School Days – 10 »« School Days – 08

School Days – 09

Summary:

After seeing Setsuna kiss Makoto, Kotonoha demands to know if Setsuna likes Makoto and if this was the reason she got between them. Setsuna, however, says that all that was for Sekai’s sake and admits that she wanted a memory of her own. Kotonoha protests that this doesn’t have anything to do with her and Makoto, but Nanami then finds them standing in the hallway and Kotonoha excuses herself. The next day, Setsuna leaves her classmates to work on their cafe while she goes to watch a play about a man who is accused of touching a special flower. The man professes that he only touched it once for his own memories and that he didn’t have the slightest intention of hurting the world. His accuser, however, wonders what he would have done if no one had found out and points out that the fact remains that it happened. Meanwhile, Makoto is making cakes with Sekai, and she mentions how happy she is to be doing this and feeds him a piece of cake to taste. When he gets some cream on his nose, she wipes it off with her finger and eats it, and their flirting causes Hikari to call them the Baka-couple.

Over at class 1-4, Otome and friends catch Kotonoha not paying attention to her post and instead typing a message on her cell phone. They’re concerned about her taking care of things with the lounge because it’s one of the three traditions of the school’s festival. The first is going around the festival as a couple, the second is the folk dance at the end, and the third is this lounge. The process with the lounge involves the girl approaching the boy with something in her hand, stretching that hand out to signal a confession, and the boy accepting it. Kotonoha has no choice but to accept this, but she goes back to writing a message on her cell phone as soon as Otome and friends leave. Taisuke then walks by carrying some boxes and asks her about how she worked the reception post all of yesterday too. Kotonoha, however, feels that it’s her job since she was the class representative, and after two are briefly interrupted by a couple going into the haunted house, Taisuke asks her to go around the festival with him and to dance with him at the end. Kotonoha turns him down because she’s Makoto’s girlfriend, though Taisuke points out that Makoto only seems to be going out with Sekai right now. Despite this, Kotonoha insists that she’s Makoto’s girlfriend, so Taisuke apologizes and runs off.

Back in class 1-3, Makoto is too busy feeling Sekai’s butt to notice that his cell phone is flashing with new messages, though Sekai then knees him in the crotch for not stopping like she wants him to. When Makoto goes off to take a break, he’s approached by Otome who asks him to go around the festival with her. After giving her a look over, he agrees, and the two proceed to have some fun around the school. Otome eventually asks him to dance with her during the folk dance, but, unaware of her feelings, Makoto thinks that she should invite the person she likes. She replies by saying that that’s why she’s inviting him, but before Makoto can answer, Sekai arrives and drags him off. Sekai is angry at him, though she doesn’t get to yell at him because Hikari finds them first and informs them that Makoto’s girlfriend is at their classroom. As it turns out, the “girlfriend” is merely Kokoro along with her friend Uzuki, and Kokoro mentions how her sister has been looking forward to the folk dance. Uzuki, however, thinks that Sekai is Makoto’s girlfriend, so Kokoro corrects her. The two girls have to leave though, and as they go, Sekai holds Makoto’s hand.

Meanwhile, Minami and Natsumi run into Kotonoha on her way to a committee meeting, and they start teasing her about having a lover and if she’ll use the lounge. Minami notes how Kotonoha supposedly had broken up with her boyfriend, and when Kotonoha denies this, they point out that her boyfriend hasn’t come to see her today. Kotonoha tries say that Makoto is busy, but the girls then suggest that he’s going around the school with a different girl. With Kotonoha still insisting that she’s going out with Makoto and that they haven’t broken up, Minami and Natsumi challenge her to prove it. Back at class 1-3, Sekai remembers what Kokoro said about her sister looking forward to dancing with Makoto, so she gets him to promise to dance with her so that people know that they’re lovers. Having failed to get that same promise from Makoto, Otome is at the moment outside feeling a little down when she notices Taisuke also by himself. After the two start talking about Makoto and how Taisuke only sees him with Sekai, Otome learns that Taisuke also likes Kotonoha and tells him that he shouldn’t give up on her. She then decides to go ahead and try something with Makoto, and tells Taisuke to his best.

