Aquarion EVOL – 21 »« Aquarion EVOL – 18, 19

Aquarion EVOL   20   25 Aquarion EVOL   20   26 Aquarion EVOL   20   27
Aquarion EVOL   20   28 Aquarion EVOL   20   29 Aquarion EVOL   20   30
Aquarion EVOL   20   31 Aquarion EVOL   20   32 Aquarion EVOL   20   33
Aquarion EVOL   20   34 Aquarion EVOL   20   35 Aquarion EVOL   20   36

「MI・XY」
“MI-XY”

I’ve always imagined Alicia going of her own free will to Altair. The look on her face during the flashbacks always gave me that feeling so it’s kind of sad to see Amata scream while staring at his mom. It’s like watching a hurt puppy. What I was thinking probably didn’t happen though and she had to leave unwillingly, leaving her son without a parent.

Izumo spilled the beans about Altair’s condition about Iguras dying out. The second part about the strongest ones turning into men though was kind of funny. I just keep imagining about all the women that turned into men on Altair and how much of a shock it must have been to their families (especially ones with husbands). Unfortunately Izumo didn’t get to tell us everything since we didn’t get to hear what happened to Amata’s father.

The revelation about even the stronger Iguras turning into men has some implications. First off, it means that my former favorite character, Zessica, is not the true Eve. My current favorite character, Mix(y?) has already been shut out of the role since she turned into a man. Yunoha was kind of a long shot anyway. That only leaves Mikono (which is a shame). I was hoping they would break the mold and go with someone not so readily obvious.

Fudo had some stuff of his own which he revealed to Mikono. He has been alive for 24,000 years. I hope we get an explanation for how that happened. I wasn’t really buying into all that metaphorical mumbo-jumbo about being there the whole time. Fudo never makes much sense anyway. He’s a riddle within a conundrum wrapped inside an enigma. He might be an insightful genius but he still sounds like a nut.

I really like how they used Andy’s element in combat. It was pretty creative the way he was using it. It almost reminded me of the X-Men. I was amazed at how Andy was shot at point blank range yet was unhurt. Are they loading BBs into those guns? The mini black hole arrow was a little ridiculous. Mixy’s filling power was also slightly ridiculous. The power and range seemed to have been upgraded. It’s unfortunate that she wasn’t taken back with them as they escaped Altair.

If I remember correctly, there were people in the comments calling out death flags everywhere for Shrade. It seems as if you guys were right. He doesn’t look like he is going to make it out alive. I guess the best news about this episode is that the preview showed Yunoha and Zessica as normal. It seems that you might not turn into a man if you get off Altair before it happens.

Notes:
* Full-length images: 09, 11

Aquarion EVOL   20   Preview 01 Aquarion EVOL   20   Preview 02 Aquarion EVOL   20   Preview 03
May 19, 2012 at 6:23 pm
  • May 19, 2012 at 6:29 pmc2710

In Alicia’s room –

Izumo – Amata… Your father…

Amata – Stares at him blankly

Izumo – Amata… I AM YOUR FATHER!

Amata – No…. it can’t be…. You’re not my father….

Izumo – Search your feelings son. You know its true. Join me and we will rule Altair as father and son and bring life back to Altair. It is your DESTINY

Amata – NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• May 19, 2012 at 7:21 pmMasterDragonKnight

And for all we know, Kagura may be Amata’s sister, who eventually turned into a man from being on Altair for so long.

• May 20, 2012 at 12:05 amShouhei

No … no … that’s not true. THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE!
      NOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• May 19, 2012 at 6:36 pmpaulrenzo

I find it ironic that Mix, who claims she hates men, is now one herself.

• May 19, 2012 at 6:57 pmunlisted

Oh good point. Well played sir.

• May 20, 2012 at 2:35 pmJVision5

And refuses to believe she ever was otherwise.

