Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon – 07 »« Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon – 05

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon – 06

「お宅訪問!(してないお宅もあります)」 (Otaku Houmon! (Shitenai Otakumo Arimasu))
“Home Visit! (And Homes Not Visited)”

This episode was a healthy dose of aww with just a splash of aw.

Saikawa and Georgie

I never thought I’d say this, but I don’t think I could ever get tired of Saikawa’s “I Love Kanna” face. And even though we’ve seen it a bunch of times now, there’s still something about it that just makes me want more. That said, things got awfully steamy with Kanna and Saikawa this week. With the former kabedoning the latter on the floor with the same amount of passion Kobayashi has for maids, I don’t know what we’d have done if Kanna got the chance to do whatever she was planning on doing.

Also, rest in peace Tooru for getting caught in-between Kobayashi and Georgie fangirling together. Because if you thought Takiya was bad, I’m willing to bet Georgie was probably three times as worse.

Shouta — Get It?

Boy, how blessed of a life can you live? With parents who can use magic and create anything they want plus the added benefit of being able to use magic, it really feels like Shouta couldn’t really ask for more. Toss in the fact he has Lucoa as a “familiar” (I’m using that term lightly) and you could say he’s living every young boy’s dream. It’s a shame that he can’t really enjoy all the benefits that life has given him, but then again I doubt it’d be as fun to watch Shouta take advantage of the situation instead of being the one taken advantage of. Then again, just like Kobayashi said, it is nice to see Lucoa get tripped up every now and then.

Now, if you were to ask me what I was most curious about though, my answer would be just why in the world does Shouta’s dad need to own a programming company? Especially if he’s capable of creating vast riches using something as basic as alchemy (who says that equivalent exchange exists in this world?)?!

Takiya and Fafnir

After weeks of showing up for a few minutes at most, I’m glad to see Fafnir (and by transitive property Takiya) get some well deserved screen time and character development. And instead of being a cursed dragon that’s completely focused on the destruction of all humans, it’s cool to see him also growing in his own way. Because as much as I’d like to believe he’d have a huge paradigm shift like Tooru, I think we all know he’ll probably stay true to his rather edgy ways. Luckily, he has someone as awesome as Takiya to work around his needs and it looks like that just might be enough to chop at the edges of Fafnir’s tough exterior.

Looking Ahead

With another great episode behind us, it looks like we’re about to get the ever-so-popular beach episode. Something that I have no absolutely no qualms with! So until then stay safe and stock up on some extra blood to refill after too many nose bleeds. See you then!

February 15, 2017 at 9:43 pm
  • February 15, 2017 at 10:23 pmsouma

“who says that equivalent exchange exists in this world??!” well nope our world, if souta’s dad keep spamming alchemy and making too much gold without good enough job as a cover, he will have a hell of problem when exchange it to cash money…

• February 16, 2017 at 11:56 pmTakaii

Two Simple Words — Launder It.

• February 21, 2017 at 12:02 pmbalbonits

Wouldn’t laundering require a shell company or some sort of way to create false transactions when he needs to create money without triggering the authorities? I think it makes sense that he has one, especially if he wants to hide his wealth from the world.

• February 15, 2017 at 10:44 pmOne Pinch Man

• February 15, 2017 at 11:02 pmTarage

As it turns out, Cool Kyoushinja is a big fan of shoutas on big women and oppailolis. You should see some of the stuff he’s drawn…

• February 16, 2017 at 6:11 amTrap Master

Death by Snu Snu.

Man, how I’d do anything to be in Shouta’s position there. :( Shouta’s living the life right now.

• February 21, 2017 at 12:04 pmbalbonits

“It’s like dying of thirst while watching another man drown.”
        – Krillin in DBZ Abridged (Season 3)

• February 16, 2017 at 8:43 amstarss

… this may be the first time in the show we get some kind of real magic/magical science apart from the dragons. We get this kid who lives with a family that uses alchemy as real as in FMA, and it’s pretty much glanced over!