By now, Sekai is clinging to Makoto’s arm in the class’s kitchen, but she soon has to go help Hikari with the customers. While Sekai is gone, Makoto notices his cell phone is blinking and finds the twenty messages left for him, all from Kotonoha. In a panic, he quickly changes clothes and runs out of the classroom, only to be stopped by Otome who holds out her arm and pulls him into the lounge. It is here that she finally confesses that she’s like him since junior high school, and when he doesn’t directly reject her asking him to be more than friends with her, she pushes him onto the bed. Given the chance, Makoto kisses her, and the two get busy before long. At the same time, Minami and Natsumi are bullying Kotonoha over how Makoto didn’t come to see her, yet Kotonoha continues to insist that she’s going out with Makoto and that he must be busy with something important. When the two girls see the hurt expression on Kotonoha’s face, they finally back off. Makoto and Otome meanwhile finish up by late afternoon, and he goes off to dance with Sekai in the folk dance. Towards the end of it, Sekai tries to confirm that she’s his girlfriend, but he doesn’t immediately say anything back.

While all this is going on, Kotonoha heads to Makoto’s classroom and finds only Taisuke there. He tells her that Makoto went to dance with Sekai, and when she questions why Makoto would do this since they’re lovers, Taisuke suggests that Makoto doesn’t feel that way and that he’s betrayed her. This last part shocks Kotonoha so much that she barely reacts when Taisuke confesses his feelings for her and hugs her. Her mind remains on Makoto, even as her ribbon comes off…

ED Sequence

Insert Song: 「Let me Love you -remix ver.-」 by 桃井はるこ (Momoi Haruko)
ED6: 「あなたが・・・いない -remix ver.-」 (Anata ga…inai -remix ver.-) by 栗林みな実 (Kuribayashi Minami)

Well I don’t see any way this ends without Kotonoha being completely messed up unless the ending is a complete cop-out. If Kotonoha did indeed give in and let Taisuke have his way with her – as is heavily suggested at the end of the episode with the ribbon and the ripples in water – I’m not sure Makoto would want her anymore if he found out. That potentially puts her in a pretty desperate situation where pretty much anything could happen (her going insane and killing someone seems like it’s becoming more and more likely, especially with those lifeless eyes). That being said, Makoto slept with Otome and didn’t seem overjoyed to have Sekai as his official girlfriend, so he still isn’t really committed to anyone, meaning could be hope for Kotonoha – regardless of whether we the audience think that’s a good thing for her or not.
As for Setsuna, the aftermath of her confrontation with Kotonoha was a bit disappointing, but perhaps its main point was to drive Kotonoha closer to the edge. I thought they would throw the Otome stuff in her face too, but it wouldn’t mean anything now that she’s been so shocked with the betrayal that she allowed Taisuke to do whatever with her. Sleeping with Otome could still potentially could backfire on Makoto if Sekai finds out, but I’m more waiting for everything to blow up on Makoto at once. In any case, next episode is called 「心と体」 (Kokoro to Karada – Mind and Body), and I’m looking forward to seeing what happens.

August 28, 2007 at 3:20 pm
  • August 28, 2007 at 3:30 pmShiningNinja

aww.. poor Kotonoha.. It seems that Makoto is going in the direction of Sekai now.. I wonder how its going to end :/

• August 28, 2007 at 3:31 pmVictor

Otome makes her move now! Yay Sekai takes the dance! Looks like Taisuke may have had his way with Kotonoha (like in the game). oh man, this anime is the best!

• August 28, 2007 at 3:33 pmMaThweL

i think we can have a gore final :O…
    uff i don’t like that >.

• August 28, 2007 at 3:39 pmwazaraku

good for sekai
    bad for kotonoha
    bad for sekai and everyone who lives seen this show because the end is prepared to shock us in a way never expected

en in some part i thinking more in kill “Dickoto”… or at least that this image becomes what i deserves for ever

• August 28, 2007 at 3:40 pmTaiyaki

And people were actually trying to defend this trash before.

• August 28, 2007 at 3:42 pmWcastro

makoto, mother fuckerrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!, poor kotonoha… sekai fucking bicth,,,
    makoto you are a pervert sexual ….

