Coming off a two-week break, One Piece returned with a bang and delivered one of the most exciting chapters in the past month. Moving away from the Corrida Coliseum, the spotlight has shifted back to Trafalgar Law’s team, and their mission to return Caesar Clown was certainly marked with a ripping sense of adventure. The captain of the Heart Pirates is a character that fascinates me to no end and his craftiness and keen acumen were, once again, evidenced in his latest endeavor. Whether it’s his blatant refusal to repel the “Fighting Fishes” or his quick wits that took advantage Caesar’s abilities, Law is always thinking one step ahead of everyone else and he has definitely proven himself to be a force to reckon with. But even someone as formidable as Law has his trepidations and clearly, Donquixote Doflamingo is an opponent that warrants such anxiety. Not only does Law intend to conserve all his stamina for the imminent clash, the Shichibukai also took precautionary measures and went as far as to deliberately lead the marines to their location, just in case their plan fails. This would, to a certain extent, explain why Dressrosa was overrun by the marine forces – Admiral Fujitora and CP-0 are just some of the imposing personage who are present – and Green Bit is certainly no exception in this respect.
It can’t come as a huge surprise to anyone that I’m ecstatic to see Nico Robin again – after all, she is my favorite character in One Piece. That she has a mind of a steel trap is utterly beyond doubt, and Robin is probably the only one who’s cognizant of Law’s hidden intent and motives. Her vast intellect and sharp intuition pretty much speak for themselves, and she is, no question, the perfect person for the job in a reconnaissance assignment – Usopp tagged along like a “courtly gentleman”, as usual. Evidently, the sudden appearance of the dwarves came as an amazement to even Nico Robin, and by the look of things, it seems like the mysterious beings are not creatures that you run into very often. There’s not a whole lot that we can say about the dwarves at the moment, all we know for sure is that their hyper-speed movements make pinpointing them into sight extremely difficult and though they are presumably small in stature, the ones featured here were able to ferry a gigantic Fighting Fish with ease. How will the newly-introduced dwarves fit into the overall picture is something that I’m very much looking forward to, and similar to the fishmen, there’s bound to be a fascinating exposition surrounding their livelihood and individuality. The topic of discrimination and inequality has always been a major theme in the One Piece, and I suspect this intense debate will come into play again with the unveiling of the dwarves.
- I’m sure most of you have heard about Oda sensei’s recent trip to the hospital – let’s hope he doesn’t work himself too hard, and I wish him all the best for a full and speedy recovery!
- Another week, another person discovered Lucy’s secret identity – Bartolomeo is now in the know!
- How did Bellamy figure all that out? – That is, the extent of Luffy’s exceptional Haki abilities and the fact that the Straw Hat cheered him on during the coliseum battle.
- Law and Robin would make such a cute couple – I can’t be the only one who sees the potential in those two right?
- The sight of Caesar as a hot air balloon had me laughing out loud – that was pure genius!
- “You’re as reliable as ever, Usopp” – Snap! Robin’s snarky demeanor makes her all the more adorable.
tl;dr: @SeishunRC – #OnePiece 710: The spotlight shifts back to Trafalgar Law’s team at Green Bit. How will the newly-introduced dwarves fit into the picture? #Manga