• February 16, 2017 at 11:55 pmTakaii

Goes to show you what this show REALLY cares about — メイドたち

• February 16, 2017 at 5:05 pmWok

Certain doujinshi? Rather it’s direct call back to one of Author’s other manga

• February 17, 2017 at 3:45 amPhonos

What is this doujinshi everyone is constantly alluding to?

• February 17, 2017 at 12:53 pmWok

Not sure about said doujinshi, but there another manga by same author, which also centers around relationship of shota and busty lady, and which reaches borderline hentai level in terms of explicitness.

• February 15, 2017 at 10:49 pmNoz

I imagine Shouta’s dad having a programming company is parallel with our dragons enjoying what they’re doing, which (in my opinion) reflects who they are: Tohru enjoys interacting and being with Kobayashi despite a history with bad human interactions; Kanna enjoys school and the camaraderie elementary schoolers exhibit despite being a prankster (and possibly ostracized by other dragons?); Fafnir enjoys videogames and exploring “a different world” despite originally being a recluse.

Shouta’s dad, while he can create practically anything physical with alchemy, probably found pleasure in having things come to life via coding. Someone figured out a way to create anything (technically) without being a mage–wouldn’t that be extremely interesting to such a person?

• February 17, 2017 at 2:10 pmTakaii

That’s actually a really interesting way of looking at things!

I can get behind it.

• February 15, 2017 at 10:59 pmTarage

Ame ame ame!

Also Kanna don’t eat the snail.

• February 17, 2017 at 3:44 amPhonos

• February 17, 2017 at 2:10 pmTakaii

She’s so freaking adorable.

• February 22, 2017 at 12:45 pmstarss

Woah I saw a coloring error!! In one frame, her front sleeve trim is colored pink instead of white!

KyoAni! >: Tsk!

• February 15, 2017 at 11:45 pmdaikama

Fun Episode. Enjoyed it. :D

Things definitely got steamy with Kanna and Saikawa, and yeah, uh, definitely crossing over into something else if Kanna wasn’t interrupted. Though the interruption was done for obvious reasons, just Tooru being overwhelmed by two maid otakus was funny (IMO). Given how hax/op Tooru is, I do get a kick out of scenes where she gets overwhelmed by some silly-fun situation.

The teru teru bōzu were very cute! Liked that.

Poor Shota-kun. No, I do not feel sorry for you kid, but a few years from now I bet you look back on this situation much differently. ;) But if Lucoa is… uh… too “dangerous” for you (yeah, let’s go with that), I’ll be happy take her in. XD No, wait. She definitely is too dangerous for you! I’ll be right over to pick her up. Uh, yeah that’s it! Totally altruistic. You can thank me for watching out for your well-being.

Aaaaanyway, interesting to note that it’s not just the dragons coming to “RL” from fantasy RPG world. Shota-kun may talk about his family going back to RPG world, but I wonder about that. They seem to be pretty comfy & well integrated with the “RL” world. If they do go back, I bet a week or two without just the internet and they’ll start having doubts.

“[W]hy in the world does Shouta’s dad need to own a programming company? Especially if he’s capable of creating vast riches using something as basic as alchemy”

To add to souma’s post above, if you consider today’s world, it’s not such the simple solution to *poof* gold (alchemy). If this was RPG world (of course) or even say 1850 California during the gold rush, then you could sell a big bag of gold without raising too many questions. Today, have to think selling pounds/kilograms of gold (or a shopping bag full of diamonds) is going to raise a lot questions. It’s not something people normally have = suspicious. I guess you could sell it black market, but issues with that. If not, then need some sort of story – own a gold (or diamond mine, etc.) which has its own complications. Not suggesting *poof* gold isn’t viable, but that it’s not quite as simple/easy as it may first appear.

Another thing to consider is that running a programing/computer company might be quite fascinating for someone coming from RPG world. Dude may just enjoy what he’s doing, and at the same time can make a bunch of money while perfectly fitting into “RL” society. Of course starting/running a successful business isn’t easy either, but IMO it’s a reasonable alternative to the alchemy route. Frankly, I thought the fact that he runs the same company where Kobayashi works was perhaps a bit too “small world” plot convenient.

