Steins;Gate – 25 (Bonus Episode) »« Steins;Gate – 23

Steins Gate   24   19 Steins Gate   24   20 Steins Gate   24   21
Steins Gate   24   22 Steins Gate   24   23 Steins Gate   24   24
Steins Gate   24   25 Steins Gate   24   26 Steins Gate   24   27
Steins Gate   24   28 Steins Gate   24   29 Steins Gate   24   30
Steins Gate   24   31 Steins Gate   24   32 Steins Gate   24   33
Steins Gate   24   34 Steins Gate   24   35 Steins Gate   24   36

「終わりと始まりのプロローグ」 (Owari to Hajimari no Purorōgu)
“Prologue to the End and Beginning”

Tuturu! Finale season is upon us, and it begins with one of the most highly anticipated endings in many a year as Steins;Gate finally concludes its epic journey through time. The obvious question on everyone’s mind – did it live up to the hype?

For the most part, I would have to say yes. Finales are hard – damn hard. And in many ways the better the series the harder it is to meet expectations (I could point to countless examples of this). White Fox chose a safe route for this ending, delivering up a satisfying 22 minutes that was short on surprises but long on audience gratification. I would judge this episode to be a couple of notches below the very best this series has had to offer, but I’d be hard-pressed to think of a really good series whose final episode was among the very strongest.

In a sense it seems as if the suspense was sucked out of this episode by the epic blockbuster last week, which effectively spoiled the ending in almost every way. Thus, the drama this time wasn’t so much about wondering what was going to happen as in anticipating it. Okabe’s plan went off more or less as expected, with only one real surprise – but it was a shocker. Covering all his bases, he poached the metal oopa before his other self could snag it for Mayuri, ensuring that Professor Nakabachi’s paper (really Kurisu’s paper) would burn on the plane. The meat of his plan was exactly as he laid out from the future – con his younger self into believing Kurisu was stabbed when in reality, she was only unconscious. The tools of the trade: a Taser and the “Cyalume Saber” – a future gadget full of a sticky red liquid that would obviously come in very useful.

Here’s where the episode took its one real shocking turn. With the blood inside the light sabre dried up, Okabe had to think quickly, and an already GAR character established his place in the GAR Hall of Fame. With no fake blood to fool himself, Okabe used the most obvious source of real blood around – himself – and goaded Kurisu’s father into stabbing him. When he stuck those four fingers into the wound to generate the volume he needed – wow. That was definitely the most intense moment of the finale. There was a part of me that wondered just for a moment if we were going to get equivalent exchange after all, but I never really believed that – so it came as no surprise that when he returned three weeks into the future with Suzuha, he made it to the hospital in time. Suzuha herself disappeared, her future self now never having needed to travel back in time.

Was I surprised to see Kurisu cross paths with Okabe during the epilogue? No, I pretty much expected it. But then, it was artfully done – I enjoyed watching Mayuri chase Okabe from lab member to lab member, giving us one last chance (or was it?) to see old friends. What I especially enjoyed was the subtle irony written into the script – if Okabe’s Cyalume Saber had worked, it seems to me that Kurisu would never have come looking for him. It was the act of taking a knife wound for her than impressed her enough to do that, which I suppose was the choice of Steins;Gate. El Psy Congroo. That was definitely a clever and poetic cherry on top of the story.

So in the end, we got a lot of vamping (Mayuri’s “Okae-Rin!” – how cute was that?) by the major characters and an almost totally happy ending. Daru mugged for the camera and asked about his future wife, Okabe gave us several full-on mad scientist moments, and Moeka even got a job at Braun’s shop. I’m actually a fan of the happy ending, and we don’t really see them all that often. I was a little conflicted, since part of me felt like there had to be a lasting price paid for all the time meddling that happened here, but no one could make the case that Okabe didn’t suffer plenty – Mayuri and Kurisu too, to a lesser degree. So I have no complaints. This was a character driven series in spite of all the time travel and pseudo-science, and I was thrilled to see these characters end the story happy and in a good place. If it wasn’t a thrilling and mind-blowing finale, it was certainly a satisfying one – and that’s good enough for me.

ED4 Sequence

Steins Gate   ED4   01 Steins Gate   ED4   02 Steins Gate   ED4   03
Steins Gate   ED4   04 Steins Gate   ED4   05 Steins Gate   ED4   06

ED4: 「Another Heaven」 by いとうかなこ (Itou Kanako)

Final Impressions:

When people (me included) write the book on anime in 2011, there’s no question that Steins;Gate is going to be acknowledged as one of the most important and most popular anime of the year. Through three quarters, S;G, Madoka Magica and AnoHana are probably the three most talked-about series of the year. In my mind this show is clearly deserving of that honor – it won’t end up as my number one series of the year but it will certainly rank in the top 10, and certainly ahead of Madoka Magica. It may also rank with Kanon 2006 as one of the greatest VN adaptations of all time.

