Bleach 678 – Transform »« Bleach 676 – Gran Rey Cero

Bleach 677 – Ban… kai!

They finally clash swords.

Juha Talks Some More:

These past few chapters have been fairly simple, but a whole lot of fun. And this one is no exception. Even though the content this time is either Juha rambling on or him and Ichigo clashing swords, it still made for a fun read. Kubo has a bad habit of turning his villains into rambling lunatics before they eventually get cut down, but there does seem to be some coherency and confidence in Juha’s words, though once you pair that with his ridiculous many-eyes form it does make him seem a little less human than we’re used to. At the very least the dialogue this week clarified how exactly Juha can see the future, and it turns out he sees many version of what could happen as if they’re all grains of sand. It’s interesting that there’s not a linear measure of time here, but rather several version of events that could unfold. Like Ichigo, I just wonder what the big flaw in this overpowered ability is.

Juha finally going all out.

Ichigo’s Bankai:

Speaking of Ichigo, he was pretty cool this week. He’s remaining level-headed even with Juha using not one but two swords against him, all while spouting out his supervillain speech. I liked that he was able to remain determined until the final page when he released his bankai, which is a pretty exciting place to leave us waiting. We’ve seen Ichigo use bankai so many times over the course of the series, but we have no idea what his new form will be and what new abilities it will have (if any). Considering he’s still got his hollow horn and is now using his quincy blade to fight we could be in for some blend of all three abilities, which would be very cool. In my head Ichigo’s bankai will look similar to his final Getsuga Tenshou form, with bandages around his body and his hair longer and black, but with Kubo anything is possible.

Now you feel like number one…

Overview – What’s Next?:

Another simple battle chapter. Juha keeps on rambling, but spills some useful information in doing so. Ichigo going bankai at the end is a big tease, but I’m sure everyone is at least a little curious to find out what his new final form looks like. I know I sure am, but I’m a self-confessed Bleach fan, and we’re reaching the final stages of this arc, so pretty much everything at this point has me excited.

June 10, 2016 at 4:31 am
  • June 10, 2016 at 4:57 amSpacyRicochet

I imagine the big flaw being that there are always possibilities where he doesn’t win. He’s confident in his ability to cut off the path to those by restricting Ichigo’s choices. But I bet there are a couple of routes that have a very low probability that will be taken anyway.

• June 10, 2016 at 5:00 amdean

So Ichigo’s using Bankai before Yhwach even began to transform. Unless Yhwach wants to lose, Ichigo’s not going to win this one.

• June 10, 2016 at 7:48 amAeous

Inb4 Bankai into Resurreccion into Vollstandig

• June 10, 2016 at 7:56 amWorldwidedepp

Hollow mask (with two horns?)
      Black Suit of the Shinigamis
      Harden Body Quincy trick
      Iron Will for fighting = Human

and if he is behind hope to turn back (Claire after the Lion fight), then there are still this Daddy’s

• June 10, 2016 at 11:54 amLyfe

So is this the “final” final battle for Ichigo? I mean, if he loses, couldn’t he just reflect on the loss, get stronger and face him again?

• June 10, 2016 at 1:23 pmdean

That’s probably what’s imo gonna happen. Ichigo will loose and Isshin will save him. Ichigo and his friends and whomelse Kubo deems important enough will escape while Isshin stalls Yhwach, dying in the process and using Bankai and FGT. Ichigo will then use the remaining seven/days days to train and stop Yhwach during the invasion of the world of the living.

• June 10, 2016 at 2:30 pmLyfe

I think you’re right. It would be a great bit of character development to throw Ichigo into despair, only to rebuild him stronger and ready for the actual final battle.

• June 10, 2016 at 2:38 pmWorldwidedepp

Perhaps, then we have the 2nd important fight with our Ichigo’s Quincy friend. Also Chad still do not shine…is he Missing in Action? :)

i want to see Chad’s Armor and perhaps the reason behind it

• June 10, 2016 at 5:16 amxxvan

Ichigo kicking despair in the teeth once again and overcoming it as he activates his new bankai. I imagine its probably something like True Tensa Zangetsu since he is wielding his true Zangetsu so I would imagine his bankai wouldn’t be that different.

Knowing Kubo tho, next chapter will cut away from Ichigo and return to the fight againts Gerald or Rukia and Renji arriving to help Ganju and Sado. So maybe we wont see the bankai next week.

• June 10, 2016 at 6:07 amDanpmss

Ichigo is in a huge pinch right now.

I’m tempted to quote Star Driver after so many years.

• June 10, 2016 at 6:16 amYusunoha

I’m a bit confused at the moment… in the previous chapters Ichigo explained that his powers need to be balanced for him to become as strong as he is now, so both shinigami and quincy powers need to be balanced, see it as yin and yang, but Bankai which he’s using now is a shinigami power, so he’s boosting his shinigami powers. so won’t this create an unbalance in his overall power?

sure, I’m psyched that Ichigo is using Bankai, but I also really want to see Ichigo step up his quincy power aswell.