• August 28, 2007 at 3:42 pmMarvin

It was kinda nice to see sekai and makoto dance. And otome, wow, she went for it! I dont think Kotonoha will have good end and maybe we might get to see something bad go down. *death lingers around the corner* cant wait for more!

• August 28, 2007 at 3:42 pmKaioshin_Sama

@Taiyaki: How now, School Days is the top series right now. Didn’t you catch the article.

• August 28, 2007 at 3:44 pmVictor

Makoto needs to get his feelings straight and not always think with his “d!ck.”

• August 28, 2007 at 3:44 pmEpsilon

Hmmmm… the last moments of this ep really imply Show Spoiler ▼

Although I’m a bit surprised Otome gave herself to Makoto so easily. I recall in her game ending that Show Spoiler ▼

. I doubt that her game ending would come to pass in the anime though but who knows.

• August 28, 2007 at 3:48 pmShiNN

Now now guys, can’t you see how this show oozes perfection every second?

• August 28, 2007 at 3:56 pmuguluck

everybody gets a chance to do stuff with makoto if only theyd make a move to do so ^^”

• August 28, 2007 at 3:59 pmZlostur

• August 28, 2007 at 4:04 pmVictor

@Zlostur

most likely:

so in this case, you maybe right.

• August 28, 2007 at 4:08 pmGP

3 more eps!!! Come on good ending!

• August 28, 2007 at 4:11 pmSDX

Poor Kotonoha….

She got raped @_@

• August 28, 2007 at 4:13 pmmangamaxx

Man, I truly understand now why Makoto is deemed the most pathetic male protagonist. I mean, damn!!!! After all that he’s done……..show even a little bit of remorse dammit!!!!! It pains me to watch, yet I’m compelled to continue. What I really need right now is like a Makoto punching bag, yeah, I can get all kinds of excerise with that.

• August 28, 2007 at 4:19 pmAle

Ahh, I saw this coming. I hope Taisuke dies a horrible death by the end. Though that probably won’t happen.

Aww, now this will probably be a happy ride for Makoto…

• August 28, 2007 at 4:23 pmMarvin

Either the anime moves on to where Makoto takes advantage of most of the girls and lives on or we have a death somewhere in the end (could be anyone). Makoto you perv!

• August 28, 2007 at 4:25 pmAle

Makoto being worthless trash is something that all of us already know, but that’s still nowhere near the level of a rapist. Taisuke should die either drowned or in a fire…hopefully we’ll have some alterations and he’ll be one of the first targets of a Kotonoha rampage!

• August 28, 2007 at 4:28 pmKyonne

I know that end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• August 28, 2007 at 4:29 pmBe-Ride

Damn…That Makoto… Kicking his ass would be a pleasure!!! I hate stupid/indecise/naive/Selfish anime characters, the last one who got on my nerves like this was Shin from Gundam Seed Destiny. . .

• August 28, 2007 at 4:30 pmAle

The bonfire dance DID happen early…I’m not sure, but I think I heard from people that this is actually the good ending for Sekai (except Makoto slept with Otome here), but since we have episodes to go, there might be more stuff to show…

• August 28, 2007 at 4:32 pmMarvin

@Be-Ride

Oh man I feel you on that. I hated Shinn’s guts and I wished he suffered a lot more.

Hopefully Makoto gets what he deserves.

• August 28, 2007 at 4:34 pmKyonne

Ale@

• August 28, 2007 at 4:35 pmVictor

Ale, yes the bonfire dance seen was one of Sekais good endings in the game. I guess they wanted to make that scene very important in the events to come in futue episodes.

• August 28, 2007 at 4:39 pmDeadlyrain

Wait… So he sleeps with Otome, & yet people say good for Sekai??

& how did he end up sleeping with Otome in the lounge out of NO WHERE?!?! Lol.

I’m DLing it from share now, but this just gets me confused…

& I doubt you can say Makoto slept with Otome as a day didn’t pass by, so its more fitting to say had sex with her. Although I find that part to be a bit place out of no where as well… Otome didn’t seem to be the type to play that instantly sleep with you after saying I like you girl…

• August 28, 2007 at 4:40 pmAle

Victor, Kyonne:

• August 28, 2007 at 4:42 pmMarvin

@Deadlyrain

By “sleeps”, we mean they had sex of course. Otome wanted Makoto and went to the lounge to “do it”. As for the whole Otome thing, she had a crush on Makoto for quite sometime and I’m guessing this crush led to her wanting to get with Makoto, even in bed.

