IS Infinite Stratos – 09 »« IS Infinite Stratos – 07

IS Infinite Stratos – 08

Infinite Stratos   08   01 Infinite Stratos   08   02 Infinite Stratos   08   03
Infinite Stratos   08   04 Infinite Stratos   08   05 Infinite Stratos   08   06
Infinite Stratos   08   07 Infinite Stratos   08   08 Infinite Stratos   08   09
Infinite Stratos   08   10 Infinite Stratos   08   11 Infinite Stratos   08   12
Infinite Stratos   08   13 Infinite Stratos   08   14 Infinite Stratos   08   15
Infinite Stratos   08   16 Infinite Stratos   08   17 Infinite Stratos   08   18
Infinite Stratos   08   19 Infinite Stratos   08   20 Infinite Stratos   08   21
Infinite Stratos   08   22 Infinite Stratos   08   23 Infinite Stratos   08   24
Infinite Stratos   08   25 Infinite Stratos   08   26 Infinite Stratos   08   27
Infinite Stratos   08   28 Infinite Stratos   08   29 Infinite Stratos   08   30
Infinite Stratos   08   31 Infinite Stratos   08   32 Infinite Stratos   08   33
Infinite Stratos   08   34 Infinite Stratos   08   35 Infinite Stratos   08   36
Infinite Stratos   08   37 Infinite Stratos   08   38 Infinite Stratos   08   39

「ファインド・アウト・マイ・マインド」 (Faindo Auto Mai Maindo)
“Find Out My Mind”

I’m starting to think that Ichika doesn’t get enough credit, simply because he’s oblivious to the idea that cute girls actually like him. If we’re talking about sticking up for what he believes in, then the inter-class two-versus-two IS tournament was a prime example of some of his redeeming traits. Not only did he not back down to Laura and challenge her head-on, he and Charlotte also came with a game plan to get past her seemingly impenetrable AIC system. I loved how their tandem attacks stuck it to Laura and her arrogance, though I admittedly felt bad for Houki who was deemed easy pickings and taken out quickly to make it a two-on-one situation.

I honestly couldn’t say the same about Laura herself, even in light of her genetically-enhanced super soldier backstory. While it showed how she had fallen in status due to the nanomachine implants in her left eye and was subsequently “saved” by Chifuyu’s teachings, her resentment towards Ichika still comes off heavily misguided. I find it hard to sympathize with her, seeing as she misinterpreted how Chifuyu’s strength comes from wanting to protect her little brother as a source of weakness. Maybe Laura would think otherwise if she knew the two of them were abandoned by their parents, but even then, it seems like she had her an image of Chifuyu that she couldn’t bear being warped by any traces of kindness. If I were to give her the benefit of the doubt, then it would be how becoming the strongest soldier is all she’s known, and how that probably affected her perception of Chifuyu as her savior.

Plot-wise, the introduction of the Valkyrie Trace System spun the series in an interesting way, in that it finally looked like the story would shift towards a more serious tone. However, that impression quickly dwindled part way through when Chifuyu let Ichika handle Laura’s transformed IS instead of the teachers, making light of how dangerous the VT System supposedly is. It worked in terms of showing Chifuyu’s faith in him, yet came off rather questionable considering how Ichika only had part of his Byakushiki operable and could just have easily been killed. Likewise during the aftermath, when Chifuyu let Laura off easy and simply encouraged her to be herself.

Lately, it feels like Charlotte’s been separating herself from the pack, and the way she gave her IS’ remaining energy to Ichika followed up by that smooth finger point had me thinking that no one would even come close anymore. It came off as a promise between lovers, which the sight of Charlotte pressing her breasts up against Ichika’s back in the bath went on to reiterate. In comparison, I can’t help but feel bad for Houki who’s been in love with Ichika for years now and gets snubbed further when he promises to go out (shopping) with her. At least she knew better about getting her hopes up. It felt so warranted for Houki to hit him this time, having put up with his failure to notice her feelings even after she’s made them obvious. I’m fine with seeing Ichika get smacked around from time to time, provided that he really deserved it like he did here.

Continuing on the above, I’m surprised Charlotte revealed her true gender already, as it had me thinking she’s going to start winning over Ichika in public as well. Granted, that thought changed pretty quickly when Laura went on the offense to make Ichika her bitch wife. It seems like the tough ones always fall the hardest, but even Cecilia hasn’t stuck her tongue down Ichika’s throat like Laura seemed to be doing. The two of them may have had a nice moment when Ichika pulled her from the Valkyrie Trace System, but this sudden turnaround seems completely out of character. In any case, at least Laura knows what she wants and is willing to take it by force if need be. It’s just too bad Rin doesn’t have quite the same assertiveness to go with her brash side, since I got a pretty good laugh from her barging into the classroom in her IS. Someone should probably tell her that killing Ichika isn’t going to get her anywhere quick relationship-wise.

It sounds like we’re in store for the obligatory beach episode next time, which the preview doesn’t even throw us a bone on. I did see a volleyball net though, as well as Laura baring it all. I managed to put together a full-length shot of the latter without all the text too.

