Introduction – “Stilts Has Joined Your Party!”

Stilts

Hello everyone! My name is Stilts1, and I’m the latest chump new writer that you might have heard about. Are you excited? Because I sure am! I’m really looking forward to writing for you all, and bringing you the most insightful analysis I can dredge up from the far corners of my dark, twisted and eldritch horror-infested mind. That’s a promise ; )

Okay, so a little about myself. It’s hard for me to pinpoint exactly when I got into anime, because I have a crappy memory. I remember rushing back from school as a little’un to catch the latest episode of Dragon Ball Z, and I know I first watched Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop and a few others on Toonami sometime after that, but those weren’t really the start. They just primed the pump. Probably the start was watching Naruto and Bleach during my freshman year of college. I distinctly remember marathoning ~50 episodes of Bleach over the course of a day or two. That’s when it really started to take off.

Since then I’ve watched quite a number of series, the list of which can be found over at my MAL (though I just created it, so I’m still adding everything). If I had to name a few shows that were my favorites…well, I would refuse, because naming only a few would be impossible. But put a gun to my head, and I’d probably have to say series like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Toradora, The World God Only Knows…and then remember there are 25 other letters in the alphabet, swiftly plummet into despair (“zetsubou shita!“) and get shot. Worth it!

stilts-2

As far as genres go, my tastes are quite insane diverse. I love epic adventures, romantic comedies, heartfelt dramas, shounen slugfests and anything where the ridiculousness is dialed up to 14 before the knob breaks off and you can only sit back and watch in unfettered glee as it either turns into the most awesome thing you’ve ever seen, or the biggest train wreck the anime blogosphere has seen in years2. And if you give me a show with any three of those things – Fullmetal Alchemist, Infinite Stratos, Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, Sora no Otoshimono, Baka to Test, etc. – you’ll probably have to tie me down and bludgeon me with a broken pool cue to get me to shut up about it. You’ve been warned!

Outside of my massive anime fandom, I’m a writer. My job involves writing boring business crap that doesn’t bear mentioning further, but in my free time I write exciting fantasy novels full of adventure, love, comedy, epic fight scenes and copious amounts of explosions…so, you know, all the stuff I love about anime! I haven’t published anything yet, but I’m working on that now. By the way, would you all do me a favor? I’m always trying to improve my writing, so if I ever write a real stinker here3, will you please call me out on it in the comments? Constructive criticism is always appreciated. Thank you very much!

Anyway, I’ve been rambling for too long now, so I’d better wrap this up. I look forward to bringing you my thoughts of some of the craziest, most ridiculous and off-the-wall awesome shows that Dai Nippon has to offer. I’ll be starting the insanity off with High School DxD and Zero no Tsukaima F, so look forward to it, ne?

Now I’ll end this in what I believe is the traditional Random Curiosity way:
スティルツです。どうぞよろしく。
Stilts desu. Douzo yoroshiku!

P.S. I love footnotes, in case you couldn’t tell. You can blame Terry Pratchett for that. Oh, and I also love semicolons; I’m not sure who is to blame for that one, but when I figure it out I’ll be sure to let you all know, so that appropriate retribution can be meted out.
P.P.S. I’m also on twitter. I’ll be commenting on all the shows I watch over there, so if you’re in need of a Stilts fix, that’s the place to get it!

_________________________
1 My name isn’t actually Stilts, of course, but I do respond to it IRL. When you’re 6’7” and as skinny as a scarecrow, you get fun nicknames like that.
2 Which, to be fair, can be pretty awesome as well.
3 Or anything really good, but let’s face it, that’s not real likely…ouch, I just hurt my feelings.

January 1, 2012 at 6:58 pm
  • January 1, 2012 at 7:09 pmNice

A six foot and a half and another inch came to write in RC? This calls for a huge introduction, welcome here in RC!

• January 1, 2012 at 7:12 pmnice

and by introduction, I mean celebration!!

• January 2, 2012 at 12:17 amLemon

Welcome! But please cover one piece and I’ll love you even more

• January 1, 2012 at 7:14 pmiHos

will we ever see author here who’s into gore type anime? so far only all the same, adventure, drama, romance, action lovers with happy-happy thoughts

• January 1, 2012 at 7:39 pmStilts

I’m afraid I’m going to disappoint you there. I like a good fountain of blood as much as the next guy (hello, Mirai Nikki!), but I’m a pretty happy-happy guy overall. Right now, at least. With how my tastes fluctuate, that might change!

