Sankarea – 04 »« Sankarea – 02

Sankarea   03   22 Sankarea   03   23 Sankarea   03   24
Sankarea   03   25 Sankarea   03   26 Sankarea   03   27
Sankarea   03   28 Sankarea   03   29 Sankarea   03   30
Sankarea   03   31 Sankarea   03   32 Sankarea   03   33
Sankarea   03   34 Sankarea   03   35 Sankarea   03   36

「さんか…れあ」 (Sanka… Rea)

Just when I thought Rea’s father couldn’t get anymore possessive… we get to witness more of Sanka Danichirou (Unshou Ishizuka) and his obsession with his daughter this week — notably the creepy references to his gloves. That’s some strong symbolism there, and if this was an English essay, I could probably type up 500 words explaining how it displays both his controlling behavior and vulnerability at the same time… but I won’t.

That’s mainly because Danichirou’s behavior still makes me excruciatingly uncomfortable, especially with all the touching (*shivers). His attitude towards his daughter seems to have two extremes. He loves her and he seems to treat her well (compared to Rea’s mother anyway), but on the flip side, he pressures her into doing things that could get him arrested for harassment (I don’t know if he actually rapes her though…). He seems so bipolar that I’m not sure what even motivates these behaviors anymore. I think what makes me most weary of him is his creepy smile every time he talks to Rea. You know what he’s likely thinking of, but he gives off this facade of being an old friendly man who loves his family. I guess that’s the cost of having a reputation to uphold, but every time I see him now, I just assume he’s a perverted old man.

Rea’s mother, Sanka Aria (Asano Mayumi), isn’t much better of a role model for her daughter either. She’s cold, distant, and seems to care an awful lot about the reputation Rea needs to keep up for the sake of the family. What a hypocrite… She must know what’s going on behind the scenes between her husband and daughter, so what does that imply about her? Well since Danichirou could give two shits about her, she spends her afternoons drinking, half-naked. That’s nice – as a bystander, she’s simply neglecting Rea as much as Danichirou is harassing her.

I know I’m complaining a lot about Rea’s family, but I do think this makes for an interesting story and gives a lot of context for what’s to come. I started this anime with the impression that Furuya would be the main character; however Rea has completely stolen the spotlight (which I don’t mind at all!). I’m more attached to her than any other character at this point so I hope they continue to explore the complexity of Rea’s family relationships. There’s obviously a lot of tension between the three of them, and for good reason I’m sure; I just wish I knew where it stems from.

On the other hand, I think Furuya, his family, and his friends) need a bit more screen time too. So far, the only impression I have of Ranko is… she has a lot of fans. Mero and Jogorou also make short appearances, however they weren’t long enough for me to really grasp more of their personalities. I think Baabu (Misato Fukuen) would be the only other “family member” who has a bit more personality (and that could be because he’s undead…). He doesn’t even say “nyaa” when he talks, he says “baabu”! That’s so cute =3

We finally get to see Rea’s transformation too, and although I had a good idea of how it would happen, Baabu’s involvement was an interesting twist. I’ve never seen such a strong reaction due to allergies from a grown man – it was a bit of an overkill. The plot device served its purpose though and now we’ll finally get to see Rea’s development as a zombie. I’ve been looking forward to this moment since the show’s premiere and all the buildup was definitely worth it. I never imagined Rea would make for such an interesting character (maybe because I had no prior knowledge from the manga), but I’m glad I was proven wrong (her red eyes scare me though… reminds me more of vampires; but I’m sure I’ll get over it).

Sankarea   03   Preview 01 Sankarea   03   Preview 02 Sankarea   03   Preview 03
April 21, 2012 at 10:17 am
  • April 21, 2012 at 10:25 amZanibas

Hmmm, judging from the interactions between Ranko and Furuya, I believe their tension will become a plot device in the near future. You have to be near deaf or extremely narrowminded not to hear someone shouting in a pipeline. Although it’s not the main plot persay, I personally will feel annoyed if Furuya doesn’t get a reality check concerning Ranko by the end.

• April 21, 2012 at 10:31 amTez

But… she’s his cousin :/

• April 21, 2012 at 10:34 amAlec

In Japan, cousins can get married XD

• April 21, 2012 at 10:42 amZanibas

Resolving tension isn’t limited to resolving sexual tension :P

• April 21, 2012 at 11:10 amlkm

you know Alec, i actually checked if what you said about marriage is true, and i was shocked. its true.