ED5 Sequence

Infinite Stratos   ED5   01 Infinite Stratos   ED5   02 Infinite Stratos   ED5   03

ED5: 「SUPER∞STREAM」 by 日笠陽子, ゆかな, 下田麻美, 花澤香菜, 井上麻里奈 (Hikasa Youko, Yukana, Shimoda Asami, Hanazawa Kana, Inoue Marina)
Watch the 5th ED!: Download, Streaming ▼

The only downside of the full cast version of SUPER STREAM is that we never got to hear an Inoue Marina version where she sings most of the song solo. Instead, this is more a group version since Laura is the last heroine.

Infinite Stratos   08   Preview 01 Infinite Stratos   08   Preview 02 Infinite Stratos   08   Preview 03
February 25, 2011 at 7:30 pm
  • February 25, 2011 at 7:40 pmHarem

Haaaaaaaaarrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeem!

• February 25, 2011 at 9:22 pmpaiser

yep harem all the way… Also we know in anime these days we/creator/producing company are obligated to bikini episode, thats a given, but i cant see why its still a trend. U know how if things get over redundant it usually dies out. Yet it still keeps going and going… too bad this is the only mecha anime this season other wise this would drop from my list

• February 27, 2011 at 10:59 pmLOL

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i like it more when charles was pretending to be a guy T.T

• February 25, 2011 at 7:40 pmGhostalker

Noooo! the German chick is now officially part of Ichika’s harem now

• February 25, 2011 at 8:02 pmChaos

well she is the ultra tsundere – She wanted to kill him now she loves him.

• February 25, 2011 at 8:13 pmShirt

I shoulda saw that coming. Usually people that hate each other, hate each other so much that they can’t get the other one of their mind. Eventually, “what-if” scenarios manifest in their heads and they begin to secretly like that said person. In this case however, Laura makes it well known that she’s in love with Ichika. ♥

• February 25, 2011 at 8:34 pmLee

Kuudere is probably a better description than tsundere, and I think that’s what keeps Laura from coming across as a redundant haremette in Ichika’s harem. He’s now got 2 tsunderes, 1 ojou-dere (yea, I don’t think Cecilia really fits the tsundere characterization), 1 deredere, and 1 kuudere. And there’s still one more girl yet to join the harem, LOL.

• February 25, 2011 at 10:12 pmbanzemanga

Just like Lee said, Laura is a Kuudere (cool + embarrassed). So we have 3 Tsundetere and one Deredere.

• February 26, 2011 at 1:22 amfeal87

Did you have any doubts he would? :D

• February 26, 2011 at 9:09 amGhostalker

Nope, more like who’s next? Or…thus it end here?

• February 26, 2011 at 1:42 pmdxb_blackwolf

Well they usually do the beach episode after all the harem characters have been introduced, right? So I’m thinking that’s it. There isn’t much space for another girl in the ED anyways :P

• February 26, 2011 at 6:57 pmLee

In the LN, there’s one more girl who shows up later, and she’s going to tease Ichika to no end, lol.

• February 25, 2011 at 7:42 pmP0NCH

Even after all the development between Ichika and Charlotte, Laura takes the lead!
    Great episode!

• February 25, 2011 at 9:06 pmDa5id

That’s actually not a progress race, its just the girls in order of introduction. The newest always takes the lead.

• February 25, 2011 at 11:36 pmyoohoo

i unno charlotte was all over him naked way more hardcore than tongue

• February 26, 2011 at 8:22 amznail

This time it wasn’t even by accident that he got to enjoy seeing her naked as it was quite intentional on her side.
        One thing is sure, there are two girls that Ichika will never mistake for just another buddy.

• February 26, 2011 at 2:11 pmP0NCH

lol, too true! Naked bath scene certainly beats a kiss, however the thing that I like about that scene is the way Laura kissed Ichika.
        I guess I like the aggressive women XD

• February 26, 2011 at 3:21 pmyoohoo

she took it and made him her bitch

• February 25, 2011 at 7:43 pmkaitokitou

This show is getting more and more interesting. ^_^

• February 25, 2011 at 7:45 pmPieprsn

Curses! Now Charlotte is going to be pushed out of the picture, and all the focus will be on Laura!!!! I WANT MY ADORABLE FRENCH CROSSDRESSER!!!!!!

Well…I guess it’s time for me to write a doujinshi…

• February 25, 2011 at 8:01 pmkn09

By all means, please do. I’ll be waiting for your doujinshi XD XD
      If you can, put both Charlotte and Laura with Ichika in it too… :D

• February 25, 2011 at 8:17 pmGhostalker

You don’t have to worry about that, because next episode I’m very sure that Laura will become the viewers favorite which might include you and me.We just have to wait for a scene or two exploring how cute Laura can be and viola! Everyone here have forgotten every other girl in the series and will be favoring Laura. Harem ~ :)

• February 26, 2011 at 12:39 amSolarguardian

That’s exactly what I want to happen so that I can have Charlotte all to myself >:D bwuahahahahahahahaha..haha

• February 25, 2011 at 8:35 pmP0NCH

^ I agree with all of the above XD

• February 26, 2011 at 1:52 amGun the ammoless

Commence, APPROVAL!!!

• February 26, 2011 at 3:17 amAlec

I hear ya man. If only she was the main character…. -_-

• February 25, 2011 at 7:50 pmCunnifer

I think i’m dropping this anime.. too harem-esque for me.

