WORKING’!! – 03 »« WORKING’!! – 01 (Pre-Airing)

WORKING’!! – 02

OP Sequence

WORKING!! 2   OP   01 WORKING!! 2   OP   02 WORKING!! 2   OP   03
WORKING!! 2   OP   04 WORKING!! 2   OP   05 WORKING!! 2   OP   06

OP: 「COOLISH WALK」 by 阿澄佳奈, 藤田咲, 喜多村英梨 (Asumi Kana, Fujita Saki, Kitamura Eri)
Watch the OP!: Streaming ▼

WORKING!! 2   02   01 WORKING!! 2   02   02 WORKING!! 2   02   03
WORKING!! 2   02   04 WORKING!! 2   02   05 WORKING!! 2   02   06
WORKING!! 2   02   07 WORKING!! 2   02   08 WORKING!! 2   02   09
WORKING!! 2   02   10 WORKING!! 2   02   11 WORKING!! 2   02   12
WORKING!! 2   02   13 WORKING!! 2   02   14 WORKING!! 2   02   15
WORKING!! 2   02   16 WORKING!! 2   02   17 WORKING!! 2   02   18
WORKING!! 2   02   19 WORKING!! 2   02   20 WORKING!! 2   02   21
WORKING!! 2   02   22 WORKING!! 2   02   23 WORKING!! 2   02   24
WORKING!! 2   02   25 WORKING!! 2   02   26 WORKING!! 2   02   27
WORKING!! 2   02   28 WORKING!! 2   02   29 WORKING!! 2   02   30
WORKING!! 2   02   31 WORKING!! 2   02   32 WORKING!! 2   02   33
WORKING!! 2   02   34 WORKING!! 2   02   35 WORKING!! 2   02   36

「理想の家族計画」 (Risou no Kazokuikaku)
“The Ideal Family Plan”

Popura teaming up with Aoi? I never thought I’d see the day. I kind of wish they didn’t suck at stalking Hiroomi, even though they never had a chance at learning anything about his personal life. After all, he’s the resident intelligence broker who won’t give let anyone find out some dirt about him and blackmail him in return. It looks like Mahiru will forever be his ultimate Achilles’ Heel, since he can’t blackmail her let alone intimidate her even if his life depended on it.

I can’t imagine I’m the only person who thought that Hiroomi’s pranks to scare Popura and Aoi would carry on for the rest of the episode. I probably would’ve been okay with it too, given the number of goofy faces the latter two were churning out left and right, which made the unexpected arrival of Otoo-san and Popura’s revenge on Jun all the better. The latter is actually one of my favorite ongoing gags in this series, mainly because Jun’s a cool customer except when it comes to Yachiyo. The only way he ever shows that he likes her is by taking out his frustration on other staff members. As amusing as that is, it’s even better when Popura tries to act all superior and gets him even more riled up — more than Jun will ever admit anyway.

With all that going on, I quite enjoyed seeing Otoo-san struggle to do some work with Aoi clinging onto him. Let’s not forget that he’s the one who got suckered into bringing her in, so if anyone should have to deal with Aoi, it would be him. Surprisingly, the Souta x Mahiru mismatching wasn’t all that bad either, as Popura’s attempts to get them together were a lot more clever than I would’ve given her credit. After all, this is the same girl who’s easily fooled into forgetting grudges. Anyway, it looks like Souta’s sisters will make their first appearance in the new season next time, which I’m rather looking forward to because they’re just as quirky as the Wagnaria staff.

* Opening/ending themes go with the usual girls/guys split and while it took a bit to get used to them at first, they’re both in the same style as season one. I can just see the OP parodies now.
* Prooof has decided that he won’t have time to cover this series, so I’m writing about this second episode in his place. I haven’t decided if I’ll continue to blog about it, so this may be the last regular post on WORKING s2.