• May 19, 2012 at 6:37 pmMike

Happy to see answers from the previous episode answered. Fudo and Mikono’s interaction gave me some laughs. Tomboy-Yunoha was so freaking adorable! Looks like the walking plot-device, I mean Kagura, has been stirring up trouble. Poor Andy, oh well, yaoi has been in lately. Overall, this episode was solid to me. Hopefully things stay consistent since there are only 6 episodes left.

• May 19, 2012 at 6:42 pmYume

I don’t think Shrade would die now, it would be too obvious for him to do so. He’ll just end up in a hospital bed like the last time we thought he died.

• May 19, 2012 at 7:00 pmKLAC-vengers

yet all it cause of rule 63 in worst way so means bad guys plans to turn all women into men?!

oh no yea indeed this is so ONORE mykage so guessing he made women turned to men virus.

• May 19, 2012 at 7:03 pmMike

I don’t know about that. He may just be using it to his advantage. But then again, Mykage has proven himself to be the ultimate troll of the series.

• May 19, 2012 at 7:39 pmKLAC-vengers

well unless ONORE mykage got “hidden bomb” set give recall did to zess yea any guess he got bomb trigger with zess as the “bomb” yea cue it’s a TRAP.

besides rate going yea if way counter rule 63 virus yea women are doomed in worst way.

we need women & their big bangs!!!

• May 19, 2012 at 7:11 pmChaos Raiden

Zessica looks sad. This in turn makes me sad since I love her upbeat personality.

• May 19, 2012 at 7:12 pmMasterDragonKnight

Wow, I did not expect to be proven correct so quickly.

I mentioned last episode that Andy may eventually evolve his elemental powers enough to form black holes and punch through dimensions. He ended up doing both with the same move this episode.

• May 19, 2012 at 7:17 pmfragb85

Do the writers hate Amata as much as I do? Because once again he does practically nothing except cry and then job to Izumo. His scene with his mother should be a powerful moment but it only ended up serving as an exposition dump. Meanwhile, Andy upstages everyone(again) by breaking out, beating up guards, going Rambo with a gun, and then have Aquarion manifest a BLACK HOLE. Amata has done some pretty cool things before, so why is he not doing stuff like this anymore? Amata is the protagonist make him do something!

I take it you haven’t watched the first Aquarion? Because this episode outright says that he is the same Fudo Gen from the previous series. Not that it was much of a surprise. He’s an immortal who piloted the original Aquarion along with Apollonius and Celiane during the first war with the Shadow Angels.

• May 19, 2012 at 7:31 pmThe Story You Don’t Know

I think what he meant by that question is how come he is immortal?

• May 20, 2012 at 1:06 amWhatsht

Aquarion magic.

• May 21, 2012 at 6:13 pmk

Does that mean Fudo is Scorpious?

• May 19, 2012 at 7:23 pmMasterDragonKnight

He’s a riddle within a conundrum wrapped inside an enigma.

With mystery sprinkled on top and all neatly packaged inside a donut box.

• May 19, 2012 at 7:23 pmChurnedRainbow

Mixy… meaning x and y chromosomes? Sounds terrible but gets the job done.

• May 19, 2012 at 10:53 pmBanana Furikake

Imagine if she stayed a guy when she got back to Vega. What would Andy do?

• May 21, 2012 at 6:01 amNitro

“it’s okay as long as it’s cute!”

the one and only truth in this world.

• May 21, 2012 at 12:15 pmBanana Furikake

touché Nitro.

• May 19, 2012 at 7:36 pmjustin

Don’t tell me this show is going to bring back THE STAR WAR’S famous line: I AM YOUR FATHER……….. OMG, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ( SCREMING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL)

• May 19, 2012 at 8:03 pmElly

From how Izumo phrased it, I got the impression that the whole turning-into-a-man thing only happened with the women they brought in from Vega. I think the women born on Altair just died out.

• May 19, 2012 at 8:38 pmFrontier

Yeah, only the women from Vega turned into men.

Whoo boy did we get some revelations this week. From women turning into men on Altair(MIX!!!!), to confirmation that Fudo is the original Fudo from Genesis of Aquarion which only leaves the question of whether Mykage is really Touma.