• February 25, 2011 at 8:10 pmBossun

But the action is so great…

• February 25, 2011 at 11:07 pmClick

The action is amazing, but you gotta admit that sometimes the animation quality is kind of… -facepalm- status :P Everything will be going so great, and then suddenly previously destroyed weapons will reappear in the next scene =X

• February 25, 2011 at 8:45 pmShiden

Be honest. It’s a sci-fi high school romantic comedy, where the setting consists of ONE guy in a school full of girls. Were you really expecting something other than a full-blown harem series?

• February 26, 2011 at 12:51 amGhostalker

Well this series spare me of my mecha starvation, after all we don’t have a Gundam or Macross series. Super Robot Wars is not my cup of tea, so IS is the only mecha series for me right now (I’m not counting Gundam UC and Break Blade, they are OVAs), so far the animation and action is decent, at least giving me a Macross vibe with their style of animation, and also you couldn’t discounted the Harem part, it is a harem done right for me.

• February 25, 2011 at 7:52 pmRazgriz

Frame 18 is kinda…suggestive. And Houki FTW C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!

And boy that Valkyrie Trace System packs a wallop. I remember when Sauron used to bash groups of infantry in the LOTR game. But this is very interesting. Laura is different from the other girls in that lucky bastard’s harem. Maybe because she’s a straight-to-the-point person.

If you ask me, AIC is a cheap trick.

• February 25, 2011 at 7:53 pmkn09

revolving stake XD XD
    Also, an obligatory beach episode rarely had me waiting in anticipation like this
    maybe also because of that preview pic of Laura. She really goes all out :D

• February 25, 2011 at 7:54 pmbear

All I could think of when Laura said he was her husband was Tsukiumi from Sekirei. If you get beaten by a man he has to become your husband??

• February 25, 2011 at 8:10 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

Not too surprising…don’t Amazons (strong women, lol) have some code that if a man manages to defeat them, then they are to be married as the “strongest pair”? (At least with Ranma 1/2, that’s how it went XD)

• February 26, 2011 at 1:19 amxcswmboy

Yea, I think that was from Greek Mythology about one part of Hercules.

• February 25, 2011 at 8:19 pmShirt

lmao That’s so messed up. I’m pretty sure that was the case in Arakawa Under the Bridge too. Poor Kou..

• February 25, 2011 at 8:26 pmTama

Lol… Too much Tsukiumi Vibe inside laura

• February 25, 2011 at 10:16 pmAnnyms

well…same voice actress lol

• February 26, 2011 at 6:38 am0927123

That’s why! Thanks for the heads up. haha

• February 25, 2011 at 7:57 pmZangkin

Awesome episode!!!! The fighting was cool but the machine taking over Laura was sort of weird. Anyways, what I got from this episode is that Laura is taking the lead and I’m rooting for her. She’s my favorite along with second being Charlotte. I don’t know, Laura’s just different from the other girls and she’s probably the coolest out of them all. Hopefully she’ll show up a lot more and judging from the previews, she’s aiming for the gold.

• February 25, 2011 at 10:29 pmZangkin

I’d also like to point out that Ichika was fairly annoying this week.

• February 25, 2011 at 7:58 pmHarbin

hopes the singles of each VA is out soon

• February 25, 2011 at 8:06 pmShirt

Houki’s charged fierce kick was incredible. I wish I could cripple my Marketing Rep like that right about now!
    Oh! The pain~!

Charlotte is definitely on my winlist. I can picture her being the class president or something because she’s so calm and collected. She seems to be hiding some things from the gang though. (Aside from being a spy.) ^^;

Laura looks like a polished kisser. Lucky Ichika.. :P

• February 25, 2011 at 8:44 pmP0NCH

Hell hath no fury like a tsundere woman scorned :P
      The kick was rib shatteringly appropriate lol

• February 25, 2011 at 8:10 pmBossun

Now that’s considered a Tsundere, right? A character that goes from hating someone to liking them?

• February 25, 2011 at 8:13 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

Not quite.

They’re usually someone who really does like that person, but they do sometimes show a much softer side (usually only to that person) and, at other times, tend to hide their feelings under a more “negative” surface (abusing them, usually physically, lol, acting like they don’t care, or something like that).

Houki is more of the tsundere of the series albeit a much “lighter” one and not nearly as exaggerated as, say, Mio of MM!, lol.

• February 25, 2011 at 8:10 pmEliteF22

Well, the animosity didn’t last long.

• February 25, 2011 at 8:11 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

Feeling-wise, Charlotte is FAR(THER) ahead of all the others.

Action-wise, however, Laura went from 0 to “OVER 9000!!!!!!!!” instantly XD.

• February 25, 2011 at 8:15 pmShirt

Don’t worry. French kissing wasn’t invented by the Germans~ ;P
      I’m sure Charlotte will have her chance. (I hope!)

• February 25, 2011 at 8:43 pmObsidianTK

Hah! Well said.

• February 25, 2011 at 8:18 pmdeadguy

last image of Houki is awesome

• February 25, 2011 at 8:18 pmVelcro

I love this show. ^^

I only really feel bad for Houki. I hope she gets her personal IS soon. She totally deserves it! I mean, they better include it before the series is over.