• April 21, 2012 at 1:58 pmKaitoDash

I think there are more countries that allow first-cousin marriage than those that prohibit it. But people don’t usually do that though.

• April 21, 2012 at 5:42 pmDa5id

• April 22, 2012 at 3:03 pmEnmire

Yup, it looks funnier when it also shows the states that allow gay marriage. This is part of why I hate living in the South.

• April 22, 2012 at 4:48 pmDaSilva

It’s sort of a misconception that inbreeding causes massive genetic defects. Inbreeding simply leads to higher chances of common ancestral recessive genes to surface in offspring.

This does not automatically equate to extra limbs and mental disabilities, though it would be a serious concern and tests would be done to see if they had the genes for various birth defects.

Between first cousins the risk for such a thing arising if they had the genes for it is around 5%. Again assuming at risk genes are present, for sibling – sibling relationships (or parental – offspring) relationships it is 25%, much higher than the general population but they would be similar if regular partners held the same genes for various defects that could affect their children.

Ultimately, the taboo comes more from the associated potential for mental / physical abuse or trauma coming from relatives, leading it to become reviled by society at large through out most of the world with the misconception being a easy fallback to rationalize.

Fun fact: The farthest removed you can be from any contemporary human being is 56 times removed. Hope you enjoy technical incest with your cousin =D.

• April 24, 2012 at 10:26 amMorricane

Well, yeah…apart from the genetics, which the guy before me pretty much sums up…the entire conception of incest being wrong *only* stems from the prevalent modern concept of “morality” (and where most of those moral values come from, we should all know). If you hadn’t been taught that it is “wrong”, you’d never think it is for one second.
        One of my professors just said to the entire idea: “There’s nothing wrong with incest…or how do you think we created all the cattle we keep?”

Anyway, it was really common in pre-modern societies everywhere on the world…but the amount of emperors and whatnot who fell sick early or were a bit retarded proves that genetics are not to be taken lightly :)

• April 26, 2012 at 5:10 amKayDat

@Alec: If there’s one thing I learned from watching Cross Game, this is it.

• April 21, 2012 at 3:22 pmKen Sanders

Hey, Guys, about Japan where cousin’s get married, is already a common knowledge if you watch anime with great details, to the point you’ll be shocked that there are things that Japan can do normally.

• April 21, 2012 at 4:00 pmDa5id

But surprisingly, marrying your sister or brother is still not okay, as seen in Koi Kaze and other shows.

• April 21, 2012 at 5:26 pmlkm

lol i don’t think people really can rely on knowledge from anime since anime contain a lot of Japanese fetish, i was sure cousins love was japan fetish, like sister and brother love but its real.

• April 21, 2012 at 5:39 pmDa5id

But cousin love and sibling love both deal with the exact same issues (social pariahs) and consequences (mentally defect offspring), so they might as well be the same thing.

• April 21, 2012 at 5:57 pmlkm

true, but still brother and sister love more complicated, probably because they came from the same mother. plus i don’t think such a thing as brother and sister love exist, cousins love is a very rare thing so brother and sister love, nope.

• April 21, 2012 at 6:31 pmKJacket

More like they have the same father is the bigger problem. In HK, marriage between cousins is legal but not recommended on mother’s side cousins and REALLY not recommended on father’s side cousins. As most people know, for all the biological issues.

• April 21, 2012 at 8:46 pmAni_BEE

I’m not surprised it’s still legal like the age of consent/marriage is still 13. For family traditions where you want to keep the blood line pure … Japan isn’t alone in this.

• April 21, 2012 at 9:09 pmpho

Wait sorry, if cousins having babies can go wrong as well why it it legal? Or is there a extremely significantly low chance of that ever occurring? I always thought it was okay because the degree of separation was enough that they wouldn’t have to defected babies.

• April 21, 2012 at 9:49 pmPtolemaios00

I’m pretty sure (but not certain) that cousins are genetically diverse enough that the possibilities of defective babies are negligible and comparable to the chance for just natural mutations. That is of course if the two pairs of parents are not brothers/sisters/twins of each other which would narrow the gene pool.

• April 21, 2012 at 10:17 pmDa5id

Well, sisters and brothers (and for that matter, childhood friends), don’t usually hook up because of what’s called the westermarck effect or “reverse sexual imprinting”. Basically, if you’re around a member of whatever sex you’re attracted to since childhood for years, you won’t usually gain an attraction to them when your mature. If you only know each other for a little bit during that time, then meet again later, you have a more likely chance of being attracted to each other. Meaning if a sister and brother are apart from each other for a long time during their early years, they could hypothetically become attracted to each other…assuming they don’t already know they’re related.

