« CHAOS;HEAD – 09-10

CHAOS;HEAD   11   25 CHAOS;HEAD   11   26 CHAOS;HEAD   11   27
CHAOS;HEAD   11   28 CHAOS;HEAD   11   29 CHAOS;HEAD   11   30
CHAOS;HEAD   11   31 CHAOS;HEAD   11   32 CHAOS;HEAD   11   33
CHAOS;HEAD   11   34 CHAOS;HEAD   11   35 CHAOS;HEAD   11   36

「自立 independence」 (Jiritsu)

Episode at a Glance:
After learning that Shogun created him and the Ir2 equation, and that Rimi’s been captured after trying to take care of him, Takumi realizes that he loves Rimi. In the past, Shogun freed Rimi from her world of darkness with a synchronized delusion, so she’s dedicated herself to him and Takumi since then. Back in the present, Takumi tells Shogun how much he hates him for creating him, but decides to find a purpose to his existence. Takumi then unexpectedly summons his Di-Sword, intent on saving Rimi. With the help of Shogun’s advice, Takumi senses out the Porters in the area and destroys their devices, after which Shino appears. Reading her thoughts and projecting them to the large screen, Takumi reveals to everyone how she committed all the New Generation acts — crimes she deemed necessary to awaken Takumi as a Gigalomaniac. Stabbing herself in the neck with a stake, Shino activates the Third Melt, a gigantic 7.8 magnitude earthquake that topples Shibuya.

Wandering through the wreckage with Yua, Ayase runs into Nanami and recalls how Rimi tried to carry the burden of getting rid of Noah II herself without awakening Takumi, something she didn’t agree with. Having fallen into a large hole, the three of them are saved by Takumi sometime later with his new found powers. Takumi then reunites Nanami with her real brother, causing her to recall all the memories of Shogun that were forgotten. Shogun tells Nanami to support Takumi though, since they’re one in the same, so she and the others decide to help Takumi destroy Noah II. Elsewhere, Sena and Kozupii run into Sena’s father, who feels that being killed by his daughter will atone for his sins. With little explanation about Sena’s mother and younger sister, he ends up protecting Sena from a delusional attack/gunshot by Suwa. With the two of them being attacked by delusions now, Takumi soon arrives to save them both, and even reverses one of Suwa’s delusional attacks. Afterwards, Sena realizes that she didn’t really want to see her father dead, and in tears, asks Takumi to destroy Noah II. Takumi agrees to do so, but for his own reasons — to save Rimi.

Final Episode:
「使命 mission」 (Shimei)

CHAOS;HEAD   11   Preview 01 CHAOS;HEAD   11   Preview 02 CHAOS;HEAD   11   Preview 03

Impressions:
I guess it’s safe to say that with Takumi’s awakening as The Gigalomaniac, he’s basically become The One within The Matrix. With the way that he can read minds, project delusions as he pleases, and even reverse delusions cast upon him, we may as well start calling him Neo instead of Takumi. I can’t imagine that I’m the only one seeing the similarities at this point, so let me know what you think.

With everything out in the open now about Shogun’s true identity, Rimi’s good-hearted intentions towards Takumi, Takumi’s awakening with the summoning of his Di-Sword, and Hazuki Shino’s (Grim) revelation as the New Generation criminal (mind reading sure is useful), all my questions from last week have been laid to rest. It was mildly unsettling to see how Shino scooped out Doctor Takashina‘s brain while he was still awake, while Shino killing herself to activate the Third Melt (a.k.a. huge earthquake that flattened Shibuya) was reminiscent to how Aureolus Izzard activated his alchemy. There was no real explanation as to what the deal is with Nanami’s right hand, but from what I’ve heard, this is a more prominent part of the visual novel. For the anime adaptation, I get the feeling that they’re not going to focus on this too much more though. If I were to nitpick about something, it would be how Yua and Nanami survived being squashed by tonnes of debris. Other than that, I have to say that it doesn’t come as a huge surprise that Sena didn’t really hate her father and merely used him as a scapegoat for what happened to her mother and younger sister, but he did leave a good last impression on her by sacrificing himself to protect her.