• August 28, 2007 at 4:43 pmBe-Ride

Can you lend me excaliborg Dokuro-chan? ^^

• August 28, 2007 at 4:45 pmVictor

Ale, if you read my message, I was implying that the dance scene was probably added that early to set things up for something in the future. The anime is not following the game to every detail, so we couldn’t really compare the two but it follows close enough for us to get a jist of what may happen.

• August 28, 2007 at 4:45 pmDeadlyrain

@marvin: I know that “sleeps” mean to have sex with her, but it isn’t a proper word to place in this situation, its better to just say had sex with her, as saying sleeps means that they did it, & then after they were together for some time, most preferably sleeping of coarse.

• August 28, 2007 at 4:47 pmtin-33r

saw in the game that taisuke rape kotonoha period… not sure if it happen in this episode/series.

• August 28, 2007 at 4:56 pmAle

@Victor:

Yeah, besides, the sleep w/Otome scene doesn’t really fit in that ending either.

Thanks for the replies, btw. :)

• August 28, 2007 at 5:00 pmSniper

Yay Makoto you only misery awaits you. I have to say he has alot of guts and nerve. Too bad its going to be a bloody ending.lol

• August 28, 2007 at 5:04 pmMarvin

Now that Otome has gotten involved, probably next runner up is …. HIKARI… hahaha.

• August 28, 2007 at 5:12 pmW-General

This is gonna be great. They’re totally setting this series up for one of the stabbing endings – although I’d much prefer if Makoto got the knife.
    That’ll make this an epic anime series.

• August 28, 2007 at 5:15 pmAce

im all for some hikari action

• August 28, 2007 at 5:18 pmyunnie

I hope it doesn’t end with Kotonoha dying!!! =(

• August 28, 2007 at 5:20 pmAle

Yeah, if I could pick who gets knived, it’d be Taisuke first without any doubts, and although I don’t think he deserves to die, Makoto would be in 2nd place if I absolutely had to pick. I wouldn’t want Sekai to pay for everyone else’s actions, although she has some blame too, she’s not a scumbag unlike Makoto, let alone Taisuke.

• August 28, 2007 at 5:20 pmSeedStriker

Ok, now we’re in the gates of hell.

Surely all remember that Otome’s group put a camera in the infirmary. Can anyone say blackmail? Worst of all, since Minami asked them for help, this is going to be very good indeed.
    Then, Taisuke (as bright as ever) put a rope on Sekai’s head (who do you think Kotonoha will target first?) and on himself once he boasts about getting Kotonoha as GF and Hikari hears that (I really hope she tears him piece by piece)

If we’re heading for a bad ending, would be a first in this type of series.

• August 28, 2007 at 5:28 pmTidus

i dun know if it is rape or not..
    looks like Kotonoha went lifeless and show no resistance.. She is even concious somemore, yea.. I guess we wont know until the next episode comes

• August 28, 2007 at 5:29 pmSawnJone

GO!!! MAkoTO GO!!!
    lol

• August 28, 2007 at 5:30 pmGP

I’m all for the anime doing it’s own ending after a twist in ep11. Which could happen. Why do what the games does, which everyone knows already. That’s no fun really.

• August 28, 2007 at 5:32 pmZlostur

Well, I can say the producers are doing a great job, since I still do not know how it is going to end. The bonfire dance with Sekai coupled with the Taisuke rape scene seems to point to the direction of Kotonoha snapping and Sekai getting the shaft.

On the other hand, Makoto sleeping with Otome coupled with the videocamera suggests that Sekai may be the one to lose it and kill Makoto.

Maybe we are heading for an anime-original ending after all. If it were me, I would choose an ending with a bunch of characters dying, instead of only one – like Makoto, Sekai, Taisuke and Otome. OK, maybe I’m too greedy, just Makoto and Sekai is enough.

• August 28, 2007 at 5:33 pmAle

Yeah GP, that’d be fun.

