Bleach 559 – Tipping The Scales »« Bleach 557 – The Barbarian King

Bleach 558 – Bad End

Bleach Manga   558   01

I may have to stand corrected about Bambietta having something else in store to reveal. She’s not dead yet, but seems to be beaten up pretty badly, and her Vollsandig has vanished as well. Perhaps I didn’t give Komamura enough credit; that only took him one strike, which detonated her bomb inside her. Unfortunately for Bambietta, it looks like she has more to fear from her four friends now that she is incapacitated. Her fate is left as a cliffhanger, but from the dialogue we can guess that they might be taking her power or absorbing her reiatsu in some way. It’s possible that the five of them planned an agreement out beforehand or implicitly understood that if any one of them lost they would be taken (or something else around those lines). They don’t exactly seem like the type to be team players and probably have no qualms about taking advantage of their allies’ misfortunes. This may have something to do with Giselle Gewelle’s powers too; there’s not a whole lot that “Z” can stand for, and whatever it is, Bambietta clearly does not want it. I feel a bit bad for her, but there’s no doubt that she would have done the same to the others if they were beaten first.

Komamura isn’t doing great either though, as his human form begins to wear off and his bankai disintegrates. It’s the sacrifice he made for the Gotei 13, or if you look at it another way, him throwing away his human life for the sake of revenge. He also loses his anthropomorphic form, become a full wolf before being carried away by his lieutenant. Komamura’s grandfather collapses as well while thanking him, but I’m not completely clear on what happened here. Although Iba says that they will beat Yhwach together, Komamura may or may not have lost his powers already. If he no longer has his temporary immortality however, his role in this war has probably come to an end and it’s not likely he’ll actually be able to face Yhwach. Regardless, Komamura definitely got his time to shine, even though it was brief. Next up is Rukia and Renji, who are rocketing through the air towards Soul Society at this moment. They have had their rest, their training, their shiny new outfits, and hopefully they will be ready to kick some quincy ass.

November 20, 2013 at 1:20 am
  • November 20, 2013 at 1:39 amKishimoto

Isn’t he a fox, not a wolf?

• November 20, 2013 at 1:41 amSortedeVaras

Apparently he is a werewolf now.

• November 20, 2013 at 5:12 amlol

WEREFOX~

• November 20, 2013 at 6:10 amjn99y4

So if he’s a fox, what does the fox say?

• November 20, 2013 at 12:21 pmEo

He is actually a reincarnation of Fantastic Mr. Fox

• November 20, 2013 at 2:57 amDdadain

Bittersweet ;_;

• November 20, 2013 at 1:06 pmtouma

To be frank, I did wanted Bambietta to meet Ichigo, who would be defined as a “hot guy” by another girl, but it seems that won’t occur. Unsweet indeed.

• November 21, 2013 at 4:05 pmimagine breaker

such misfortune

• November 21, 2013 at 4:53 pmSekai

Bambietta was a sadistic, cruel ***** who (to my surprise) got what was coming to her. Well done, Kubo.

• November 20, 2013 at 3:16 amigro

Cue “This isn’t even our final form”.

• November 30, 2013 at 2:50 amPsithief

Or maybe Aizen’s “I have no idea what the hell my final form will be.”

• November 20, 2013 at 3:18 amSpacyRicochet

What was the chapter where the Bambi’s teammates are introduced? I forgot about the ‘Z’ reference and want to look it up.

• November 20, 2013 at 4:00 amssj4jw

Ch 544 but the none of the teammates have reviled what their letters mean.

• November 20, 2013 at 8:29 amSpacyRicochet

Thanks! I know none of the letters got revealed, but I wanted to check it out anyway.

• November 20, 2013 at 5:22 amPsithief

A one sternritter for one captain trade is not going to win this conflict, but Komamura has my respect nonetheless.

Losing one’s hands? Awful. He won’t be able to scratch his own back anymore. Or do that thing with the sword zanjutsu.

Next up, zombified (suicide) bomber Bambi!

• November 20, 2013 at 10:44 amKarmafan

but he can still lick his balls.

• November 20, 2013 at 6:44 amanon

So Komamura is more or less now just permanently an ordinary wolf now and that his grandfather is gloating about the fact that he’s fallen victim to his clans habit of revenge and is now a mindless beast driven by it.

My favorite character is more or less gone. I don’t care what happens now to be honest, it could reach Naruto levels of clusterfuck for all I care

fuck you Kubo

• November 20, 2013 at 6:56 amspikerman87

Komamura’s lieutenant. The only lieutenant alive at this point that we know the least about. We don’t remember his name, we don’t know his backstory, and we don’t even know the name of his Shikai. Why is he still here?

• November 20, 2013 at 7:38 amLinkark07

Hey, show some respect to the president of the Shinigami Men’s Association.

• November 20, 2013 at 9:09 amLaughingMan

He’s what readers and writers like to call a minor/supporting character. They are characters in a narrative that are not focused on by the primary storyline. Sometimes supporting characters may develop a complex back-story of their own, but this is usually in relation to the main character(s), rather than entirely independently. They appear very frequently in many works of fiction.

This might be a difficult concept for you to wrap your head around, but NOT EVERY CHARACTER IN A WORK OF FICTION NEEDS TO HAVE A DETAILED BACKSTORY. There are tons of works of fiction out there with a lot of supporting characters that don’t get fleshed out. That doesn’t stop the series from being good. Hell, even A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones and The Lord of the Rings have a large number of supporting characters that don’t get fleshed out but that doesn’t stop either from being good.

This is why I can’t stand people for criticizing Bleach for “having way too many characters”. It’s like they never heard of supporting characters before. Bleach isn’t beyond criticism, but make your criticisms valid for fuck’s sake.