I think the top three contenders for Ichika are Houki, Charlotte, and Laura. Plus they’re also my favorites out of the five girls. ^__^

• February 25, 2011 at 8:24 pmLee

I have mixed feelings about how this played out with Laura. The LN sounds better, based on what I’ve read on Wiki:

BTW, the explanation for Laura’s “assertiveness” after the tournament:

• February 25, 2011 at 8:29 pm♕Croozboy♕

IH – infinite harem XD.
    this was one hell of a messy episode
    hhahahaha Ichika lag 2 sec before he realize that he was kissed.

• February 25, 2011 at 8:30 pmamatsu

OMG ICHIKA KNOWS TSUBAME GAESHI

• February 25, 2011 at 8:32 pmTama

Her Reaction So Funny = http://randomc.net/image/Infinite%20Stratos/Infinite%20Stratos%20-%2008%20-%20Large%2039.jpg
    Great Action… Charlotte Definitely skilled/Calm and Specialized among others (Cecillia, Rin, Houki) Nice too see this team http://randomc.net/image/Infinite%20Stratos/Infinite%20Stratos%20-%2008%20-%20Large%2003.jpg Finally Beat Laura.

• February 25, 2011 at 8:49 pmRoflCopterOfRoffleness

Yeah, Charlotte is The girl. (imo)

1.Skilled in multiple weapons, not to mention she’s using an ‘outdated’ IS compared to the others’ OP ones.
      2.Not a tsundere, and she’s honest. <3
      3.Makes awesome remarks.
      4."Ichika no ecchi"
      5.Hanazawa Kana

K.thx

• February 25, 2011 at 8:40 pmjz

Charlotte better be the end girl, or I will storm Japan. I feel bad for Houki too, and I was rooting for her before Charlotte showed up, but it’s not even close now. Charlotte is the perfect girl for him.

• February 25, 2011 at 8:42 pmNhelraios

Way to go Charlotte! Especially at the bath scene “Minaide Ichika no Ecchi” <3

• February 25, 2011 at 8:48 pmP0NCH

Almost all the dialogue between Ichika and Charlotte is just sooo darn cute!

• February 25, 2011 at 8:44 pmDude

Charlotte pretty much confessed to Ichika. In the nude, in the pool, with her impressive French assets on his back. And previously even allowed Ichika the honor of viewing her rose.

All Laura did was to kiss Ichika.

What have the other girls done? Nothing.

Charlotte wins, followed by Laura.

• February 25, 2011 at 8:50 pmNine

If i was Ichika, i would choose Charlotte.

• February 26, 2011 at 1:08 amDude

Hell yes!

• February 25, 2011 at 8:47 pmNine

Team work always win. Laura should have learn some lessons from that fight. In addition, I think Charlotte and Ichika are better couple considering their team work (well just my opinion).

• February 25, 2011 at 8:58 pmglubglubglub

This show is repulsive trash, you are all scumbags for liking it

• February 25, 2011 at 9:07 pmTama

STFU troll….

• February 25, 2011 at 9:07 pmDa5id

And you’re a repulsive scumbag for saying so. Seriously, you came on this site just to say that?

• February 26, 2011 at 6:27 pm7

STOP HAVING FUN, WHY ARE YOU GUYS HAVING FUN

• February 25, 2011 at 9:08 pmjrj

I loled so hard at the “be my wife” part, that is some serious gender role swap we have here :)
    and Ichika should be the densest male lead of the year… wonders how he is going to look at Charlotte after the bath event…
    Houki’s combo attack to Ichika and her reaction to the kiss was priceless as well… just pure win!
    can’t wait to see how this show delivers its beach episode

• February 25, 2011 at 9:15 pmShiden

“Sometimes I wonder if you’re doing it on purpose…”

• February 25, 2011 at 9:23 pmRoflCopterOfRoffleness

Sometimes i wonder, if Ichika’s got hormones. The guy doesn’t seem to feel anything with all the girls around him. Densest male lead of the year indeed. Sheesh. Girl trapped in a boy’s body much? No wonder he can use an IS. Lol

• February 25, 2011 at 9:16 pmDa5id

I’m starting to wonder when Ichika will come to terms with the fact that EVERY GIRL IN SCHOOL HAS A CRUSH ON HIM. Except maybe Yamada. A lot of them only because he has a penis and they apparently haven’t seen a creature with one for quite some time.

I can honestly see very clearly him calling a press conference telling all of them to back off simply so he can get through a week of learning done without any forced and unprovoked romantic/sexual tension. And then watch them all try and fail. Perverted and hilarious antics ensue.

• February 25, 2011 at 9:17 pmFlamingYu

Priceless face by Houki. lol

And more Laura *awesome full length shot* fanservice(?) since the preview only show her “naked” with many BG scenes.

• February 25, 2011 at 9:19 pmShirt

Yes. Many thanks to you Divine for your fine work there! :D

• February 26, 2011 at 12:00 amCharlotte FTW

Personally I felt that the shot when she first heard Charlotte was a girl was pretty close. I mean, she had to be thinking “I got moved from the room for what?” LOL

• February 26, 2011 at 3:02 amBio D

Even if this episode had been complete and utter trash, Houki’s facial expressions would have made it worth it.

