Fall 2014 Schedule »« Spring 2014 Schedule

PSYCHO-PASS (New Edit)
25:20 CX (7/10)
Sword Art Online II
23:30 MX (7/5)
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
25:05 TX (7/6)
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei!
25:35 MX (7/9)
Sengoku BASARA: Judge End
25:50 ntv (7/5)
Ai Mai Mi ~Mousou Catastrophe~
26:05 TVS (7/10)
Barakamon
26:20 ntv (7/5)
Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yatte Mita.
26:16 TBS (7/3)
Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus
26:19 MBS (7/10)
Legend: 2 3 3 3 2
2 1 0 2 Not covering

Manga

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
Bleach
Weekly Shounen Jump
Naruto
Weekly Shounen Jump
Legend: 1 1 Not covering

Now that you know what’s airing, it’s time to tell you what we’ll be blogging! This is Random Curiosity’s Summer 2014 blogging schedule.

As always, this is a tentative overview of our plans for the new season. We’ll also be doing introductory posts on many of the shows we’re not covering, so if something catches our eyes, things will be shifted around to accommodate. The schedule will be updated to reflect any changes.

As usual, DO NOT PANIC! We’re still figuring out what shows we we’re going to blog, and there will be a lot of intro posts before we all settle on our picks. Here are just a few of the shows we’re planning to introduce:

And more. That doesn’t mean all of those will get picked up, but they will get intro posts, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few of those added to the schedule.

Plus, we don’t have everyone here yet! In case you haven’t heard, we’re recruiting another blogger, and since the deadline hasn’t arrived yet, we don’t know who he or she will be, much less what they’ll want to blog. We could even see some shifting among shows that have already been claimed. So be prepared for some moving around before all is said and done.

In other writer news, Kairi will be on hiatus for this summer due to personal reasons. But our other (currently) zero-show blogger, Zanibas, will not be taking a break! He’s just being all tsundere for his shows. He’ll get over that eventually.

We’ve also been kicking around a few new features we think you might enjoy, but since nothing is certain yet, I’m just going to leave those as big vague “maybes” for now. Thank you for reading, as always, and let’s all enjoy a fun hikikomori summer of anime together!

Updates:

• 7/5 – Enzo and Zephyr will be coming together to cover the explosive ALDNOAH.ZERO!
  • 7/9 – Do you feel that? That’s the ground shaking. The unthinkable has happened – Divine has returned! He has picked up the addictive volleyball stylings of Haikyuu!!
  • 7/11 – Zanibas has decided to come out of his shell and take up Hanayamata and LOVE STAGE!!. Yuri + Yaoi balances everything out, right?
  • 7/15 – Stilts, with a little help from Zanibas, has decided to pick up the consistently hilarious Dogakobo comedy, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun!
  • 7/16 – With the addition of Passerby, two more shows are getting coverage! Look forward to his posts on Persona 4 The Golden ANIMATION and Hanamonogatari!
  • 7/17 – When Divine returns, he doesn’t do things halfway. He will be blogging Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen!
  • 7/18 – Stilts has picked up the action-packed mutant esper adventure, Tokyo ESP!
  • 7/21 – Cherrie will be blogging the pitch black grimdark action of Akame ga Kill!
  • 7/22 – One of the most popular shows of the season (at least in Japan) is now getting coverage from one of our most popular bloggers – takaii has picked up Barakamon!
June 27, 2014 at 12:25 pm
  • June 27, 2014 at 12:38 pmcshin9

Nice to know someone will be blogging Free, Aldnoah.Zero, Space Dandy, Akame ga Kill!, Ao Haru Ride, and Tokyo ESP. Is anyone covering Hanamonogatari?

• June 27, 2014 at 12:54 pmStilts

Someone will be introing those, yes. As for Hanamonogatari, probably yes, though I’m told it’s all airing at once (like Nekomonogatari Kuro), so that’s more of a OVA/Movie post situation. I would expect it to get coverage, though.