• January 2, 2012 at 1:58 ammochaholic

Hmm, I’m curious to know what specific titles you had in mind for gore as it’s not readily available and most will be censored out anyway. Not that I like gore.

Or did you mean darker series? Coz that would be a more general genre that could be filled if it hasn’t been already.

• January 1, 2012 at 7:16 pmsudachi

Welcome aboard! Will definitely look forward to your coverage of High School DxD this season :)

• January 1, 2012 at 7:19 pmRyua

> Likes Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon

I love you already. Welcome to RC!

• January 1, 2012 at 7:41 pmStilts

That show is awesome! I saved the last episode as my first-anime-of-2012 show. Gotta start off the year right, eh?

• January 1, 2012 at 9:31 pmPride

Haha I do that all the time. New Years Resolution? Start off with a good anime hahaa

• January 1, 2012 at 9:59 pmZen

Shame, really that Horizon wasn’t blogged here last season. But I guess it was inevitable considering how the show was (somewhat) unpopular. I personally contend, however, that Horizon’s complex faction dynamics made the show one of the season’s most interesting. A flamboyant main character and an interesting dramatic element didn’t hurt things either.

But in the end it seems like the very same things that made Horizon so interesting also made it cripplingly inaccessible. The sheer complexity of the plot (Due to a surplus of characters and factions) and the unorthodox, sometimes convoluted approach to the relationship between the lead couple more likely than not drove many away from this show, making it one of the season’s most underrated (along with my personal favorite, UN-GO).

Other than that, welcome to the site, Stilts! Glad to see another who recognizes that there is value in all genres of anime; looking forward to your first posting!

• January 1, 2012 at 10:14 pmStilts

I know what you mean, Zen. I was actually fortunate…I forgot about Horizon until something like the 9th episode, so I was able to go through all the introductory, tougher-to-chew episodes in a row. Still, I don’t think it would have mattered…I was hooked by the end of Episode 1, heh. Go go Mr. Impossible!

• January 2, 2012 at 2:45 amRyua

It was the setting an the ensemble cast that made fall in love with Horzion, too. I was sad that RC stopped doing the coverage just when the episodes started to become better. It did seem slow-paced and really information-heavy, but that’s what you get for adapting a light novel that isn’t light at all. Hopefully with you now in the crew, the second season gets covered!

• January 2, 2012 at 9:41 amStilts

I definitely want to do season 2, and actually divine has mentioned that he might like to do it too, so I’m sure it will get covered. Perhaps we will duel for it…I’m thinking a dance off? :D

• January 1, 2012 at 7:19 pmUmadbro?

Welcome!
    random curiosity will become a famous web 1 day :)

• January 1, 2012 at 7:20 pmMabo

Welcome Stilts :)

• January 1, 2012 at 7:24 pmSheapy

Another Terry Pratchett reader. +∞

• January 1, 2012 at 7:28 pmSheapy

+ BLUE

• January 1, 2012 at 7:44 pmStilts

Terry Pratchett is AMAZING. Pratchett and anime are the reason I write. If I ever find something that’s like Night Watch spliced with anime, I will die a happy man.

Hurm, that’s a good idea. I just might need to write that…

• January 1, 2012 at 7:27 pmKelfistan

Welcome to the Random Curiosity. It is an honour to meet you. I hope your stay here will be awe inspiring.

• January 1, 2012 at 7:28 pmjrj

welcome on board, Stilts :)
    it is always awesome to see new crew members join this awesome blog :)
    looking forward to see your posts, and good luck with RL :)
    ps. get in the randomc IRC channel if you have time, I am sure people will love you there as well :3

• January 2, 2012 at 2:09 amCroos

hehehe you already stole my line. oh well :3

• January 1, 2012 at 7:30 pmSurya

Welcome, I look forward to reading your reviews. :)

• January 1, 2012 at 7:41 pmMiharu~

Welcome :D
    I’ll be looking forward to read your posts specially the Zero no Tsukaima F ones *0*!!

• January 1, 2012 at 7:41 pmFlappy

Looking forward to your posts!!