Takiya and Fafnir

This might have been my favorite part of the episode. Rather than just keep Fafnir as grumpy, “kill all humans” comedy relief dragon, the series takes the time to develop him. Always good to develop characters, but for Fafnir there’s a bit more to it. Tooru’s all about Kobayashi, Kanna’s pretty laid back & opened minded, and Lucoa just wants to hang out and have some fun. But for Fafnir, adjusting to this world isn’t going to be easy. Fortunately Takiya is just the right game otaku nice guy to help Fafnir along. Liked the bit about humans being “hit or miss” for Fafnir, and the “miss” being easier to deal with because that relationship is simply one of enemies. For the “hits”, that type of relationship is more lengthy and complex – something Fafnir is not used to doing.

Next up is another favorite chapter of mine – “Comic-Con”. OK fine, maybe two chapters. XD. Got a laugh out of the end card’s honesty (“The Fanservice Episode”). At least the show’s being upfront about it. ^^

• February 17, 2017 at 2:11 pmTakaii

Fafnir is such a good character — hnnnnnnnng

• February 16, 2017 at 12:06 amGinobi47

• February 17, 2017 at 2:11 pmTakaii

That’s the face I make when someone offers me cake

• February 16, 2017 at 12:46 amLonghaul

The shmup Takiya was working on reminded me of DoDonPachi.

• February 16, 2017 at 1:20 amWorldwidedepp

could it be thats Georgie VA is a new one? Her voice was kind of forced, not so natural like the other ones. I mean, she did a good job. But you can not deny that there was a difference

• February 16, 2017 at 2:00 amZannafar

Georgie is voiced by Gotou Yuuko, best known for her role as Asahina Mikuru in Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu.

• February 16, 2017 at 1:35 amWorldwidedepp

• February 16, 2017 at 2:12 amWorldwidedepp

i had done some research about her real name, and the real person behind it. It is true, he was once an Human, and this Drunk accident was the reason he left and then become an God (many sources say he become the Venus)

But the reason that made him drunk.. how should i write it.. Hide all Mirrors, and do not play the “you are an ugly mortal” card

• February 16, 2017 at 6:48 amPhillipbaxton

You people are sick he’s a little boy getting molested and you think he’s “lucky”? If their genders were reversed it would be a whole different story. It’s sad that pedophilia is accepted if the woman has big tits. Smh

• February 16, 2017 at 7:21 amLonghaul

Welcome to Gender/Sex differences 101, most guys would be okay with being in his position.

• February 16, 2017 at 2:11 pmpuppygod

Well, if you can’t handle it, don’t summon it, as the rule goes. He can only blame himself.

Also, I’m pretty sure that legal concepts like definition of molestation or age of consent aren’t exactly applicable to immortal shapeshifting ex-gods with magical powers. I mean, feel free to tell her she can’t do that.

• February 16, 2017 at 3:50 pmLonghaul

We are getting ahead of ourselves considering there was no molestation in the first place.

• February 16, 2017 at 3:56 pmGars

Molested? Except for Lucoa’s offer of her body none of her actions involve deliberate sexual contact, let alone sexual contact intended to give her pleasure. And the offer of her body is a last resort, not her first choice.

Does her actions cause Shouta-kun distress? Certainly but they are not driven by sexual lust or wanting to take advantage of him. When Lucoa oversteps the bounds it is because her lack of understanding current social mores.

• February 17, 2017 at 2:18 amWorldwidedepp

i am not sick, but if this continue with her “urgent” to trow her Body at him, they should not wonder if he turns out to be an Yaoi lover

• February 17, 2017 at 2:13 pmTakaii

While I wouldn’t use such a strong word to describe Shouta and Lucoa’s relationship, there’s no denying that Lucoa is obviously utilizing certain characteristics of herself to a great degree.

