Tasogare Otome x Amnesia – 09 »« Tasogare Otome x Amnesia – 07

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia – 08

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   01 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   02 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   03
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   04 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   05 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   06
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   07 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   08 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   09
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   10 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   11 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   12
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   13 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   14 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   15
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   16 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   17 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   18
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   19 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   20 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   21
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   22 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   23 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   24
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   25 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   26 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   27
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   28 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   29 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   30
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   31 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   32 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   33
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   34 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   35 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   36

「追憶乙女」 (Tsuioku Otome)
“Recollection Maiden”

Wow, I didn’t expect Yuuko’s memories to come back in this episode, but they did – and I’m not disappointed at all. In fact, I loved this conclusion! Although, the process of getting to the amazing confession was a bit questionable. What if Kirie (and Momoe) wouldn’t have smacked some sense into Teiichi? Would he still be living in ignorance of Yuuko? And speaking of Yuuko – it was quite hard for me to understand whether it was Yuuko or her shadow that pulled all the pranks. To me, it seemed like it was the shadow because she carried Yuuko’s jealousy, but from Kirie’s point of view, it seemed like it was the normal Yuuko, but it’d make no sense if that was Yuuko because she had forgotten Teiichi, or am I missing something?

Oh well, leaving that, and moving on to the romance – Momoe – I’m so happy her character could do something more than goofing around. Even though Kirie was the one to smack some sense into Teiichi, Momoe was the person to make Teiichi realize his true feelings. I usually feel sad when a person’s feelings are turned down in anime, but I couldn’t feel sorry for Momoe at all. I’m not sure if I can call Momoe’s feelings “romantic”. It’s more like she is a fan of Teiichi but mistakes her admiration for love. Anyway, she did a good job, and our dear, adorable, beautiful Yuuko is back!

The confession scene that we’ve all been waiting for was amazing! Teiichi finally leveled up from boy to man, although, he will remain a boy because of his age, but you get my point. It was quite hilarious that Yuuko’s memories returned because Teiichi accidentally groped her (and not because of the confession itself). And I’ve never heard of anyone being able to feel someone’s heartbeat through groping. Oh well, all’s well that ends well – although, it would’ve been better if there’d been a kiss somewhere in the end (Momoe sure knows how to kill the mood). I somehow doubt we’ll ever get a kiss scene. While this is romantic, it’s also quite mellow and light-hearted. I don’t expect more than this from the romantic parts of this show, however, I could be wrong, I’m always wrong!

So, with Yuuko back, the focus of the plot returns to the shadow Yuuko, who is once again around Kirie. Why is it always around Kirie? I guess we’ll find out next week!

Full-length shots: 18, 22, 27, 32

Note: Please, use the spoiler tags!

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   Preview 01 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   08   Preview 02
May 28, 2012 at 9:03 am
  • May 28, 2012 at 9:09 ambelatkuro

The power of softness.

• May 28, 2012 at 9:37 amFantomOmega

Never Underestimate the effectiveness of ‘The Breast Grope’ only second in power to ‘True Love’s Kiss’

• May 30, 2012 at 8:48 amJohn Hayabusa

Boob grab – the best solution to cure a ghost’s amnesia.

• June 4, 2012 at 2:24 pmStranger

Seemed to work on Saeko in HOTD, too- Perhaps it’s super effective on girls with a connection to the supernatural.

• May 28, 2012 at 9:35 amDaniell

Yeah it doesn’t make sense when Teiichi was throwing the basketball into the hoop I’m sure it was normal Yuuko that blocked it not shadow Yuuko, but why would she do that anyway since she didn’t want to have anything to do with Teiichi at the time. hmmmmmm.

• May 28, 2012 at 9:46 amD-LaN

Shadow Yuuko has hots for Kirie… ^.^

• May 28, 2012 at 9:51 amderpy derp

the preview pic reminded me of Sunako from Shiki, those eyes…

• May 28, 2012 at 11:11 amRobC617

• May 28, 2012 at 5:16 pmfoofiebeast

I still think we’ll see a kiss by the end anyway.

• May 28, 2012 at 5:42 pmWanderer

• May 28, 2012 at 11:16 amEliteF22

Why does a ghost have a heartbeat?

• May 28, 2012 at 11:19 amJohn Smith

That’s how I interpreted everything.