ED Sequence

WORKING!! 2   ED   01 WORKING!! 2   ED   02 WORKING!! 2   ED   03

ED: 「いつものようにLOVE&PEACE!!」 (Itsumo no You ni LOVE & PEACE!!) by 福山潤, 小野大輔, 神谷浩史 (Fukuyama Jun, Ono Daisuke, Kamiya Hiroshi)
Watch the ED!: Streaming ▼

WORKING!! 2   02   Preview 01 WORKING!! 2   02   Preview 02 WORKING!! 2   02   Preview 03
October 9, 2011 at 5:15 pm
  • October 9, 2011 at 5:20 pmstarlighted

Not to sound inconsiderate, but Prooof is only covering Bleach right? So what’s with the whole “being busy” reason? If Divine can cover 6 series (more or less), why not Prooof? Doesn’t seem right to me IMO.

Anyways a great episode! Looking forward to next week!

• October 9, 2011 at 5:36 pmEclipse

Some people have more to their lives than anime blogging. I know it’s tough to believe.

• October 9, 2011 at 8:02 pmunlisted

This comment made me LOL.

• October 9, 2011 at 11:37 pmMrRei

There are times in our lives that tends to be very busy. I can understand that. Don’t let Prooof mind it.

But still, not being blogged here.. hmmm… Unlisted! You do it! :D

• October 9, 2011 at 5:27 pmP0NCH

God, how I have missed this show ^___________________^

Thanks Divine!

• October 9, 2011 at 5:29 pmBass.EXE

It was so funny at the end when Aoi was seeking comfort in everyone’s breasts and then “Inami-san!….nandemonai…”

• October 9, 2011 at 5:38 pmTOP2NE1

I hope they keep the jokes away from Inami/Sato’s love problems. Switching up the character interactions is way more fun to watch.

I swear towards the end of last season they just alternated episodes between Inami overreacting to Souta and Sato getting frustrated over Yachiyo.

• October 9, 2011 at 5:39 pmClick

Just too great. I love how they kept the trend of having Yamada looking like she’s photoshopped into the OP

• October 9, 2011 at 6:24 pmTrunkmonkey

Poor Yamada gets no love.

• October 13, 2011 at 10:15 amShinjiro

Yeah, it’s too bad. I like her character ^^

• October 9, 2011 at 5:42 pmLinkark

No, continue blogging Working. It is a great show.

Great episode. Loved the ending when Yamada was hugging the girls with the exception of poor Inami.

• October 9, 2011 at 5:45 pmLinkark

Forgot the please.

• October 9, 2011 at 5:42 pmShiawase

Oh, how I love this series ~<333 Thanks, Divine ^^
    Stalking Souma and Taneshima trying to get revenge on Satou were the funniest parts to me.

But Souma's right; Satou could use his brain to get Todoroki…
    Oh well, that means more funny moments for us ;3

• October 9, 2011 at 5:44 pmx

Nice episode. Popura is always fun to watch. Can’t wait for the sisters to appear again in the next episode.

• October 9, 2011 at 5:49 pmgawrshness

wow if it wasn’t for this episode showcasing it I would have never noticed that Popura’s breasts are bigger than Mahiru’s xD considering the difference in their heights it never occurred to me

• October 9, 2011 at 6:42 pmKTNO

It’s pretty rare to have an anime wich make you smile during 20 minutes, I guess we can sum up Working with that.
    It’s just great in simplicity.

• October 9, 2011 at 7:35 pmWhatthetrash

I thought the best part of the episode was when Inami was shaking so much (at hearing Sota call her cute) that she collapsed onto the floor. A-DOR-A-BLE! >_<

• October 9, 2011 at 7:57 pmAndré

“so this may be the last regular post on WORKING s2.”

Noooooooooo. The best show of the season won’t be blogged? C’mon, guys!

• October 9, 2011 at 7:59 pmCroos

The only face that made my day was this

• October 12, 2011 at 4:05 amThe17thNoah

for someone as small as Yamada…I didn’t think it was possible for him to make that face at her 0_0

• October 9, 2011 at 8:03 pmMD

Hahaha I notice the Vietnam flag over chibi-chan head :D (I’m from Vietnam) and another great OP song, the last one was so addictable.

