Graduation

Episodic blogging is hard work. Hours go into each post, and depending on what series, some hard thinking as well. Me? I’m surprised I went from, “oh, I don’t know if I can do one series every week” to “Five series a week? No problem.” If each post takes 2.5 hours on average, that’s almost 13 hours a week doing this blog. Heavy stuff.

And somewhere along the line, I started planning my retirement. There’s an amalgam of reasons, but simply put, I realized I’m a little tired of it all. Burnt out? I don’t really think so, but burnt out people do go into denial so maybe. It’s become quite apparent over the last half year that I’m more of a “quick thoughts on a series” guy rather than an “episodic impressions in detail”. There’s also a coming change in my schooling as well, and it’s going to require a lot more time and energy to focus on it to not become a hobo on the streets. So, rather than disappearing into thin air, I thought I’d do it properly with a farewell post.

Blogging here has definitely been an experience. It’s simply baffling that I do not view anime the same way as I did before coming here, but that’s actually due to the countless dialogues I’ve shared with Divine over the year. If you don’t want to get sucked into anime even more and watch things you swore you never would watch, do not talk to this person for any long period of time. He’s a little dangerous. Still, I think I’ll slink back to my picky elitist choices of anime to watch after this season soon enough (and disappoint Divine lololol). I also gained a very specific skillset of cropping and renaming a large amount of screencaps in record time, as well as make a post structured exactly like RC! …yeah probably not too useful in the future heh.

In the end, thanks for sticking with me. Time does fly, and it only feels like yesterday when it all started. There were the good times, the bad times, and always a bit of a struggle, but it’s been a decent run. Best wishes to the rest of the writers to continue on as long as possible, and continue to pray to your Gods that Divine doesn’t close the site if and when he burns out (the man is a beast so far hands down).

Just another writer making his mark on RC’s About Page, あばよ、ダチ公 (abayo, tachiko).

Note:

• Both shows continuing onto Summer season, S;G and AnE, will be taken care of. They won’t be dropped.
  • I will not be taking part in the final Retrospective for the spring season this month.
  • I’ll still be posting the rest of the episodes this week, which includes AnE today, S;G tomorrow, One Piece Manga Wednesday, Denpa finale Thursday, and GOSICK finale Friday. Then poof.
  • June 27, 2011 at 11:34 pm
    • June 27, 2011 at 11:37 pmAmiena

Ohh kiiragi! We’ll miss you so much! Thank you for all your hard work. I really enjoyed reading you posts. You made so many shows more interesting for me to watch!

• June 27, 2011 at 11:37 pmProoof

will miss your posts

• June 28, 2011 at 4:31 amHrmmm

This.

Abaiyo ja ne… *points to heart* isshou darou?

• June 28, 2011 at 4:35 amHrmmm

abayo*

*shoulder shrug*

• June 28, 2011 at 6:21 amBass.EXE

Indeed. You do what you gotta do, Kiiragi, but know that you won’t be easily forgotten. ಥ_ಥ

• June 27, 2011 at 11:42 pmaria

Aww, it really does feel like not too long ago that it started.
      Thanks for all of your hard work and best of luck for the future!

• June 27, 2011 at 11:43 pmObsidianTK

It’s been fun reading your posts. Peace out, man, and good luck with real life and all that.

• June 27, 2011 at 11:48 pminnerchihiro

Thank you for your work here. All the best.

• June 27, 2011 at 11:53 pmchaos

You said it best: It’s been fun, but so long…

Thanks for your help on RC and hope you have a happy life long after RC. :D

• June 27, 2011 at 11:54 pmDelwack

Thank you and good luck.

*salutes*

• July 6, 2011 at 7:45 pmBaKaYaRou

following *salutes* to Kiiragi ^^

• June 27, 2011 at 11:54 pmFlappy

Where will all the funny comments go? All the best in what you have in plan for the future, will miss your posts.

• June 27, 2011 at 11:56 pmYin

thank you for all of your hard work and immense dedication in bringing an invaluable contribution to RC! i’m sure a ton of readers here will surely miss you, and it’s always a sad day to see a writer retire.

best of luck in the future! =)

• June 28, 2011 at 12:05 ampimple

;___; Well, goodbye. I’ll miss your posts…

And hahah, I’ve even watched stuff just because of Divine’s posts xD

• June 28, 2011 at 12:08 ambertman4

Thanks. Enjoyed your posts. Best of luck.

• June 28, 2011 at 12:08 amBass

I’ve always loved your writing, it’s been a pleasure following your thoughts on Ano Hana this past season.