The fact that I went into this series with almost no knowledge of the source material and was still able to enjoy it as thoroughly as I did speaks volumes about the fantastic job White Fox did with this adaptation. They realized going in that they were making an anime, not a game, and as simple as that sounds it’s something studios get wrong all the time. I won’t drone on about why adapting games and VNs is so difficult, but to have accomplished the task of pleasing the VN fans and thrilling a new group of viewers may be Steins;Gate’s greatest victory. There were remarkably few complaints from the gamers and the new viewers were hooked in almost immediately by the fascinating premise and great dialogue. White Fox took a twisting, convoluted series of routes and weaved them into a coherent, linear dialogue that was full of mystery but easy to follow. They did this in part by telling the audience just enough every week to feel like they were getting somewhere, while still keeping a few mysteries up their sleeve.

One of the things that pleased me almost immediately about this series was the dialogue. Whatever the source material, it was funny – really, genuinely funny and smart to boot. I commented way back when (before I even joined RC) that listening to Okabe and Kurisu banter was like listening to Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn go at it in one of the great screwball comedies of the 30’s and 40’s. The meat of the credit goes to the writing staff, especially Hanada Jukki (Seitokai no Ichizon, Level E, Natsume Yuujinchou, Sola, Kuragehime – what a track record!) But the cast deserves their share of the praise as well. Imai Asami, KanaHana, Tamura Yukari, Goto Saori – I’ve called all of them out for their strong work here over the last couple of months. But the center of the show was obviously Miyano Mamoru as Okabe, and he delivers one of the standout seiyuu performances of recent memory. To be blunt, I wasn’t a big fan of his before this series, but he’s found the role of a lifetime here. Okabe Rintarou is a perfect fit for Miyano’s grandiose, snarky delivery – but what really impressed me was the depth of emotion he was able to bring to Okabe’s darker moments. Miyano was great at hitting dialogue like “Hello, I am mad scientist – so coool! Sunovabitch.” out of the park, and he nailed the romantic banter with Imai Asami’s Kurisu. But he also went to some very dark places with Okabe and really showed us what was happening in the mind of this strange, egomaniacal, insecure and ultimately heroic 18 year-old. He’s my early favorite for male seiyuu performance of the year, along with Hirata Hiroaki’s Kabaragi Kotestsu.

So in the end, I would call Steins;Gate a success in every way these things can be measured. It was superb visually, pleased fans both old and new, drew strong ratings and sold a ton of DVDs and Blu-Rays. And the great thing is, all of it was deserved. It was a first-class production that delivered both as an entertainment and as something more, a series that was smart and filled with big ideas that both played fair with its audience and challenged them. I guess all that it was led to the announcement at the end of the episode that there would be a film adaptation of the story. Details are sketchy at this point, and the short clip certainly didn’t give anything away, but I have enough faith in White Fox to view this announcement with excitement rather than trepidation. As good a job as they did with the TV, I expect they’ll do just fine with the movie.

Preview (Movie)

Steins Gate   24   Preview 01 Steins Gate   24   Preview 02 Steins Gate   24   Preview 03
September 13, 2011 at 3:41 pm
  • September 14, 2011 at 8:36 amShrubbery

El Psy Congroo!

This anime is definitely ranked in my Top 3!

• September 14, 2011 at 9:04 amlkaze

~~Tutturu~~

WOW, finally finish the entire comments. That was fun. Reading and replying the entire comment is like doubling the fun I have with S;G. And listening to “Hacking to Gate” and “Sky Clad no Kansokusha” while I was writing triple that.

Final remark:

El Psy Congroo!! All my comrade, we will meet again in another great anime. :)

• September 14, 2011 at 6:07 pmchaos

It never gonna to end. It will reach a 1,000 comments before you know it…

• September 14, 2011 at 9:28 amsaviourshadow

if u think steins gate has ended its nt steins gate movie has been announced so dun feel sad jus yet

• September 14, 2011 at 9:48 amJunchi

This anime is definitely ranked in my Top 1!

Fix’d it for me! :3

• September 14, 2011 at 10:05 amharo

Now we wait for Robotics;Notes

El Psy Congroo

• September 14, 2011 at 10:20 amzeroyuki92

Best anime of 2011 up till now. Let’s see if F/Z or Guilty crown can exceed it,they’re the most potential challenger. Boku wa tomodachi could also compete but in different way of epicness, though

Gonna change my top 5 in MAL, but it seems that it’s database crashed. Too many people join the epicness party?

