I’ve been dying to learn more about the Dwarf at Tontatta Kingdom and it seems like I got what I wished for in this chapter! Yes, I readily admit – Nico Robin is my favorite character in One Piece and my interest in little man’s land stems predominantly from their entanglement with her! The Straw Hat’s cursed child and the current imbroglio that surrounds her are certainly intriguing – but the Dwarf is also striking quite an impression in their own right, with their seeming spontaneity and screwball charm sticking out like a sore thumb. The warrior dwarf Leo, in particular, caught my eyes almost immediately and there’s no denying it – if he makes it to the recruit, the little guy would make an excellent addition to the Straw Hat crew! Leo is a Devil Fruit user – that in and of itself already makes him a clear standout, but there’s more to the Nui Nui no Mi user that just that. In fact, the reason why I’m rooting for him so hard is because of his rather distinctive persona – Leo has an unparalleled appreciation for the very notion of “nakama”, and there’s a somewhat frivolous and perky temperament to him that screams “Straw Hat” like no one else. His goofiness is what defines him on the surface, but that doesn’t mean the dwarf can’t take on a more solemn image when the time calls for it – Leo and his fellow dwarves intends to wage war against the Donquixote Pirates and as it turns out, their prime target is also a certain “Dark Factory”, one that is situated at the basement of the Corrida Coliseum. That’s presumably where Robin and Usopp are headed to next and while their primary objective might differ from that of the Dwarf’s, it’s highly likely an alliance between those two is still in the making – after all, “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” and that political kernel certainly rings true in this instance!
The Dwarf’s crusade to liberate their friends appears to have a tie-in with the Toy’s planned revolt as well – for starters, both parties want Doflamingo dead and there’s a possibility that the Dwarf’s “nakama”, Princess Manshelly, is at the root of all this conspiracy. The latest bombshell was quite telling to say the least – as many have correctly deduced, the living-toys were once human and the culprit is, in fact, a bona fide Devil Fruit user. My gut instinct says the princess of Tontatta Kingdom could very well be the malefactor in question – but that’s nothing more than a shot in the dark and your hunch is probably as good as anyone’s at this stage. Doflamingo’s entire machination continues to be shrouded in mysteries and his true intention has yet to be spelled out – I suspect the wretched fate that befell the living-toys could have a connection to the production of Smiles, but any form of clues in this respect has thus far remained scarce! The Smile Factory and the Corrida Coliseum, coupled with the Flower Field and the “Toy House” – all of the hot spots and its ensuing commotions are slowly but surely coming together at the big picture. But let us not forget where the grandest showdown is currently taking place – the three-way confrontation on Green Bit is, no doubt, a clash of epic scale and it looks like Trafalgar Law might be the one who’s most disadvantaged in this confrontation. The Surgeon of Death has found himself in quite a clutch, and the ongoing face-off, one that pits Law against both Doflamingo and Admiral Fujitora, has unquestionably taken a toll on the young Shichibukai – it’s a brawl that is just as much of a slugfest as a battle of wits and needless to say, I can’t wait to see he gets out of this one!
- It’s great to see Robin chwan again! – She’s such a doll!
- “The princess’ a bitch, but she’s still our nakama” – Leo’s already a Straw Hat at heart! Right from the get-go, you just know he’s going to fit in with the rest of the crew like a glove!
- “I don’t have to worry about falling now” – Did he just stitched granny to the wall? Leo’d better be home when she needs to poop.
- “It’s Usoland’s Haki!” – Lies, all lies! One of these days, Leo’s going to stitch that big fat lying lips right up.
- “Don’t cry and rage at the same time” – It doesn’t look like Don Chinjao is going to back off any time soon. He seems to be an old acquaintance of Silvers Rayleigh as well! Did I mention I’m a huge fan of the Dark King?
- “Those shady pirates should be locked up” – A whack on the head that was well-deserved. Kin’emon is such a baka!
- Panzer Vor! – I can never get enough of tank-mode Franky. He’s a fellow toy alright!
- My sincerest apologies for the slight delay in putting up this post! Just got back from a three-week business trip, and now that I’m no longer on the road, I should be able to meet my blogging commitments in a timelier manner. Thanks for bearing with me, love you guys!
tl;dr: @SeishunRC – #OnePiece 717: I smell a new nakama! Leo would make an excellent addition to the Straw Hat crew. #Manga