It’s sad to see a good writer go off but I guess everyone has to graduate eventually. All the best for the future and thanks for all the memories :)

• June 28, 2011 at 12:12 amJ Jay

I didn’t realise AnoHana was *that* disappointing!

/poorjoke

Okay, in all seriousness, thanks and good luck

• June 28, 2011 at 12:16 amKiiragi

Ahahahahaha

• June 28, 2011 at 12:13 amKumakaori

Sad to see you go. But if you must, then go with our best wishes ^_^.

It’s been great reading so many of your reviews on shows I’ve adored. Sharing opinions and being at odds on other things. It’s been fun~ See you Again~

~Kuma.

• June 28, 2011 at 12:21 amBROOKLYN otaku

HAHAHAHAAAAAAA! ……but seriosly, i still dont understand how ANY of you Fu#kers do it!! it’s truly comendable!!! this coming from an “anime chair quarterback” <whatever the hell dat is!? i could see that, how you could get into this type of thing and lose yourself in this nonstop sea of anime "tripe and fillet minion" and not no which way to turn but OUT hehehehe.
      I SALUTE YOU BRO!! i also SALUTE OMNI, I ALSO SALUTE EVERY MOTHER F&KER that has blessed us with their hard work on this site….in a society rampant with self entitlement issues and da mindset of no ones important but ME, you dudes went ABOVE AND BEYOND the call of duty for us. thanks man…i watched this site "only anime site i ever check" since the early beginning …,well long story short =if yall had stock i would consider investing LOL!!! thanks alot Pimpin!!!! although short…you paid ur Dues homie. BRING ON THE FRESH MEAT!!! until this site is down!!!

• June 28, 2011 at 12:26 amMaichain

Kiiragi noooo!! :(
      It’s so sad to see you go!
      I still remember when I saw your introduction post months ago, time flies.
      Why must time go by so fast? TnT

Nevertheless, thank you so much for all your posts, hard work and dedication. You will be missed ! Good luck in the future! :)

• June 28, 2011 at 12:27 amLectro Volpi

Oh boy, starts the final countdown? Will you drop in sometime? You are cool guy, thanks for your hard work!

I just have one Sadfrog under my sleeve (it was for C but I missed the timing) but now it will serve a better purpose, take it! :Sadfrog:

• June 28, 2011 at 12:31 amKoroshiya

Thank you for all of the hard work presented to us in the past and (near future). Though you seem to have grown increasingly cynical or maybe just more critical from the start till now so all I gota say is loose up a bit.

• June 28, 2011 at 12:32 amSpoilerMaker

Don’t overwork yourself, because you may end up like me – having to work most of the time with short breaks to relieve the stress ;-)

• June 28, 2011 at 12:33 amTakaii

What is this? :(

• June 28, 2011 at 1:45 amdeafvader

Lack of internal communication??

• June 28, 2011 at 2:25 amTakaii

Not really. That comment was in reference to something else ._.

• June 28, 2011 at 9:45 amSeishun Otoko

Jumping off the cliff again? hehe

• June 28, 2011 at 12:35 amTehJawknee

I must thank you for all the hard work you’ve done. You know I take quick shots at you here and there, but it’s all in good fun. I’m glad you’re thinking about the future and if it isn’t here, I’m sure you’ll make it wherever you go later on in life.

I hope you will do the occasional OVA or movie sometime in the future just so you keep your writing arm swinging. Thanks for all the great work and I hope to see you on IRC every once in a while.

Your friend,
      Jawknee

• June 28, 2011 at 12:36 amJo

Thanks for blogging..
      All the best mate!!

=)

• June 28, 2011 at 12:36 amhOmeRunDaisuki

i was gone for quite long and now i’m back, kiiragi’s going away? DX that’s sad.who’s next, divine?

LOL. ok, i was kidding.=}

• June 28, 2011 at 12:40 amhOmeRunDaisuki

you’ll be missed, dude.

thanks for your posts. XD

• June 28, 2011 at 1:51 amdeafvader

Divine already took a season break. Don’t start the jinx pls.

• June 28, 2011 at 2:00 amhOmeRunDaisuki

jinx isn’t real. LOL

anyway, Divine is a precious person on this site, so nobody wishes for him to leave. =}

• June 28, 2011 at 12:40 amGreg

Take care! Hope you stick around and pester the other writers like us others. :)

• June 28, 2011 at 12:41 amSerapita

Thanks for all the work and best of wishes to you!