• September 14, 2011 at 11:33 amRoo

is it me, or does anyone else think that maybe Daru’s wife is Moeka?? Seems to make sense since he works in the shop now lol

• September 14, 2011 at 4:10 pmDivine

Anymore comments like this is going to drive fragb85 insane. You should search for his name in this post.

• September 14, 2011 at 5:11 pmMrRei

It’s funny how many times he tries to explain who the mother is.. :))

• September 14, 2011 at 6:04 pmchaos

Insanity is not necessarily a bad thing…

Sometimes you need a little spice in your life. Insanity is just what the doctor ordered…

• September 14, 2011 at 7:37 pmSkribulous

I’m sure that was the intention.

• September 14, 2011 at 10:08 pmdeafvader

lol. just lol.

• September 15, 2011 at 7:48 amfragb85

You’re concern is touching Divine but this hardly fazes me. When you dive the deepest and blackest pits of Fanfic and Rule 34 almost nothing in the internet can drive you insane. Nothing short of Cthulu can do that now.

• September 15, 2011 at 8:47 pmchaos

I don’t believe that…

I am not a genius, but I do know human should behave like human. When they don’t, something is wrong. The mere fact that you have to say that it didn’t faze you meant that it did, somewhat at least. Enough to summon the your need to reply to earlier comments.

Nice try, silly rabbit…Tricks for kids.

• September 15, 2011 at 10:01 pmfragb85

Awww how cute. You still act like you matter. Your I’m mature shtick is such a sad, sad attempt. Do try harder son.

• September 16, 2011 at 12:03 pmchaos

Frag, How come all of your comments are depressing?

I have yet to read one comment from you that made me either laugh or smile. Never seen a “lol” or “:D” in your comments. Or even a genuine compliment to anybody. Maybe I am naturally positive and happy. I don’t know if I can make somebody happy, but at least I can guarantee that I do not make people sad.

Of course, I have a feeling that I said something in the past to pissed you off. Then I read your comments to other people and think “If it wasn’t me, it would be somebody else.” So sorry if I oversaid some things or undervalued you, but I wasn’t wrong either. You definitely need to cheer up. Life is too short to worry about little things…

:D

• September 16, 2011 at 6:21 pmfragb85

Obviously you haven’t been reading any of my comments since you just made one of the most tactless, ridiculous generalizations I’ve read so far. Psycho-analyst you are not. You seem to have a problem understanding that your statements are prone to showing smug and condescending views on others.

• September 15, 2011 at 6:59 amPerlaNemesis

No, that’s not Moeka.
      1) Suzuha said that she chose surname Amane because that’s her mother’s surname
      2) Mother never appeared in anime
      3) Her name is Yuki Amane

fragb85 said the same thing so many times…

• September 15, 2011 at 10:08 amRoo

aaah ok
        i guess i haven’t been reading closely ^^;

• September 19, 2011 at 7:09 amchaos

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn’t the child usually take on the father’s last name?

When a woman marry a man, she usually take his last name and so would the child. So both of their name should have been “Hashida”, not Amane.

• September 14, 2011 at 12:57 pmchaos

Now that the anime is over, How many of you read the manga, played the game, or read the novels?

Come on, spill the beans. State your sins here…

• September 15, 2011 at 1:48 amcybersteel

Played PSP S;G.

• September 19, 2011 at 7:06 amchaos

Wow, I guess you and I are the only honest ones here. Thanks for the honesty BTW, LOL.

• September 14, 2011 at 1:06 pmStegobi

Just wanted to say this was a great site to quench my thirst for Steins;Gate discussion. Thanks Google search!

• September 14, 2011 at 1:24 pmacolyte

Haven’t been here for a while as I have time to watch the animes but gotta comment on this one.
    The series felt quite long, but the two last episodes definitely left a good feeling.
    If not for the comedic nature of the anime I’d have shed tears (well I almost did)

On a side note, I want more of Rintaro x Mayushii background :\ That’s the part that didn’t get explained much >.<
    I did read the manga a bit, but that was behind the anime.
    I read the wiki page on Steins;Gate, but I couldn't picture the ending as vivid as this one. It was definitely unique.

• September 14, 2011 at 1:43 pmchaos

What do you guys think Steins;Gate’s metaphor was?

I mean, every movie, series, or novel that was ever written have a hidden metaphor in them. For example, do you think the Wizard of Oz was about a lost girl finding her way back home from the evil witch? Nope, it was a metaphor for switching from the gold standard to the silver standard. Read it up, it is true…

• September 14, 2011 at 7:09 pmHrmmm

This is an example of ‘Reading Too Much Into It’. Look it up – it’s a real phenomena.