Next week is the big finale and as things stand now, I really can’t see Takumi needing any help to save Rimi, destroy Noah II, and give the three NOZOMI heads (Gen’ichi, Kouzou, and the “Founder“) what they deserve. However, I’m sure the other girls will come into play at some point, but the preview only shows Gen’ichi cowering at Takumi’s mercy.

Thanks for reading and a reminder that Omni will be back to blog the final episode and say a few words about the series as a whole.

-divine
…decided to stay up to get this post out.

December 19, 2008 at 5:12 am
  • December 19, 2008 at 5:31 amJRE

Great

• December 19, 2008 at 6:29 amGollyzilla

Awesome

• December 19, 2008 at 7:07 amKokWeng

YAY ! But well , why Takumi sudenly can use power so well -_-”He just got his Di-sword and like he so pro , can control his power so freely .

• December 19, 2008 at 7:15 amwilson191

He’s a genius maybe…..lol

• December 19, 2008 at 7:32 amNam

awesome

• December 19, 2008 at 8:39 amTSFMIP

…Great job Divine.

…when will Omni come back?T_____________________________T

• December 19, 2008 at 8:49 amAnonymous

Wow, Takumi finally goes badass and starts owning everything.

• December 19, 2008 at 9:08 amAndy

I hope they go for the good end, cause it looks like its headed that way. GO TAKUMI! You can finally get laid after this!

• December 19, 2008 at 9:57 amDXHK

Takumi was frigging pic O___O
    only I truly wished they used the music from the novel when he attained his sword.
    That scene in the novel was Epic

• December 19, 2008 at 10:48 amMegas

Takumi will forever be know as Neo in my mind. As such, he is now subject to meet the same mysterious fate. Neo, I salute you.

• December 19, 2008 at 1:05 pmStory

Damn. I’m not one for fantasy-action-type shows, but I can’t help but look at these screenshots and think that there’s some real quality fighting going on.

• December 19, 2008 at 3:11 pmpadfoot135

well.. i guess they really remove almost 90% of the blood and gore compared to the game itself… the game was much.. much much much more disgusting than the anime >.<

• December 19, 2008 at 3:32 pmDmo

I just love how Nanami’s right hand magically gets replaced in the anime without any explanation >_>

..well…it was either that or leaving her hand cut off then not giving her any screen time til’ the end like the game <_<;

• December 19, 2008 at 4:38 pmAzar

weird! i was some simulates that this anime has with the matrix a while ago, but i thought i had just been watching to many movies.

Hopefully they tie up the loose ends that are still floating around

• December 19, 2008 at 7:08 pmNightflame

just… weird… seemingly need to read the novel once…

• December 19, 2008 at 7:23 pmdivine

TSFMIP:
    Sometime Wednesday night is what he told me, so I might be blogging one more episode of Toradora! for him.

• December 19, 2008 at 10:00 pmWoahM4Gawd

I’ll miss the nurse D:

• December 20, 2008 at 1:02 amlohyav

>>He just got his Di-sword and like he so pro , can control his power so freely .

He always had dellusions, it’s just that now he can control them because now he has a reason to invest himself.
    So it’s not as is if it was new for him… After all, he’s with a 2D girl since 1 year(^^), so I think he have mastered his “dellusion skills” since a long time…

I also think that there is a lot of similarities with matrix, but since the beggining of the story, with the word wich is very “malleable”.
    And it have the same concept of “does the reality really exist?” (just as Haruhi, also).

I think that Taku’s power are superior to other people power because he “don’t exist” theoretically. So, he have fewer links with real world than other people and he is less “slave” of this world’s laws.
    Well, as Sena says since the beggining of this anime, he is an “error” so the “world’s cpu” (metaphor) doesn’t know what he is allowed to do. In that way, it could seem to be logical,just as the gigalomaniac’s power.

I lol’d when I saw Nanami’s hand back without any explaination… Perhaps the only bad point of this adaptation for me, they skipped an important arc…

I’m just sad that there will not be the instrumental vesion of “find the blue” in the last ep… In the VN, this moment is just epic. And the music is perfect for her scene…

Anyway great ep. C;H is one of the best anime of this season for me.

(sorry if it’s a little to long or if there’s a few mistakes ^^” )

• December 20, 2008 at 2:11 amEspada

1 episode to go ^^

so they are taking the happy route of the game ehh? and no blood for the anime in this events T_T i want blood

• December 20, 2008 at 2:51 amStei

I’m glad that Takumi didn’t stay a snivelling spineless coward through this whole show.

