For the first time in almost five years, RC is happy to bring you another podcast. These are exceptional times, and this was an exceptional podcast – not only did we have six participants, but only half the podcast covered anime-related topics.
A big thank-you to everyone who participated, and especially to Zaiden for being the main driver in
annoying persuading us into recording. Our panel ranged from the U.S. West Coast to the Canadian Rockies to Quebec, England and Japan. And our topics ranged almost as widely. Anime in the age of pandemic, and coping with isolation – we hope our humble conversations on these matters can provide you with a welcome diversion during quarantine.
- Guardian Enzo – @GuardianEnzo, Anime-Planet profile, lostinanime.com
- Miss Simplice
- 00:00 – Introductions from around the World
- 09:40 – Cages tribute
- 10:50 – What are you doing to stay sane during lockdown?
- 31:00 – Vaccine discussion
- 34:10 – How and when will anime get production moving again?
- 44:20 – What anime would you recommend someone binge while in lockdown?
- 56:20 – What’s the first thing you’re going to do when lockdown ends, and what’s the one thing from pre-Corona life you miss the most?
- 1:00:00 – Remembering the great Fujiwaya Keiji
- 1:16:30 – Writers’ choices for best anime of 2019
- 1:39:00 – Why has Kimetsu no Yaiba become the most popular animanga franchise since One Piece?
- 1:50:00 – (Our apologies for audio dropouts during this segment) What anime character would you want to be in lockdown with? (note: the mom from Boku Dake ga Inai Machi is Sachiko, sorry for forgetting)
- 1:56:00 – Signoff and best wishes/SAO debate
Listen to the Episode
Download the podcast!
you’re much older, takaii-ojichan.
Anyway glad you guys are safe.
He gets confused easily, but with a lot of editing we get him through it.
Yay! I didn’t realise it’s been 5 years wow….
Poor Shizuku! I’m horrified!
what anime is that screenshot from?
Anyway, I hope everyone stays healthy. We live in crazy times.
It’s Whisper of the Heart. I hope you stay healthy too.
We had a lot of fun with this and are definitely looking to do another one over the next month or so. Other than Stilts and Cherrie in a live interview when I first started off here, I believe this is the first time I’ve conducted a verbal conversation with people on the RandomC team. The pleasure was mine!
Give us constructive feedback (e.g. too long, Zaiden’s talking too much, etc) and let us know if this is the kind of content you would like to see more of!
Edit: I should mention all the writers went into these questions blind because Enzo wanted a more ‘authentic’ reaction. Also we didn’t have time to fully express some of our points, because we needed everyone to get a word or two in for each topic. But if anyone would like me to expand on our points (believe me, I had a lot to say), we would be very happy to give a breakdown in the comment section.
Just what happened to the RSS feed? I thought you stopped blogging altogether because it just stopped updating.
From what I’m seeing, some browsers don’t natively support RSS any longer, Could that be your issue?
Thank you so much for doing this! These are always a joy to listen to! Can’t believe the last one was 5 years ago…
One request: I think I’d prefer multiple shorter episodes, rather than one giant episode. I don’t really have the attention span for a 2 hour episode, so it’s taken me a week to listen to the whole thing.
Maybe you could record multiple intros/outros, and then edit a big session like this one into multiple smaller episodes?
Thank you. That could be an option, but the expectation is that most future podcasts will have fewer participants – 6 is a lot, but this was the first one in 4.5 years. If you have 3 or 4, they’re probably going to be shorter to begin with.
Is there a way to download this for my mp3 player?
Master Takaii has added a download link to the post.