Introduction – “So I heard RC needed some One Piece coverage…”

Well that’s where I come in, as I not only watch and read One Piece, but breathe it as well. Hyperboles aside, I’m not as fanatic about it as one who spends a lot more time analyzing the possible future and connections of the world of One Piece. However, One Piece represents to me so many things that I consider precious in life, being the passionate adventure through the sea, or the nakama connections of companionships. A satisfactory life to me is one that is full of these experiences. Yet as much as I treasure the main foundations that One Piece is built upon, it’s not to say I don’t enjoy the many twists and turns our Strawhat Pirates go through. Before all that however…

It might be interesting to know a bit about my own “anime” background, as this is an introductory post after all. If not, skip to the fourth paragraph. Funnily enough, my first experience with anime was with Sailor Moon. I really liked it for some reason, so an unconscious anime lover was born in those moments perhaps. I was an avid Saturday morning cartoon kid and watched Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! just like everyone else in my grade. Toonami had it’s share of shows as well. One of the last few anime I saw on Toonami was Yu Yu Hakusho. That was the best dub I have ever seen and I even finished it years later, all 112 episodes in about two sittings. Yes, 13 hour long marathons. It appears I had good taste even when I was little. (c’mon, YYH was amazing)

Sooner or later I was subject to the computer and the Internet and began broadening my horizons. At the time, I thought 24 episode series were incredibly short and didn’t even want to bother getting into them for fear of a waste of time. Laughable, sure, but then I was given Full Metal Alchemist to watch and told that it was amazing. 51 episodes later, mind blown, and the rest is history. There was still a slow climb to see more anime as time went on. It definitely helped that I watched mostly top tier shows when I started out, like Kanon. Currently I figure I know almost every anime that exists out there (slight exaggeration), which goes to show how drastically I’ve been sucked into the anime field. -_-’

One Piece on the other hand, deserves its own paragraph. I picked up OP one day hanging out at the library, thinking that the art looked cool. Haters gonna hate, but I loved it. I started flipping through the pages and was immediately captured by the goal-oriented story as well as the expressive characters littered throughout the story. At that time, I had no idea there was such a thing as a One Piece anime, so when it shown on TV commercials, I was ecstatic. Needless to say, 4Kids completely massacred the anime and scarred me from the inside. Interestingly enough, it was because of 4Kids that I began searching for fansubs of One Piece. OP may have even been one of the first anime I started watching fansubs for.

With that said, I’ll just rattle off some of my favorites so you can get a sense of where my taste lies. There’s Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (obligatory), Kanon (cried twice), the previously mentioned Yu Yu Hakusho, Lovely Complex, Welcome to NHK!, Mushi-shi, and Death Note (typical). As you can see, I pretty much watch anything except yaoi. Yeah, I’m sort of like Divine in that sense. Not surprising, but I feel that nothing will ever take One Piece’s place as number one.

I’ve been following Random Curiosity for five years now, always lurking in the shadows, never even making a single comment. I’ve enjoyed RandomC immensely through the years as it guided me through shows and helped make recommendations. Before I knew of Chartfag’s charts, RandomC was the only organizable list of upcoming anime every season bundled with a bonus of commentary. Omni and Divine have done an incredibly admirable job here, and I hope this continues for as long as possible for the years to come.

As you might have possibly inferred from the opening paragraph, I will be covering One Piece manga and a couple of the latest episodes of the anime to see if I can handle the commitment. I’m excited to be able to present my opinions on the gem that is One Piece to an incredibly large audience that’s built up at RC over the years. One Piece is a brilliant subject to work with, as I’ll try to refine my blogging to the standards that have been made around RC. Lock and load guys, we’ll be heading into the New World soon.

Sorry for the incredibly long intro, hope I haven’t bored you already!
As it seems proper to say so, “Kiiragi desu. Yoroshiku ne!” 「キイラギです。よろしくね~」

April 17, 2010 at 8:08 pm
  • April 17, 2010 at 8:22 pmSyllen

welcome

• April 17, 2010 at 8:25 pmkonaha

one piece ftw!

• April 17, 2010 at 8:26 pmHelios

Congratulations! Im glad One Piece is getting the coverage it deserves! I wish you the best of luck and i cant wait for the new world either! One Piece forever!

• April 17, 2010 at 8:27 pmThrudgelmir

Welcome aboard.