• June 27, 2014 at 12:48 pmColeTrain83

I love you <3 You are covering all the shows I will follow (Tokyo Ghoul, Zankyou no Terror and SAO II). I still need to decide about Tokyo ESP too.

• June 27, 2014 at 1:04 pmIndex

The schedule is looking pretty good thus far with what you plan to cover and what will at the very least be receiving an intro. I have a feeling we might see a couple of those turn into a regular thing. And then we’ve got two writers who’ve yet to even choose and so the summer looks to be a promising one. Next week should be an exciting start.

• June 27, 2014 at 1:08 pmPancakes

Didn’t expect otherwise but still glad you’re covering Fate Kaleid, Stilts.
    It wouldn’t be right to miss out on that concentrated adorableness :P

• June 27, 2014 at 1:25 pmthedarktower

what about the two leftovers Mahouka and Captain Earth? I hope I am not missing any claim for dropping them because HxH does show up on chart…

great pick so far. the sleepers will eventually be chosen as well.
    interesting season in general.

• June 27, 2014 at 1:48 pmStilts

I dropped Mahouka, as I mentioned was going to happen in the last three posts, and I do believe Zephy did the same for Captain Earth. They were left off deliberately.

• June 27, 2014 at 4:45 pmthedarktower

I see. I must’ve missed. well I can understand about these shows’ status. these 2cour are dangerous. you think it’s fine/OK after 3 eps but further on you might discover a few other things…

BTW, in RC main page when I see the post, according to the chart’s legend it seems you’re doing 2 shows but when I enter the page of the post itself it shows you’re doing only 1 (again in the legend). not sure if it’s a bug within my computer/browser, but you might wanna check it out (:

• June 27, 2014 at 1:30 pmmagoiichi

I just hope that all the shows I’m definitely watching doesn’t pull a troll move like Pupa did and have a length of 5-10 mins.

• June 30, 2014 at 11:19 amCassandra

I hope some of the series already favoring don’t pull that either.
      I was favoring Pupa before the season began but then it pull the very short episodes.
      I enjoyed it still afterwards but could never get over the feeling of being downright cheated.

• June 27, 2014 at 1:36 pmUrizithar

The list seems great but besides those mentioned I for one would like to see Rail Wars introduction if it’s possible.

Also I hope Enzo will be back for Mushishi Zoku-Shou: Odoro no Michi which should air on 20th August as a secial. ;p

• June 27, 2014 at 1:49 pmStilts

My crystal ball tells me that RAIL WARS will likely get an intro : )

• June 27, 2014 at 3:41 pmTakaii

Mine does too :|

• June 27, 2014 at 4:33 pmMrRei

crystal balls… (゜。゜)

• June 27, 2014 at 5:04 pmUrizithar

Awesome! I don’t think it will be good enough to cover it weekly but who knows? It should be worth at least one post though.

And you need to consider geting such a ball for everyone in the team. Seems it’s usefull and gives great hints. ;p

• June 27, 2014 at 10:32 pmguardian enzo

My plan would certainly be to blog any Mushishi we get. That would include the August airing of 11 & 12 and the theoretical next cour in October (knock on wood).

• June 27, 2014 at 2:08 pmAndré

Poor tuesday.

• June 27, 2014 at 3:03 pmwhemleh

Hunter x Hunter and an ecchi series? I think you mean AWESOME Tuesday! Quality over quantity at its finest :3

• June 27, 2014 at 2:11 pmWanderer

Well, the one major show I’m looking forward to is getting blogged (like anything could stop Stilts from covering Prisma Illya! ;) ) so I can wait patiently to see what else gets picked up. The only other thing I know I’m going to watch right now is Yama no Susume, and it would be a bit much to require anyone to cover a short slice-of-life series, no matter how enjoyable it is.

I-it’s not like he wants to review these shows or anything, b-baka! ;)

• June 28, 2014 at 6:24 pmZanibas

I-it’s not like I’m actually scared for my life that I’ll get a show I regret blogging any that makes half the people who read it angry…I’m not grateful that you guys understand or anything! *tsun tsun dere dere thismakesmesoundlikeasadperson*

In other news, this is still my favorite set of tsundere comic strips.