• February 25, 2011 at 9:19 pmPera

I got a little irritated at Ichika thinking that Houki wanted to go shopping with him. I don’t think she could have maked it any clearer for him that she likes him, other than maybe doing the same as Laura, and just kiss him and forcing him to marry her. I’m excited watching how Ichika’s going to react towards Laura after she just kissed him. Or maybe his just to stupid to understand that she likes him too

• February 25, 2011 at 9:23 pmFlamingYu

We’ll know what’s the meaning to her ” your wife ” phrase means in the next episode. *maybe*

• February 25, 2011 at 9:25 pmDa5id

Rin: If you like my cooking that much, I could make some more…when we’re mar-

Ichika: Sure, I love food!

Houki: GO OUT WITH ME.

Ichika: She must mean shopping.

Laura: You are my husband now.

Ichika: ….shopping?

• February 25, 2011 at 9:52 pmAlex4life

lmao

• February 25, 2011 at 10:14 pmjrj

so in Laura’s book there must be a full-time house husband wife role for Ichika? XD

• February 25, 2011 at 10:24 pmRijasy

Haha, nice. That gave me a laugh. :P

• February 26, 2011 at 2:18 pmP0NCH

Too true :)
        @jrj: If I were in Ichika’s shoes I’d go with Laura and the full-time house husband wife role XD

• February 25, 2011 at 9:19 pmDa5id

Why is my previous comment “awaiting moderation”?

• February 27, 2011 at 5:50 pmDivine

It was automatically flagged because of the word “penis”.

• February 25, 2011 at 9:25 pmShirt

“genetically-enhanced super soldier..”

Yep she’s the new Cloud. :1

• February 25, 2011 at 9:26 pmIncognito

“Anyone else think “Revolving Stake!” when Charlotte took it to Laura with her shield pierce?”

The only other thing missing from the scene is the chorus from “MAXON.”

(Isoge! Shoot it in the flame! Yatsu wo uchi tsuranuke
    Kegare no nai sono me de ima
    We can find our way! Bokura wa hashiru
    Asu no yume wo shinjite towa he Max the Power!)

Now I want to see someone make a mecha musume fanart of Charlotte as the Alt Eisen (or the upgraded Riese). Either that or a MAXON + Infinite Stratos MAD…

Poor Houki and the lack of character focus on her. If this keeps up and she doesn’t get her personal IS soon, she might go the way of poor Rihocchi (read: Friendzone) relationship-wise…

And next week…beach episode! (One of the must-have staples of every harem anime!)

• February 25, 2011 at 10:17 pmjrj

oh god, please don’t remind me of how horrible Rihoko was treated… hopefully IS staff won’t be as mean to Houki or any other girls in this international harem than Amagami crew did to Rihoko…

• February 25, 2011 at 10:29 pmThe Moondogg

SRW:OriginalGeneration2 + InfiniteStratos + CosmicBreak = MAD WIN! Think France-tan…

Charlotte Dunoa
      -red armour
      -chockfull of guns
      -has that one melee weapon (You know that upgrade of revolver stake from the game)

• February 26, 2011 at 5:38 amSuppa Tenko

I painted the sister unit of that over powered yellow small melee unit red, gave it a spear(because they has no revolver stake) and a machine gun.

• February 28, 2011 at 5:13 amMoondogg

The only bot that passively looks like someone in IS to CB is the Destructor Girl: Looks like Yamada Maya-sensei….

• February 25, 2011 at 9:27 pmStranger

The show is a completely different beast from what I thought it to be.

Being mainly a harem anime with some sci-fi robot action elements sprinkled every now and then, I hope that it won’t try to take itself too seriously as the series nears it’s end.

That aside, I doubt Charlotte will be the end girl, as it’d simply be too obvious. But dammit, they’re just too cute together.

I was also a little disappointed to see that Laura hasn’t managed to hold out against our Casanova longer.

• February 25, 2011 at 9:35 pm0927123

This is a rip off ahahahaha

• February 25, 2011 at 9:42 pmFlamingYu

lol, seems like it.
      FF8, brings back memories.

• February 26, 2011 at 6:31 am0927123

Nostalgia rush!

• February 25, 2011 at 9:41 pmFlamingYu

Now the side banners have more meaning for a fan battle.
    Rival fights *applies to Cecilia / Rin and Charlotte / Laura*

Left team vs Right team

Ichika (Byakushiki) vs Houki (Personal IS, rivals Byakushiki)

Cecilia (Blue Tears) vs Rin (Shenlong)

Charlotte (Rafale Revive Cst II) vs Laura (Schwarzer Regen)

Chifuyu (herself is enough) vs Yamada (Rafale Revive?)

Seriously, we can clearly see the winning side

• February 25, 2011 at 9:44 pmexia

I laughed when Laura said “be my wife”.

• February 25, 2011 at 9:50 pmBROOKLYN otaku

damn! gave away the whole ep with that last preview pic

• February 25, 2011 at 9:51 pmAzuma

And now, Harem Sentai is complete! Now we have to wait for Houki to get her red personal IS.