• April 17, 2010 at 8:27 pmmegalith

Too bad I don’t read watch/read One Piece otherwise I’d be thanking you so much right now. Good for the fans though. :D

• April 17, 2010 at 8:28 pmmegalith

ughh.. typo… frckin amazing..

• April 17, 2010 at 8:38 pmHitsugaya_10

Welcome! =p

• April 17, 2010 at 8:39 pmASDAS 2.0

I look forward to your work

• April 17, 2010 at 8:39 pmrevo

Welcome, and I’m happy that someone likes One Piece as well =)

• April 17, 2010 at 8:42 pmduh

From the opening paragraph (which is the only section shown on the main page), I thought this was going to be a post about the entire history of One Piece – which would’ve been one hell of a long article.

Congratulations Kiiragi, you have a couple of tough acts to follow (Omni & Divine), but I’m sure you’ll do fine. I’ll look forward to your summary and reviews of One Piece material.

• April 17, 2010 at 8:43 pmIsland Esper

Welcome

Yay!!! Another place to vent about OP. I can’t wait to have the crew back together. The Ifmpel Down story arc has me so frustrated. The cross dressing is nice and all; but I want the nakamas reunited !!!!!!

• April 17, 2010 at 8:49 pmseikeninho

RC + One Piece = Greatness. Looking forward to it! ;)

• April 17, 2010 at 8:50 pmtenchu1990

One piece!!!

• April 17, 2010 at 8:53 pmMyna

Oh hey there~ Welcome ;D

OMG YUYU HAKUSHO FTWWWWWW

• April 17, 2010 at 8:53 pmSaya

Welcome! Look forward to your commentary. =D

• April 17, 2010 at 8:55 pmAshan

A fellow One Piece addict! Hi there! :)

I’ve never actually read the One Piece manga and instead was introduced to the universe through the Anime some time ago,I’ve seen all the episodes released since and been following it weekly. I’m not a fan of manga-reading in general, and as such don’t know the manga’s current storyline, so please do try to stick spoilerifics into spoiler tags :)

I’m curious, if you decide to blog about the show, will you be continuing on from the latest episodes onwards or do you have plans to revisit old episodes?

• April 17, 2010 at 10:51 pmNice Holystone

I think it’ll just be the recent episodes.
      Even though many people (including I) would love a revisit of past episodes, (I mean, oh god, the Water 7/Enies Lobby arc is just godly..) it seems kind of unreasonable. xD

• April 17, 2010 at 11:24 pmLightningJC

It will be great if the old episodes of One Piece are posted up… I have been trying to remember all the previous episodes and it would take forever to watch all of them again. With over 400 episodes, you will forget the story. The mangas are not to good because all the action and fillers are left out. Anyways, by posting so many episodes of One Piece, you will be known all over RC.

• April 18, 2010 at 4:28 amEamon

Hopefully Kiiragi will only blog the anime.
        One Piece is one of the few shounens that actually keeps getting better and better.

I succumbed to reading the mangas of Naruto and Bleach when fillers kept showing up. But One Piece anime is just too epic so I am stopping myself from reading its manga.

But if you do decide to blog the manga, Kiiragi, could you try to keep the title and picture non-spoiler.

I noticed before Divine would succumb to posting some epic scenes from manga on the main page lol =P

It’s hard to follow the anime without being spoilt on the internet.

• April 18, 2010 at 11:43 amNice Holystone

@ Eamon
        Yeah, I’m in the same state you are. I prefer the anime over the manga just because the music, color, animation, voice acting, and everything else just makes it that much more intense. It is hard resisting the manga when your friends are talking about how epic things are getting though.

I wouldn’t mind if Kiiragi blogged the manga though since many people would be overjoyed about that. I would prefer to not see spoiler pictures/titles like you though. D:

• April 18, 2010 at 1:17 pmKiiragi

Yeah I’ll be sure the avoid spoilers with the titles and preview pictures when posting up entries for the manga. It’ll be incredibly hard though since there’s so many awesome spreads in the manga :D

On the subject of anime coverage, I’m not even sure if I have the ability to cover the latest episodes every week, let alone cover the entire series from episode one. Regardless, I don’t think Divine would like it if 50% of the posts on here become OP LOL.

• April 17, 2010 at 9:00 pmSatoida

I dunno if I have the right to say ‘welcome!’ because you’ve been stalking RC longer than I, but I look forward to reading your commentaries.