That in itself pretty much disproves most of the “osananajimi” romances in anime, and partially explains why they almost never work out.

• April 22, 2012 at 12:47 amPtolemaios00

@Da5id: That’s actually an interesting point. However, I wouldn’t go as far as saying it concretely “disproves” anything since psychology is mostly hypothetical anyway.
        I do like that it is the opposite viewpoint of Freud with his Oedipus Complex theory. Anyone that studied any psychology should know the Freud was an idiot that spouted a lot of biased opinions as gospel.

• April 22, 2012 at 2:06 amDa5id

Well, he did lay the groundwork for modern day psychoanalysis, right? True, most of his stuff is obsolete now, but he did put forth the idea that studying an individual as an individual would give an idea to general human behavior.

But yeah, it probably doesn’t disprove it entirely. I had a crush on a childhood friend for awhile, but then again, I didn’t see her that often during the time I started to like her, so who knows if the effect was actually in place.

• April 21, 2012 at 10:26 amShuin_Zwei

no full screen shot? :(

• April 21, 2012 at 10:28 amCybersteel

you should be scared cherrie, you should be…

• April 21, 2012 at 10:30 amAlec

Thought Rea would just die in a very simple manner. But no! They had a semi-graphic scene in mind. Awesome though.

• April 21, 2012 at 1:26 pmbertman4

Yup, and it was obviously censored. It will be interesting to see it on BD when it comes out on June 29. It will also be interesting to see how they will choose to censor the scenes that were censored (by the author) in the manga. I like it that Rea’s blood was not bright red. Strange as it sounds, I hope they draw what’s hanging out of her realistically.

Love this shot of Babu, but the hortentia’s should be more crushed.

• April 21, 2012 at 10:30 amTez

This was a pretty cool episode.

I get the funny feeling gramps might be a zombie. Keep in mind I have never read the manga, but if you noticed zombie babu seems to crave those poison leave, and Fuurya mentioned Gramps eats them too. Plus he’s got green skin!

Well… probably way off on this but meh

In conclusion I am definitely a Ranko fan!

• April 21, 2012 at 2:57 pmTomer

I was thinking that as well (about gramps). Also notice she was getting quite ill by the end of the episode (just before she fell). Seems to me she was ill since she hadn’t eaten the plant, which is probably necessary for the zombies to live.

• April 21, 2012 at 10:31 amOutcast

Best necrophilia show ever.

• April 21, 2012 at 10:33 amAlec

Well the old guy has OCD. Him wearing gloves all the time should suggest how bad it is.

• April 21, 2012 at 9:18 pmAni_BEE

I got that impression with him as well. In a twisted way the only creature he would be willing to touch would be Rea as an extension of himself. The thought of anyone defiling her (or simply touching her) would send him into a blind rage/panic.

• April 21, 2012 at 10:34 amFlippy

The colours in this ep were just beautiful and I’m totally in love with the intentionally uncomfortable and creepy vibe this show gives…not to mention Rea, cat ear hairstyles and babuuuu <3

By the way Cherrie i think you accidentally linked to the wrong image on 'whipping her' because that pic was when Rea's father did it on accident when trying to whip away the cat?
    "I guess that’s the cost of having a reputation to withhold"…u mean like uphold? ahah i've spent to much time editing ppl's essays :(

• April 21, 2012 at 2:35 pmCherrie

I fixed it =) (or changed the entire sentence…)
      I find that editing is always easier than writing, so thanks!

• April 21, 2012 at 10:34 amGuest

This is so much better than the manga. It’s a real miracle.

• April 21, 2012 at 3:08 pmx

I agree. It seems better than the manga so far.

• April 21, 2012 at 5:21 pmRC reader56

no. Painful to say this, but the adaptation for this 3rd episode (and this episode ONLY so far) is subpar. Hopefully it’s an one-off incident and not what to come. And no, it’s not just because of stupid censorship. By the way, why the heck did they censore the gut hanging out in this episode, but not on the very first one? Go back and see, it wasn’t censored there. I feel slightly cheated.

• April 21, 2012 at 9:52 pmPtolemaios00

I did like the animation for this episode. I was confused in the manga during this part in terms of the location and setting because of the art style.

• April 21, 2012 at 10:37 amJ-Luke

I started reading the manga after this episode and I must say up until now the anime is quite faithfully adapted. If they continue this then this show may become rather interesting.