• February 25, 2011 at 10:00 pmpaulrenzo

I find it amusing that the two newest characters are way ahead of the previous 3, despite being introduced later.

Personally, from a minor spoiler I read about Ichika, he said “shopping” just to avoid giving Houki the idea that they’re an item already.

• February 26, 2011 at 4:04 pmDa5id

By personally, do you mean that its your opinion? Or is that actually something that happens?

• February 25, 2011 at 10:15 pmShiden

Did anyone else notice how inconsistent the end of the battle was? The animators couldn’t seem to remember that Charlotte had destroyed the Schwarzer Regen’s railgun, and it kept appearing and disappearing as she got thrown around. (I’ll post links, but that post will get held up for moderation)

As for IS design, this episode really highlights how much of a flawed 4th generation prototype Byakushiki is. It uses almost all of its weapon capacity to power a single ability, its only weapon (except for whatever Charlotte can slip him to get around that rule) is a weapon with slightly longer range than the 2nd generation Revolving Stake (and yes, I think the Alt’s stake is so iconic at this point that anyone who knows about SRW will be making that reference), AND the Yukihira Mk.II is cast from hit points unlike the second generation weapon. Of course, the Rafael Revive Custom is somewhat overpowered in its own way, considering the massive loadout that Charlotte has it decked out with.

Still, who decided that Reiraku Byakuya was worth sacrificing any customization potential at all? Unless it ends up doing something really amazing (unlike what we’ve seen so far where it just seems to make Ichika glow), remove it and give the poor guy some other weapons.

• February 25, 2011 at 10:24 pmThe Moondogg

* Anyone else think “Revolving Stake!” when Charlotte took it to Laura with her shield pierce?*

*Raises hands*
    Too bad they censor the bath scene. I would love it if they had some kind of narration for what Ichika was thinking. All I heard was he was staring at Charlotte and Charlotte bringing out her catchphrase ~Ichika no Echii~…

• February 25, 2011 at 10:27 pmewok40k

Charlotte is MVP to be sure… smart, cheerful, no-nonsense and not a drop of tsun to spoil her sweetness… and best partner for Ichika in an IS!
    Though Laura has amazed me with her all-or-nothing megatsun-megadere!
    Getting off a first kiss, first deep kiss, and a “he will be my waifu” confession all at once is just so over the top.
    Poor Houki, its time to abandon USS “Childhood friend”.
    But even she isnt in as dire straits as Ceecilia and Rin, being relegated to the comedic relief status…
    Harem mayhem at its finest…

• February 25, 2011 at 10:46 pm0927123

I like the Charlotte bandwagon. But yes! you do have a point Laura with her megatsun to megadere transition! Turned me instantly to a Laura fan with that kiss, and be my waifu. lol

• February 25, 2011 at 10:53 pmFlamingYu

awesome, another Laura fan.
        people should dump Charle…Charlotte after she reveal “her true self”, it’s Laura’s Time now, to be in “bed” with Ichika.

• February 26, 2011 at 1:35 amP0NCH

Charlotte is nice and all, but you gotta love the assertive girls :D
        Also, Laura has an eye patch. Freaking eye patch!!!
        Instant win in my book

• February 26, 2011 at 5:49 pmPieprsn

NON!!!! LES FILLES FRANCAISE FTW!!!!!

• February 25, 2011 at 10:58 pmShirt

They are comedy relief aren’t they.. Lol

• February 25, 2011 at 10:36 pmkazukifafner

IS? In-character?

Does not compute!

*head explodes*

• February 25, 2011 at 11:09 pmthenewhorde

Although Laura is cool, and Houki was my type straight from the start, I have to totally agree on Charlotte. Something about her just charms me. Might be cause of the stocking-less outfit that gets me riled up like whoever posted last time, but her personality is way ahead of all the other Ichika fangirls right now.

Order of preferred heroine… Charlotte > Houki = Laura > Cecilia > Rin

• February 25, 2011 at 11:12 pmfragb85

The best part is undoubtedly Steel Charlotte. I half-expected her to bring out a Heat Horn and go Trump Card on Germany-tan’s ass.

And seeing Germany shove her tongue down Ichika’s throat was hilarious.

• February 26, 2011 at 12:33 pmGun the ammoless

or claymore, she obviously has the balls to do so

• February 26, 2011 at 9:06 pmProgeny

Agree! Regardless of what generation the IS belongs, still, its all about the pilot’s skill … and Charlotte undoubtedly has that. I’m really waiting for her to use her ultimate weapon … the French Kiss :p

• February 25, 2011 at 11:20 pmcharles

charlotte!!!!!!!!!!!i love you!!…The best!

• February 25, 2011 at 11:41 pmOmega

The last 90 secs of this episode is the EPIC part of the whole episode :3 Been re watching that part for lots of time now :3

And now, just for lol:

Laura had stole Ichika first kiss, so who’s gonna pop his cheery first :p LOL :3

• February 26, 2011 at 12:36 amNadavu

The only thing I like about this series is Charlotte.