Good luck with it!

• April 17, 2010 at 9:04 pmV6

I like your writing style. Welcome, I look forward for whatever you will bring.

• April 17, 2010 at 9:06 pmFreya

About time someone did One Piece. I was thinking of trying out….but eh. Good luck man and welcome!

• April 17, 2010 at 9:07 pmswiftberry

hell yeah im excited! finally OP coverage! welcome to RC Kiiragi =)

• April 17, 2010 at 9:07 pmsome.random.dude !

hahahha ! welcome welcomee !!
    i’m a vivid fan of One Piece (both manga & anime) and i think it’s really great that u’re gonna start/or at least try to blog it !!! this will be AWESOME ! There’s no way i’m gonna miss ur posts every week, especially when i havnt found any other place where one can follow one piece regularly! so, now u know! u have a very appreciative reader here !

well, see u ’round & keep’em coming bother!

• April 17, 2010 at 9:08 pmMerchantChuck

I do not like One Piece but welcome to the Random Curiosity team

• April 17, 2010 at 9:12 pmKiz

If you’re going to cover the manga..I only ask that you don’t show a small image from it like the Naruto and Bleach manga posts. Those things have serious spoilers in them. I’m thrilled that you will be covering the anime though.

• April 17, 2010 at 9:14 pmItachizame

I cant wait for the One Piece coverage. Im a fan of the show. And welcome.

• April 17, 2010 at 9:14 pmDude

YAY!! One Piece

• April 17, 2010 at 9:17 pmIHM

All the people from many countries(MX here) will be expecting for your OP posts. So, welcome, and good luck, fella.

• April 17, 2010 at 9:17 pmkyosei

Yea One Piece! I love One Piece but to my utter shame I can never keep up with the either the massive anime or manga. I’ve seen some of the earlier arcs though and have a general idea of the cast and story but never had the time to get fully caught up. It’ll be nice to see regular updates of this series here on my favorite anime blog =D Welcome! ^^

• April 17, 2010 at 9:18 pmChen^2

New writer, cool! Welcome Kiiragi, looking forward to see you help out Divine. ^_^

• April 17, 2010 at 9:19 pmphilip

Lock and Load

• April 17, 2010 at 9:22 pmCherubium

Yay one piece, it would interesting to see it blogged considering the status of the anime and manga.

• April 17, 2010 at 9:26 pmShizzy

So glad someone finally decided to cover One Piece. You’re awesome :D

• April 17, 2010 at 9:28 pmIamMAN

hell yea!

welcome man

• April 17, 2010 at 9:33 pmmayu08

we have the same taste.
    Welcome.

• April 17, 2010 at 9:36 pmamado

I used watched one piece before but couldn’t keep watching due to school and other stuff, so I have no idea which ep to continue.
    ill check your blogs too since I liked one piece before so welcome.

• April 17, 2010 at 9:37 pmSkins Thunderbomb

Yay, new blood! :D

• April 17, 2010 at 9:39 pmYun_Fang

omg ure a big one piece fan as well?!?! ^___^ sweeeeeet!

• April 17, 2010 at 9:40 pmM2

LOL. News of RC’s impending demise has brought out more writers. I’m glad. I have only watched a few One Piece episodes. Due to its epic-ness, I probably won’t be trying to catch up until the show ends. Still look forward to your pieces.

• April 17, 2010 at 9:43 pmFruitieSyrup

God We have very, very simlar tastes. I’m very happy that One Piece (My second anime/manga love but overall my #1 fav) will finaly be brought onto RC. I’m looking forward to it.

• April 17, 2010 at 9:46 pmLaN

While I’m not particularly a fan of OP, I still enjoy reading blogs none the less. It will be fun to read a blog from a different perspective and writing style. Congratulations!

• April 17, 2010 at 9:52 pmRei

I’m not a big fan of OP, only saw I think two seasons of it on TV and then discovered how long it actually really was and kinda stopped due to school as well. And 5 years in the shadows, huh? Suddenly you’re part of the team, nice :P I look forward to your posts on OP Kiiragi. See if you can hook me in to try and catch up. Btw, I like the side pic you put up XD

• April 18, 2010 at 1:37 pmKiiragi

Yeah I’m a hardcore lurker :/
      The side pic’s supposed to represent me, but it’s more he inspires me rather than represents. He’s Kurosawa from Onani Master Kurosawa for anyone who wants to know. Changed my life that manga did.