• June 10, 2016 at 6:24 amdean

Ichigo’s Hollow powers are his Shinigami. That Ichigo could transform was proof that the balance shifted towards one side. Technically Ichigo would be able to shift the balance towards the other side, but he has yet to actually master doing that. Ichigo didn’t have much oportunity to learn to use his Quincy powers very well, which is also why I think he won’t defeat Yhwach right now.

Ichigo is probably going to use most of the remaining seven days to proper learn how to use his Quincy powers, and maybe how to utilize those special Quincy powers and fight Yhwach on the final ninth day, when he tries to reclaim the world and invade the world of the living. Ryuken, Uryuu, Ginjou and depending on the circumstances Haschwalth could all teach Ichigo in the Quincy ways.

• June 10, 2016 at 7:38 amWorldwidedepp

See Ichigo now as Claire from Claymore, and you get the gist. Claire can “banaki” where the other part of her body fight against the awaken parts, to stay in control

If one of Ichigo’s powers goes 60-80%, then the other ones build an “Water damm” of the remain balance, to prevent this power leaking all over his mind/body

thats my conclusion

Compare Ichigo with Claire of Claymore or the ex-nr.2 that teach Claire this technique (the Elf ears nr.2)

• June 10, 2016 at 7:41 amWorldwidedepp

Like i said it in reddit

The one that has the Key to Victory in this battle, is Orihime. Just remember what her powers are. She can use it, to let someone jump back in the timeline, to choose the other grain of sand. Something like “Prince of Persia”

• June 11, 2016 at 6:31 amNarvi

Her power is not jumping back in time. It was denying whatever happened an object or something like that, I believe.

• June 10, 2016 at 9:59 amYanDaMan

Juha: I can see the future and every thing you will do Ichigo.
    Ichigo: Bankai!
    Juha: Predictabo.

• June 10, 2016 at 10:27 amWorldwidedepp

not quite correct. Ah you took alternate way B. As he said, he can see all possibilites of the future

• June 10, 2016 at 1:59 pmCrook

I think the joke went over your head

• June 10, 2016 at 11:24 amspikerman87

Ugggh. Oh my gawd. He can see Hypertime. I called it, and it’s gonna be bull crap.

How the hell can Ichigo win this? He can’t. Ever.

If Juha Bach can see the infinite number of possible futures which are not countable, like infinite googolplex times infinite googolplex on repeat, all he has to do is make the choices that give him the most advantages and Ichigo the least number of advantages. For the people here on planet Earth. Ichigo cannot win this fight. But in Bleach world, and Kubo world, I guess he’ll win even though the chances of that are….there’s not even a word….there’s not a word that exists that describes how screwed Ichigo is.

The only way, and I mean the only only way Ichigo could win is if somehow he can manage to hit Juha Bach to turn that power off or to steal that power from him. He can’t “Win” against that ability, I don’t care who he is or what show this is, no character can.

• June 10, 2016 at 2:41 pmWorldwidedepp

This possibilities of different futures, are all fixe timelines, just countless paths. What if someone can jump back on these timelines, or jump between them?

• June 10, 2016 at 3:30 pmspikerman87

Someone? Are you referring to Inoue? I don’t think she can do that, or Ichigo. The only one I know who can do any time alteration is Tsukishima, but he can only insert “himself” into his target’s past.

So for fun, if Inoue can somehow use her rejection powers to pick the right timeline, Juah Bach would be able to “foresee” that future, so he wouldn’t let it happen, or he’d make a decision that changes the branch in his favor.

That’s what I’m saying. He can foresee every possibility, and if he can do that he can then make a decision to counter Ichigo or Inoue’s decision that prevents Ichigo from winning. So he can always pick the branch that give him the victory in the end.

• June 12, 2016 at 7:18 amKarma

Following that logic, both Inoue and Ichigo could still move towards a future more favourable for them. As the possibilities are endless.

• June 10, 2016 at 6:16 pmMikazuki

Do you think Vizards can achieve a similar form if they find balance between hollow and shinigami powers?

• June 12, 2016 at 7:19 amKarma

Doesn’t their mask represent that? As they have access to both powers.

• June 12, 2016 at 3:15 pmMikazuki

they can only use hollow powers for a few minutes with a mask … I meant a new form like ichigo’s

• June 10, 2016 at 9:48 pmrandom viewer

Maybe his final form would look more Quicy-like (as in shining with a reiatsu cape?) than Hollow/Shinigami.

• June 11, 2016 at 4:11 amWorldwidedepp

I do not know, but Ichigo’s Shinigami Sword are bigger then his Quincy 2nd Sword

• June 14, 2016 at 2:46 ambonehunters

Juha’s power is kinda similar to a Mistborn while burning atium.

• June 15, 2016 at 6:57 pmyeee boi

“That window has just been slammed shut”… is that the best the translators can come up with? Honestly, they need to take a Japanese translation class.