• June 29, 2014 at 11:59 pmDS

That was truly amazing. I never expected the twist, lol. I’m seriously lmao at that whole storyline, so funny because it’s true!

• June 27, 2014 at 2:50 pmIndex

Things are looking good so far. I’m eager to see how the intros will affect what else gets covered not to mention both Zanibas and the newest addition to the team.

• June 27, 2014 at 3:18 pmIndex

That moment when you post twice about the same thing.. I should consider going to sleep instead of rewatching Mushishi all night.

• June 27, 2014 at 2:59 pmTerrorhunt

My watch-list target, including shows from spring.

Sunday:
    Target: 3 shows. Most likely: 1 show.

Monday:
    Target: 1. Most likely: 0

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:
    Target: 5. Most likely: 3.

Friday:
    Target: 2. Most likely: 1.

Saturday:
    Target: 7. Most likely: 4-5.

• June 27, 2014 at 3:16 pmwhemleh

I feel like we could start a betting pool on what’s gonna get picked up. I’d put heavy money on ALDNOAH ZERO and Ao Haru Ride to start with..

• June 27, 2014 at 4:23 pmKuntzy

Man, it’s no wonder you guys decided to recruit.

Even if everyone ends up covering 2 shows (obviously not including Kairi) you still won’t be able to cover a few shows that are worth a blog. T.T

Zephyr picking up ALDNOAH is almost a guarantee assuming the first episode impresses though. When you think of which show fits which writer, that’s pretty much the first combination that comes to mind.

I feel pretty bad for Zani. All he wants to do is enjoy the shows he blogs but they keep trolling him.

Also, if someone picks up Akame ga Kill! I seriously hope they haven’t read the manga. I just want to see their reactions to some of the sh*t that goes down in that.

• June 27, 2014 at 4:34 pmZephyr

Dang. And here I was thinking I could go, SURPRISE, HAVE SOME ALDNOAH GAIZ.

• June 28, 2014 at 6:59 amguardian enzo

Many more shows will end up being covered, don’t worry. Some by writers you expect, and…

• June 27, 2014 at 4:43 pmstarss

I hope one of you winds up blogging Free!!

IhopeIhopeihopeihope.

• June 27, 2014 at 5:01 pmTheMoondoggie

As usual, temporary list right?

• June 27, 2014 at 6:53 pmStilts

Yup. That’s what it says in the paragraphs below the schedule. Multiple times. Like every season.

• June 27, 2014 at 5:22 pmElsa

Yay, Glasslip and Sailor Moon are being covered! Though, those were the two top shows I wanted to blog if I got picked. Shucks. At least it looks like Ao Haru Ride might be available…

• June 27, 2014 at 7:15 pmdivinelite

Hope you eventually cover Akame ga Kill.

Now it’s time to delete the manga which I haven’t read much because this series is really great and I hope this is more interesting as anime

Himegoto won’t be covered I see, well as a yonkoma like that maybe it’s kinda hard what to cover anyway. That being my main comedy this season

• June 27, 2014 at 9:10 pmNoZaku

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• June 27, 2014 at 11:58 pmIndex

Or… And this might just be a shot in the dark but perhaps all it takes is someone who enjoys a good slice of life centered around an interesting sport and the friendships/rivalries that can stem from it?

• July 2, 2014 at 6:20 amZirthiel

good slice of life

It’s so boring that I would never call it a good slice of life anime. But each to it’s own.

• June 28, 2014 at 12:06 amDualash

Might want to rethink that since its both offensive and extremely rude. I think Free! is an okay show that ,although is more about the relations with the characters than the sport, is still entertaining. Plus, its close-minded to think that way since others enjoy the show while you may not so you should show more courtesy before making those kind of comments.

• June 28, 2014 at 12:25 amPancakes

Meh can’t be denied that Free! is targeted towards the female audience; it’s the softcore BL version of the subtle yuri lines that often feature in many shows.

Regardless, however, there is no need for rude comments. Let those who like the show enjoy it; use that time otherwise spent complaining watching and discussing something you like instead.