• January 1, 2012 at 7:46 pmSilivious

Horizon watcher…you get my thumbs up instantly when I read that. XD I also saved it for midnight as my first anime to watch of the year. XD Man…I can’t wait for the 2nd season. :D

• January 1, 2012 at 7:50 pmAsianDisaster

Err, you sound like an exciting writer! My favorite writer had always been Kiiragi… before he left. And that was because he wrote incredibly exciting analysis’s on the shows he covered. You seem a little more dialed down than him, but still incredibly interesting. Hopefully, you can take his place! Oh gawd, I’m putting on too much pressure, aren’t I? XD Okay, welcome. Anyways, you’ll be covering Zero no Tsukaima F, which I’ll be watching, so I’m looking forward to your reviews of each episode :D

• January 1, 2012 at 8:10 pmStilts

Oh gods, the pressure! What have I gotten myself into, I’LL NEVER BE ABLE TO DO IT!!

Well, I’m going to try to try to bring the excitement to every post I write. Shouldn’t be too hard…I love anime, so it’s easy to be excited about it :)

• January 1, 2012 at 8:17 pmSpencer

“As far as genres go, my tastes are quite insane diverse. I love epic adventures, romantic comedies, heartfelt dramas, shounen slugfests and anything where the ridiculousness is dialed up to 14 before the knob breaks off and you can only sit back and watch in unfettered glee as it either turns into the most awesome thing you’ve ever seen, or the biggest train wreck the anime blogosphere has seen in years.”

I like you already.
    P.S: When you said “…the biggest train wreck the anime blogosphere has seen in years,” were you referring to Bleach.

• January 1, 2012 at 8:35 pmStilts

Haha, ziiing! But alas, I can’t say that I was…I dropped Bleach a while ago =X Somewhere around the seventeen-thousandth power up I got bored. Same thing with Naruto too (well, actually the fillers got me on that one). I’m hoping that Fairy Tail will keep going strong, though…

• January 1, 2012 at 9:34 pmPride

My friends say Zing all the time, but I’m wondering if it’s the same Zing as yours. Mind describing your Zing? lol

• January 1, 2012 at 9:44 pmskylaris

Ahh Are you watching fairytail? I love you already! ~ And welcome to RC!

PS. I’m looking forward towards your Zero posts!

• January 1, 2012 at 10:11 pmStilts

My zing is elongated in the middle, and high/sing-song at the end. Does that answer your question? :D

And actually, I misspoke on Fairy Tail…I’m READING that one (the manga), not watching it. I actually marathoned the manga ~2 months before the anime was announced, so I didn’t feel like seeing the same story again so soon :) I gather the anime has been really faithful though, so it’s probably about the same thing.

• January 2, 2012 at 2:03 ammochaholic

Curious to know what train wreck you were referring to as well. My first thought was Code Geass, though I’m in the same boat with Bleach and Naruto as well. Bleach WAS the first series I thought of when Eiji in Bakuman said he wanted authority to end one long running series.

• January 2, 2012 at 9:43 amStilts

Nothing in particular, just talking. I’m hoping that the Ultimate Train Wreck(TM) is still to come…

• January 2, 2012 at 11:50 amSeishun Otoko

I’m guessing you haven’t seen Blood-C? :P

• January 3, 2012 at 6:24 pmRyuuroden

If you want to experience some ultimate trainwreaks let me give you 3. Jyu-Oh-Sei, Tokko, and School Days. (good ol’ Niceboat)

• January 1, 2012 at 8:26 pmJusta_Dream

Awesome, a new writer! The way you got into anime is exactly the way I did lol and it seems we both like the same stuff so I can’t wait to read your posts!!! I’ll be watching both the shows you’re covering so i’ll definitely be reading your reviews!

• January 1, 2012 at 8:40 pmThe Moondoggie

Nice to know the writers won’t try overworking themselves. I was kinda worried how the Winter 2012 sked looked earlier.

Question: are you really going to do only 2 this season?

• January 1, 2012 at 8:48 pmStilts

For now. Divine suggested that I take it slow this season, to get into the routine without trying to do too much too quickly, and personally I’m not about to argue with the master. Not until I’ve leveled up some more, at least.

(I brought it back to the RPG motif from the title, tehehe :3)

• January 1, 2012 at 10:16 pmThe Moondoggie

Oh ok.

Well congratulations on being chosen anyway. And good luck getting all the exp. you needed.

