Bleach 567 – What Is Dead May Never Die »« Bleach 565 – Quincy Jesus

Bleach 566 – Fear Me Not

Bleach Manga   566   01

Renji’s time in the spotlight has been put on hold for now as he takes a nap after defeating Mask de Masculine. His hiding spot turns out to be a poor choice however, and Nanana Najahkoop finds him and observes him sleeping. Renji has never been the brightest shinigami out there, but luckily for him, for some unknown reason the Sternritter chooses not to dispatch him while he’s vulnerable and instead fight him after he wakes. I certainly hope it’s not because some honor bullshit, because Nanana just made a really stupid decision. Nevertheless, I’m sure he will be able to give Renji a run for his money and catch him off guard; after all, the protagonists almost always face the villains in ascending order of strength.

Right now, its Rukia’s time to show off her new skills, and after seeing Renji’s fight, I’m pretty curious as to what she’ll be capable of. As she roams around Soul Society, she runs into As Nodt – a fitting match-up against the person that took Senbonzakura and defeated Byakuya in the first round. The somewhat androgynous As Nodt has huge black irises and a very slim and tall figure; as before, his power is “true fear”. Despite his creepy appearance, he seems somewhat arrogant and overly talkative regarding his powers, a sign of weakness and predictor of defeat in Bleach. I’m pretty sure she will be able to kick his ass handily; she’s already off to a pretty good start by easily overcoming the fear. Being “incapable of fear”, it is now her turn to strike fear into As Nodt’s heart. Of course this battle probably still has a few chapters to go, and both of them have yet to reveal any more powerful abilities like Volstandig or Bankai. Rukia has clearly advanced several levels through her training with the Royal Guard, so I’m still expecting a relatively one-sided battle like Renji vs. Mask. It should be fun watching the new bad-ass Rukia spitting off more cool lines and effortlessly countering her opponent’s powers.

January 30, 2014 at 10:11 pm
  • January 30, 2014 at 10:21 pmL002

Ho ho, it seems the Shinigami, of the cold yet beautiful ice, will now make As Nodt cower in fear.

Anyway, I am a bit shocked about Renji. Nanana Najahkoop had thought he was faking it, but Renji really was sleeping. I can predict, the moment Ichigo comes back, Renji will say “WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG, I was able to defeat a horrible star and even get some shut eye.”

Now for Uryu. I will be curious how long until he gets his power. The idea seems nice, to get the same power as a quincy jesus, but it is rather horrible if Uryu has to kill daily in order to avoid rapid aging.

• January 30, 2014 at 10:31 pmFarHorizon

As Nodt looks more interesting than the Mask & can’t wait to see Rukia’s new abilities.

Seems like years since we saw her fight (maybe because it has been :P)

• January 30, 2014 at 10:33 pmdeVaras

Please God just don’t make it take 2 months.

• January 30, 2014 at 10:46 pmTez

I hope Rukia doesn’t pull out a Bankai. I would love to see a huge upgrade in her kido abilities instead.

• January 31, 2014 at 4:28 pmSilentCid

Everyone’s pulling new stuff it wouldn’t phase me if Rukia does bankai at this point.

• February 1, 2014 at 1:15 amKarma

Yet people would also be disappointed if she didn’t pull a Bankai.

• January 30, 2014 at 11:20 pmWolframite74

I hope to see Rukia pull out new kido, Zanpakuto abilities, and bankai would be amazing. Why would not want to see her use bankai?!?!?!

• January 31, 2014 at 7:10 amTez

Because I still remember when learning your Bankai was a big deal, and a requisite to made into a Captain. It would just be too ass-pull-y of me for Rukia to learn hers even if she was trained by the best of the best of the best.

• January 31, 2014 at 9:44 amKarma

It wouldn’t be asspull-y. The Zero Squad members are the most powerful Shinigami, teaching her Bankai would be nothing just as it was for Renji learning his true Bankai (well, he literally didn’t even train but was simply told the real name lol).

• January 31, 2014 at 12:06 pmLaughingMan

Not necessarily. Rukia can use that device that Urahara invented which Ichigo used to learn Bankai in less than 3 days before Rukia’s execution.