I doubt most stories have a large metaphor behind it. Some people write just because they enjoy writing stories. I can over analyse anything and make some convoluted analogy of a real life event ;D

• September 16, 2011 at 9:50 pmrsquirrel

Well the whole timing traveling thing reminds me of the genie of the lamp…you wish for something and it gets crazier and crazier until in the end, you wish it all never happened.
      Which we saw from the undoing of the Dmails, but even more so with the whole Kurisu stabbing — Okarin was basically trying to undo his influence in the event — if he had never interfered, she likely wouldn’t have been stabbed (her father only reacted to Okarin’s presence), and the time machine paper would have burned (no metal Oppa).
      But then they wouldn’t have met and fallen in love, and there’d be no story…so maybe that’s the point of the story :)

• September 14, 2011 at 2:27 pmShizuo

Finally it’s over

Operation Skuld: Successfull

Moeka in apron totally HOT!

• September 14, 2011 at 5:45 pmoscuda

she is hot no matter what

• September 14, 2011 at 4:22 pmgibby

Not to be a hard ass but my only issue with your response is identifying okabe as coning his younger self when really it was his former self considering the time passage (three weeks):P but i do agree it is one of those great anime that come around once in a blue moon and it was one hell of a ride I would love to come back to when the mood suits me.

• September 14, 2011 at 6:22 pmKratos

Steins;Gate was great and so was the time spent with you guys, chaos, lkaze, Kansokusha, cybersteel, fragb85 and everyone. For me it was like this: download the episode > watch it > RC it. As long as I will remember Steins;Gate, I’ll also remember the hours spent here, understanding the many ways of the time travel, speculating about what happened in ep1, what will happen in the next episode, who was Titor, who was Suzuha’s father, was Moeka’s phone time-proof, what is Okabe going to do, etc… I’m really gonna miss my Tuesday’s night.
    Future’s potential is infinite, so hope to see you again at the next masterpiece and thanks for everything.

It was all the choice of Steins Gate

• September 14, 2011 at 6:28 pmchaos

LOL! If you like us that much, then I have a facebook account and an yahoo account if you feel the need to chat.

I rarely use facebook anymore, but I am a whale on there. Used to have 1,000 friends. I use the yahoo for yahoo answer in helping confused and ill-guided people find solution and the right answers.

Yeah, it was fun. Hit me up if you want to stay in contact…

• September 14, 2011 at 6:38 pmcybersteel

Let’s meetup again at GUILTY CROWN or Mirai Niki (great potential for speculation)

• September 14, 2011 at 6:41 pmchaos

Yeah, but I have to starting working as a stockbroker. My $1,000,000 dollars will not make itself…

• September 14, 2011 at 10:07 pmdeafvader

@cybersteel: didn’t read the manga for mirai nikki? And GC does not seem like an overtly complicated anime.

• September 14, 2011 at 10:08 pmcybersteel

Good luck with that. Remember that all the money in the world won’t bring you happiness, animes will.

• September 14, 2011 at 10:18 pmcybersteel

@deaf It’s about a diary that has content from the future like from the title Mirai Niki.
        Depending on how you use it, you will either get through your troubles easily or you might end up dead following the contents of the diary.

The staff for GUILTY CROWN makes me hopeful of it’s outcome. If I’m not wrong the director is the same as DeathNote and the writing staff is from Code Geass.

• September 15, 2011 at 12:17 pmlkaze

@cybersteel

I don’t think we will have much fun speculating on Mirai Nikki. At least for me anyway since I already finish the manga, but who knows?

• September 15, 2011 at 8:40 pmchaos

@cybersteel,

pfssss, please. That is poor hippie talk. Money doesn’t make you happy, but tons of it can sure buy you things that can make you happy, except friends, family, and love.

They say money will only bring you more of what you already have. Since I am already happy, more money can only make me more happy…

:D

• September 15, 2011 at 10:13 pmfragb85

Silly chaos, you just think you are happy. In fact you are not. Its scientifically proven.

• September 16, 2011 at 12:14 pmchaos

Science is for people who have no faith…

I do not believe in those delusions. I see what is real and put them to the test. If what you say is that neither wealth, fame, intelligence, beauty, or power ever made people happy that I say they didn’t do it right.

Then again it depends on how a people define happiness. Some think like those 5 make a person happy, but not always. Some even define happiness as being miserable. Others seek death to escape. I have been dead before…twice to be exact. I saw the end and I am perfectly happy with having nothing at all.

So wealth, fame, power, intelligence, and beauty do make a person happy, it just need to be used correctly. And I also get my happiness from sharing those 5 things with my friends and family. What other people do with these things doesn’t apply to me, I am an outliner by definition.