• April 17, 2010 at 9:53 pmGodknows

Just in time for the new arc in the manga!
    こちらこそよろしくお願いします。

• April 17, 2010 at 9:54 pmRFayt

Looks like there will be an update on OP ep447 pretty soon then ;P
    Welcome !

• April 17, 2010 at 9:58 pmMatt

Looking forward to your coverage. Good of you to step up.

• April 17, 2010 at 9:59 pmAznCoffee

OH SHI-

New Blogger Kiiragi want to challange you!

Kiiragi sent out One Piece!

: D

• April 17, 2010 at 10:03 pmAria-san

Wow, our anime backgrounds are very similar!

Looking forward to your posts then~.

• April 17, 2010 at 10:05 pmliborek3

Welcome to RC Kiiragi, good luck :)

btw YYH FTW!

• April 17, 2010 at 10:07 pmwayne

one piece sucks <.<

• April 17, 2010 at 10:48 pmNice Holystone

I can’t believe you just said that T_T

• April 17, 2010 at 10:58 pmIamMAN

got any proof?

• April 18, 2010 at 12:21 amShizzy

I have a feeling this guys only seen the 4kids dubs.

• April 18, 2010 at 12:44 amwayne

not really

• April 18, 2010 at 1:10 amNice Holystone

Something horrible must have went down while you were watching it or something…lol.
        One Piece is just epic, man.

• April 18, 2010 at 3:30 amwayne

One Piece is just another endless story bullshit like Naruto or Bleach
        You want Epic Pirats watch Black Lagoon <.<

• April 18, 2010 at 11:46 amNice Holystone

Dood, no…just no.
        It is not endless bullshit like Naruto and Bleach. I’m sorry but, I think Naruto and Bleach cannot even compare to One Piece. The length of One Piece is completely justified; it’s not like it repeats anything, making it boring. (Like Bleach, where every female lead seems to be getting kidnapped)

Really, there’s a reason One Piece is the best selling manga in Japan by far. :P

• April 24, 2010 at 10:40 pmkid a

i bet this kid just recently got past the dbz stage of anime and mistakenly considers himself to be a guru.
      pro tip: not all shonens are like dbz. one piece and hajime no ippo are cream of the crop.

• April 17, 2010 at 10:40 pmCharlee

Awesome! My favorite anime review site is getting OP :Db Also welcome!

• April 17, 2010 at 10:40 pmLife

Thinking of starting Once Piece soon. A friend of mine is currently downloading the episodes, so I can marathon when I have the time lol. Looking forward to a good read man.

• April 18, 2010 at 11:46 amNice Holystone

*44 thumbs up*

• April 17, 2010 at 10:41 pmempirexstate

Your anime background feels like the story of my life … minus knowing every anime out there.

• April 17, 2010 at 10:43 pmClick

New Blood. Welcome to the Clan >:D

On another note, I’m pretty glad someone picked up One Piece, because the manga is fantastic and has so far never used an incredibly cheap plot device *COUGH Hogyoku implant COUGH COUGH*, and I’m also pretty glad that you might be picking up a few shows, so divine doesn’t kill himself (and lets face it, he’s not gonna live long with 11-15 shows to blog a week D:)

• April 18, 2010 at 1:41 pmKiiragi

Picking up a few shows is getting ahead of myself there. I’m not sure if I can even keep up One Piece’s anime weekly, but I’ll be trying. If I can find a groove and see myself capable, I could try to do several shows, but that’s far off the map for now. Just can’t be as godly as Omni and Divine.

• April 17, 2010 at 10:47 pmAecen

Welcome, looking forward to it. One piece manga is wonderful, lately the pacing of the anime has thrown me off abit, but hopefully it will get back to it’s glorious self. And to those who do not like one piece, thats fine, but PLEASE for the love of god do not base your opinion of one piece awful the worst dub ever created that aired on tv. 4kids completely butchered it in every way, give the subs a shot, you will be amazed at the seemless blend of comedy, action and emotion that it brings.

• April 17, 2010 at 10:48 pmufo

hey Kiigari, is there any chance that you have been at Jcafe forum also?

• April 17, 2010 at 10:49 pmItachizame

4kids was the reason why i got into One Piece. ^_^. Thanks to them i starting downloading the the “real” episodes and got to where i am today.