• January 31, 2014 at 5:59 pmdeVaras

Not like there haven’t already been a thousand ass-pulls already, screw it give everyone a bankai.

• February 2, 2014 at 11:32 pmTez

All of you guys responses basically makes my point for me.

• January 30, 2014 at 11:59 pmDrift

And this is why Rukia is the best character and the most popular female lead in Bleach :) Not only smart and beautiful but calm and dignified in tough situation!

That panel of her is just scary yet beautiful.

• January 31, 2014 at 1:08 amSpike

Most popular…? Pft… She’s barely been present since the SS arc. I actually forgot her Shikai was ice related its been so long since she used the damn thing. (what in the beginning of the numbered arrancar arc?)

• January 31, 2014 at 2:56 amDrift

Take a look at official Bleach polls and anime magazines in Japan bitch! :) Rukia IS popular

• January 31, 2014 at 12:03 pmLaughingMan

And then, there’s THIS asshole…

• February 1, 2014 at 9:43 amdefc

“And this is why Rukia is the best character and the most popular female lead in Bleach”

PFTTTT.. LOL what?… Okkkkk

• January 31, 2014 at 1:20 amThe_Green_One

And we now come to the age old question in Bleach. Can a female protagonist win a high level fight? Let’s find out…..

• January 31, 2014 at 2:13 amdeVaras

This is a high level fight? We were still on the nameless scrub Quincy.

• January 31, 2014 at 6:12 pmThe_Green_One

Yet for female characters in Bleach, this is as good as it gets.

• January 31, 2014 at 1:44 amLaughingMan

Holy shit, Rukia is a badass now! God tier waifu confirmed!

• January 31, 2014 at 2:22 amArakan7

When I first saw the raws, I lol’ed at the last two pages. I mean, just from the pictures and knowing the characters…

As Nodt: Now it’s time for you to – *shoots his thing* – FEAR ME!!

Rukia: (-_-’) ‘fear’? … bitch, please.

• January 31, 2014 at 7:22 amRed Alchemist

Judging by how bleach has done things in the past this chapter probably means that for Renji that the next time we see him he’ll be on the verge of death and need to be rescued

• January 31, 2014 at 7:56 amAxe Armor

“a sign of weakness and predictor of defeat”. I love that you can review Bleach as if giving a prognosis. “Explaining your powers in the first chapter you appear is a predictor for early defeat and heart disease.”

• January 31, 2014 at 3:34 pmCamora

If they bring back the show for the final arc I hope Mask doesn’t turn out to be another planet Namek

• January 31, 2014 at 4:11 pmThatGuy31907

I kinda expect Rukia to be cornered and for Byakuya to save the day and to get his revenge.

• January 31, 2014 at 4:29 pmSilentCid

Well it has happened in the past so anything is possible.

• January 31, 2014 at 6:20 pmArsa

That would be some bullshit if that happens. Rukia needs her time to shine. I mean what, we’re only 500+ chapters in and the main female character (also the best one) hasn’t had much opportunity to do squat in years. I only remember that one fight of hers against some weird bulbous Aizen bad guy and that was at least a couple years ago right?

• February 1, 2014 at 2:09 pmThatGuy31907

Well Byakuya is all about pride, so it wouldn’t be feasible if he had his sister take his revenge in his place for his own bankai, and we’ve seen how he gets if someone lays as much as a finger on his sister. Granted, Rukia definitely deserve a handful of proper battles before the series end.

• January 31, 2014 at 7:44 pmlune

To short for me the good parts starting when it end… I wonder if Reiji knows that there is an enemy behind him that will attack any minute? Rukia will surely avenge his brother.

• February 1, 2014 at 7:29 amRukia

Rukia should lose in one attack. This is just silly.

:facepalm

• February 1, 2014 at 9:07 amRed Alchemist

I know Renji isn’t the smartest character but there is no way possible he sat there that long and didn’t notice the enemy. Or is there?

• February 1, 2014 at 7:33 pmYanDaMan

Nanana didnt attack Renji because he thought it was a trick, as he cant believe someone would really sleep in the open like that, he was basically being overcautious, then realized how stupid he was when he found he Renji was really sleeping, lol.