• June 28, 2011 at 12:43 amDonTe

I’ll miss your over attention to details and your spot-on predictions!
      Take it easy man.

• June 28, 2011 at 12:47 amClick

Well, I didn’t see this coming. I’ll definitely miss your posts man. Hopefully you can comment some time or keep visiting IRC (even though I pretty much don’t use it).

• June 28, 2011 at 12:48 amprejsu

Thanks for your effort mate, gonna miss reading your posts!

• June 28, 2011 at 1:12 amMorridin

Thanks for all the great blogs!

• June 28, 2011 at 1:22 amBlue Six

Thanks, and good luck!

• June 28, 2011 at 1:23 amlkaze

When i read this post, i thought i can’t be someone is quitting. After reading it, i say i’m pretty sad that you will be going. On contrary to the more popular episodic impression i actually prefer your quick thought more. In fact i remember you brought it up before, asking people preference to how you should write the blog.
      Reason i like your blog better is because i rather want to hear the blogger thought of the anime compare to episodic impression. I know the latter have more detail of the episode but i don’t really need a description of anime i just watch on letter. Just hearing your thought of what you feel about the episode let me think more deeply regarding the episode more. No offense to the episodic impression writer.
      **Kiiragi** Just because you quit as blogger, doesn’t mean you have to leave the blog, right? You can still write the comment here on you favorite anime.

• June 28, 2011 at 1:24 amSkins Thunderbomb

So long and thanks for the fish. :3

• June 28, 2011 at 1:30 amTama

Thanks so much for all your hard work! I really enjoy reading your blogs!

• June 28, 2011 at 1:32 amtomoyostar

さようなら。

• June 28, 2011 at 1:35 amMc-Taz

Thank you for your blog coverage Kiiragi! I enjoyed the Gosick posts and I will look forward to seeing the finale post. (Make it awesome!)

Good luck to you for where you’re headed next. :)

• June 28, 2011 at 1:45 amdeafvader

Thanks for everything and keep the anime dream in your heart!

• June 28, 2011 at 1:49 amoutcast

You didn’t just dissapear in thin air! plus 96 internetz for you. Goodluck to all your future endavours.

• June 28, 2011 at 1:49 amPuffyPrincess

Oh man I can’t believe this…

Cya around, and good luck with life.

• June 28, 2011 at 1:54 amComMe

‘s been good chatting with you in IRC. Hope you still stick around in there.
      All the best with life and not landing on the streets like a hobo.

Sayonara Kii-crab

• June 28, 2011 at 2:02 amKinny Riddle

It was entertaining to have read your contributions to this blog, AnoHana was perhaps the perfect swansong.

Here’s wishing you all the best on whatever you shall be doing, RC will not be the same without you.

• June 28, 2011 at 2:03 amMagnus

Abayo, dachiko.

• June 28, 2011 at 2:28 amBakanekokun

Salute-Man, the ride was fun. No words can express the bittersweet feeling about your departure. Good Luck and THANK YOU for all the things you contribute.

• June 28, 2011 at 2:29 amThe17thNoah

you will be missed good sir ಥ_ಥ thank you for all your hard work *goodbye hug*(っ>_<)っ

• June 28, 2011 at 2:36 amSirMuffin

Really enjoyed your blogging dude! Hope everything goes well for you…

• June 28, 2011 at 2:36 amRickyMack

Thank you for all the fish! Best of luck in the future, if only all of us were so lucky to have a mom like keima to buy us multiple video game consoles.

• June 28, 2011 at 2:39 amgracias66

first Omni and now you
      i gonna return to my room to cry all day again

• June 28, 2011 at 2:42 amVii

Gaaaaaaaaaah thanks for everything. Disappointing, but understandable. We’ll miss you! Good luck with school!

• June 28, 2011 at 2:42 amAndré

Oh, too bad for us. You could keep following at least one series (even if it’s just an OVA series). ;( Either way, it was nice to have you here.

• June 28, 2011 at 2:55 amamado

ah just when I really started to love your writing style, thoughts, and attitude.
      I was hoping this just meant you finished with school…

well hope you visit and blog from time to time.

• June 28, 2011 at 3:03 amUchiha-Chan

Good bye and Good Luck! We’ll miss you!

• June 28, 2011 at 3:14 amShirt

As they say, you’ve only got two hands. Good luck with the career getup because it really boils down to good ol fashioned hard labor.