With this revelation about Altair, I’m left wondering… is Kagura really a woman? It’s become a popular fan theory on the net and when I wrap my head around it, it kinda starts to make sense. The original Aquarion still has the Solar Wing, which means Amata doesn’t have it, so what if both Kagura and Amata are reincarnations of Apollo but Kagura was female at first? Like with Sirius and Sylvia in the original. And like Sirius and Sylvia, Amata and Kagura are actually siblings which explains their similar looks. Again this is a fan theory, and I hope things become clearer as time goes by.

Otherwise, as bad as I felt for Amata, I really felt bad for Andy. One can only hope that our favorite Element is finally able to Gattai with the woman he loves by the time the series ends. As for Mix, well the irony is quite readily apparent.

And they finally use Paradoxical Zoo as an insert song! Though I wish they used more of it.

Next weeks episode is “kiss”, and I’m quite interested to see if it means a literal physical kiss in the episode or the kiss Mykage gave Zessica. And… is that Touma’s Cherubim? At this point, I’ll be shocked if Mykage turns out to not be Touma.

• May 20, 2012 at 8:28 amBeedle

-puts on thinking cap-

Well, maybe Kagura-chan and Amata are actually twins from when Darth Izumo went to Vega to boink Alicia. Then, Darth Izumo takes Kagura-chan back to Altair with him, and something happens (le gasp! Their forbidden union triggered the curse!) , prompting Alicia to travel to Altair by Darth Izumo’s request.

As it turns out, Kagura-chan becomes Kagura, and seeing this, Darth Izumo quickly throws Alicia in a stasis for future interdimensional nasties. Naturally, Kagura doesn’t remember all this, but Kagura’s psyche took a deep hit; somehow, because of the gender-reversal, Kagura’s speech became twisted and now Kagura’s speaking in reverse!

-takes off thinking cap-

…alright, who lit those damn weeds while I was thinking?

• May 21, 2012 at 6:18 pmk

Watch ep 21!

• May 19, 2012 at 9:48 pm…..

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• May 20, 2012 at 2:03 amBio D

That you think such flights of fancy are silly is your perogative, but think of the giant robot.
      It is no simple tool, but the will of mankind made manifest. This is why it has human form; not because it is a shell to hide behind, but so that man can still face his enemy.
      There are some obstacles that cannot be overcome by the strength of one man’s arm, so he employs the arms of many, and together, with their skill, their smarts, and their sweat, they create a Fist. A Fist made up of endless fists, for a Mugen punch.
      In shot, when man cannot kill the enemy, he creates something that can. That is our power! That is our strength!

• May 20, 2012 at 3:02 pmMasterDragonKnight

Obviously you have never seen Megas XLR.

• May 20, 2012 at 12:35 amkoga88

Perhaps being on Altair may have finally given Amata his balls so he could stop whining about things and being depressed because Mikono is too busy chasing bad guys to even look at him.

• May 20, 2012 at 12:54 amFree

MIX + Y (chromosome) = MIXY

• May 20, 2012 at 2:20 amAnanas

And now he sounds like a girl. Trap paradox-Y.

• May 20, 2012 at 1:08 amWhatsht

Amata flying up to that capsule which had Alicia in it seems to be lifted straight from Macross Zero.

• May 20, 2012 at 1:58 amBio D

The best part of the episode was the preview. Mikono in Fudo’s coat has me EXCITED.

• May 20, 2012 at 2:24 amAnanas

Yunoha disagrees. Mattaku mou.

• May 20, 2012 at 2:18 amAnanas

Amata : Look! It’s MIX!

Andy : Oh boy. I can’t fap to this.

MIX: My name’s MIXY.

Andy : Sorry pal, I don’t feel gay.

Andy’s in love with Big & Bangs.

