Bleach 564 – Burned Out »« Bleach 562 – Bloody Murder

Bleach 563 – Superstar Never Die

Bleach Manga   563   01

I can’t believe that James is still alive after taking all that, and has infact duplicated himself from each piece of his original body. This guy may in fact be invincible and will probably only die when Mr. Macho also dies as he is almost certainly a built-in part of Mask’s power. With the renewed cheers, Mask pushes forward yet again with pure man mode, and even manages to close a large wound to his stomach with sheer force. He puts on quite an idiotic show and finally releases his ultimate form (complete with star nipples and underwear), blasting Renji with a barrage of powerful attacks and finishing with his ultimate-ultimate attack “Star Supernova”. This guy is just a complete parody of shounen heroes who just refuse to die no matter the odds, and always manage to come back with yet another power boost to defeat increasingly powerful opponents. Unfortunately for him, in the end he is still the bad guy, and Renji will not be going down this time. It’s not completely clear what happens in the cliffhanger, but I’m guessing that he has released his own ultimate form (probably an upgraded bankai, as the outline of Zabimaru’s head is visable). Although the chapter was incredibly light on actual material, all the trash talk and ridiculousness going back and forth made this fight more entertaining than the others in this arc, despite the same predictable formula. Hopefully though Renji will finish things off soon so we can move on to other things.

December 25, 2013 at 2:07 pm
  • December 25, 2013 at 2:20 pmGermanguy

This Guy, killed his Fan with his Super Attack. So his Fan should now be Dead for real

• December 25, 2013 at 6:55 pmdeVaras

Lol dead for real in Bleach. Only cool characters get to die.

• December 25, 2013 at 2:23 pmShanHaxx

Yet another pointless cliffhanger. Oh the suspense is killing me.

• December 25, 2013 at 2:37 pmRukia

They need to end this. This Superstar character is a disaster and the worst thing to ever happen to Bleach.

• December 25, 2013 at 2:39 pmGermanguy

Perhaps this is a “Holiday filler” for the Mangakas. I dunno, if in Nippon they have some kind of Golden Week around Christmas. But for my Taste even this Chapter was very thin

• December 25, 2013 at 7:00 pmdeVaras

Dude everything since Ichigo started running down Snake Way has been filler. I am half shocked that they did not spend 5 weeks showing Yamcha and Krillin (Renji and Rukia,) training with Mr. Popo.

• December 25, 2013 at 3:26 pmLily Nadesico

You can pretty much say that these super-powerful invincible Quincy jerks are the worst thing to ever happen to Bleach.

• December 25, 2013 at 5:20 pmPtolemaios00

Everything after the first Aizen reveal steadily became worse and worse for Bleach…

• December 25, 2013 at 7:01 pmdeVaras

You mean except the Fullbringers. :p

• December 25, 2013 at 11:00 pmL002

Despicable Me’s El Macho “escapes” to the bleach world to make things rather unpleasant. One of Gru’s minion obviously became James. And now Renji’s bankai may finally remedy our little “Lucha Libre” problem.

Anyway, Aizen help us, we need a better villain.

• December 26, 2013 at 8:10 amLaughingMan

Well I think Mask de Masculine is fucking awesome and one of Kubo’s most entertaining characters so I’m afraid that you’ll just have to suck my balls.

• December 25, 2013 at 3:15 pmPsithief

Self-parody of fights that go on too long, also goes on too long. As much as it would be great to see Kubo break the habit of a lifetime I know this would mean less money in his pocket at the end of it all. :)

The replicating “James” construct was creepy though. Eugh.

• December 25, 2013 at 3:48 pmswordhack4

…..These past chapters with this guy have been…….weird…

• December 26, 2013 at 4:25 amGekokujou

Agreed. I honestly did not need to see this guy in a speedo.

• December 25, 2013 at 4:50 pmYogo

I can’t wait to see how badass Renji’s Bankai is going to look now! :O

I have a feeling that after all this is over, Renji and Rukia will go over to As Nodt and get wrecked (turns out As Nodt is above Mask in power and skill), and Byakuya comes to save the day. :)

• December 25, 2013 at 5:09 pmse7en

Anyone here getting real tired of these random powerups from these villains/protagonist?

• December 25, 2013 at 5:23 pmPtolemaios00

Kubo suffers from some absurd OCD. He thinks up these crazy characters that he thinks are f-ing awesome. So, by god or BY WEEKLY FILLERS, he will explore and reveal every aspect of these unique characters before he will allow their wringed out corpses to die…

• December 25, 2013 at 5:28 pmKeranu

Honestly there has to be another faction to fight these quincies
    The gotei has lost too many top soldiers
    We have 13 captains
    2 are dead
    1 was promoted so therefore might as well be 3 captains dead
    1 became a wolf and unable to fight at all
    5 are too damaged to continue fighting
    1 is training in heaven
    2 are roaming around in god knows where, and
    1 is in his lab

• December 25, 2013 at 6:59 pmVivace

and the ex-captains

Urahara – i still have no idea what is his actual plan

Yoruichi – she has been missing the whole time from the begining of this arc

• December 26, 2013 at 5:13 amKarma

There are still the five war potentials.

