Nurarihyon no Mago – 07, 08 »« Nurarihyon no Mago – 05

Nurarihyon no Mago – 06

Nurarihyon no Mago   06   01 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   02 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   03
Nurarihyon no Mago   06   04 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   05 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   06
Nurarihyon no Mago   06   07 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   08 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   09
Nurarihyon no Mago   06   10 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   11 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   12
Nurarihyon no Mago   06   13 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   14 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   15
Nurarihyon no Mago   06   16 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   17 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   18
Nurarihyon no Mago   06   19 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   20 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   21
Nurarihyon no Mago   06   22 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   23 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   24
Nurarihyon no Mago   06   25 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   26 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   27
Nurarihyon no Mago   06   28 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   29 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   30
Nurarihyon no Mago   06   31 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   32 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   33
Nurarihyon no Mago   06   34 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   35 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   36

「魔の山に仕組まれし罠」
“A Trap is Set on the Evil Mountain”

Thanks to the groups over-interest in youkai/over-interest in free onsen and meals, the Paranormal Patrol ignore how incredibly creepy the professor is and fail to heed Rikuo’s warnings. With all the foreboding and hints, there is no doubt to the viewer from the beginning that they are walking into a trap. Even with various humorous bits involving Rikuo x Kana and Yura’s receipts mixed in, things were still pretty dark at times, complete with the ominous music. When they arrive at the inn though, the mood changes again with bath scenes. There was Shima wanting to peek at Tsurara in the nude, then immediately agreeing to a youkai hunt after finding out she’s going as well. The love rectangle (parallel lines to be exact) is really just a perk that doesn’t seem too intertwined with the plot and can be frustrating to watch; somehow, I have a feeling Shima’s efforts will come to nothing :P The more lighthearted moments seem to be a way to balance things for children, since all “kill-kill-kill” isn’t completely suitable for younger viewers (of course it’s hard to say how appropriate ogling at butts is either). However, I did lol at the assorted cute facial expressions.

With even Yuki-onna getting way too apprehensive, only Rikuo and Yura have their heads together and pretty soon the whole group is split up (just as the bad guys planned) in part due to the antagonists’ puppet abilities. Two of Gyuki’s minions are introduced, Mezumaru and Gozumaru, who make a point of mentioning their names for the viewer while conversing. Watching them throughout the episode, I can say that their ability to control humans is very useful— and perhaps also a bit “overpowered”. They use their powers efficiently and the episode clearly tries emphasize their evil sides, though I don’t think Gyuki is going to be the real villain in this story.

I would say Rikuo really shined in this episode, protecting Yuki-onna after she got stabbed in both feet (ouch) and attacking Gozumaru in his human form. I have no idea where he pulled a sword from, but he sure does look pretty heroic. It seems to be a recurring theme in shounen series that even a wimpy protagonist is able to step up and fight in order to defend his friends. Indeed almost every series features the “protecting others” element in some way, something that’s often not seen in Western entertainment. I’m not worried for the good guys here though; it would really break the mold if any of them actually died. Main protagonists getting killed in this genre is usually a rare and very serious event. Predictability aside, this episode was fairly fun to watch even if nothing was shocking, featuring some action from Rikuo, Yuki and Yura; preview indicates there will be more action next week too as the plot picks up.

Nurarihyon no Mago   06   Preview 01 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   Preview 02 Nurarihyon no Mago   06   Preview 03
August 11, 2010 at 8:34 am
  • August 11, 2010 at 8:49 pmPachikun

First!!! bueno el resumen gracias!! xD

• August 11, 2010 at 9:57 pmDanielsan

Very bueno amigo panchito

• August 11, 2010 at 8:54 pmZnail

Its interesting how the writer have made the story fit both shounen and shojo romance genre types. We got the weak male and female main characters. A strong high status male as female love interest and a few moe type girls as male interests. I wonder if its intentional and if its working?

• August 11, 2010 at 9:12 pmDa5id

Is it me or is the 6th episode of every show a fanservice episode? Gurren Lagann, HOTD, and now Nurarihyon.

Hm…

*writes down in notes for own story*

• August 11, 2010 at 9:13 pmX

Somewhat Kana’s character in the anime is a bit different in the manga. In this anime, she’s more refined and shown to be more interested in Rikuo than in the manga where although they are both shown as scared of youkai, the difference is she’s more brash when it comes to expressing her jealousy towards Rikou and Tsurara and is more interested in the youkai Rikuo than the human counterpart. Oh well, IMO they got Rikuo, Tsurara, and Yura’s character pretty well.

I wonder how much the anime would cover from the manga? it would suck if it’s only up to Gyuki’s arc.

• August 11, 2010 at 9:25 pmShiden

Since it’s a two-cour series, I’m going to guess that it’ll cover up to

There’s too much time for them not to cover the

but anything past that would need more seasons.

• August 13, 2010 at 8:34 pmShinjiro

I honestly hope it will be longer than 2-cour. It would be amazing if this could cover for my dropped Blitch time.

• August 11, 2010 at 9:14 pmlHyDrAl

I still really want a second season, shipping this off with just 24 episodes would be like calling the first 26 episodes of Hitman Reborn the whole anime. That doesn’t really show what it’s all about.

• August 11, 2010 at 9:44 pmcrazystudyguy

Initially I was against this thinking it was just another shounen blow out, but after watching all 6 eps It’s actually not that bad. It’s interesting, slightly believable and got a decent story to it, hoping for a second season too if it continues like this.

• August 12, 2010 at 12:18 amRei

OH MY GOD YUKI-ONNA FANSERVICE. APPROVED. She looks so cool ;A;

• August 12, 2010 at 1:52 amvucubcaquix

My god I love yuki onna.

my icy waifu.

• August 12, 2010 at 4:56 amTeabie

I did wonder whether the human side of Rikuo was getting ‘influenced’ by the youkai side of his, since Night Rikuo was appearing more regularly, and he had that short ‘chat’ with him in the previous episode. Evidently, perhaps not after they showed us his face whilst he was cradling Yuki Onna… haha. I was half-hoping for a slightly youkai-ish expression on his face when the camera focused on Rikuo. =P

• August 12, 2010 at 5:54 amMD

I WANT MY UNCENSORED VERSION NAO!!!

PS : Just came back from Beijing, freaking hot and dusty.

• August 12, 2010 at 10:04 amcz

bath with towels on hows that possible.

• August 12, 2010 at 12:19 pmrufe

In the manga, I wonder if Show Spoiler ▼

is going to be an important character. At a rate of about 2 chapters per episode, I also wonder if they really will be able to get to the start of the “current” arc…

Again, the anime, while well done, irks me. Somehow Tsurara came across as being more powerful and just caught entirely off guard in the manga (“he knows everything. Why is he attacking?”) instead of useless as hell -_-

• August 12, 2010 at 12:51 pmSnicket

well that was interesting, I think this episode has been closets to the manga thus far. Though i with they would have shown Kurata chasing the train on his Motor Cycle like in the manga.

Anyway if i they continue to stay true to the manga, things could either get interesting or incredibly lame. Depending on how they adapt the story from the manga.

BTW: The whole implied ‘love triangle’ (Or rectangle according to Prooof). Doesn’t seem to be developing, rather something they just kinda dangle in front of us. As if to see how long it takes to piss us off.

• August 12, 2010 at 8:17 pmZnail

It was a long time ago since I read the manga, so I might be wrong. But wasn’t the entire Yokai Rikuo x Kana alot more obvious to the point that Kana even told Rikuo about it?