• December 20, 2008 at 5:42 amTSFMIP

Another one of ToraDora?!

SHIT! I miss OMNI T_____________________Y

• December 20, 2008 at 6:43 amhmmm

ha neo… awww still no blood i heard that this was going to be a violent one… hope final doesnt disappoint.

• December 20, 2008 at 7:25 amMarkus

Soul Eater 37? =(

• December 20, 2008 at 8:35 amFirechick

• December 20, 2008 at 7:13 pmBROOKLYN otaku

i second dat! was getting sick of his SNIVELING, what a paranoid biatch. what a bizzaro anime. I’m sure the novels are better,,meaning it probably comes across better using ur own imagination, the execution of it all seems too damn laughable most the time.. HEY DIVINES BACK!!!*salutes* GOOD ONE MAN!!

• December 20, 2008 at 8:22 pmKallen

OMG seeing Doctor Takashina’s brain bet scooped out was so disgusting, mostly because I was eating at the time

. . .@_@

• December 20, 2008 at 11:21 pmAndy

The brain scooping was much worst in the novel, the Dr. was more consicous when she was doing that. He was begging and screaming, and they link all of the crimes to Hazuki. The “pregnant man” case was done with Hazuki’s own baby. She tied up a guy then cut open her own belly and removes the fetus in her. Yes, much more gory then the anime.

• December 21, 2008 at 1:15 amCrucia

Wow, looks like Takumi grew a back-bone and actually facing them. I need some catching up to do…those weapons they have are beyond awesome! But it’s a tad bit different–ah well.

• December 21, 2008 at 1:42 amdivine

TSFMIP:
    If you love Omni so much, you can simply not read my posts. He’s not going to be posting anything this week though, so you can simply pretend to read posts that don’t exist if that makes you happier.

It’s no sweat off my back. I’m not here to please everyone, especially not the “difficult” people.

Markus:
    Omni was working on SE37 but didn’t finish it before he left. He asked me to finish the post for him if I have time, but I’ve been bedridden for the past four days, so I may not be able to blog any more shows for him at all. This should make people like TSFMIP happy though.

• December 21, 2008 at 4:36 amX

@Stei: Same here! I am finally glad, that he got his kick-ass power and a new attitude! I hope it stays that way till the end! IMO I hope he doesn’t just turn back to being his old self again – now that ending would suck for me.

• December 21, 2008 at 7:30 amteutates

@TSFMIP hurusai baka.

thanks for blogging this devine ^_^

So glad that the creators of this show had a delusion of Takumi’s with a spine :P

• December 21, 2008 at 9:08 amAnonymous

For the final episode I hope they will use the good ending for Taku (delusion existence). After all the climax will continue the part in the beginning of episode 1.

And yes it remind me with episode 5 it seems like Matrix :/ but I am glad that there is no real world out there nor seem the protagonist be arrogant with his new powers and showing off where he can to look cool.

• December 21, 2008 at 1:22 pmRyvius

I didn’t think this anime would be so short! It’s actually not that great. I’m quite disappointed, I feel they could have done so much more with the characters…

• December 21, 2008 at 8:08 pmDiabolikul

• December 23, 2008 at 12:12 amRockyChack

i don’t watch this… but i do have to say that this http://randomc.net/image/CHAOS;HEAD/CHAOS;HEAD%20-%2011%20-%20Large%2030.jpg reminds me of “The Curios Case of Benjamin Button” …
    :]

• December 26, 2008 at 6:38 pmrenzen

Man… one of the worst episodes in the series. I was expecting a grand finale but from watching this episode im truly disapointed

• December 27, 2008 at 11:56 pmsacchi

I didn’t like too much this episode.

Ever saw the last episode of World Destruction? This is basically the same. Guy does nothing in the whole series. Guy kicks ass the last episode.

• January 12, 2009 at 5:36 amanon

Did Omni ever finish the last episode?

• January 18, 2009 at 4:28 pmDubleLulz

Omni might have finished the last episode and just simply either have been too busy or forgot to blog it.

• March 6, 2010 at 11:50 amcasey

is rimi a angel because in the 1st and last episodes Takumi says that shes “an angel” whn hes lying on the floor???