• June 28, 2014 at 12:49 amIndex

Granted I can’t necessarily disagree with your statement as a sizable portion of Free! does focus on the male cast casually stripping down and revealing sculpted bodies –that would give Michelangelo’s David a run for his money– and jumping in the pool, I do think that the show should be considered more than softcore BL as it has a great deal more to offer. First and foremost, Free! is a show that is highly dependent on the characters, not merely for their bodies but for the bonds that they have with one another. The atmosphere of the show is generally a fun one that encompasses a story that caries with it a fair bit of depth, you wouldn’t expect at first glance. The show really begins to come into its own and be more than just perfect teenage bodies in large bodies of water and I’m looking forward to seeing how the next season can expand on it.

• June 28, 2014 at 12:51 amStilts

Really? Two actual yaoi shows are airing and it’s still Free that gets comments like this? Yeesh.

Also, don’t be a dick.

• June 28, 2014 at 1:18 amUrizithar

Even if it’s true and honestly I can see where it’s coming from you shouldn’t write it in such a rude and disrespective way. In the end exactly the same could be said about ecchi/harem shows and tons of other shows you are probably watching.

• June 27, 2014 at 11:55 pmFlower

Interesting to see that no one has committed to Barakamon or Hanayamata, but I am glad that Sailor Moon Crystal and Glasslip were both committed to.

These are the main ones I have shown the most interest in next season, but there are a fair number of series I am curious about to, and happily some of these are also getting attention here and elsewhere as well. ^^

• June 28, 2014 at 12:03 amZanibas

I am definitely intro’ing Hanayamata, especially after they FINALLY released their first PV days after we released the preview. I’m curious to see how another Madhouse x Atsuko partnership will pan out.

• June 28, 2014 at 12:12 amFlower

Well, that is good news, at least. Not sure if you (or anyone else for that matter) would be interested, but reading up on yosokoi dance and watching some performances thereof on YT was pretty intriguing as regards background material for what the series will be focusing on. There are three chs. of the manga in English atm, but they will prollyget covered in ep 1.

• June 28, 2014 at 12:43 amFlower

Yosakoi, with an “a”. Sorry for the misspell.

• June 28, 2014 at 1:19 amewok40k

why do have the thursdays to be so overloaded with best shows?

• June 28, 2014 at 4:02 amAmiluhur

Kinda disappointed that no one has yet to pick up Kuroshitsuji and Aldnoah Zero. I can understand the former given how godawful its 2nd season turned out to be, But not covering stuff written by Urobuchi is a serious crime. Please give it some consideration.

• June 28, 2014 at 4:26 amIndex

Nothing is really set in stone. As mentioned above, the schedule is really tentative thus far and so any number of shows still hold the possibility of getting picked up. Don’t fret over it.

• June 28, 2014 at 4:21 amcruiser2710

Will more shows get blogged?

There were couple of good shows this outgoing season which could’ve been blogged

• June 28, 2014 at 7:10 amWanderer

As always, please read the paragraphs underneath the schedule the answe this question. It’s practically guaranteed that they will pick up some other shows, they just haven’t locked down which other shows yet.

That said, there are only so many shows they can reasonably cover, so there will always be some ones that people would have liked to see covered that end up with no one available for them.

• June 28, 2014 at 9:33 amCherrie

Clearly the post was tl;dr =P
      Short answer: Yes.

• June 28, 2014 at 2:07 pmShanHaxx

I have no idea how to phrase this without being condescending, so to be blunt, I think Zanibas should be allowed to blog Glasslip. When one takes Progressive Animation Works outstanding track record into consideration, particularly with complicated romance animé with love dodecahedrons, it is outright obvious that Glasslip is the anime that has the least chance of failing this season, and thereby being the least likely to troll Zanibas. But I suspect there’s more to it than can be seen from an outsider’s perspective, but I’m just a passing busybody who wishes well for the RandomC community in general, especially for the cheery writers who invest so much of their free time into blogging. This has the effect of beneficially exposing people to a wide ranged positive schools of thoughts, which may be very similar or different from your own, and I emphasise positive, because too many communities these days are downright nasty, and can only see the negative side to any anime they watch. RandomC at least offer some kind of constructive criticism, as opposed to ‘Free is gay’ and ‘Shounen Jump is shit’.

