« Demi-chan wa Kataritai – 12 (END)

Demi-chan wa Kataritai – 13

「亜陣ちゃんの夏真澄」 (Demi-Chan no Natsuyasumi)
“Demi-Chan’s Summer Vacation”

Well that was an unexpected surprise! Also, did you know Yuki-onna’s don’t get brain freezes?

General Impressions

For a surprise and unexpected OVA like episode, I gotta say that episode 13 of Demi-Chan was pretty freaking awesome. Not only did we get a rare opportunity to dive back into a world that I thought was closed off for good, but we got every single thing that made the series so fun jammed into a single episode. Something that I thought was plausible, but never thought possible.

Starting off with the obvious, god was it nice to see Satou-sensei or what? As the resident succubus who has a raging crush on Takahashi-sensei, I loved how we got a (imaginary) taste of what things could be like if she could overcome her shy nature and just hook up with the guy. They already look super cute doing regular, everyday things together and I think if we’re talking about the most logical pairing, who wouldn’t get behind SatouxTakahashi? And sure, even though we had our typical “Satou-sensei ends up doing strange things to avoid abusing her powers“, I loved how she still mustered the courage to get some direct contact in with Takahashi-sensei.

Moving on to our main trio, I never realized how much I missed Hikari, Machi, and Yuuki until I realized just how empty my life was without them. The three are such a great group of friends that manage to hit every good point on the character spectrum that it’s almost amazing I didn’t notice this earlier. Specifically in this episode though, it was cool to see Yuuki get some time to actually show off just how freaking cool she is. I don’t know about you, but I’m quite envious whenever I see someone skilled at “carnival” type games (I’m a pro at UFOcatchers because of this unfortunate aliment) and watching Yuuki put that cocky water balloon stall guy in his place felt so good. Don’t get me wrong though, there were a ton of fantastic Hikari moments (I think we hit the full range of her facial expressions) as well as a handful of cute Machi scenes but I think I’ve already talked more than enough about those during the show’s original fun.

What was a little unexpected though was getting to see all the side characters make a meaningful appearance. Between Himari hanging out with Shizuka and Atsumi and Yusuke still trying to make a move on anyone, it was refreshing to know that the story cares enough about its side characters to bring them back for a bonus episode.

Overall, a great episode for a great show that deserves a lot more episodes than it currently has. While it remains to be seen whether or not our screens will be graced with a second season of Demi-chan, things like this help keep the dream alive. Oh that and the introduction of a new Demi who is completely invisible helped too.

In any case, I’ll catch you guys later once the shows for Summer start rolling out. See you then!

June 30, 2017 at 12:46 am
  • June 30, 2017 at 12:58 amSABERKK

Omg….When I saw this released, this was like a dream come true. We definitely need more of Demi chan.
    Fingers crossed for a second season.

• June 30, 2017 at 4:46 amGinobi47

• June 30, 2017 at 6:25 amAex

And as per awesome usual, Takahashi-sensei has a solid steel spine! A lesser man never would’ve survived half of what he’s pulled off.

• June 30, 2017 at 5:02 amJohnPeacekeeper

Yes! Moar coming iiiiiiin!

I get the feeling the only reason they haven’t thrown in a Demi-boy is because he’d get shipped hard with at least half the cast (or despised for being the one dude), kinda like Jaune Arc from RWBY

• June 30, 2017 at 5:44 amAngelus

A whole new genre of fanservice – naked invisible girls. Wow, just look at those seat impressions. Erotic and yet SFW at the same time!

• June 30, 2017 at 6:20 amAex

Glad I wasn’t the only one strangely aroused by that… Negative space is ero!! XD

• June 30, 2017 at 7:00 amAngelus

Negative space? So we now have a name for this genre as well: エロ間 (ero-ma)

• June 30, 2017 at 7:20 amstarss

My Hero Academia has an invisible girl. The fetish is real.

• June 30, 2017 at 8:22 amAngelus

Certainly they are around, like in MagiPoka too, it was more the idea of having fanservice of them even though they are invisible.

• June 30, 2017 at 1:56 pmfrubam

But unfortunately, she’s never naked =01…

• June 30, 2017 at 7:11 amstarss

GASP!!! OVA OUT! NEED MUST!!!!

• June 30, 2017 at 7:31 amKaineng

Especially Hikari-chan on that. Damn, had I not know about Hondo Kaede again but from a game I’m playing now (she is a new character) and the recent Demi-chan event posted on Twitter and her blog I wouldn’t have remembered before this episode. After this episode? I’ll start watching from episode 1 again if you don’t mind *sob*

Also, is the invisible Demi-chan a thing in the original story?? Or did they just make a Machi v2?

• June 30, 2017 at 1:58 pmfrubam

She was in an omake from one of the volumes that was released(as I was told, never seen the actual thing as it’s not translated)

• June 30, 2017 at 9:16 amIncognito

As soon as Takahashi-sensei invited Satou-sensei to the summer festival, I was all, “Deeto! Deeto!” (Date! Date!) like Date A Live‘s Kotori (and her crew on the Fraxinus).