• April 21, 2012 at 10:38 amxerocs

While watching the episode I noticed Baabu went to the old building to eat the leaves there. Does he has to do that because he’s a zombie?
    Does that make Jogorou a Zombie too, as he chews on them all the time, looks like one and wasn’t all that surprised by hearing that Baabu was rescurrected?
    edit: Just noticed Tez wrote this already.

All in all I really like this show, it seems somehow refreshing.

• April 21, 2012 at 10:43 amLoko

Can someone explain the school scene where the one boy is groping the other one with glasses? Is the kid with the glasses a girl or boy?

• April 21, 2012 at 10:53 amFirelord

It’s a guy. After all, they’re in an all-boys school.

• April 21, 2012 at 10:48 amMasterDragonKnight

You best start believing in zombie stories, Miss Rea. You’re in (are) one!

• April 21, 2012 at 10:50 amThat Bored Shounen

Wanna see more Mero… and a bit of Jogorou. D:
    But to actually have a zombie in this anime was something surprising (for a reason or another). I thought Baabu’s condition would be explained, and part of me is still waiting for a reason Rea’s not dead. xD
    I need to accept that this anime actually DOES include zombies. >__<
    Now, to find my own red-eyed undead girl (they're surprisingly hot, you know!)…

• April 21, 2012 at 10:59 amlkm

ouch, not the best way to die.

• April 21, 2012 at 11:25 amDa5id

Come for the Rea, stay for the Wankp!

This is supposed to be the end of story’s prologue, right?

• April 21, 2012 at 11:31 amDa5id

*Wanko

Typing on a phone really sucks.

• April 22, 2012 at 7:48 pmThe Moondoggie

*pats Da5id’s back*

You are not alone :(

• April 21, 2012 at 11:26 amLitho

That “Baaa Booo” sound that Babu makes is awesome.

• April 21, 2012 at 11:28 amybaby

At first I was hesitant about watching this show as I’m not really a big fan of zombies, but the characters especially the members of Rea’s family are so intriguing now I’m officially hooked. Also if all the zombie girls have ruby red eyes, I wouldn’t mind having a zombie girlfriend.

• April 21, 2012 at 11:30 amazeriraz

As a romance this series is shaping up to be great. Furuya’s reactions were so much more serious and resemblant of those of a guy in love – something I didn’t really expect from him but was happy to see.

• April 21, 2012 at 11:38 amStereoman

I don’t read the manga so my assumption here is probably wrong, but it seems to me that her mother only wants to be loved. However, I can’t feel sorry for her, not even pity her, because neglecting a daughter out of jealousy is not acceptable to me. But on the other hand, I don’t know if this is correct or not. I’m always wrong \o/

Great post for a great episode!

• April 21, 2012 at 1:21 pmBNV

Rea’s death scene was beautiful and well-animated. The anime did a wonderful job portraying the manga quite accurately. I’m really curious how the anime will fare now that Rea is a zombie.

• April 21, 2012 at 11:57 amAnanas

When anime touches upon more crude subjects, the general audience tends to dwell on it a lot. Here we have a dysfunctional family AND necrophilia subjects… Thank god there’s Ranko.

• April 21, 2012 at 11:59 amBaby Choo Choo

Yo dawg, dat ass is like that…for real, son.

hahaha…haha…ha…aw man, I need some help. Haha…no seriously, something is wrong with me mentally…lol

• April 21, 2012 at 12:10 pmFiShar

Whose that Pokémon!?
    It’s BABU!
    BAAA-BUUU!!

That’s what I get after hearing Babu says “Ba-buu” instead of what a cat should be saying.

• April 22, 2012 at 7:47 pmThe Moondoggie

Nic ideae. I do think there is no Ghost pokemon that looks like a cat yet.

• April 21, 2012 at 1:07 pmZreon

I find it interesting that Rea’s mother saw her daughter sneaking away, but did not tell a word to her husband. I don’t think she really cares about reputation at all.

He is the one she loathes and everything that works against him, like being harsh to the daughter he loves so much or seeing said daughter disobey him, gives her some sense of relief.

• April 24, 2012 at 3:50 amBACKSPACE

The way I saw it, it looked like Rea’s mother was trying to cover up Rea’s disappearance hence the half naked invitation seduction attempt to distract Danichirou from finding out.

• April 21, 2012 at 1:08 pmEnd3rr

The first scene of this episode which was the ccontinuation of the end of the previous is so damn romantic… Rea just looking at the camera as furuya put her in the seat of his bike is so cute. Such real life expression in her face. This show man… This show.