• April 17, 2010 at 10:49 pmNice Holystone

It’s absolutely marvelous to see RC is blogging One Piece as well as getting another commentator. I’m hoping you’ll be able to continue with the anime for who knows how long it’ll last. XD

• April 17, 2010 at 10:51 pmItachizame

hehe thats be awesome.

• April 17, 2010 at 10:51 pmAecen

“but PLEASE for the love of god do not base your opinion of one piece from the awful worst dub ever created that aired on tv” fixed

• April 17, 2010 at 11:03 pmmonster

ohhh this will bee gooood :D

• April 17, 2010 at 11:03 pmK.L.

is the picture on the right from onani master kurosawa or am i just seeing things?

• April 17, 2010 at 11:04 pmRiK

OMG are you like my twin or something??? lol, your whole background is exactly like mines (except replace Sailorman with Dragonball Z and add Bleach somewhere in there hehe). Looking forward to your posts and good luck!

• April 17, 2010 at 11:09 pmraklaron

At last, a OP blogger ! @_@
    Welcome RC man ;)And yeah 4kids totally screwed up there…just leave OP alone :O
    Looking forward to your entries.

• April 17, 2010 at 11:11 pmlimchi

I opened up randomc looking for new anime coverage. I glanced over the title and thought to myself, “Nice! This is great news, my friend is really going to like that RC is finally covering OP.” I look at the author to see that this friend of mine is the author himself.
    This is where I went nuts.

Congrats man. I don’t think I’ve been as shocked as this in a while. I literally sat in my seat being excited for you for 10 minutes. I know how much this means to you to be part of this community where we shared our high school experiences together.

I’m still going nuts.

• April 18, 2010 at 10:31 amDarklord

WOW…that sounds awesome!
      I can only imagine how you must have felt.

As for me, I couldn’t be happier that my favorite manga/anime will be finally covered by my favorite anime blog.

• April 18, 2010 at 1:44 pmKiiragi

LOL I was going to tell you online, but you’re never available anyways. I’m not sure if you even checked RC anymore, but you were the one that told me about RC in the first place. Good times.

• April 17, 2010 at 11:29 pmEspada

now now no love for bleach D=

• April 17, 2010 at 11:39 pmSyouke

Welcome :), nice to see people contribute this new site.

• April 17, 2010 at 11:43 pmLightningJC

Thanks for posting OP in RC!

• April 18, 2010 at 12:08 amN0216332

^-^ so glad RC doing OP now… I read manga for bleach and naruto, but refuse to read OP, and have been told the manga is a lot better than anime tho (like apparently they always seems to be?).. as theres no such thing as a black and white adventure.

• April 18, 2010 at 12:20 ammutio

One Piece ftw yeah :D Welcome! ;)

• April 18, 2010 at 12:26 amFlareKnight

Have to say welcome and good luck.

Cool to have someone covering One Piece though. Hopefully covering the anime goes well.

• April 18, 2010 at 12:32 amShawn

WELCOME! hope you have fun. i was waiting for someone to say that ONE PIECE is the number one anime in RC ! looking forward :D

• April 18, 2010 at 1:12 amNice Holystone

“One Piece is the number one anime!” Lol.

• April 18, 2010 at 12:36 amJaysus

Sucks that this is coming after the most epic arc thus far in the manga, but the fallout of the Marineford arc should make for fun blogging.

• April 18, 2010 at 12:50 amPhosphatide

You cried twice watching Kanon? I like you already.

• April 18, 2010 at 1:01 amMonkeynails

Gotta love one piece :D

Oh, and welcome! Your love of one piece made me come out of the lurking shadows >.<

• April 18, 2010 at 1:05 amhautecc

Welcome you and one piece

• April 18, 2010 at 1:06 amXero12

Welcome aboard, plenty of love to be shared for the lovers of One Piece ^^

• April 18, 2010 at 1:09 amKevz

DAMN IT! IM WAITING FOR THIS!! YOU’RE A LIFE SAVIOUR! XD

• April 18, 2010 at 1:09 amSovereign`D

Welcome! :) Looking forward to your weekly coverage!

• April 18, 2010 at 1:23 amUnknownVoice

Oh great.

Now even RC is polluted by WAN PISS….

• April 18, 2010 at 2:00 amNice Holystone

Well, it’s not like they’re obligated to stick to anyone’s anime/manga standards.
      Random Curiosity blogs a lot of series I would have never watched by myself. But I check out new series and end up liking them because of this blog.