• September 17, 2011 at 1:58 amHrmmm

Science is for those who are curious about their world and would rather proof and probability over pure faith.

It’s like I have this thing against you Chaos =P. I look for your opinions almost purely because I disagree with a lot of what you say… ahahaha…

• September 19, 2011 at 7:01 amchaos

LOL! Hrmmm, your comment brought a smile to my face… :)

You’re not the first one who have said that…nor the last. Good! I do the same thing about everybody else. It’s like I have a natural nature to rebel and go against the flow of everybody else. So I am not surprised when people say they want to disagree and argue with me for no reasons at all. The name “Chaos” only demand either fear or hate from all those who heard its name. It’s not a name for just anybody to use.

I just expect you to have a strong base and can firmly defend your POV from my relentless attacks. Just don’t become defensive and respond out of emotions instead of confidence and passion. If you can, then while I may disagree with you, but at least you would have earned my respect.

• September 14, 2011 at 8:30 pmcomima

La Yohda Stasella thing is taken from popular 2ch meme ‘La jodasoh steana’ which Okabe’s character is inspired from.

• September 14, 2011 at 10:29 pmShirt

I think this is the most comments I have ever seen on a single episode. Whatever happened to the page plug-in? D:

• September 14, 2011 at 11:13 pmGhostalker

Nope. For the spring and summer season bracket YES. All time No.

Try looking at the averages post per episode of series like Code Geass and Macross Frontier (especially their finale eps), also Madoka Magica in its final few eps last Winter season, and many other shows. Passing the 200-300th comments mark in the finale is pretty common for exceptionally popular series here in Random Curiosity.

• September 15, 2011 at 12:27 amDarklord

Check out Code Geass R2 Episode 25.

I think that was the all-time record.

• September 15, 2011 at 1:15 amMrRei

I looked back at a few episodes post of S;G.. episode 20 still owns the top spot with 357 comments.. this is just the 353rd comment here.

• September 15, 2011 at 1:19 amMrRei

354th.. looked at Code Geass R2 ep 25, it has 1556 comments 0_o

• September 15, 2011 at 8:41 amnagi

not anymore. 365th comment ;)

• September 15, 2011 at 9:54 amShirt

1556!? ._0

• September 16, 2011 at 9:52 pmrsquirrel

Because of the ambiguous ending that left everyone speculating whether Lelouche was still alive

If S;G had done something similar with a cliffhanger on whether either Kurisu or Okarin was alive maybe

• September 19, 2011 at 6:43 amchaos

Speaking of Code Geass,

This is the happy ending that most people wished for instead of what the anime shown. Check it out:

(You have to love the happy family picture at the very end…T.T)

• September 15, 2011 at 8:56 amCharles (^-^)

rank higher than madoka?…nope but it definetly was a great anime

• September 15, 2011 at 9:10 amKaris

Can anyone make a gif of Okabe making those GAR poses? There was already one with Kurisu:

• September 16, 2011 at 12:37 amcybersteel

GAR

• September 16, 2011 at 11:45 amchaos

LOL, clap clap clap

Well done, friend. Well done.

• September 15, 2011 at 1:40 pmShirikatsu

For me I would say that last week’s episode would have been a more epic final episode than this one, since future Okabe practically laid out what was to be done and the plot was there, this final episode merely acted out the anticipated. I think if the last episode had been left as last week’s episode, the ending would have been a lot more amazing, not that I didn’t enjoy this episode.

• September 15, 2011 at 7:32 pmsealouse

I just want to say that this ending was almost too good. I don’t care how it happened, but it did and it was great.

• September 16, 2011 at 12:12 amGhostalker

I found myself confused with the final minutes. In the timeline where the injured Okabe Rintarou is handing badges, their should be two Okabe right? The one who see Kurisu covered in blood and the other Okabe carried by Suzuha back in the capsule (which is the Okabe that is injured and the one that gave the badges).

• September 16, 2011 at 11:53 amchaos

Nope. Everything happen as it did…

There is only one Okarin. It just that he travel to the 3 weeks into the past and back. The real question is why weren’t there 3 Okarins?

Like the movie, “Back to the Future 2″ where Martin had to travel back to the past and encounter himself who was in Back to the Future 1. So why didn’t Okarin meet the Okarin who first travel back in time with Suzuha?

I guess the only explanation is that it is in a different timeline. Thus, Okarin didn’t encounter his other self who travel back in time. The original Okarin will send the D-mail which loop the chain of events that led back to the injured Okarin later on. Thus, in the end, there is only one Okarin.

• September 16, 2011 at 6:09 pmGhostalker

So Okabe actually did travel back to the past and the future?