• February 26, 2011 at 3:04 amprejsu

Charlotte still has my backing. But gotta give the Laura chick a credit, she sure is bold with her feelings. But hell, that bathtub scene was damn steamy…:D

• February 26, 2011 at 3:15 amAlec

Since she finally introduced herself as a girl, Im pretty sure Shes gonna move out from Ichika’s room, losing a huge advatage as a result. I would have prefered if She continued pretending as a guy, and get more moments with Ichika.

• February 26, 2011 at 6:59 amprejsu

yup, the same here^^

• February 26, 2011 at 3:13 amBio D

Charlotte and Laura FTW!
    That battle was awesome, even if the animation was somewhat inconsistent. The teamwork between Charlotte and Ichika was great, although it’s a shame Houki got snubbed so soon. Here’s hoping for a mid-series upgrade!
    As for Laura’s actions in this episode, while often petty and spiteful, remember that being a soldier is all she knows. Human Interaction 101 was most likely not a given course. She sees something that not only threatens to take her idol and saviour away from her, but also reveals what she views as a fault in said saviour (as she doesn’t understand the urge to protect a loved one and the strength that comes from it), so she eliminates it. When the blemish proves to be a strength and that something proves to be her better she disires to obtain it and is as blunt about the whole thing as possible.
    And Ichika being given a shot at awesomenss following Laura’s transformation? Well, since he’s the one who knows her technique the best, he’d be the most effective against her. Although I might just be making excuses for a show I love at this point :P.
    Charlotte = Laura > Houki > > Rin (but only because she’s known Ichika longer than Cecilia) > Cecilia

• February 26, 2011 at 3:25 amBio D

(Crap, browser ate my post)
    And it continues to boggel me how much the school staff allows the students to get away with.
    So far we have destruction of property, hospitalization of students, use of illegal tech, ATTEMPTED MURDER

• February 26, 2011 at 3:27 amBio D

, and disruption of classes! WTH IS acadamy?
      Is it because control of an IS is such a big deal that governments put pressure on the school to keep students in?

• February 26, 2011 at 2:22 pmP0NCH

lol, not to mention where the heck does all the money/funding come from? Even if the future’s economy is better off then it is now, keeping IS’s running and operational has gotta be very expensive :P

• February 26, 2011 at 3:28 amfluidity

http://randomc.net/image/Infinite%20Stratos/Infinite%20Stratos%20-%2008%20-%20Large%2039.jpg => Chances are, Houki is gonna go murder Ichika. With all the girls assembled, let the “real battle” begin!

• February 26, 2011 at 6:34 am0927123

Loved Houki’s face out of all the other girls. It was just priceless!

• February 26, 2011 at 3:34 amwallaceishere

one of the best episode ever!!!!!!! i mean come on ichika, so many cute girls loving you and you don’t realize it!!!!!!WTF man!!!

btw nice comment on the wife(bitch) part, divine……..

IS FTW!!!!

• February 26, 2011 at 5:23 amMrRei

Hearing the full version of Super Stream reminds me that this show has a powerhouse of cast.. They do have unique voices that you could tell who’s character is singing. But now I want to hear a solo for each of them.
    Another thing to note is Hanazawa Kana’s voice impressions.. you don’t even need to put her character on screen. They can just point to some random scenery and you can already tell that the character is very cute. Her voice acting is almost illegal!

• February 26, 2011 at 6:20 amOwaranai

In terms of favs, Charlotte leads for me, followed by Houki (love it how she immediately followed up with a punch to Ichika’s face so quickly. She probably expected that answer).

Laura’s development, despite showing her cuter side, comes off as a little forced for me. It feels too fast, and even with Charlotte’s near immediate re-introduction as a girl (which I hope will be explained). Just the day before she was telling Ichika he could call her Charlotte in private and now this?

Still, the IS action was really good despite a few animation flaw, though it would probably be silly to major on the minor. Beach episode next, with more Laura, presumably. Looks like fun. =)

• February 26, 2011 at 6:45 amraymond klyne

i think what laura is thinking when she decided to make ichika her “wife” is because, she now believes chifuyu is strong precisely because she has someone important to look after(her brother). Therefore, to be like chifuyu, laura decides to get her own “important person” and thus picks ichika to be her “wife”

• February 26, 2011 at 7:27 amjingoi

i hope the dvd version gets rid of all the undesired scenery and shows me Charlotte from Ichika’s view.

• February 26, 2011 at 7:33 amLoliknewit

Laura: “Ichika is mai Waifu”…
    Now everything is clear:
    Laura isnt only a Queens Bitch Aldra Clone but also a freakin futanari dominatrix O_O
    Reasons why Ichika will probably end up as Lauras shemalesexslave/wife:
    1) He’s in an all-girl school and didn’t score up till now (forget the smooch)
    2) he was only interested in Charles/charlotte because he thought she was a guy…
    3)He’s already wearing some tight skin battle suit and this episode he promised to wear the female uniform if he loses to Laura…
    4) Laura calls him his bitch (mai waifu)
    5) Nano-genetics and the question “why the fuck can this dude navigate an women-only battle machine”…

and 6) The show is shortend as IS – InterSexed anyone?

Ichi-ko for the win! get him some double D or F Cups now!

• February 26, 2011 at 7:38 amSAScans

I maintain that the problem isn’t Ichika being clueless that every girl in the series likes him, its just that he isn’t into women. The closest he’s gotten to looking at any of the girls as more than a friend was with Charlotte and following my theory it was because he initially thought she was a guy.