Taking advantage of someone who doesn’t give consent is rape, by the way. He doesn’t necessarily need to force himself physically to do it – for example, he could rape a drunk girl or someone who is unable to give consent because of their state of mind.

• August 28, 2007 at 5:33 pmSeedStriker

Worst of all is that Kotonoha believed a guy who is a complete retarded. Even Makoto had some brains in comparison to Taisuke. Believeing in him is totally lurdicrous, and it only proves that Kotonoha is a complete bimbo.
    Talking about Makoto, since it seems that he slept with Otome, and now Taisuke got Kotonoha, seems that Hikari will be the next one to sleep with Makoto out of sadness.

• August 28, 2007 at 5:33 pmAznSoulboy

lol its getting more obvious what would be the ending o.o

• August 28, 2007 at 5:34 pmRM

Yandere alarm tingling!

• August 28, 2007 at 5:37 pmAle

Sekai+Kotonoha vs. Makoto ending go~! The winner gets Taisuke’s head as the prize. :P

• August 28, 2007 at 5:39 pmsento

“Wow” at Otome and Taisuke. Hmm? I don’t know if it’s going to end the way I was thinking. Sekai and Kotonoha find out Makoto is cheating and one, or both killed him.

I got to agreed with Marvin’s comment too. lol

• August 28, 2007 at 5:39 pmMarvin

SeedStriker gets the idea! haha up Hikari will be shocked and would want some attention. *Makoto steps up to the plate* and now Hikari gets involved. man this anime is full of surprises. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone gets shanked in the end.

• August 28, 2007 at 5:41 pmann

All this and Makoto still hasn’t broken up with Kotonoha. My respect for Sekai is even less then it was last week. She’s getting what she deserves. She knows why kind of man he is and it’s proven. If he’ll treat Kotonoha like he has, he’ll teat Sekai like that too. The rest, I have no commment about. Again I say there is no romance in this show. Anyone who calls it a great romance lives a pretty messed up life.

• August 28, 2007 at 5:47 pmVictor

@ann

I wouldnt call this anime a romance. It’s more of an intense drama/soap opera. Only romance in this anime is the ones the girls have for Makoto, but Makoto, only thinking about “sex”, doesnt return their feelings and just has his way with them.

Anywho, I wouldnt be surprised if Hikari did get involved. Almsot every girl in the anime has gotten something from/with Makoto (Sekai, Kotonoha, Setsuna, and Otome so far). There’s gonna be a lot of hurt in the enxt episodes. GAH!!! I want the next episode already!!!

• August 28, 2007 at 5:50 pmPerrodemonio

Me sorprende lo de kotonoha con ese pata

• August 28, 2007 at 5:50 pmSeedStriker

at 5:41 pm on August 28th, 2007

Sekai understand Makoto’s point from earlier: when Kotonoha knows about this (already) all hell will set loose. That’s why she hasn’t say a word to her also. Besides, it’s all Kotonoha’s fault by being a pampered little missy until Makoto went to a real girl.

• August 28, 2007 at 5:53 pmAle

Dunno…any somewhat faithful guy? :P

• August 28, 2007 at 5:56 pmSeedStriker

at 5:47 pm on August 28th, 2007

Well, using the game’s POV this is why:

Sekai fall for him since they were in the same class.
    Setsuna because he was the only one that didn’t mock her for her height.
    Otome had a crush on him since middle school.
    Hikari out of grieve by Taisuke’s stupidity.

Kotonoha, as the series and the game said is a special case of “girl who wants a knight in shining leather armor”. How annoying could that can be? Way too much!

• August 28, 2007 at 6:01 pmAle

Yeah, Kotonoha’s stupid for sure. But that doesn’t make the other characters any better, haha.

• August 28, 2007 at 6:10 pmbutt_seks

You know what? theres only one way to solve this shit! JUST DO AN ORGY! YES U HEARD ME AN ORGY! I VOTE FOR A 5 SOME! WHOS WITH ME BITCHES? :D

• August 28, 2007 at 6:12 pmVictor

I totally agree with you SeedStriker.

• August 28, 2007 at 6:13 pmMarmot

THIS… THIS IS MADNESS!!!!!!

• August 28, 2007 at 6:15 pmUnknown Voice

Madness??? THIS IS RETARDLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• August 28, 2007 at 6:16 pmMarvin

Madness??? … THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!