The confusion in me was actually the thought that…

1.)the injured no.1 Okabe who faked Kurisu’s death might somehow “merge” with the other no.2 Okabe who saw the fake dead Kurisu when no.1 Okabe and Suzuha escaped to travel back to the future (which lead to the scene where Okabe just came out of the hospital and gave badges)..
        2.)if they did travel back to the future then there is no way Kurisu would have been alive, because in ‘that’ timeline Kurisu is indeed dead. Then the timeline where there is a fake dead Kirusu actually should have been a different timeline altogether than the timeline in episode 1 and 23.
        3.)I’m convince that there is only 2 Okabe in the scene where Kurisu is to be stabbed in ep24 (not 3), the scene in episode 23 is the same as the one in episode 1 – They did a time-travel method here similar to the ones in Haruhi’s “tanabata’ and ‘Disappearance’.
        4.) The timeline in episode 24 is a different timeline than the one in episode 1 and 23, most likely a reset timeline method. Instead of just traveling back to the time when Kurisu is about to be stabbed, they reset everything before the events in ep1 and ep23. Thus in episode 24, the events in ep1 and 23 never existed.

Maybe I should not be thinking too hard about this at all, but I think Haruhi did a better job in presenting time-travel than Steins, but it’s confusing still. Anyways it’s all good. My personal rating for Steins is as follows:

Story: 8 – There is no denying that Time travel is a sci-fi fiction that is really interesting, intriguing, mysterious. But time-travel stories just like this raises a lot of issues that in a way affected my personal viewing experience. The series presented 2 or more method of time-travel, the most prominent which I’m familiar with are the one that is similar to Haruhi Suzumiya and the other which is similar to Madoka Magica, the later is more easy to follow.
        Animation: 8 – I found the character design unique (but not a big fan of), the background detail is quite lacking, the choice of the color tones is however perfect for the atmosphere – dark and unsettling.
        Sound: 8 – Nice OP and ED. BGMs are very good in adding depth, voice acting are top notched.
        Characters: 10 – An exceptionally strong cast, everyone has a role to play both major and minor ones that is memorable.
        Enjoyment: 7 – I like Steins;Gate more because of the character interactions and not much of the time-travel aspect. The best parts of Steins for me are the episodes before Mayushi’s death, just listening to everybody is just that fun to watch. After Mayushi’s death, it kinda lost that steam for me, the repetition and drama is quite tedious at best, it became all Okabe and the others relegated to just background characters. The ending, no matter how fairytale it is still did a good closure for the series.

Overall: 8 – some everything up, overall Steins;Gate is a very good series that I could easily recommend for everyone else whether sci-fi fanatic or just casual anime fans.

• September 16, 2011 at 6:28 pmfragb85

The VN actually explains this in detail. Suzuha’s time machine can alter the divergence at will. In order for Okabe to meet his other self, who made the first attempt, they need to travel to the exact divergence. So basically even as small 0.0000001% can lead to a different wordline but with minimal variations, that the overall major events of the worldline is mostly the same. So all Suzuha needed to do is alter the divegence slightly and they will never have to meet their other selves.

• September 16, 2011 at 6:08 amClow

Two days ago I watched a livestream of Chiyomaru Shikura. He said there that the movie will show new footage and not will a recap of the anime.

If you’re interested, I wrote the report in my blog (in spanish, sorry): http://www.koi-nya.net/2011/09/14/la-pelicula-de-steinsgate-tendra-un-argumento-diferente-al-anime/

I hope BD9 special then won’t be a filler but a plot-related episode.

• September 16, 2011 at 8:27 ampokpokza

super impression , Okabe is a super hero now that he managed to save the world and the girl he love at same time. Kuriru is so cute in this ep , she tried so hard until the end hope that the movie will be super too. hope they have a happy life.
    this serie actually makes a big smile on my face .one of my favorite serie ever mayushii is also super cute. el psy congroo.

• September 16, 2011 at 6:43 pmShadowstaff

Yay! ^___________^ Wonderfully made. :)

• September 17, 2011 at 11:35 pmTimi

Is it me or does anyone else feel that a second season is easily done?? Brilliant, loved it, just sad that its over… El Psy Congroo! I know who my im going to cosplay at the next con!

• September 19, 2011 at 6:35 amchaos

How can you do a second season with this ending?

• September 18, 2011 at 2:35 amcybersteel

Everyone by now probably knows that Suzuha mother is Yuki Amane. However Mayuri often mentions a cosplay friend which she helps with sewing her cosplay clothes. While Okabe chases Mayuri all over town during one of her visit to said friends house.

• September 19, 2011 at 6:30 amchaos

Is that a speculation or a spoiler?