With that in mind it puts the series in a completely different light when you watch it.

• February 26, 2011 at 10:43 amStrike

Blame his insensitivity towards women…

• February 26, 2011 at 3:27 pmTama

At last Ichika Not Yuuki Rito ;p

• February 26, 2011 at 9:00 amMatroid

What can I say? Lucky guy!

• February 26, 2011 at 11:49 amHucSao

IchikaXHouki FTW!!

• February 26, 2011 at 11:59 amRickyMack

laura reminds me of http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/Nu-13

• February 26, 2011 at 12:14 pmEvid3nt

I want Ran to make a cameo appearance =3

Charlotte > Ran > Laura > Houki > Rin > Cecilia
    My order that i’d like. Charlotte is just so moe and no tsun whatsoever. Sharing a bath has GOT to improve her chances than a kiss, right? Anyways, next episode is the Beach episode, dubbing thee Infinite Cliches. Ah well, enjoyment level is always high, no matter the plot.

~waifu

• February 26, 2011 at 1:23 pmhaseo0408

Remember how I said last week that I find a little hard to belive that Laura is going to get madly inlove with Ichika? Well forget about all that, I officially have no more doubts. In any case my favorite girls are still Houki and Charlotte, but Laura is surely a tough one. The only ones honest with their feelings are Charlotte and Laura, so Houki has to do something quickly or Charlotte is going to get Ichika´s heart.

• February 26, 2011 at 2:03 pmgawrshness

it’s amazing how Laura becomes so much more girlish without her eyepatch

• February 26, 2011 at 4:22 pmIchigomaru

damn lucky bastard!

• February 26, 2011 at 4:29 pmNanoNano

Well, there you go, Tsundere gets you nowhere. Either you’re Deredere or you’re agressive.

• February 26, 2011 at 4:42 pmanishuma

Charlotte/Charles was already my favorite girl, but when she busted out that Revolver Stake in the form of a mini Trump Card (Machine Gun Rush replaced Claymores and it’s mini cuz of no heat horn), I cried manly tears, and raised my fist in the air.Charlotte Dunoa, descendant of Excellen Browning and Kyosuke Nanbu, cannot unsee lol.

• February 26, 2011 at 4:53 pmGia V.

I rather like Charlotte and Ichika together. I think she’s at least the most level-headed of the bunch and the one who gets along with Ichika the best. I’d like to hope this won’t turn out so predictable with the IchikaxHouki pairing, but I guess one can’t be too hopeful with these types of anime.

• February 26, 2011 at 4:55 pmanishuma

I can’t stand the first girl=chosen girl situation either.I hope it’s not the case with IS.IchikaxCharlotte must happen!

• February 26, 2011 at 6:28 pm7

FRANCE TAN IS STILL BEST TAN

• February 26, 2011 at 6:53 pmIchikaxHouki

Dx NOOOOOOOOOOOO I feel so bad for houki !! I love Charlotte but Houki and Ichika have to be together *cry* Houki can you please freaking hurry up and show Ichika how u feel !omfg I want them to end up together ! I was rooting for them from the beginning :D I know most of yous r Charlotte fans and she’s pretty cool but HoukixIchika ftw :D

don’t hate this post it’s my opinion :) thankyou

• February 26, 2011 at 7:07 pmSuppa Tenko

I just realized that the Alt Eisen is a CHAR machine, it has a horn, is red, and its specialty is frontal attacks… plus the fact that its mainly a heavily customized Gespenst.

I was waiting so long for Divine to post this episode, because of the Revolver Stake reference :3.

• February 26, 2011 at 11:34 pmrasone0104

Well as always another excelent EP of IS altohuhg I would have prefered if Charles didnt reveal her gender. Aside formt that the only thing thats left me wondering is whats next?
    ~the only possible thing I see is a new arc involving Houki’s sister which will make Houki, Ichikas main girl again or a new threat probably innvolving chifuyu and her assistant

• February 27, 2011 at 11:29 amYanDaMan

Ichika’s denseness is getting on my nerves. He’s even worse than the dude in Kampfer. And thats saying alot.

• February 27, 2011 at 3:27 pmFMeral16

I was incredibly disappointed that Charlotte revealed that she’s a girl to the whole class right after a very sweet scene telling Ichika to call her Charlotte when they’re alone. It kind of just rendered that bath conversation meaningless, and now she might get the boot from his room too. Now she’ll probably join Houki in the background, which makes me incredibly sad.

Also I’m pretty sure after all that, Ichika’s still too dumb to realize she likes him too.

• February 28, 2011 at 10:11 amStrike

Infinite Charles.

• February 28, 2011 at 12:37 pmpedobear

How about I genderbend this anime, with the sole heroine in the story is Ichika with her male harem?

• March 12, 2011 at 5:06 amThanThan

Get on that allready.

• March 1, 2011 at 6:21 amTan-Tan

shit. Charles should remain Charles. Why’d they have her reveal her gender?!?!?! Now they don’t have an intimate secret that will make love points! (reference: Kami-sama). If the guy doesn’t end up with Charlotte, I’m going to be pissed off