• January 1, 2012 at 8:44 pmBass.EXE

I’m glad to see there’s another writer on RC who seems to be my age outside of Divine and possibly Enzo. It always helps me feel less “immature” since most of my friends and coworkers think that all cartoons and comics are meant only for children. Anyways, I already like your writing style (love the enthusiasm) and can’t wait to see…er, read more.

• January 1, 2012 at 10:17 pmStilts

I know what you mean. Some of my friends and family are STILL waiting for me to grow up. They have no idea how long they’re going to have to wait…

• January 3, 2012 at 11:27 pmKob264

Good Sir, I am officially your new fan.

Welcome.

• January 1, 2012 at 8:49 pmPhantomPhreek

I like the way you roll, looking forward to your reviews.

• January 1, 2012 at 8:51 pmmaddoki

Welcome aboard !! I’ll be looking forward to read your post, and (btw) Happy new year, my fellow FMA fan ;3

• January 1, 2012 at 9:13 pmSuppa Tenko

Do you like Super Robot Wars? Actually do you like mecha in general?

• January 1, 2012 at 10:31 pmStilts

I like some mecha shows (Evangelion, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Full Metal Panic), but I wouldn’t say it’s one of “my” genres. And by that I mean that if there’s a silly romcom or a a fantasy adventure show, I’ll watch it no matter how bad it is, heh. With mecha I’m a little more discerning. Though I never really got into Gundam, so I maybe that’s part of the reason, heh.

Oh, and I haven’t seen or played any of the Super Robot Wars stuff, so I’m not sure if I like it or not!

• January 2, 2012 at 1:43 amprinny

Welcome aboard stilts! To bad you’re not a mecha fan, since I am Gundam

• January 2, 2012 at 8:09 pmSuppa Tenko

Super Robot Wars is basically 26 episodes of condensed mecha action and pure awesomeness. Its based on the Super Robot Wars Original Generation games. Divine probably knows more than me about it though. I enjoy it because of its sheer entertainment value. You know how in most Gundam series or Super Robot series, you usually have characters that are unlikable and require severe character development? Well in SRW, there are no unlikable main characters because they are all awesome and have positive personalities. And the mechas in there are cool, really really cool.

• January 2, 2012 at 9:15 pmStilts

This show now has my complete attention. I’m going to find it, download it and put it on my desktop, where it will glare at me until i finally cave and lose a weekend marathoning them all. Should be fun :D

BTW, which series am I looking for? Divine Wars (heh) and Inspector? Not sure if you’re talking about the more recent ones, or the retro ones.

• January 1, 2012 at 9:30 pmKentaiyoshimi

Your enthusiasm is extremely infectious. I’m really looking forward to your posts.

• January 1, 2012 at 9:40 pmtenchu1990

welcome welcome~hah looking forward to read your post~.~

• January 1, 2012 at 10:27 pmPellino

Welcome :)

• January 1, 2012 at 10:29 pmc2710

welcome…. looking fwd to ur posts

• January 1, 2012 at 10:33 pmMrRei

Welcome to RC Stilts.. and I’m glad to see you joining the crazy people in the IRC.. XD

• January 1, 2012 at 10:49 pmStilts

IRC has already mentally scarred me a little bit. So many bodies… *shudders*

:D I kid i kid! …mostly.

• January 1, 2012 at 10:45 pmbullrogg

Welcome stilts, way to kick off the new year w/ your show lineup

• January 1, 2012 at 10:54 pmAlsace

Welcome~! Somehow your writing style sounds very lovable 8D Hope to read your blogposts on anime this year ^^

• January 1, 2012 at 11:06 pminfo600

I’m looking forward to read your insights on the various shows.

• January 1, 2012 at 11:12 pmgandalf8

Welcome to the gang, Stilts. Good to see a respectable writer who appreciates Terry Pratchett books and the effective uses of footnotes. :)

Looking forward to what you’re gonna bring to the table with your coverage of High School Dxd and Zero no Tsukaima F. Your style of writing is definitely interesting, so here’s to hoping you’ll give us a new dimension on the anime reviews on this here website.

• January 1, 2012 at 11:34 pmBeeonacar

Oh my YOU SOUND LIKE FUN :DDDDD
    +10000 points to you!!
    Welcome welcomeeeeee Stilts :3

• January 2, 2012 at 12:03 amsLaDk

Hahaha, welcome aboard! I can hear excitement and a good sense of humour shouting out loud from your intro, so yeah, I’m looking forward to read your posts :D

• January 2, 2012 at 12:09 amSaangi

Welcome to RC!!!!!