I vote for an orgy! Might as well. Makoto would be happy haha.

• August 28, 2007 at 6:19 pmAle

Madness??? THIS IS RETARDLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, so true.

• August 28, 2007 at 6:21 pmsage

School Days has gone from pretty good to being possibly the best shounen romance anime ever. Every second oozes perfection, from the gripping suspense to the overbearing guilt, from the precise fanservice to the impeccably timed insert songs. SD is the zenith in the evolving formula of shounen romance, and has set a new standard which all subsequent shows will be compared to.

• August 28, 2007 at 6:31 pmRai

woahh..saw the scene at the end in the game (taisuke forcing himself on kotonoha), was hoping that wouldn’t get into the anime, but I guess it did.

They seriously can’t end this without someone dying now.

• August 28, 2007 at 6:38 pmmutio

Kotonoha will go psycho mode and kill kill kill, jep :)

• August 28, 2007 at 6:53 pmDantekottai

insert song
    「Let me Love you -remix ver.-」
    lyrics by Momoi Haruko (桃井 はるこ)
    music by Oota Masatomo (太田 雅友)
    arrangement by Ookubo Kaoru (大久保 薫)
    sing by Momoi Haruko (桃井 はるこ)

ED song
    「あなたが・・・いない。 -remix ver.-」(anata ga … inai) [You are no longer with me]?
    lyrics by Ebata Ikuko (江幡 育子)
    music & arrangement by Iitsuka Masaaki (飯塚 昌明)
    sing by Kuribayashi Minami (栗林 みな美)

• August 28, 2007 at 7:01 pmSheba

>> It’s more of an intense drama/soap opera.

Yes, seriously. If people want sugary romance comedy, stick to AMG?

Ok, I’ll say it, the bad ends were the reasons that drew me to the show, then Kotonoha’s zettai ryouikki and big tits.

PS: And Makoto is turning Urashima Keitaro and Rin into likeable harem lead characters!!!

• August 28, 2007 at 7:01 pmgisselle

OH the drama, i did not saw this coming! but that’s the essence of school days and the reason that i like i so much

• August 28, 2007 at 7:14 pmblaho

omg i hate sekai even though kotonoha told her how upset she was she still underhandedly steals her guy what a slut, but i guess she’ll finally find out what it feels like to be cheated on when she finds out about otome

• August 28, 2007 at 7:57 pmBe-Ride

School Days, retard-land? Hmmm…… Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is still the reference for me, more drama, more mature, everything’s way much better, even the character design, even the hentai game lol ^^ !!!!!

• August 28, 2007 at 8:01 pmhax-tan

man, looks like the anime is pretty much leading up to kotonoha going berserk on sekai. But like others have said, hopefully they’ll do an anime ending. With 3 episodes left, kotonoha could add makoto and taisuke to the body count, haha.

• August 28, 2007 at 8:44 pmAvexMode

Kotonoha should kill every girls that Sekai ends up with. That make a good ending :p

• August 28, 2007 at 9:11 pmbanzemanga

@Sheba – Yes, i was thinking the same thing. There is a high possibility that it will end with the harem ending.

• August 28, 2007 at 9:15 pmCheez

I was really hoping for Makoto to somehow get back together with Kotonoha, but I guess I was wrong. Makoto sleeping with Otome? Seriously now, I used to be a defender of Makoto from blood thirsty speculators, but from what it seems like now, he really has stooped to an all-time low (having sex with a bully). Guess I’ll stop watching this anime unless he “gets it on” with Kotonoha : (. Was really hoping the two would get a happy ending, but it definitely seems like things will end in tradgedy…

• August 28, 2007 at 9:33 pmJulio

Why not go for a good ending with Makoto getting BOTH Kotonoha and Sekai after some heavy drama. Makoto is the MAN, he SCORES again! So Cool! Proof that human waste is what girls have hots for. Human waste is the pimp!! Now Kotonoha, hand me that saw will you? I’ll do the honor for you to put some more colors on the pimp.