By now, speculations are over so it must be a spoiler…

• September 19, 2011 at 8:49 amcybersteel

I figured by this point no body cares about spoilers anymore. Every character is important. Even those that were never shown but were mention before Mayuri died. Yuki Amane was a COSPLAYER.

• September 18, 2011 at 2:48 amewok40k

divergence point of 400 posts, reached!

• September 18, 2011 at 5:21 amo_oll

Dear moderators. The entropy of my comments on this blog may or may not cause a major worldline shift to the negative by focusing too much attention on the concept of entropy, possibly resulting in an entropy control idea sure to cause many a dystopia or horrible thing.

If it were possible to delete all comments by my on this particular blog discussion(just this episode) I would be incredibly relieved!

• September 18, 2011 at 5:26 amKurisu Vi Britannia

I heard Kyuubi is looking for you.

• September 18, 2011 at 5:27 amKurisu Vi Britannia

Kyubey*

• September 18, 2011 at 6:22 amIronicTales

Camp was definitely not worth the wait for this.
    I’m happy about how they ended the series, can’t wait for the movie!

• September 19, 2011 at 5:11 amoscuda

Kizumonogatari a movie and a continuation of the tv show is coming out next year something to look for since I am a fun.

• September 19, 2011 at 6:25 amchaos

Kizumonogatari?

Are you referring to Bakemonogatari series? Kizu is the beginning event that happen before the Bake series if I am not mistaken. It foretold the story of how our main character met and fought Shinbo along with how he met his mentor.

Yay! Hopefully, we get to see more of Senjougahara…

• September 19, 2011 at 7:33 amZa Zombie!

1 question

if okabe changed the future timeline to the current where neither makise nor mayuri dies, who would sent the d mail to his past self telling himself to cheat the death of makise kurisu now since there wouldnt be a okabe rintarou in the future who failed to stop the time machine race?

then at the end of the ep they show another okabe going thru the cycle, however aft he goes to the perfect timeline no body will save that okabe cuz theres no okabe to sent him a dmail!

pls explain :(

• December 4, 2011 at 7:28 pmjimmy

your basing on the assumption their only one world line their was alpha line beta line an stein gate line each with branching paths before he fixed all events he forced his past self too wittiness the events that would trigger all others after the change he went too a new time line were they did not known what would happen because time travel did not exist it was in was in alpha an beta only that why both those worlds ending in despair because they wanted the power

• September 19, 2011 at 7:53 amKewldude

El Motherfuckin Psy Congroo!!! :D

• September 19, 2011 at 9:20 amMrRei

Wow! It’s been almost a week and has been out of the front page.. But it’s still generating comments?! >_>

• September 19, 2011 at 10:39 amchaos

Here is something interesting from wiki itself:

“An anime adaptation aired in Japan between April 6, 2011 and September 14, 2011, with a movie adaptation greenlit. Movie will show new footage and won’t be a recap, attending to a Chiyomaru Shikura’s livestream. [4] A sequel game titled Steins;Gate: Hiyoku Renri no Darling was released on June 16, 2011. A second sequel game titled Steins;Gate 8bit is set to be released on November 28, 2011.”

So the new movie contains new footage, no recap…WOW!

Plus 2 new games…

• September 19, 2011 at 3:00 pmaltares

So, what’s airing tonight on SG’s timeframe? Hopefully something good… I already miss my SG fix of the week T_T

• September 20, 2011 at 5:55 amThe17thNoah

I’m sure a lot of people want to see Yuki the hot mom, but who else wants to see Suzuha as a baby/kid/omfg ball of cuteness? :D

• September 21, 2011 at 7:35 pmcshin9

Tutturu! Mayuri’s voice was the best performance of the year.

• September 22, 2011 at 6:28 pmAvalanche

• September 22, 2011 at 10:35 pmxo__ox

Okarin, we need you. La Yohda Stasella, El Psy Congroo.

• September 23, 2011 at 2:29 pmnone

Does anyone know what the song at the end is called (the one with violin, also played when Show Spoiler ▼

) ?

• September 24, 2011 at 10:21 amAK-47

I miss my tuturu fix :(

• September 24, 2011 at 11:34 amZa Zombie!

Bring
    up
    this
    ANIME!

BUTA

• September 25, 2011 at 5:13 amugh

i wish the movie would be about how Okarin got his Reading Steiner.. XD

• September 26, 2011 at 9:54 amThe Story You Don’t Know

Darn… Now there’s one less good anime. It was a fun ride. A very fun one. I never thought I’d enjoy this much!