Looking forward to your reviews of Zero no Tsukaima F and other future reviews! Enjoy your time here!

Hopefully we will get to see your Novel Coming out soon!

• January 2, 2012 at 12:43 amMM

Glad to hear about a new writer in Random Curiosity. Welcome! :) Hope to read and see interesting posts from you this season :) Side note: its okay to get into an anime series and talk about it. Makes a series more interesting :D

• January 2, 2012 at 12:43 amPuffyPrincess

Welcome to RC, I’m sure you’ll do a great job! Judging from what you’ve already done, everyone will love you. I like your enthusiastic/happy style of writing, it’s really infectious! :D

• January 2, 2012 at 12:50 amNhelraios

Welcome welcome.

After reading your post, pretty sure you’ll be a perfect fit for Highschool DxD. Looking forward to your posts
    Stits!

• January 2, 2012 at 12:51 amdaitro

Hey nigga, its good we got niggas excited to write for this shit…welcome to RC :)

• January 2, 2012 at 1:35 amMysterious Secret

Good thing an optimist will be covering Zero no tsu and highschool DXD… welcome to RC….just passin’ by

• January 2, 2012 at 1:43 amComM3

I look forward to reading and commenting on your posts and on the very rare occasion letting you know that you’re missing a certain vowel in a certain sentence XD. See you in IRC.

• January 2, 2012 at 1:54 ammochaholic

Well, you definitely sound fun. I too like strikethroughs and alliteration (I see what you did there). Personally, I have what I call a crack threshold and at first read you sounded like you go for way past that. But you cited some of the few crazy shit out there that I actually enjoyed so we may have more similar tastes than I thought. I’m looking forward to how your writing style translates in a review :)

• January 2, 2012 at 3:05 amHagiri

A New Year and a new writer!!!

Welcome to Random Curiosity Stilts!!!

Looking forward to your posts.

You write fantasy novels?
    Cool !!!

I’m currently hooked on reading fantasy novels at the moment not knowing when I’ll be switching back to manga. I just finished v2 of Legend of the Sun Knight, Awesome Novel!!!, the rest of the volumes are still being translated.

Welcome again to RC Stilts!

• January 2, 2012 at 3:18 amLouis

Welcome to Divine’s nest. :>

• January 2, 2012 at 3:32 amEri

YOKOSO!

I look forward to reading your reviews! :D

Goodluck!

• January 2, 2012 at 4:33 amFlamand

My god, a new writer who fancies good ol’ TP, how utterly fabulous. Thanks for mentioning the night watch, I’ll be sure to read that novel some day. Might I say your style of writing is very fluent.

P.s. you (and Kurogane (is that considered cheating on RC?))have inspired me to watch Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon.

• January 2, 2012 at 4:37 amDokupe

Looking forward on your reviews.

• January 2, 2012 at 4:49 amFaye

You seem really cool! Even just this post was amusing to read, and I love the three favorites you mentioned. OMG you are almost a full 20 inches taller than me Welcome to RC. I look forward to reading your reviews! :)

• January 2, 2012 at 4:51 amJiCi

I’ll make it short: Welcome aboard !

• January 2, 2012 at 5:02 amMrBrownSound

Horror infested mind you say? I’ll like you, I know it, how can I not? when I think of you I’ll think of sunoharah from clannad from now on.

• January 2, 2012 at 9:54 amStilts

Hey, I appreciate that very much…and a toilet seat cover! :3

• January 2, 2012 at 5:22 amSekai

Hold on a second…You read Terry Pratchett, One Piece, Pandora Hearts and you use footnotes?

I think I‘m in love just found a new favourite writer! Welcome abroad! I eagerly await your posts, Stilts-Sama!

And please cover One Piece? Pretty please?

• January 2, 2012 at 6:15 amJusuchin (Military Otaku)

XD You too? I’m liking him already.

• January 2, 2012 at 6:11 amnibill

Nice to see there are others who like Infinite Stratos :D

• January 2, 2012 at 6:13 amJusuchin (Military Otaku)

AAAUUUGHHHH

Why must you spill over to my life, CMOS? (Well, it was technically APSA’s citation but APSA is weird in that only a few professors asked for us to use APSA with one prof saying there is little difference between Chicago and American PoliSci’s citation guides and one even said he doesn’t give a damn as long as we gave him sources and alot just said MLA because it was easier..but I digress.)