Dunno’ why you would be so negative to One Piece, especially if you haven’t checked it out for yourself.
      One Piece is freakin’ awesome

• April 18, 2010 at 2:41 amUnknownVoice

I did check it out… and thankfully managed to drop it.

there’s a limit on how many ridiculous powers, butt pirates, ridiculous-died-no-i-did-nots and goodie-converts-baddie I can take.

Frankly, I felt like watching DBZ, except there was no Vegeta.

If it was ~20-52 episode adventure/comedy series I might have had patience to sit through it, however turning a plot-less adventure series into never ending shounen is really bad idea.

After ~70 episodes or so I finally understood that plot is going nowhere and that episodes will most likely continue into ~1000′s. Every arc is the same thing over and over again.

Of course I understand that there ARE “omg secrets and plot twists to be” but sadly they will either turn out into some random crappy stuff, like it happens with most of shounen series OR by the time something IMPORTANT will be shown/said I will be an old old man.

And in the end, the good guys will win yet again and whatever shounen moral that was fed to everyone in each episode, will be reinforced yet again.

Frankly I am surprised by how overrated it is…

• April 18, 2010 at 3:22 amAlec

If u say, one piece is overrated, then i would say the same for Naruto & Bleach

• April 18, 2010 at 4:33 amUnknownVoice

And you would be saying pure truth. :)

All shounen manga are overrated :)

At least Naruto was good at what is needed for shounen series for first ~15 chapters or so.

• April 18, 2010 at 6:44 amLightningJC

Well UnknownVoice…what other animes do you recommend? Animes that are super NOT awesome? Shounen Jump beats your little fantasies you think up everyday! Do you expect the main character to die?… NO or else it will be the crappy animes you recommend. You try publishing your little lame fantasies and see if anyone would give a crap about it. I hope you’re stupid ideas will be heard…wish you good luck!

• April 18, 2010 at 9:33 amChen^2

@LightningJC: Wow, chill dude. Just because someone else doesn’t share your views on your favorite anime does not mean you should personally attack them… All he’s doing is sharing his opinions on a particular series. Not everyone likes the same things. ;D

• April 18, 2010 at 11:51 amNice Holystone

@Unknown Voice
        Well, personally, I think that Naruto and Bleach fit your description of a shounen series,
        but the latter part of the One Piece series to date just completely defies it.
        All I can do now is suggest that you might pick it up again to see for yourself!

• April 18, 2010 at 8:15 amUnknownVoice

Shounen Jump beats your little fantasies you think up everyday!

shounen jump beats nothing but fantasies of their demographic audience – 14 year old boys.

Do you expect the main character to die?…

yes, from a good story I expect deaths with high emotional value.

Oh and I except a lot of plot advancement, instead of ~20page filler chapters.

Oh and I also expect a lot of good character development without generalized good/evil crap.

Go read and watch real anime/manga instead being of fed the shounen crap :)

• April 18, 2010 at 10:39 amDarklord

So much bias…

I understand your problem with shounen manga and you are right about many things, but guess what – it’s still very exciting to watch and follow.

Nobody’s forcing you to follow it or read its reviews on RC, so please if you are just going to say how much it sucks, just…don’t.

• April 19, 2010 at 1:46 amLightningJC

Chen^2… I am only pissed off at UnknownVoice because you shouldn’t be criticizing someone’s post(Kiiragi). I think Kiiragi is trying to improve the RC society and not ruin it…so if UnknownVoice doesn’t like it then he shouldn’t say anything.

DON’T GO POSTING SOMETHING BAD IN SOMEONE’S POST…INSTEAD COMPLEMENT THEM AND SUPPORT THEM!
      (This goes to all the people that posted something like One Piece sucks, etc)

• April 18, 2010 at 1:25 amoutcast

jiiiiiiiiiiiiii

• April 18, 2010 at 1:46 amSascha84

awesome <3

• April 18, 2010 at 2:08 amjj

welcome, you just made my day! i’m so happy that you’re blogging the most epic manga of all time!

