way to me.

• November 12, 2013 at 12:05 amEcho

@NUE: To be honest, it is getting harder to look for something to be praised in Bleach nowadays… At most you can say the plot-twist(?) is good for how they turn tables to owerpower each other, but it is getting repetitive in Bleach now…

• November 11, 2013 at 1:47 amAizen

Fucking fanboy. He’s doing just fine.

• November 12, 2013 at 10:22 pmspikerman87

At this point it would be hard for anyone to blog about Bleach. He’s doing fine.

• November 9, 2013 at 12:30 pmspikerman87

Recap. Komamura ‘s Bankai is a giant that synchronizes his movements…and any damage done to the giant is done to him. Bambietta can throw hundreds of devastating bombs out of her wings…So really Komamura just gave her a huge target.
    *slow clap*

• November 9, 2013 at 3:16 pmKarma

Then again, if his Bankai is far more durable than he is, then he just made himself a gigantic shield.

• November 9, 2013 at 6:46 pmYogo

The name of his bankai mentions “Heavenly Rope” or something, I believe. Do you really think Komamura would be that stupid as to make himself a bigger target, if the bankai was the same as last time :P? Nope, we’re about to see Komamura the Lycanthrope kick some Bambietta butt.

Seriously, I’ve gained a lot of respect for Koma. He ripped his own heart out for the sake of Gotei 13…

• November 9, 2013 at 8:19 pmYanDaMan

If he ripped his heart out, how is he alive?

And lol wolf clan, I always thought he was a fox.

• November 11, 2013 at 9:35 amEo

Same here.

• November 10, 2013 at 9:48 amLaughingMan

Komamura must’ve gained some new amazing powers out of this. I’m glad Kubo actually revealed Komamura’s backstory and the race that he came from. Now we’ll just have to wait and see what kind of abilities he has now.

Also, /a/’s recap of the arc so far:

• November 11, 2013 at 8:02 pmSecsuey

that is some funny recap xD

• November 11, 2013 at 1:57 pmSeishowmeu

This was a character in desperate need of more back story & character development. Like what was he [other than a dog] anyway? Now we know. Kubo gave this guy an upgrade cause the fans wanted it. He was too weak. No matter. It seems that this is his “true” Bankai and it seems more demon than anything else. The It-gets-slashed-and-Komamura-feels-it will likely be gone. I mean come on seriously that was more than wack! To say this was JUST another power-up makes me think that PROOF has had enough. So maybe he shouldn’t be forced/made to write BLEACH Chapter updates cause this one was painful to read.