• December 27, 2013 at 5:46 pmHog Lorizon

So Kensei , Shinji and Love , lost their ability to go hollow form ?

aren’t they supposed to be great counters against these Quincy’s

• December 25, 2013 at 5:31 pmDnomya

I saw the new location of the star and i was LOL-ing at the possibility that he was going to shoot his star beam from there… xD

• December 25, 2013 at 7:44 pmHochmeister

Renji’s reaction to Superstar’s new form perfectly mirrored my own. Pass the brain bleach please (pun intended).

• December 25, 2013 at 8:10 pmJohn

I honestly think this whole thing has been hilarious with “superstar”. It reminds me of being a kid and a fan of wrestling. They were like real-life comic book heros. This guy is like Hulk Hogan…but retarded. It’s hilarious!

• December 25, 2013 at 8:27 pmSkylockgate

Oh god this needs to end.. this whole superstar villain is just strange. It hurts to read this chapter without having to go through a page of him talking about his super-duper ultimate power up with stars on his head, fists, and crotch.

jfc..

• December 26, 2013 at 2:30 amEmD

I fucking love this guy.

What, are you guys intimidated by star nipples?

• December 26, 2013 at 8:11 amLaughingMan

THANK YOU! What’s not to love about a manly luchador shonen hero parody with a PHD in kicking ass?

• December 26, 2013 at 5:15 amKarma

I think Superstar is falling between being a total comic idiot, awesome Quincy and a horrible character, and that’s exactly what makes him excellent. Tho it is time to finish him off now.

• December 26, 2013 at 8:22 amLaughingMan

I honestly can’t understand why you guys haven’t liked these past few chapters. This fight has been very well illustrated with some interesting powers and Mask de Masculine is probably one of Kubo’s most entertaining characters in a long time. I’m not saying that it’s the best thing to come out of Bleach ever, but what’s not to love about this?

• December 26, 2013 at 9:24 amPsithief

My personal problem with this is the mood whiplash. I’m still reeling from the “Nope, the Visored have always really sucked and always will” bitch-slap when Shinji, Rose and Kensei got onto the page.

This enemy has no obvious personality underneath his ridiculous affected persona, and it seems like he’s written so one-dimensionally to hide the fact he’s nothing more than a mobile plot device to wipe out Gotei 13′s weenies and tiring out Renji so he can’t be the one to ‘save the day’.

(we’re not allowed to be ‘meta-’ around here, judging by all the down-votes)

Choo-choo! All aboard the game master rail-road.
      Next stop: Another contrived plot point to clear the way for Ichigo.

I won’t speak for anyone else, of course.
      Oh, and I’ve never been into any country’s version of wrestling. That might be important.

• December 27, 2013 at 5:45 pmNaTra

this is what happens when you have a site full of bleach haters. most people enjoy and actively take part in bleach discussions on the sites I use.

• December 28, 2013 at 3:52 pmLaughingMan

Believe it or not one of the best places to discuss Bleach is on 4chan’s anime board.

• December 26, 2013 at 11:58 amspikerman87

When I first read this I had alot of Eggnog…I mean ALOT of Eggnog. I shouldn’t have had alot of Eggnog before reading this chapter. Joking aside I think Mask has won me over, I really love this guy, but now I want him to stay for the rest of the series. I hope Renji doesn’t kill him, turn him into a good guy.

P.S. James is weird.

• December 26, 2013 at 2:45 pmlune

Nice Reiji final shows his new sword!^^

• December 27, 2013 at 4:26 amSmilingMan

Lol Mask is such a dumb character design. When you have a design like this in a manga, it usually means he’s going to be beaten in the most humiliating way possible.

• December 27, 2013 at 5:29 amKubo

Mask is actually the quincy’s 3rd strongest fighter.

• December 27, 2013 at 8:06 ammike

what the hell are those? moobs? with star nipples?

• December 27, 2013 at 8:17 ammike

still having a hard time wondering if those are pillar moobs coming out of his chest, but been been reading the manga back and forth and seeing that it might be a scar or a symbol that shapes like a scar, more like an optical illusion since its not colored…

• December 27, 2013 at 8:22 ammike

also renji’s new weapon looks like a katar, not sure since the details aren’t full

• December 27, 2013 at 3:06 pmBoozerX

this chapter = 2 minutes in anime
    dat Bleach

• December 30, 2013 at 3:11 pmK C M

BREAKING NEWS FAIRY TAIL ANIME RETURNS APRIL 2014, THAT’S RIGHT FT FANS THEY ARE BACK AGAIN.
    And don’t tell me that you already knew it because you didn’t until you heard it from me 1st.

• January 7, 2014 at 12:43 amChina

lol

• April 8, 2014 at 1:49 amkate spade typewriter purse

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky congratulated President Barack Obama on his second term despite their political differences and the obstacles facing the political landscape in the coming months.