• October 9, 2011 at 8:10 pmShageki

The reason i watch this anime was the adorable innocent cute little Popura-chan and Satou futile one sided love to Todoroki….

Overall i loved so much this anime, and looking forward to it…

• October 9, 2011 at 8:26 pmgracie

PLEASE please someone keep blogging this show. this was one of my favorite anime of all time, an i’m loving this second season.

• October 9, 2011 at 9:54 pmKyzel

Thank you for blogging this episode Divine! I just loved Poplar-chan… Oh God, she’s too adorable. This episode was pretty good, the seiyuu’s really have it nailed how they -should- sound like and it shows. It’d be a shame if this show won’t be covered but it’s understandable.

• October 9, 2011 at 10:16 pmCorn

Too adorable! Loving Hiroomi even more now!

• October 9, 2011 at 11:47 pmZaku Fan

Yamada is a real win. It was funny how she did her work of cleaning plates while still stuck on Otosan. Poplar + Yamada is the dream team in Working

I guess they really toned down Inami’s punching. 1 punch an episode is tolerable

• October 10, 2011 at 12:18 ammac65

WORKING’!! 2 – 02

Divine – I’m sorry about this criticism, but the series name
    at RC troubles me – isn’t it “WORKING’!!”? I’ve seen other
    sites complain about the as denoting the second season, but
    ‘ + 2 seems redundant. IMHO, I’m kinda o purist…

Anyway, hope you’re able to blog this as it’s a funny show.
    This Anime season has much to offer, and with cloning technology
    being what it is, with only 1 of you, we’ll understand if you can’t.

I though the humour would be a re-hash following the 1st season,
    but so far, while it’s similar with character interactions, it’s
    still funny and unexpected. Good writing.

• October 10, 2011 at 1:02 amDivine

I included the “2″ so that the post’s permalink wouldn’t overlap with season 1. Apostrophes are stripped from the permalink. I could edit them manually like with K-ON s2 though.

• October 10, 2011 at 3:11 ammac65

I didn’t know, and I understand. I apologise for being nit-picky,
        and you answer is why I admire this site (and all of the people
        who help make it what it is). Thank you.

• October 10, 2011 at 6:02 amKinny Riddle

So much Poplar and Aoi cuteness this week.

I look forward to more jokes to derive from Satou’s one-sided crush on Yachiyo, if just to see more of him taking out his frustrations on poor Poplar.

Though I would also welcome any suggestions for the popular fanon of Souma x Aoi.

• October 10, 2011 at 8:36 amLitho

Working/Wagnaria is awesome, but I want the sisters of the Katanashi household to get their own anime!!

• October 10, 2011 at 6:15 pmMrBrownSound

lol, I love how when Inami asked him what type of girl he likes, he responded with, “somebody that doesn’t punch me.”

• October 11, 2011 at 12:51 amDrew

I just re-watched season one, and it really brings into perspective how much their art/animation budget was increased for season two. :p Also, I’m eternally torn between who’s cuter: Yamada or Poplar.

About you dropping this show…I’m guessing most people just want a place to leave a comment about the show they are watching. Let’s face it, anime blogging isn’t really about blogging anime these days with it being so easy to watch nearly everything being shown every season, as opposed to how we once used to have to rely on westerners living in Japan to blog a bunch of shows fansubbers never subbed. It’s the comment system (leaving and/or reading) that draws the readers today. I think. :)

• October 11, 2011 at 1:08 amccROAWR

Gosh I love this show, it’s my jam. The openings are adorable, the endings are so catchy and all the characters are so lovable!
    Souma’s threat over the phone was such an Izaya thing…

• October 13, 2011 at 9:35 amAK-47

I miss tuturu so much ._.

• October 16, 2011 at 12:08 amNamzor

I seriously hope that you, Divine, or someone else picks up this show. If you’re too busy I would understand, but hopefully you reconsider. How can you say no to the face in pic 32.

• October 16, 2011 at 11:54 pmYalvyn