Dat “KAJIKAJIKAJI” face… Man, I can’t believe how much I missed Hikari’s bright personality. (Though Yuki and Machi still shone just as well.)

So…she’s wearing nothing at all? (Nothing at all… Nothing at all… Nothing at all…)

Gah! Stupid sexy-cute invisible girl! (Is her name given in the manga, or is this an anime-original thing?) I wouldn’t be surprised if that “ghost” in the forest behind the shrine was actually her, though.

And speaking of which, those Japanese jump scare “ghost videos” honestly give me conniptions (fits of panic, in this case). Especially the ones where the camera pans to a person in an apparently empty space, pans to another area to initially see a ghost, and the camera pans back quick to the other person in panic–only to see the same ghost is already beside him/her! (*shivers*) I guess they like that type of scare in their shows.

• June 30, 2017 at 11:32 amyoloalchemist

At this point, it’s almost certain that Takahashi x Satou is gonna be canon IMO, which couldn’t be any better. That woman deserves it <3

An invisible girl… that'll surely have some interesting topics of its own. Looking forward to it if there is ever a second season, which just there has to be after this episode. I like the the subtle hint towards her life as an invisible girl that, when Takahashi imagined how she would look like, her looks seemed like they weren't being taken care of the same as how every girl takes care of her looks. I mean, why would she? She's invisible. No one is ever going to judge her on her looks. I bet that would be a good entry point of her interview with Takahashi.

• June 30, 2017 at 1:54 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

Satou-sensei is still best girl!

I also liked that we got a little more Himari.

The Incredible Hulk? lol

• June 30, 2017 at 11:20 pmdarkalpha

If the Invisible Girl is really invisible, then there shouldn’t be ‘darkening’ of spot where she’s sitting. Grab any glassware and press down on a chair and while an impression will be made, there won’t be any ‘darkening’ because that implies a degree of absence of light due to interference with light wavelength.

• June 30, 2017 at 11:27 pmKoja

That’s just the impression of the butt on the chair, not a shadow. The indentation causes the color change. You can try to use your hand to press against a foam chair to achieve the same effect

• July 1, 2017 at 12:33 amAngelus

Darkalpha, if you’re going to go all physics on it, then why not also point out that invisible beings must also be blind?

• July 1, 2017 at 1:51 amFlappy

Cause we dont want to see 2 floating dark spots where the eyes are suppose to be.

• July 1, 2017 at 2:30 amWorldwidedepp

Similar effect was in Star Trek TNG. Where Jordi and some other crew member had an Teleport accident while beaming outside some Romulan ship, thec could see the others, but for the others they where invisible (outside their world).. but then these 2 should fall through the floor or walls to be correctly…

i do not remember the episode name, sorry

• July 1, 2017 at 1:18 amWorldwidedepp

A nice episode, i am not mad if they could bring out more, or perhaps an 2nd season. But do we have enough Manga source for them? or should the Anime Director and Manga-ka work together to create content? But then the Manga-ka lose the momentum of his own work…

an devil circle

• July 1, 2017 at 1:24 amWorldwidedepp

- you know, some peoples do not drink Alcohol for only this purpose. To not lose control of themselves, to prevent showing the other side into the Public. Also this is an adult thing that begins with puberty or from influence from outside called parents in their youth

• July 1, 2017 at 1:26 amWorldwidedepp

i start with this:

- for me, i do not drink because i fear to have the same bad habit like my father while drunk… (and other stuff of course)

• July 3, 2017 at 1:45 amGrandier

This series was a sleeper hit, and one that is still highly underrated!

• July 3, 2017 at 6:16 amZ88

Romance is one of the sub-genre of this series, but I just don’t see it. All I see is just your ordinary anime crush. Who is he going to end up with in the end? One of his students?

• July 4, 2017 at 8:06 amDarren Thong

it seem that new demi girl name Matsuri entering in new term in highschool after the festival

• August 25, 2017 at 10:34 pmGuile

Isn’t it weird that Himari’s friends were those same two that went to the pool with the demis in episode 12?

There’s a lot more friend overlap between Himari and Hikari than I thought there would be.

• Yesterday at 9:15 pmproxy server list

Hello,I read your new stuff named “Demi-chan wa Kataritai – 13 | Random Curiosity” daily.Your humoristic style is awesome, keep up the good work! And you can look our website about proxy server list.

• July 5, 2017 at 2:39 amRyuutobi

Wrong! Her hero costume consists of only a pair of boots and gloves. And, she actually took them off in the 1st season tag team battle. She’s buck naked at that time. During the villains attack too (based on Todoroki’s statement about him not noticing her at all even though the girl said she was close to him then).

• July 5, 2017 at 2:42 amRyuutobi

Ah, this reply was meant to answer frubam’s response to starss’ statement.