And sweet, a business writer. -Throws both Keynes vs. Hayek rap battles at you-

• January 2, 2012 at 6:27 amSlushiZ

Terry Pratchett = Great Books

• January 2, 2012 at 6:33 amCybersteel

Oh cool! A Sunohara-type person blogging here. It’ll be interesting and I look forward to your posts.

• January 2, 2012 at 7:03 amnekotea

Welcome to RandomC! Your writing style is really interesting and I look forward to your future posts =)

• January 2, 2012 at 7:19 amVermillion

Welcome! I’m so happy to see new people joining the crew at RC! I’m looking forward to your posts and wish you good luck. ~

• January 2, 2012 at 7:25 amarcanes

I hope future shows will match their quality with your enthusiasm for blogging :)
    Good luck and have fun writing for RC.

• January 2, 2012 at 7:26 amdany1908

hello there
    i’m not commenting much around but i read all which interest me so welcome to RC

• January 2, 2012 at 7:51 amzakalia

Welcome to RC hope to read some of your posts and enjoy sharing in your “insane” ways :)

P.s i also enjoy a good footnote and semicolons lol

• January 2, 2012 at 7:52 amRockmanshii

Welcome here man.

• January 2, 2012 at 8:56 amSeishun Otoko

I see many ecchi titles in your MAL, brofist!
    Wow… 6’7”. You could probably cosplay as Kenpachi and release your GARRR at Anime Expo this year ;)

• January 2, 2012 at 9:56 amStilts

Oooo, that’s a good idea. Quick – does anyone know where I can find a shoulder loli??

• January 2, 2012 at 9:04 amellymate

heya Stilts
    looking forward to your reviews! i know you’ll do a wonderful time and congrats to the team to have a new helper :)

• January 2, 2012 at 9:29 amRoguespirit

Just a shot in the dark but I’m guessing you’ve read “Lord of the Flies.” Also I LOVE TORADORA! Welcome to RC.

• January 2, 2012 at 10:01 amStilts

Right you are. That’s one of my favorite books, of those I was forced to read back in high school. That, Nineteen Eighty-Four and Brave New World.

…I was a very cynical young man, clearly :P

• January 2, 2012 at 10:12 ammist666999

*chime in*
    Welcome to RC! Enjoy your stay and if anyone offers you cookies, EAT THEM! (the cookies not the person offering)

• January 2, 2012 at 10:19 amreminbee

You had me at Terry Practhett. Which, granted, wasn’t until the end. Looking forward to reading your stuff!

• January 2, 2012 at 10:44 amKanade

6’7? holy your so tall!! anyway I would love to read your reviews/blogs, seems like your a nice guy to hang out with.

• January 2, 2012 at 11:12 amFiryal

welcome to the family :D

• January 2, 2012 at 11:32 amFirefly

Welcome to Random Curiosity!!!^^

I’m looking forward your analysis(I hope I won’t put any pressure on you), it’s just that I’m very curious when it comes to RC, you seem to be a very fun guy, and all animes you like have great scenarios and keep very well the watcher in suspense or when you watch one of them you can’t predict the result, I like your taste! I also abandon bleach, but I’m still watching Naruto.
    I hope you’ll like to be a member of RC and I wish you to find your fulfillment in your writings and in your present or future plans!^^

See ya!

• January 2, 2012 at 11:34 amsuff

Yay!!!

• January 2, 2012 at 11:52 amyuna_fanel

Welcome to randomC Stilts!I love your writing style ^_^ I will look forward to see you review !

• January 2, 2012 at 11:52 ammac65

Sora no Otoshimono¹; huh?

Sounds like a real trouble maker…
    …like me, I’ve pre-ordered the BD² of the movie.
    Can’t wait until Feb when they’ll ship it!

Welcome aboard! Look forward to reading your work!

¹I’m hoping for another season…
    ²Blue Ray :)

• January 2, 2012 at 2:07 pmStilts

What can I say, I have a soft spot for any protagonist who is so helplessly perverted that he changes himself into the floor of the girl’s locker room, a pair of panties and the amazing TOMOKO! Oh, and spends most of his time in super deformed mode. It’s like someone wrote down all my dreams!

erh, whoops. I think I may have said too much there…

• January 2, 2012 at 11:53 amSakana-chan

welcome to the party, my friend, we hope we will get along…

Yoroshu-ku Onegai-shimas!!!

