Bleach 576 – Double Trouble »« Bleach 574 – Unstoppable Force

Bleach 575 – Killer’s High

Bleach Manga   575   01

There’s virtual no progression in the battle this week, as all we get to see is more posturing from both sides as they test and taunt each other. As before, Kenpachi continues to destroy everything Gremmy comes up with, including missiles, bullets, giant blocks, and even large chunk of the stone stage they are fighting on. As he taunts Gremmy though, Gremmy suddenly realizes that he actually really cares about winning this fight – something that he hasn’t felt before as he had always assumed he was the strongest quincy by far. He really hasn’t been fighting to the full extent of his abilities thus far, and throwing things around/conjuring weapons is honestly a terrible use of his imagination. Now that he’s very, very pissed off and determined to destroy his opponent, maybe he’ll go all out and pull some more creative tricks (but hopefully not to Aizen-levels of bullshit). Kenpachi on the other hand is the same as always, seeking the fun in battle through a worthy opponent and copious amounts of destruction. He’s about to take off his eye-patch, and it’s also implied that he has developed a lot more control of and sensitivity to spiritual pressure; that’s not even including the unrevealed zanpakutou abilities. The fireworks will continue to get bigger and bigger as Kubo is really trying to tease us and increase the hype with all the buildup. However, it is starting to feel a little dragged out, and I really hope that this fight will end up providing more plot progression than just showcasing Kenpachi’s new powers and killing off an unimportant Sternritter.

There are also two other Sternritter observing the battle from a distance, and they note the high power levels of both Gremmy and Kenpachi. They seem relatively uninterested in the fight though, and probably won’t be seen again until a later date.

April 2, 2014 at 9:07 pm
  • April 2, 2014 at 9:08 pmYogo

Dude needs some Ritalin. :)

• April 2, 2014 at 9:14 pmVsAllGaming

I hope all this hype for Gremmy will pay off because at the moment I’m becoming a little bored of this fight. I just want Kenpachi to finish him off already lol

• April 2, 2014 at 9:21 pmNadester

Plot twist: This is all an illusion set up by yours truly…Aizen, just as planned. ;)

• April 2, 2014 at 9:41 pmKeranu

I wonder how gremmy will die, kubo never really showed kids dying in his manga, atleast not from any major battles, save for wonderweiss i guess, and considering he’s going up against kenpachi one can imagine his death will not be non-painful.

• April 2, 2014 at 9:54 pmPsithief

It sure is hard to be invested in a fight between two one-dimensional characters, especially when they’re exactly as fearless as each other.

• April 2, 2014 at 10:05 pmK C M

FAIRY TAIL ANIME RETURNS THIS WEEKEND

• April 2, 2014 at 11:07 pmSatyr

Damn, this kid has a really poor imagination…

• April 2, 2014 at 11:42 pmBelilas

If this really is the real Kenpachi (and his hardest fight) then, yes, it’s dragging. I mean, will there be Quincies who will take more out of Zaraki than Gremmy? D: Don’t wanna imagine their powers.

Tite coud let Aizen or Tsukishima take care of this guy, it would be awesome! XD

• April 3, 2014 at 1:42 amMisk

So I think I’m going to make this manga into a monthly one for me because reading this weekly is going nowhere… Perhaps I’ll enjoy it more if I semi-marathon the chapters.

• April 3, 2014 at 6:33 amRyudo

I feel the same way about reading it monthly from now on. I hate these dragged on fights that take several weeks. I remember when Kenpachi had to fight Ichigo, now that was epic, and not dragged on. Soul Society Arc ftw~

• April 3, 2014 at 10:18 pmCorey Lucas

Ahhh Soul Society Arc. The GLORY days of Bleach before it went to SHIT in the Arrancar Arc.

• April 3, 2014 at 10:01 amLinkark07

Gonna try that too. Kubo has a new quincy each month and fights get dragged. This is getting boring.

• April 3, 2014 at 10:38 amK C M

Try two months or three, trust me you will not regret it although it’s hard the best I could do was four months(Provided you have something else to do with your time).

• April 3, 2014 at 1:50 amYanDaMan

One of those sternritters that are observing the fight looks like Aizen lol!

• April 3, 2014 at 2:27 amgrt

stupid question! can touma kamijou beat gremmy easily with his imagine breaker? =p

• April 3, 2014 at 4:00 pmhaseo0408

Imagine Breaker makes Touma inmune to an instant death attack like the ones Gremmy before and if all the things he creates are supernatural by the method of conception then it´s an easy win for the Ilusion Killer Boy.

• April 3, 2014 at 7:02 amspikerman87

Really angry. We don’t need to cut to two characters (One we’ve never seen before) and talk about the fight. It wastes time, there’s no point, it’s intentionally wasting time and taking up pages to drag it out. If one of them revealed something important about Gremmy then maybe, but it’s just them saying what we already know.

I want to see them actually fight, not watch characters talking about them fight.

• April 3, 2014 at 7:13 amAeous

The two sternritter that are observing remind me so much of Barrigan and Stark, just with Pepe being a little more on the silly side.
    I also feel like Gremmy spawning firearms isn’t so much that he “lacks” imagination and more on the side of he is embracing aggression and violence, and to us in the real world, guns and violence often go hand and hand. A good use of imagery in a sense.

• April 3, 2014 at 7:59 amP Ko

> The fireworks will continue to get bigger and bigger as Kubo is really trying to tease us and increase the hype with all the buildup

Brace for epic disappointment like what happened with Yachiru.

• April 3, 2014 at 9:54 amNeunmann

Meanwhile in One Piece http://clip2net.com/s/79mSa6

• April 3, 2014 at 3:55 pmhaseo0408

When you want to make a bad situation a hell lot worse you can count on Kenpachi! This better end with Kenpachi showing his shikai and bankai because I want to this brat realize the grave mistake of facing the craziest bastard in the Bleah universe.

• April 3, 2014 at 8:17 pmiion42

Gremmy: You interrupted… my fantasies about that girl.
    Kenpachi: You sick pedophile…
    Gremmy: W-wait, that’s not what I mean! D:>

• April 3, 2014 at 9:06 pmUngas123

Gremmy: What I meant is, Zaraki, your ass will be mine!

• April 3, 2014 at 10:20 pmCorey Lucas

For Goodness sake just end the dammned fight Zaraki! Save us the readers the trouble from being selfish. ASSPULL DAMMIT!

• April 3, 2014 at 11:23 pmGinobi47

Thank god i’ve been reading bleach only once every month…. it’s painfully repetative