That said, I doubt she’d actually do anything to Shouta. It’s pretty obvious she thinks he’s just cute and all

• February 16, 2017 at 7:38 amZhinvu

Shouta’s hat, cape, and hair color reminds me of Nagato Yuki. And since this is a KyoAni show I have a feeling that wasn’t a coincidence.

• February 17, 2017 at 3:40 amPhonos

Well, it’s a pretty generic wizard/witch costume so you are probably grasping at straws with a Yuki comparison. And that scene is pretty closely replicated from the manga.

• February 16, 2017 at 8:39 amstarss

Holy shoot I NEED to crank the volume up all the way when the opening starts! KyoAni’s openings are just unskippable.

And we immediately start with Kanna. I wonder if they want me to WATCH each episode given how I die of a heart attack anytime Kanna moves.

• February 17, 2017 at 5:16 pmjcoe

CHU CHU YEAH!

Even the fhana music video is so much fun to watch!

• February 16, 2017 at 9:49 amHanover Fist

I absolutely love how Takiya and Fafnir compete for who does the dishes: “I will win next time” “Bring it!” XD

• February 16, 2017 at 10:46 amHalfDemonInuyasha

• February 17, 2017 at 2:14 pmTakaii

Apparently if you draw a circle and offer up human-related things, something big will happen.

• February 16, 2017 at 5:57 pmGroza

This episode was creepy as fuck. If the rest of the series is going to be like this then I’m dropping it.

• February 17, 2017 at 1:19 amTitanAnteus

They got most of the polarizing themes done with this episode imho. There’s only going to be one more of such an instance and it’ll probably be the last episode or second to last.

• February 17, 2017 at 2:15 pmTakaii

Oh boy, good luck.

If we get there, there’s another character who’ll probably scare off even more watchers.

• February 17, 2017 at 3:25 ammac65

What I like about this series is that is has something to say, and it’s
    direct when it needs to be, but it’s not to shock its viewers. It doesn’t
    try to “win us over” to its way of thinking with Takiya and Fafnir, it just
    show the facts of their friendship.

And I really like that non-apologetic approach. It’s really tough (as a
    person) to accept what happens between two people (okay Fafnir is
    a non-human) when it’s outside of your comfort zone, and I think the
    episode was really about showing examples of that dynamic between
    all of its characters. But not too serious, good humanish (people are
    people) humour accents the underlying story’s principle.

I didn’t expect the series to cover this territory – I like it.

• February 17, 2017 at 3:48 pmCroos

I wonder what Kanna was going to do.

Last part near the window scene, Kana was trying to say something?
    It was censored. I wonder what she was trying to say?

I wanted to …..

• February 17, 2017 at 5:10 pmjcoe

Apparently this was from the manga:

Spoilers? Show Spoiler ▼

It seems that the manga is raunchier than the anime. This episode had a lot of moments of that, but it feels like KyoAni toned it down a bit.

• February 17, 2017 at 6:23 pmjcoe

There’s also this piece TLnotes did for this episode possibly explaining what Kanna was mouthing.

She seems to have been mouthing “nameaiko 舐め合いこ,” i.e. the licking each other thing she used to do with Tohru, if you recall from episode three.

It’s a rather long post explaining a lot of references and cultural meanings spread throughout the episode. Things may not be as lewd as we think, probably.

• February 18, 2017 at 3:01 amWorldwidedepp

Well, for Kanna this would not be something special. But for the girl under her her wet dreams come true… :)

Culture differences… being a Dragon is like from an other Culture

• February 18, 2017 at 6:01 amNamaewoinai

• February 22, 2017 at 11:05 amWorldwidedepp

Ep 07:

She really like to put her weight in the name of “venus” :)

As i said, to much and this Boy turn to the Yaoi side :) But of course, it is the manga-ka and Directors decision (but save for TV)

hehe, the beach episode was fun :)

Also, wise coise of her, to stay in her Human form.. i was afraid she would turn in her bigger part…

uff. i think thats enough, or i spoil it

You like this anime? go watch it, you get your fun… especial for the little dragon fans :)