• April 21, 2012 at 1:19 pmKiria

The animation really tok my breath away in this episode, even more than the first two. I just stared so long at some points that I missed the subtitles. It’s so gorgeous and this series deserves it. It’s definitely one of the best this season!

• April 21, 2012 at 1:21 pmCrook

“I’ve never seen such a strong reaction due to allergies from a grown man – it was a bit of an overkill.”
    May I kindly remind you that the man is completely insane? xD

• April 21, 2012 at 1:36 pmbertman4

Also, he was, in his mind, trying to protect his pure and beautiful daughter from the corruption of a dirty, disgusting, deranged cat.

• April 21, 2012 at 1:26 pmAnomalous

… So… What about Wanko? o.O

• April 24, 2012 at 5:54 amD-LaN

Hopefully she got out of of the drain…… If not Chihiro can use the potion again.

• April 21, 2012 at 1:37 pmNymphetamine2791

All I gotta say is…

• April 21, 2012 at 1:53 pmJonz

I like Ranko already, she has a quality of Zessica(Aquarion Evol), made me really thinking about it :D

• April 21, 2012 at 1:54 pmJonz

fix: I meant to say, made me really happy thinking abot it.

• April 21, 2012 at 2:24 pmLaziness

What’s the proper adjective to describe this episode? Haunting? Beautiful? Or should we just combine the two and call it hauntingly beautiful?

• April 21, 2012 at 7:32 pm7godeohs

Hauntingly beautiful is a good descriptor. Just like the glass-scene in the last episode of Another (ep 12).

• April 21, 2012 at 2:33 pmClick

The last few scenes were insanely well executed. I… actually can’t wait for the uncensored blu-rays.

• April 21, 2012 at 4:45 pmNhelraios

I guess you could say his father is truly rotten to the core, though Show Spoiler ▼

Here comes our cute Show Spoiler ▼

zombie!

• April 21, 2012 at 7:06 pmMomo

• April 21, 2012 at 6:17 pmPOW-KLAC RAN-KLAC-GERS

well now it finally happen she is now zombie & cat ears hairstyle boy got a zombie girl.

yet that father really indeed so do NOT like or trust that father not one bit in anyway really yea even goes scared of zombie babu cat yea panic cause i’m algeric.

cause of that give rea try to defend babu but her father really cause of your doing you killed own daughter!!!

now rea is zombie girl oh my now how to handle it next?

• April 21, 2012 at 6:41 pmKumaKaori

The red eyes definitely scare me too. What I’m worried about for next ep, though, is… Daddy and his butler saw Rea still moving… >>;;;. Aren’t they going to assume she’s still alive? How is her life gonna change at all @A@?!?!? awuwuwuwu~

(don’t tell me, these are just my worries. I assume next ep will clarify things ^^;.)

• April 21, 2012 at 6:47 pmc2710

2 words – DAMNED CENSORSHIP!

1question – this is a zombie show or a show about a hnng-ly cute zombie?

Enough said

• April 22, 2012 at 4:37 pmThe Moondoggie

• April 21, 2012 at 6:53 pmxephx

Parent of the year right here. Well considering how much I’m liking Rea guess it sort of balances out with my dislike of her parents.

However Rea’s death made me cringe, I didn’t expect that.

• April 21, 2012 at 7:00 pmMomo

While I wouldn’t want to have the same cause of death, I’d love to die in a bed of hydrangeas. Absolutely beautiful.

• April 21, 2012 at 7:17 pmwgfl

My little zombie can’t possibly be this cute.

• April 21, 2012 at 7:23 pmThe Moondoggie

One word: Awesome

I wished they didn’t REALLY censor the rip on Sankarea’s stomach. It’s not like anyone watching this is sensitive to hanging intestines.

• April 21, 2012 at 9:26 pmRC reader56

don’t worry Accel World fan. We still have episode one’s lack of censor over intestine dangling. They managed to sneak that in. ha ha I pretend to think that the fall was so mighty that it created a black hole over Rea’s stomach. Now Rea can pig herself and not gain a pound since the food will just disappear into the black hole.

• April 21, 2012 at 7:36 pm7godeohs

One random thought: I think the eyes of characters, both in color and expressiveness, are done exceptionally well. You can look at their eyes in almost any frame and understand their emotion at that moment.

Also, I have never seen eyes the colors of Wanko’s in any anime – I’m not sure why but they are quite striking IMO.