• January 2, 2012 at 11:54 amangecornu

Welcome! I already like your style, can’t wait to read your posts!

• January 2, 2012 at 11:55 amErif

Welcome.

• January 2, 2012 at 12:03 pmsaco3

Hey Stiltls welcome.:D

I want to ask you about Terry Pratchett ( am always looking for new books to read ;) ) what type of books does he write? fantasy?(eg. lord of the rings, The Belgraid, The Mallorean, Legend of Drizzt) or some other type? please reply.:)

• January 2, 2012 at 2:09 pmStilts

Fantasy satire, at least for his best known work, the Discworld series. There are a lot of similarities in the world with your Tolkien-esque fantasy…except deeper, or flipped on their side, and through that world he says a great deal about our own. Two put it into two words, simply fantastic :D

• January 2, 2012 at 12:13 pmSfalcin

Welcome!

• January 2, 2012 at 12:46 pmragedzai

Welcome to the dark side bro!!
    we were waiting for you òwó

• January 2, 2012 at 12:48 pmHerper

Shouldn’t Stilts be written as スティルツ ?

• January 2, 2012 at 8:32 pmDivine

Yes it should, but that was actually my mistake.

• January 2, 2012 at 1:24 pmCroos

You can talk to me about anything in IRC if you feel lonely.
    P.S. You can put me into the v0id if you want to vent all your anger on any matter.

• January 2, 2012 at 1:50 pmSora no Kaze

Nice to meet you, Can’t wait to see what you write then.

• January 2, 2012 at 2:00 pmNightwizard

Welcome to RC!
    I’m looking forward for your posts.
    Have fun while you are here:D

• January 2, 2012 at 2:28 pmSyaoran Li

Welcome to the community pal.

It’s nice to see you share out passion as well. I’m sure your skills as a writer will be useful to express yourself (and your personal style) to share with us the impressions week after week of the two series you choose to start this journey.

Good luck and I’ll by more than glad to share my thoughts once this winter season kicks in.

• January 2, 2012 at 3:36 pmDusk

Wow! Your introduction pic totally convey to me the level of your excitement. I saw you mentioned a few books you’ve read in your replies above, and was wondering if your area of interests extend into light novel territory. Zero no Tsukaima perhaps? I think it would be great if you could include some contrast between the original medium and the anime adaptation when you start writing.

• January 2, 2012 at 4:19 pmStilts

I must admit I haven’t read any light novels. That’s not for lack of wanting to, mind you, but merely because of a lack of time. Between work, my writing, anime, manga, video games, reading all the english-language books I’ve got lined up and occasionally having a social life, I haven’t had time to read any light novels =X One day, one day…

• January 2, 2012 at 3:44 pmoutcast

Promise me this. When you will leave this site. Make a goodbye post. Don’t leave big gaping holes of disillusion.

• January 2, 2012 at 3:52 pmDragonite88

Wow RC now have team of great writers. I thought after Omini left it would would just be Divine but now it like a news room lol. Hope to read your blogs and best of luck and Happy New Year and New Start.

• January 2, 2012 at 4:49 pmMikkye

Aww A tear came to my eye when you mention Full Metal Alchemist. I love this guy already. Welcome to RC!

• January 2, 2012 at 5:06 pmteri

I’ve always wondered… What countries are you awesome writers from? Just being curious!

And also, welcome to the site. I’m really interested in whatever you’ll write. :]

• January 2, 2012 at 7:18 pmStilts

America, here. Texas, to be specific, so if I ever drop a “ya’ll” or a “howdy”, know that I come by them honestly…and that I’ll hate myself a little bit for having actually used them, heh :P

• January 2, 2012 at 5:27 pmAlex

DBZ after school? And NGE and Cowboy Bebop as your first mentions? A man after my own heart. I look forward to your blog posts.

• January 2, 2012 at 7:36 pm7godeohs

^Completely agree. I also watched a couple episodes of Samurai Pizza Cats in my day if anyone remembers that ‘gem’.