• April 18, 2010 at 2:14 amJurkasz

I’m not a One Piece-fan but welcome anyway :)

• April 18, 2010 at 2:16 amROFLWAFFLELAWL

Agreed. One piece is too damn crazy. The world is so damn huge (probably at least 5 times as big as Earth) anything is basically possible. Not in the sense like Bleach where everything and anything is possible (because they actually DO it). I mean holy balls. The first books of One Piece I have is the VERY first one and the Alabasta double books (where it shows Luffy and gang and the other has Crocodile and such). I love One Piece with all my heart and always wait in anticipation for the next chapter to come out. So many things happen so fast but at a pace that isn’t too fast. It’s just too good. Things you think might happen (in which you think of being plausible) actually turns out to be something else you didn’t really thing would happen (I say ‘really’ because some people though that something like ‘that’ might happen where as others didn’t even think things would turn out the way it does).

• April 18, 2010 at 3:04 amKitanoblade

Welcome Kiiragi , its nice to have some One Piece coverage

• April 18, 2010 at 3:06 amachluo

I’m not exactly a One Piece fan (probably because of our effin dubbers in our country) so I don’t watch it in TV. I was probably disappointed and given a bad side on One Piece (blindly) so thinking that you made this introductory post not just for yourself but also for One Piece, I might watch One Piece from the start with the commitment you made starting with a very, very long introductory post. It wasn’t boring (for me) though. So, good luck and welcome. :)

• April 18, 2010 at 3:19 amPazoozoo

Welcome and good luck ^^

• April 18, 2010 at 3:21 amAlec

just after the latest arc is finished xD….

• April 18, 2010 at 3:37 amimerik

Glad to welcome in new people blogging for the site. I’ve been watching the One Piece manga after an intense marathon catchup session.. Not really sure what inspired that since I dropped it after about 20 anime episodes in.

Still something about One Piece still amuses the hell out of me. They even have important people dying ~ something I love. So I’m glad to see you adding something in from the OP side to RC :D

Looking forward to enjoying your posts-

• April 18, 2010 at 3:46 amKewldude

Yo ujust made my day and gave me a reason to post. Yes, I totally agree with you. Absolutely nothing can take One Piece’s place as Number 1 ^_^ Thanks a lot and welcome. Hope we’ll all have a great time! ~_^ :D

• April 18, 2010 at 4:09 amayumikat

Yay! Someone who likes YYH. Welcome aboard. Looking forward to your coming posts on RC.

• April 18, 2010 at 4:13 amnaixil

YAY!! ONE PIECE!!!
    i also started my manga/anime life through Sailor Moon! though i much prefer the manga since the anime totally trashed it.

finally, someone from RC is blogging about one of the most awesome anime/manga ever. most of us fans will either go to APforums or Kaizoku Fansubs Forum, but this is really great to know. definitely looking forward to your posts.

YAY!! ONE PIECE!!!

• April 18, 2010 at 4:28 amPureauraa

Hmm… You’ve tempted me into giving it a chance again… will go watch again and see if I like it (4kids put me off the first time)

• April 18, 2010 at 5:42 amSirMuffin

Awesomeness… The new RandomC could use another writer… I look forward to your entries!

• April 18, 2010 at 5:51 amDdadain

I would have just phrased the headers as “So I heard RC needed some One Piece…?”

In anycase, One Piece would be a welcome addition, and I believe it can boost the sites popularity by a lot. I’m just hoping that the many of the HATERS out there would give this masterpiece a second look, rather than the general first impression of “quirky/weird/bad art”.

The color spreads are awesome, the story and plot are interwoven intricately, the characters are great, and unlike Bleach and Naruto, this baby still got 500+ chapters to go ^_^

• April 18, 2010 at 6:18 amxxstripes

Yay, even if I’m not a One Piece fan, it’s always nice to see new writers~ And your anime background is eerily similar to mine (Sailor Moon… ah, childhood). So, welcome!

• April 18, 2010 at 6:19 amGiostz

Glad to see that OP is going to be blogged. I too was turned off by the horrible 4kids sub. Luckily a friend convinced me to watch the proper one piece, most fun i had watching an anime in a while. Too bad after a marathon i went and started on the manga. Now i cant stop reading it. >_<

• April 18, 2010 at 6:20 amGiostz

Also welcome and good luck. =)

• April 18, 2010 at 6:21 amRaso

man we need some Negima lovin ><

• April 18, 2010 at 6:23 amlord genome

yehaaa!
    one piece
    this like totally awesome!
    (finally the best of the big 3 (in my oppinion the only good one)
    has found its way to RC)

• April 18, 2010 at 6:40 amAsuka