• May 28, 2012 at 11:44 amTingster013

WEIRD EPISODE!!! Everything solved too quickly…

• May 28, 2012 at 12:24 pmSacchi

I always read the manga chapter of this show after the episode airs…yes, it’s a very difficult thing not to want to keep on reading the manga. I did that with Sankarea and now it’s losing its fun.

Anyways, the anime beat the manga for this chapter. It was so much better done here than over the manga. The only thing that the manga had that the anime didn’t…

Kiss!

• May 28, 2012 at 1:14 pmgawrshness

Speculation: I don’t read the manga but while we’ve been led to believe Shadow Yuuko is all of her negativity what if she’s actually her sister? From that picture it looks like they looked enough like each other to be mistaken for one another.

• May 28, 2012 at 1:37 pmjfaskldfjk

Yea I was puzzled as to why would shadow yuuko even show up in a picture at all…so I’m assuming that might be her sister or some other person who looks like her. And especially since that picture seems like it’s an old picture from when she was alive, I don’t think shadow yuuko was “created” yet…since she’s supposed to be an entity that yuuko made right when she died right?

• May 28, 2012 at 5:14 pmMatt_d

Well we have heard of two burial locations for Yuuko…

• May 28, 2012 at 5:43 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

Read at your own risk:

• May 28, 2012 at 8:10 pmBanana Furikake

But there’s 3 people in that picture.

• May 28, 2012 at 1:57 pmPuffyPrincess

Well damn, a male character who actually chose a girl. Good on him for not being a typical indecisive anime guy. Too bad she’s a ghost, doesn’t bode well for the future. :/

• May 30, 2012 at 6:13 amKit-A-Ron-Ron-Kat

“Too bad she’s a ghost, doesn’t bode well for the future. :/”

Sounds to me like you might want to read ‘Itoshi no Kana’ (a.k.a. ‘My Lovely Ghost Kana’) to see what a boy-ghostgirl relationship could be. Odds are it would change your mind on the subject.

• May 31, 2012 at 1:15 pmcreaothceann

Upvote for more pervy ghosts

• May 28, 2012 at 6:35 pmZhinvu

So glad that hauntingly beautiful song from the anime’s trailer was actually used in the series , and for that significant scene in this episode even.

• May 28, 2012 at 7:15 pmc2710

to date… one of the more beautiful episodes

• May 28, 2012 at 7:39 pmmac65

A fun series, but what’s next now? Are we back to the light series we had before?

• May 28, 2012 at 8:53 pmrandom viewer

The color in the background is so captivating. It really set the stage for the mood in that confession scene. First time I saw an anime male character confess with tears in his eyes like that. I agree this is one of the best moments for this anemia series.

• May 28, 2012 at 10:00 pmAlec

This is easily the most annoying episode (to me atleast)
    They had that weird episode where it felt the anime went out of it’s element — or should I say introduced a new element — But kinda didn’t because it somehow fits with the genre.

And now this. It also felt like they introduced another element here, but kinda didn’t again ‘cuz it also somehow fits with the genre. Idk, I just never expected this anime to be simply just a romance/harem anime.

• May 28, 2012 at 10:05 pmAlec

I guess I’m just expecting too much

• May 29, 2012 at 2:53 amNymphetamine2791

Well this episode put a giant smile on my face. I’m glad Teiichi finally took the initiative this time and on top of that didn’t deny Yuuko’s actual, and true existence.

• May 29, 2012 at 11:40 amkumakaori

Y’know. I get the feeling Yuuko merely forgot that she forgot about Teiichi-kun.

That final “Who are you…?” from Shadow Yuuko, is too reminiscent of the exact same line from Yuuko at the start of the ep.

… … … Hmmn, the following weeks will have to tell me if my speculation is anywhere near correct.

• May 29, 2012 at 10:41 pmEburin

Is this show in the genre of supernatural/horror? But is it really? Is it scary? :O

• May 30, 2012 at 7:47 amStereoman

Mystery, Horror, Romance, Supernatural

- From the spring 2012 preview.

There have been some episodes that had some creepy visuals, but it’s not scary, at all. It’s too light-hearted to be scary. But on the other hand, there might be people who find this scary. But it’s definitely nowhere near Another when it comes to the horror setting.

Despite that, the show is actually quite amusing and very entertaining. I like Yuuko very much! :]