Saki: Achiga-hen episode of Side-A – 10
I’m afraid this post is going to be pretty short, people. Here, I can summarize this whole episode with a bad haiku:
Saki’s big sister
A hurricane of despair
Teru always wins.
Horrible. I should stick to prose. And teruable puns.
So yeah, this episode was basically just Teru bending the other players over and wailing on them mercilessly, figuratively speaking. No one else won a single hand the entire time, and they’ve proven completely ineffectual at stopping Teru’s onslaught. Honestly, I thought it was too much. Teru is way too good! Maybe once you put her at the table with Saki it’ll be fun to watch the true monsters duke it out, but until then this feels like she’s beating up a bunch of frightened puppies, which not coincidentally is what Kuro looked like for most of this episode. Don’t get me wrong, I like a good curb-stomp battle (trope!) as much as the next guy, but only when the people who are getting stomped deserve it. Here, I don’t think anyone can honestly say that either Toki, Kuro, nor the amazing Subara deserve the beating they’re receiving.
The only thing of real note that happened this week came at the end, where we were treated to flashbacks about Toki’s attempts to look two turns ahead. It would be nice if she could start doing that, because I would like to see someone (maybe) start putting up a fight against Teru. Though would it tire her out too much? Really though, it just reminded me of how much Toki (and Senriyama) are acting as the protagonists lately. Kuro is just useless! I never expected her to win against Teru, but I wish she would put up half as much of a fight as Toki and Subara are. They really should have put Ako in the first seat. I can’t imagine her crumbling like this.
Not much else to say. The episode ended with Shiraitodai 100K up on Senriyama, with the other two teams another 20K & 30K behind them. Things look really bleak for our designated heroes, though at this point I can’t even say that Achiga deserves to advance. Toki needs to hurry up and evolve so they can get out of this round and let some of the other players do some work. The work of battling for 2nd place, that is.
tl;dr: @StiltsOutLoud – All points go to Teru. That is all. #SakiAchiga
- Can anyone explain to me why the other players aren’t going for super crappy trash hands? It seems to me that’s the best way to get out of this round ASAP, and minimize the damage. Or are they actually doing that, and Teru just isn’t letting them win anyway?
- I enjoyed how, because of Megane-chan’s research, Toki was watching for the rinshan kaihou when Teru kan’d. Your reputation precedes you, Saki!
- If I had to choose something to see upside down while I was feinting, I would pick Ryuuka’s thighs as well. Oh, and I would also choose to squeeze her breasts to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. I’m glad Toki and I have so much in common! :3
- I really do think this should have been about Senriyama instead of Achiga. I’m sorry girls, but Toki x Ryuuka yuri lap pillows are 100x better than anything Achiga is bringing to the table. And if Senriyama had Subara on their team as well…well, at that point I just might vote for them over Kiyosumi. Maybe.
- What? What are you looking at?