• May 20, 2012 at 4:33 amThe Moondoggie

I dunno. I saw tons of doujins of MixyXAndy now and it’s all romantic yaoi stuff. As much as I ew yaoi, I think the two actually looks good(euch…)

• May 20, 2012 at 8:17 amBeedle

Don’t look below the shoulders, don’t look below the shoulders, don’t look below the-

-crap! Her big bangs turned into a big magnum D:<

• May 21, 2012 at 6:04 amNitro

…links please

• May 20, 2012 at 3:48 amRotten Shoujo

Mixy and Andy would make a nice fujoshi bait! lol

• May 20, 2012 at 5:03 amShuin_Zwei

for some reason the reason about “curse” fails me after I heard the effect.

Woman “normal” = die
    Woman “rare” = Man
    Woman “holographic rare (lol)” = ????

looks like the authors didnt make it in time to think another idea.

• May 20, 2012 at 5:20 amCrook

Gotta love the animation when Andy lost it.

• May 20, 2012 at 7:40 amRofl

I love how Gen was copy and pasted into Mikono’s search montage while wearing the same troll face in every scene. Classic. :P

Manly Yunoha was funny too, I’m secretly hoping that she actually keeps her harsh language next episode. Maybe as a side-effect…:P

• May 21, 2012 at 6:06 amNitro

yes. manly yunoha is the best. please keep the manly yunoha. manly yunoha is already my new favourite character, omg

also i hope this episode opens up a few floodgates for doujins because mmmmmmmm

• May 20, 2012 at 7:49 amJ-Luke

@unlisted
    It’s a bit off-topic here (I couldn’t think of an appropriate place, so I’ll post it here), but I was wondering if you stopped blogging Nyaruko-san; according to the spring schedule it is still on your bloglist, but you stopped after episode 2. Have you dropped it?

• May 20, 2012 at 8:54 amRofl

I just noticed.. That thing on Zessica’s forehead sorta looks like a pineapple.

*beat*

No, Kawamori.. Don’t do it.. :(

• May 20, 2012 at 9:44 amNaske

I know this is anime and so physics don’t apply here but did anyone else facepalm at that Black hole arrow??
    on a more serious note though. I’m sooo happy Zessica and Yunoha didn’t turn into men from the looks of it in the previews!

• May 20, 2012 at 5:48 pmMediafag

Do you have the courage to love a rude shota? WHAT SAY YOU!?!

• May 20, 2012 at 6:20 pmJellyfish Marine

I think that Shrade’s role in this anime is to decorate the episodes he appears with his flying death flags XD Gotta love the comments in a Japanese streaming site, every time he appears the screen will be flooded with something like “Ho-yay!” and “DeathFlagDeathFlagDeathFlag”.

As much as I hope that Mix will turn back into a girl, I am curious to see what Andy is going to do if she can’t. Love beyond gender?

• May 21, 2012 at 12:57 amSpace Dreamer

The true tragedy of the episode was the loss of those enormous mounted cannons on Mix’s chest. You can shoot Andy, you can mind f*ck Amata about his mother, you can put as much death flag on Shrade as you desire (though, I still say he should still be alive, he is a bad ass pretty boy musician).

But don’t you DARE change the female cast into MEN.

• May 21, 2012 at 6:23 amJonz

Man this is slow…Hurry Up and review episode 21. Episode 21 just rape all the the previous Aquarion Evol. XD

• May 21, 2012 at 6:54 amboingman

Well, I am just happy that he didn’t drop it, so he can take all the time he wants. I think for some time “Aquarion” had actually disappeared from the “Current Series” list.

• May 21, 2012 at 9:09 amZer0zUNLTD.

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFuuuuu

• May 21, 2012 at 2:21 pmNaske

• May 27, 2012 at 2:55 pmevilcleo

I refuse to feel sorry for the ALtairians, at least until we’ve learned about why they were cursed to begin with. How do we not know they had it coming? They make it sound like “it just happened” but something/someone had to place the curse and they had to place the curse for a reason.

Besides, why do they have to kidnap girls? WHy can’t they just do what jun did, go to Vega, and find a girl they like? I mean, the idea of a true eve is kind of disturbing. I mean, yeah, one girl for a population of guys. What are they gonna do? Take turns inpregnating her, where she chugs out babies like the duggars? That sounds like a horrible fate.