• June 28, 2014 at 3:24 pmStilts

“Allowed”? You’re acting like we callously said “No Zanibas, you may not blog Glasslip! Also, go sit in the corner and cry. Your pain is hilarious!!!”

We don’t work like that. I don’t usually reveal much about how we disburse shows, but I’ll tell you that Glasslip wasn’t one of Zani’s top picks, whereas it was for three other writers, takaii among them.

If you want to blame anyone for Zani not getting to blog Glasslip, you’re going to need to take it up with Zani.

• June 28, 2014 at 5:46 pmGuardian Enzo

BTW, Stilts, I see I got Ghoul so I assume that means the check arrived?

• June 28, 2014 at 6:17 pmStilts

Yes, but I’m still waiting for the three cases of beer and the hook–

I MEAN WHAT HI NOTHING GOING ON HERE ^________^

• June 29, 2014 at 2:48 amShanHaxx

To be quite fair, I never intended to blame anyone for anything, and even mentioned maybe there was more to it than the outsider’s point of view. Not many people really understand the dynamic of the relationships between writers on RandomC outside of podcasts, though I guess that’s a reason for me to apologise for butting in when I don’t really understand anything.

• June 28, 2014 at 6:10 pmZanibas

Thank you for the concern, it makes me feel glad that people sympathize with my trolled pain. :)

I didn’t choose Glasslip mainly because I don’t have a particular affinity for P.A. Works, strangely enough. Before the fans of the studio shoot me though, I love the animation, but most of the stories don’t set a fire in my heart. They theoretically should–I want to love them and their focus on characters than story, but ever since I felt myself going against the current for Angel Beats and Hanasaku Iroha, it’s been a complicated relationship between me and the studio. I can’t really say anything bad about them as a company specifically with the exception of Angel Beats–they are a good company that should be supported.

Ironically enough, I’m saying this even though I did blog a P.A. Works show in the past (one I enjoyed blogging quite much), but Uchouten Kazoku is enough removed from their other shows that it’s not really representative of their usual style, both in art and storytelling.

I will watch Glasslip this season though–if it really gets me hyped up, I might ask Takaii if I can steal it from him through battle of knife fight :3.

• June 29, 2014 at 1:55 amGuardian Enzo

Zani, you’re a bit tsundere towards P.A. Works…

• June 29, 2014 at 5:14 amHigure

After the last chapther of Akame (for those who follow the manga)… Guys, I’ll be really sad if it won’t get coreved. DDD:

• June 29, 2014 at 7:21 pmmegalith

I don’t know what to watch this season. Not particularly looking forward to anything.

Last season was already a beast. I just wish Summer would skip and just head to Fall season. That season is so stacked already.

• June 30, 2014 at 11:15 amCassandra

Yay! I will be sure to stop by to check out reviews for Free! Eternal Summer and Tokyo ESP.
    I might be busy blogging myself on some anime series this season but will, of course, come to see some reviews here on RandomC.

Been reading the blog since 2007 and not stopping now.

• June 30, 2014 at 5:03 pmcenedraa8

Sailor Moon! Can’t wait. (I’m re-watching all the eps for some reason)

• July 4, 2014 at 7:05 amStopFooling

For some reason I want to watch again my childhood Anime . HAHAHHA

• July 10, 2014 at 2:42 pmboingman

Great, to see Divine’s name in the legend. :)

• July 15, 2014 at 7:38 amSherylfan

Haikyuu!! is one of the better shows that gets no love, figures it takes divine to come back to get coverage.

• July 22, 2014 at 1:40 amTassadar

Whoah, blogging schedule is filling up! Awesome!

• September 4, 2014 at 6:25 pmAnime

Different from summer last year, I feel a lot of funny anime in this season.