• November 20, 2013 at 9:41 amspikerman87

My friend, please get a sense of humor. I think your taking my comment too seriously :)

• November 20, 2013 at 9:48 amLaughingMan

@spikerman87: The problem is that while you may not be serious (although it’s more likely you’re just saying this as an excuse), there are plenty of dumbasses out there who barely even read the series and will simply use that statement as their own opinion. The most common complaint I hear from casual readers of Bleach is that it “has way too many characters”, which is one of the most retarded criticisms one can make. Even if you’re not serious, you’re propagating further stupidity. Get it now?

• November 20, 2013 at 10:33 amspikerman87

Ok. I’m sorry I made a joke about a supporting character. >_<; I'll try to be more careful in the future.

• November 20, 2013 at 11:40 amSortedeVaras

@spikerman87: Bleach is serious business.

• November 20, 2013 at 9:19 amLaughingMan

Well, as overpowered as Komamura’s ability seemed in the short-term, I had a feeling that it’d have a catch in the long-run. This may end up getting him kicked out of the Gotei 13, especially since Central 46 is run by hedonistic dipshits. I can see Kyouraku vouching for him, but even still, can Komamura even use his Zanpakuto anymore? Maybe something like this: http://images.wikia.com/darksouls/images/9/95/Great_Grey_Wolf_Sif_01.png. Even if he still has Shinigami powers, something tells me that he’s been severely gimped as a result.

As for Bambi, it’s pretty apparent that she’s screwed.

Can’t wait for Rukia and Renji to return. Hopefully Rukia received some brand new nifty techniques from her training in the Royal Palace.

• November 20, 2013 at 12:06 pmHorus

She’ll be back. Kubo rarely kills of girls. I’m still waiting for them to pull out Unohana as a surprise “Oh, Zaraki managed to save her because he wants to fight her again” speel.

Out of the whole Rescue Orihime arc there was only ONE hollow girl that got “capped” off and she wasn’t as important as Bambietta to the division.

She’s hot, she’s sadistic, she’ll be back.

• February 3, 2014 at 11:47 pmSerocco

Too bad about Bambietta. At least the other FemRitters will get a similar fate.

• November 20, 2013 at 1:17 pmM

The grandfather does not collapse, rather he’s licking his grandson’s heart.

• November 20, 2013 at 1:39 pmKeranu

Z for Zombified

• November 20, 2013 at 1:50 pmchaosdemon06

Time for Rukia!!!!!!!!!!!!! BANKAI!!!!!!! Seriously though her and Renji are going to bulldoze these bums. I think there around Ichigo’s level. They took only one day to get back to the soul society which is the same time Ichigo is going to take.

Can’t wait to see how bad ass there going to be.

Those cloaks are clearly hiding there new outfits. Ugh can’t freaking wait.

Hope you guys realize that there going to be around freaking Aizen level at this point..

I think for some reason Renji is going to fight that fire guy. Id rather Rukia fight him but I think Kubo is going to have her fight the invisible person that one shotted her before.

• November 20, 2013 at 2:55 pmneo_star

I wouldn’t go as far to say they are at Ichigo’s level. Renji and Rukia may stand a chance against some of the grunts, but would definitely have a hard time with some of the major villains if the past chapters of Bleach is an indicator.

• November 20, 2013 at 3:10 pmSortedeVaras

Krillin and Yamcha are hardly at super saiyan levels. If anything they will just buy time until Goku arrives from Snakeway to save them from Nappa.

• November 22, 2013 at 10:03 pmRed Alchemist

I think Renji will end up fighting Nodt and since Byakuya wasn’t around to receive Urahara’s pill I would assume that he still has Byakuya’s bankai so if Renji could defeat him while he has Byakuya’s bankai in a sense it would be like him also finally overcoming Byakuya

• November 20, 2013 at 3:40 pmSomewhat_Irate

So an already quite formidable fighter gives his all to temporarily transcend his opponent’s power and defeat them, and loses everything once he’s unleashed his most powerful attack.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this the THIRD time that Kubo has hit us with this particular plot development? I mean, when Ishida did it, it was cool and novel and lead to some interesting character introspection, even if it did kick off his continuing battle with irrelevance. When Ichigo did it, it was… a bit of an ass-pull, frankly, but it did finally bring that seemingly endless Arrancar arc to a close.

Now Koma’s pulling the exact same s**t? Really? So instead of unveiling a bankai from a captain we haven’t seen before, of which there are still plenty, we’re just gonna reread the same panels we’ve already seen twice, but with a couple different faces in them?

OK Kubo. Whatever you want.

• November 20, 2013 at 9:27 pmhjerry

I believe that what it occuring, with the father, is that he is passing on, or being reincarnated. He states that he can now rest, and, if you recall, their clan were dogs as punishment. They were cursed to be dogs in the afterlife, so that they could never reincarnate and return to earth. At the end, the father eats the heart. I would guess that, in doing so, the father would reincarnate, and Komamura would take his place, as a dog that cannot die, and can never pass on. It would be his punishment for choosing veangence.

• November 21, 2013 at 5:06 amYogo

Who else believes that the Z girl looks a bit creepy? She looks like she’ll be one of the most sadistic members in the Sternritter :).

• November 21, 2013 at 12:58 pmYanDaMan

Why do I have a feeling that some kind of grotesque fusion is about to happen between Bambietta and her 4 cronies?

Either way, I hope Kubo dont kill her off. She’s cool.

• November 21, 2013 at 3:53 pmgrumph

mmm…. what a overall boring chapter…
    Not much going on… feels more like a filler than anything else.