• June 28, 2011 at 3:29 amJaden

Didn’t see this one coming but I understand how hard this volunteer gig is especially with school. Most of the shows I’m watching this season are covered by you and even though I’m way (WAY!) behind in my shows I still read the weekly posts, spoilers included (S;G FFFFF…). Just want to say thanks and I always find your thoughts very entertaining.

Your witty comments will be missed and of course you too.

• June 28, 2011 at 3:34 amFalcen

GOOD RIDDANCE!

…but seriously, I really enjoyed your posts Kiiragi. You will be missed.

• June 28, 2011 at 3:34 amChiew

This is my second post in this blog…
      Good luck !
      Just wonder how many more farewell that i will see before my turn.. :(

• June 28, 2011 at 3:50 amlorenzo

Goodbye Kiiragi!!!!

• June 28, 2011 at 4:14 amsherry

Thanks for your hard work until now!

• June 28, 2011 at 4:30 amSoiyeruda

Can’t believe it’s been a year since you started blogging on IRC. I appreciate your hard work, will miss your cynical, though entertaining posts, and wish you good luck for the future.

• June 28, 2011 at 4:41 amTofu

Dude like… oh shit man, I wish you the best for the future man and it’s been fun talking a bit here and there with ya over at your Denpa posts ;D I sent an invitation to your gmail, not sure if you got it or not but I guess this is goodbye ey… I kinda started following RC more because of you Kiiragi :D

Selamat Malam…

• June 28, 2011 at 5:07 amKitsu

Hell, I hate changes!

• June 28, 2011 at 5:15 amangecornu

Thanks for your hard work! I really enjoyed your posts. Goodbye! We will miss you!

• June 28, 2011 at 5:23 amVictor3y

See you later

• June 28, 2011 at 5:25 amsiovannie

Aww, that’s too bad! I was always looking forward to your OP manga post each week. But I understand where you’re coming from. So good luck with your school! What will happen to the OP posts? Will someone take it over, or will it disappear?

• June 28, 2011 at 5:32 amsheenzu

thanks for your time :) i picked up steins;gate and ano hi mita thanks to ur posts.
      good luck in the real world.

• June 28, 2011 at 5:36 amRin-kun

Nooooo! Not you Kiiragi :C. Don’t go. I love you! D:

But in all seriousness, it’s going to be a shame to see you go. I found your way of writing to be very fresh and rewarding as well as having some sort of easy charm to them. You were on my favorites. Have fun in your future endeavors though. Thanks for the posts. Cya later space cowboy. :3

• June 28, 2011 at 5:57 amRichard

Who wouldn’t? You were covering a fuck load of series!

• June 28, 2011 at 5:59 amZeuradin

Kiiragi – I (almost) always enjoyed your posts, good insights and very well written. All the best in the future.

• June 28, 2011 at 6:16 amPera

You will be missed Kiiragi. Random Curiosity won’t be the same without you

• June 28, 2011 at 6:18 amterru

Sad to see you go, Kiiragi. Thanks for all the thoughts and insights over the past year.

• June 28, 2011 at 6:22 amreminbee

Thanks for working on the blog and writing for us!

• June 28, 2011 at 6:33 amPotNoodle123

It’s been a blast reading your posts mate. Thanks so much for all your hard work and best of luck for the future, wherever that takes you.

• June 28, 2011 at 6:35 amBambi

Aww noo.. : /
      Thank you for your hard work, gonna miss you. *insert See you space cowboy here* Good luck!

• June 28, 2011 at 6:39 amhugo

Thank you for your hard work!!

• June 28, 2011 at 6:40 amOhnam

Thank you for the work you have done, this blog site has opened up my eyes to more stories than I normal would have seen. Normally I would have stuck with shounen style but I remember reading the True Tears and Clanand posts and was blown away how much you guys cared for the stories. I then started watching them and you guys opened my eyes.

I thank you all, especially Divine for enriching my world.

• June 28, 2011 at 6:54 amSilivious

Thanks for all the work you’ve done up to this point, and hope you have a good time after. :)

• June 28, 2011 at 7:06 amPockyG

お疲れ様. Hope you will still troll IRC.

• June 28, 2011 at 7:13 amMonks

Ah, you were my favorite blogger on the site, able to smoothly inject some humor(Smoothsuke still comes to mind) into most of your posts. Would it be too much to ask that you drop back down to say 1 show a week instead of breaking off entirely? 2.5 hours a week seems a good deal easier to manage than 13. Either way. thanks for staying as long as you did, you will be missed.