Stilts, you mentioned not having read any light novels. As a fellow fan of Toradora I would highly recommend that you read the light novels – they are superb and add a lot to the story. I actually marathoned it (not on purpose mind you) in one evening/morning. If you get time you should absolutely check them out at http://www.baka-tsuki.org/

• January 2, 2012 at 9:20 pmStilts

Wow, Toradora is fully translated? I think I last checked baka-tsuki when the anime was still running and it wasn’t all out, so I sorta forgot about it, heh. I bet I could get away with reading this at work…

*shakes head* no, bad Stilts! Must stay employed.

• January 3, 2012 at 6:11 pmThe Moondoggie

@Stilts :D

Who says you can’t? It’s “when” and “where” at work you read it that matters. XD

Got to finished the last translated chapter of ZnT while compiling/testing my work.

• January 5, 2012 at 8:26 amDivine

I loved Samurai Pizza Cats when I was a kid!

• January 2, 2012 at 6:37 pmalfredonm

Hope you stay here for a very long time or whenever a FMP 4th season comes out, IF EVER LOL.

• January 2, 2012 at 7:31 pmreiji

Welcome to RC! looking forward for your posts… specially Zero no Tsukaima F :)

• January 2, 2012 at 8:22 pmLitho

You’re quite tall. Bet you look stupid on a bicycle ;-P

I won’t be following the series you’re blogging, but welcome anyway. Hope you stay long.

• January 2, 2012 at 9:25 pmStilts

Only when I stand up too far and clock myself on a low-lying tree branch. Not that that’s ever happened, of course… *shifty eyes*

• January 3, 2012 at 1:37 amSnicket

At least it’s not the top part of a doorway or a cross beam. I smack my head into those if i’m not paying attention.

• January 3, 2012 at 6:02 pmStilts

…yeah, those too >_<

• January 2, 2012 at 8:51 pmshirayuki75

Nice of you to join the community. I’m still hesitant on the semicolons, though. :P

• January 2, 2012 at 10:28 pmSOSAnimeBoy

I can see that you are still filled with the naive over-optimism that is characteristic of those beginning to blog at RC. I am looking forward to seeing you mature (i.e. your soul being considerably numbed) as you continue to blog here. Happy trails!

• January 3, 2012 at 6:13 pmStilts

Pffft, that’s the goal! You’ve got to last a while to properly sink into caustic cynicism and soul-crushing despair. I only hope I can make it there. The way I see it, the hallmark of a really good writer is being supremely embarrassed of your earlier work…that and being able to drink enough to stun a grizzly bear.

^______^ Cheers!

• January 3, 2012 at 1:35 amSnicket

Welcome Stilts, looking forward to what you have to bring to the table. Adding another blogger to RC, is always a good thing.

• January 3, 2012 at 3:01 amShit-take

Stils, welcome :D

Love your style of writing, it’s similar to mine. With the minor difference that I a score a 10.0 on the suck scale. I’ve been terrorising my school newspapers with horrific articles about noodles. And guess most of us get into animes by Bleach/Naruto marathons.
    Watched a good 250 Naruto epi’s in a week. I think I went broke on coffee..anyways

Good luck!

• January 3, 2012 at 5:33 ambillng

Keionbu ni Yokoso! wait..

• January 3, 2012 at 6:15 pmStilts

billng-nyan! Erh, wait…

*awkward*

• January 3, 2012 at 11:02 amNeko

that blog still needs more female writers lol
    but welcome here and hope to read your reviews soon!

• January 3, 2012 at 4:29 pmBROOKLYN otaku

don’t get me wrong player, VARIETY is the SPICE OF LIFE. but lately this site has been switching up it pinch hitters faster than bobby & whitney go through 10 grams of heat rock! wtf is up with dat!?!!?!?!?!? yall motherF&$kers be switching it up too much! how am i supposed to establish any type of connection when yall pickup and dispose of niggas like used rubbers?? I’m JUst saying………TRULY. nothing lasts forever.

• January 4, 2012 at 5:30 amFreddeh

Wow Stilts, you sound a lot like me lol. Similar tastes in anime, started freshman year in college marathoning Naruto (Bleach wasn’t for a bit late for me though), and terrible memory…you aren’t just me in the future are you?!

Oh wait I’m a terrible writer so it can’t be, welcome anyway! :D

• January 4, 2012 at 11:41 amlaaa

Hi

• January 4, 2012 at 9:57 pmArisu

Bazzziiiinnngaaa! You sound awesome Stilts. Look forward to reading!

• Newer Comments »