• September 27, 2011 at 9:52 amdaety

tuturuuuuuu!! :D
    best anime of the year…the story is fantastic, and the characters have tons of charisma

• September 27, 2011 at 9:44 pmTorrigan

Heres the trippy thing most people might not have noticed if you payed attention to the first ep at the title it says the Prologue of the Beginning and the End…………..ISNT THAT EPIC!
    its the prologue of the first and last episodes!! i didnt not see that coming

• October 1, 2011 at 10:42 pmshirayuki75

I’m really happy that I had the privilege to watch Steins;Gate.

• October 2, 2011 at 12:46 amhey

hey wanna see Steins;Gate in the POPULAR SERIES TAB.. =)

• October 6, 2011 at 2:19 pmJLee

I feel like I’ve missed something spectacular.
    I went into this series knowing 2 things.. a friend told me :(

1. Our resident mad scientist would ultimately have to pick between Kurisu and Mayushi.
    2. It all works out. Happy ending, according to him.

I guess that first one would be forgivable. We would have noticed anyway as early as Okabe started undoing the D-mails. But that still ruined the emotional build up for me. If I didn’t know any better, I would have probably cried like a baby.

That second one.. Not so sure. Knowing that things work out in the end, kinda ruins the suspense and thrill as a whole. I would have anticipated the next episodes two-folds.
    If anything else, that made the finale a little less awesome.

This is why I feel like I missed out on a wonderful experience.
    Sure, I can rationalize that maybe this series just didn’t hit it off with me.
    But I know, in my gut, that I would have absolutely adored it otherwise.

Sigh…

PS: I still thoroughly enjoyed Okabe and Kurisu’s moment back in ep22! :)

• October 14, 2011 at 11:49 amtetristhemovie

Okay, this just occurred to me.
    Okabe has Reading Steiner, which causes him to retain memories when shifting world lines.
    So from the POV of Okarin of 2025, he will send a video d-mail to the past, the world line will shift, and he’ll end up in the Steins;Gate worldline, thereby erasing the Okarin that saves Kurisu, and his memories of the 15 years after 2010.

• December 4, 2011 at 7:19 pmjimmy

what you say is only half true he will erase his other self but not before the message is sent that why his past self had too witness the event of her death too start the chain which led too the now that why at the end he excepted she was gone living her life an was surprise too find her an said it must be the will of stein gate that they get too meet again an have a life together

• October 21, 2011 at 1:01 amJohny

yeah its a good ending, since makise remember her memories of 3 weeks future, when okabe called her christina and the code El psy congroo, ” i told you im not Christina, and im not your assistant …. ” after that she remember that shes a member of the lab, then okabe welcome her once again .

• October 25, 2011 at 12:46 amHavok

Just finished Steins Gate, and its almost 1 in the morning. SG is brilliant, epic, unexpected, mindblowing, etc… I just want to know, who is Daru’s future wife and the mother of Suzuha?

• October 25, 2011 at 12:50 amHavok

What does EL PSY CONGROO means?? Anyone? :3

• October 27, 2011 at 8:45 pmAndrew

This anime was amazing. I didn’t expect it to be this good, because I watched Chaos;Head and thought it was utter crap. Steins;Gate delivered in every way though.

I can’t help but think though, if time machine can be invented, it *will* be invented eventually. So all Okabe and co did was delay the inevitable. Still, I’m a sucker for happpy endings, so I’m glad it ended how it did. Especially since Kurisu found Okabe in the end.

• November 12, 2011 at 11:50 pmReaper

You know, I actually didn’t see ep 23 because of an error with the episode numbers, but apparently it was an brilliant error seeing as how it would have been different if I had.

• November 16, 2011 at 2:29 amAlex4life

This anime is a masterpiece, watched all of sg within a week and must say this is definitely one of my favorite animes. A+

• November 29, 2011 at 9:12 amDeebam

Jesus is a time traveler from the future, He traveled by using a time machine and disposed it in the
    past. The miracls he granted were inventions of the future. He made wine out of water by using a special
    type of instant powder. The miracle which healed blind people is by using a special medical lotion
    which is common in the future. The miracle which granted him to walk on water or split it was due
    to special type of inventions which reect the atomic structure of water istself. The greatest of
    his wonders the reanimation of Jesus can be explained by a second time traveler from an alternative
    future who tme-traveled into the time period. At that moment two Jesus exitsted at the same time so that
    the world rejected the corpse of Jesus. That is the so called disappearence of Jesus. The later returning
    of Jesus is the time travel back to the future.

• January 2, 2012 at 9:32 pmGet Free Facebook Credits

Heya i’m for the primary time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I’m hoping to provide something again and help others like you aided me.

• January 8, 2012 at 5:34 pmسایت خبری تحلیلی امسال

I?m not certain the place you’re getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend a while studying much more or figuring out more. Thank you for magnificent information I used to be on the lookout for this information for my mission.

• « Older Comments