• April 21, 2012 at 9:00 pmAni_BEE

Danichirou’s creepy smile wan’t be as effective without the detail to his eyes. A true simle reaches the eyes while a fake one doesn’t (unless they their something really wrong with that persom in the head.)

Danichirou does come off as fake really well for this reason.

• April 21, 2012 at 9:15 pmAni_BEE

“(her red eyes scare me though… reminds me more of vampires; but I’m sure I’ll get over it).”

It’s interesting to note that in Japan Zombies and Vampires are almost one in the same. Both are/have been depicted with red eyes, both are brought back from the dead. Both feed on humans and tend to be more intelligent then a North American Zombie. The only differential is that vampires don’t need to kill their victims to feed on blood.

I think in the first episode we see in one of the movies Furuya watch has a very traditional anime Kyonshi, a young woman with white hair and red eyes, I’ve seen this patern use alot.

• April 22, 2012 at 12:37 amewok40k

1.the Sanka father – I cant wait for him to be smacked down. Hard. Even his photos are enough to send him to jail.
    2.the Sanka mother – I’d be frustrated and jealous of Rea in her place too, she is virtually abandoned by the above person. In the manga her character is developed further and quite pitiable.
    3.Ranko oozes sex appeal, but she is on a lost position since title of the show plainly shows who is the romantic heroine – but fans can enjoy the service. And being “only” a cousin she avoids “hard” incest theme.
    4.Furuya imouto is definitely pot calling the kettle black, sleeping daily in a traditional funeral garb seems a bit… off?
    5.Baabu is the cutest undead ever. I guess cats even being undead still cna haz cheezburgers… with hydrangea of course.
    6.Finally the zombification happens. This makes “taking responsibility” quite a challenge, ne?
    Ewok out

• April 22, 2012 at 7:50 amKixmachina

Regarding #6, manga Rea actually flat out told Chihiro that he promised to take responsibility. Anime’s rendition on that is still pretty good too, IMO

• April 22, 2012 at 3:46 amAnon

Mero + Shaft style directing = ???

• April 22, 2012 at 6:01 amasdf

DAT MOGI

• April 22, 2012 at 7:18 amSinan Çevik

This thing is getting even better. Great episode. Looking forward to the interaction between Furuya and Rea now that all conditions are set!

• April 22, 2012 at 8:15 amD-LaN

Oh Sankarea, you never fail to made me feel disgusted.

• April 22, 2012 at 7:51 pmThe Moondoggie

In a good way I hope.

• April 22, 2012 at 10:03 amLaiae

It’s sad you didn’t write this essay about the gloves. That’s right, I found this really interresting too. The power to control with a touch. I understand this part, but not sure about the vulnerability part (because I actually didn’t really thought about it.)
    There’s a lot of symbolism in this show, and I think that if there were not here, I can’t assume I would have countinued this anime.

I hope the relations between all the characters will become more deep in the next episode, and if someday you write something about these gloves, I would really read about it =P
    Good article anyway, and like everybody, the last was wonderful. Colors, animation and all. Hope the anime will follow the same path =P

• April 22, 2012 at 10:39 amewok40k

yeah, our poster abusive father Ikari Gendou had those too…

• April 22, 2012 at 7:37 pmCherrie

Haha! I think I’ll leave the essays and editorials to Stilts =) but I’m glad someone picked up on the gloves too… I only noticed because they had so many shots of him putting them on/taking them off =S or just his hands in general.

• April 23, 2012 at 4:27 amFling

Those gloves reminded me of Vander Decken. Speaking of essays, I used ef ~ a tale of memories as one of my supporting texts back in high school. Series directed with some (not overwhelming) Shaft style make for some easy material to extract techniques. There’s also the added bonus that most of the English teachers aren’t familiar with the series so you can alter/make up techniques as you so desire :P

• April 22, 2012 at 7:57 pmhaseo0408

You can say Danichirou just killed his only daughter, it might have not been his intention but he pushed down the cliff towards her death. Also he killed her spiritually, you can say you failed as a father when you push your daughter to commit suicide, or at leat try in Rea´s case.

• April 24, 2012 at 9:05 amSnicket

IT BEINGS! Sanka’s zombification had begun…eh been complete. Depending on if you’re just considering coming back to life, or the urge to eat BRAINS! If it’s the prior, then yes it’s complete. However if it’s the latter then no Sanaka’s not there…yet.

Also, poor Wanako, left behind like that. Granted she can get a bit bossy at times, but c’mon.