• August 28, 2007 at 9:35 pmDmo

@banzemanga

Wrong, there’s a high possibility that… Show Spoiler ▼

• August 28, 2007 at 9:36 pmhao-addict

Aw. Poor Kotonoha. I can’t wait for the last episode! ^^ But damn, Makoto is such worthless trash. I saw this one coming. Man, I wish that this will end sooner.

• August 28, 2007 at 10:03 pmmaglor

Makoto needs to be hung, drawn, and quartered for crimes against humanity.

• August 28, 2007 at 10:05 pmKalessin

I still don’t understand why people hate Makoto so much. Unlike most loser anime characters he is at least getting some action. Remorse or not, I am sure when he gets old and remembers those days he will smile on the fond memories of nailing most girls in school lol.

As for Kotonoha, imo, she is exactly the type of girl that is born to be used by men. Unfortunatelly in real life most girls like her are not only boring like hell but also look bad.

If Makoto is supposed to be the anime character combining young japanese male anime viewers’ predominant characteristics (with the exception that he is being liked by lots of girls and gets lots of action which is what all guys wish for!) then Kotonoha carries the characteristics of the typical Japanese gal (boring, veeeery boring and with the exception that she looks good which is what all girls wish for hehe).

Just my humble opinion :P

• August 28, 2007 at 10:08 pmX

My own version of the “perfect ending”:

At the end or final ep. everyone knows that Makoto is a shameless bastard who slept with everyone. Also Taisuke’s crime (if it is, though even if it isn’t he’s still a shithead) gets exposed by everyone. So lots of death scenes, where the only one who lives is Setsuna who comes back from France to visit, seing all the dead bodies of Makoto (after getting stabbed, punched and kicked, and his balls severed by Kotonoha and Sekai), Sekai (head cut off due to Kotonoha’s chainsaw), Taisuke (his balls got chainsawed by Kotonoha and he got stabbed with a scissors by Hikari), Otome and her gang (killed of by the crazy Kotonoha despite their struggle and begging forgiveness for what they have done to her), Hikari (after knowing Taisuke’s crime, got killed by Kotohona before getting a stab at Kotonoha), and Kotonoha in the end (after killing them off, walked all bloodied atop the school rooftop and jumped after laughing hysterically, Suicide). Then Setsuna after watching such a horror, didnt give a dam since she’s all settled up in france, and just put a victory sign, and the end. LOL

Although the most better way to portray Setsuna would be after watching the horrible scene, learned a life lesson that in the end, there should be made a new constitution that guys like Makoto and Taisuke needs to die on the spot once their crimes have been exposed, LOL.

• August 28, 2007 at 10:19 pmExcs

Ale: “C’mon, Otome give herself to Makoto openly. Name one man that could actually say no to an offering like that?”

@Ale: Ya what youre saying is reasonable, but if any self respecting man who HAS A GIRLFRIEND/LOVER would refuse, trust me, i have been in such a situation, in my case my girlfriend’s bestfriend got drunked in a party and worst off my girlfriend couldnt attend the party, after going home she began talking to me how she always wanted me but held back because she’s a friend of my girlfriend and started flirting with me, though i knew she was drunk, i sincerely refused her since i know she’s drunk. So whether or not it was true on what she was saying she couldnt remember it the day after, so lol it worked out in the end, and im glad i didnt do it with her, or else my conscience will break me apart, and im proud to say that my gf and I are still together and still friends with her bestfriend. So i cannot understand a scumbag like Makoto who simply slept with Otome despite having Sekai, or supposedly Kotonoha, bastard should die.

• August 28, 2007 at 10:24 pmAle

Er, Excs, I’m not the one who said that. I’m the one who contested it, by answering the following:

“Dunno…any somewhat faithful guy? :P”

I was quoting SeedStriker. I agree with you. Makoto’s a dumbass and only driven by sex, I don’t really care about the age excuse, most people that age really aren’t THAT retarded.

• August 28, 2007 at 10:26 pmAle

Er…what I meant by that, is that although there’s a lot of stupid people his age, there’s very few who are as bad as him. I did not mean that most people his age are stupid, there’s a lot of respectable guys too.

Just clarifying, I don’t wanna offend anyone.

• August 28, 2007 at 10:33 pmtm

“Let me love you” was not ending theme. It was an inserted song .
    Ending for this ep was “Anataga Inai” (You are not here) by Minami Kuribayashi.