Also, I know you said it wasn’t a burn out, but I wonder if things would have been different if more writers had been picked up back when Divine went on break. I recall some people saying even then that leaving the rest of the writers to take up the slack, even if they were perfectly willing to try, would likely lead to one of them burning out soon enough. Picking up additional people to split the shows would have likely lengthened that time frame, though it certainly would have meant more work in finding someone capable / training them to post.

• June 28, 2011 at 7:25 amSeishun Otoko

Thanks for your hard work, Kiiragi. Should have realised you were burning out when you referred to yourself as a third person (Kii?) in the Ao no Exorcist post LOL
      Your sarcasm and keen insights (fake Menma wearing a watch?) really set you apart from the rest of the writers and you will be greatly missed
      Hope we’ll still get to read your input in the comments section from time to time. Take care and all the best.

• June 28, 2011 at 7:31 amLeticia

Good luck and thank you for everything you’ve worked!

• June 28, 2011 at 7:41 amTaichi_EX

Thanks for all of your hard work. I wish you good luck on your future.

• June 28, 2011 at 7:54 amjrj

Kiiragi, you will be missed…
      hope you will still hang around on IRC and such…
      enjoyed a lot of your posts, quite fun to read!
      Best wish to your life in general :) and hope you won’t get too picky with anime :3

• June 28, 2011 at 7:57 amNeo_NMO

kii-hime! nuuuuu…. you’ll still visit us on IRC, right?

• June 28, 2011 at 10:00 amCroos

I’ll give him a nice boat ending if he doesn’t

• June 28, 2011 at 8:02 amKapatid

This is your bro in the Philippines saying; goodbye and thank you for all the fifteen minutes I got from visiting you.

Wish you luck man 3D world is harsh.

• June 28, 2011 at 8:07 amInfinitas

You’re my favorite writer on here. Thank you and wish you the best for everything.

• June 28, 2011 at 8:12 amcybersteel

Farewell Kii-kun. Had a blast with your sarcasm and such. Good luck in the real world.

• June 28, 2011 at 8:13 amJustinnnnnn

It was fun while it lasted…Right, Simon?

Like many said…

Your posts were a fresh addition to the site; it’ll be sad not to have you around anymore. I liked reading your posts even if they were about animes I didn’t know a thing about….You balanced analysis with humor So. Good.
      …I’ll really miss them and, above all else, you!

Take care, and good luck with life dude! You better kick reason to the curb, and do the impossible :D !

• June 28, 2011 at 8:17 amAkumetzu

Sayonara ._. and thank you

• June 28, 2011 at 8:30 amsealouse

Ok. Thanks for your time and contribution to the site.

• June 28, 2011 at 8:33 amra

abayo we will miss you

• June 28, 2011 at 8:35 amPoiira

Man Kiiragi…. We’ll miss you, but hey, real life trumps. I’ve really enjoyed reading your posts over the past months; here’s hoping you’ll come back and visit sometime, huh?

• June 28, 2011 at 8:48 amMGO

you will be dearly missed!! thanks for all your hard work :’)

• June 28, 2011 at 8:49 amKiiragi’sAFag

• June 28, 2011 at 8:50 amMisa

I will certainly miss you Kiiragi, thank you for your time and contribution to this awesome site. Good luck with everything in your life, I hope you drop by every once in awhile.

• June 28, 2011 at 8:56 amShinmarizu

Thank you for your insightful posts. You will be missed.

• June 28, 2011 at 8:56 amHagiri

Thanks for the hard work Kiiragi~
      Everyone on RC will miss your posts~
      Don’t forget to drop by from time to time~

• June 28, 2011 at 9:05 amArcad

^^WHat they said, at least pop in from time to time and comment on stuff.

• June 28, 2011 at 9:06 amSakana-chan

Thank you for everything.
      As one of you’r fan i bid you FAREWELL!SAYONARA!
      MATHANE KIIRAGI-chan, or kun? :D :D :D

• June 28, 2011 at 9:10 amAbel88

thx for all the hard work you’ve done so far!!

and Good luck with real life stuff!!

• June 28, 2011 at 9:18 amewok40k

So long, and thanks for all the posts!
      I am actually thinking on applying to blog a show or 2 next season…

• June 28, 2011 at 9:23 amJo

Bye Kiirage ;w; ! I never post here … but I always love your posts |D ~
      Good luck with life !

• June 28, 2011 at 9:38 amMentar

Awww :) … thanks for all the fish! And come back when you feel like it again!

• June 28, 2011 at 9:42 ambullrogg

thanks for being a gangsta on this site man. Good luck and have fun with whatever your gonna do :D.

• Newer Comments »