• August 28, 2007 at 10:37 pmJenny

A slutty anime….

• August 28, 2007 at 10:54 pmDanTheMan

some twisted shit….
    Never seen such wanton anime in my life
    -two thumbs up for the orgy ending-

• August 28, 2007 at 11:15 pmtabs05

I really liked this show and watched the first 3 eps in one sitting but this has just become too depressing for me.Life is already stressful, last thing I want is to watch an anime with a scumbag and a tragic ending.I’ll just read the blogs for know and watch it all when it ends.But I do have to agree somebody must die in the end,it would just be too weird if no one does.

• August 29, 2007 at 12:09 amPlayer

Haha, you guys make me laugh!

People would think Makoto had done something really outrageous from the level of hate directed at him, like kill a bunch of kids or rape someone. Of course when you are in high school you are trying to sleep with many girls especially when they are willing to throw themselves at you. I mean what did you expect him to do, say – “I’m sorry, I’m saving myself, let’s wait until we get married”. Now would not that be really pathetic.

Makoto is a much better character than all of those goody-goody idiot harem leads who cannot make up their mind the entire show. He wants to have them all, which to me is much more understandable than having an entire harem of pretty hot girls falling for you and you not choosing any one of them.

Of course, people grow up and eventually they grow out of that hormone-driven obsession to sleep with many girls, though some do it later than others:) So, just relax, enjoy the show and hope that everybody sleeps together in the end, now would not be a perfect ending to that harem anime show?

• August 29, 2007 at 12:39 amIzzile

Sounds like my college. Gotta love the drama.

• August 29, 2007 at 12:42 amHighman

And I thought Setsuna was going to be hacked first!

• August 29, 2007 at 1:00 amuguluck

tht taisuke guy’s a fag ^^” lol

• August 29, 2007 at 1:01 amRemy

I, on the other hand, don’t mind offending anyone. Youth and stupidity is no excuse for acting like an asshole. Just because you’re young and dumb, doesn’t mean you don’t know what’s right from wrong. I can actually put myself in Makoto’s shoes and understand his POV. In high school, I averaged out a new girlfriend per semester, until my senior year when I had a steady girlfriend. But I never once cheated on any of them, because I man up and told the girl I wanted to break up.

I’m not going to excuse Makoto’s action on the bases that I know what he’s going through. I can’t stop him, I can’t tell him to not do it. So at least I can feel vindicated if I watch him get everything he earned torn away from him in one fell swoop. I’m honestly hoping for one of the fatherhood endings or the one where Kotonoha and Sekai decides it’s better to be with each other than with him. Of course, watching him get stabbed isn’t bad either.

• August 29, 2007 at 1:25 amJosh

I’m not sure that the Show Spoiler ▼

is necessarily guaranteed here. I still have a feeling that we’re going to get a different ending from any of them in the game. Also, if there are clear signs that the game is headed towards one of the particular endings in the game, I have a feeling that it WON’T be that ending.

I actually still think that an ending where all three characters die is still a possibility (basically combine all three endings: Show Spoiler ▼

• August 29, 2007 at 1:25 amSeirei

grrr…..MAKOTO make Kotonoha sad!!!

• August 29, 2007 at 1:37 amPand3monium

Wow…really hoping that kotonoha didn’t get plugged by that fag. I was wondering whether she would be physically overpowered and then raped but seems there’s no sign of that.
    Not being critical here but which girl on earth would not feel anything after having a guy stripping her not to mention plug her? and knowing that perverse guy..it wouldn’t be once…. (i’m saying this since she doesn’t seem to show any emotion during/after the supposed rape scene) Any comments?

• August 29, 2007 at 2:19 amZlostur

This show would have been better as a hentai. Maybe then people would not take it so seriously.

• August 29, 2007 at 2:29 ampadfoot

attually there no 1 whos really bad or anything.. i really hope katsura find another guy.. sekai and makoto still together at the end of the series.. but still.. when u love some1 its really hard to give up!! might end up like mahouro ending.. lol the main guy got cloned into 11 =X 1 for each girl!!! hehehe… and the ending insert song.. DAM NICE!!!WOOT !! 3 cheers for school days director!!!

• Newer Comments »