K – 12 »« K – 09, 10

K   11   25 K   11   26 K   11   27
K   11   28 K   11   29 K   11   30
K   11   31 K   11   32 K   11   33
K   11   34 K   11   35 K   11   36
K   11   37 K   11   38 K   11   39

「killer」

Many viewers will be able to pat themselves in the back after this episode – the clues were definitely there, and to anyone who surmised “Shiro” is actually Weismann: props to you. The development begs a closer examination at all the past details shown in the series so far. I for one will have an entertaining time seeing how it all comes together.

I do wonder what this means for Shiro’s original identity pre-body swap. Perhaps it’s not really of importance who he was – it’s fairly obvious the fox spirit, or the “Colorless King”, doesn’t really discriminate between his victims. It’s all a matter of convenience, so it’s highly likely Shiro was chosen because he happened to be in the right place at the right time. Another thing to note is that the Colorless King’s power isn’t infallible; surprisingly enough it’s quite easy to overcome it. Kings are able to overpower it with little to no effort, and they even seem to be able to distinguish whether or not someone is possessed (at least Munakata seems to).

Whatever the case, the Seventh King has managed to create a fine mess, igniting an all-out war between HOMRA and SCEPTER 4. To be honest I’m far more invested in the conflicts that arise from the battle of reds vs. blue than Shiro’s identity crisis since the former holds a lot more characteristically interesting relationships. The tension between Yata, Fushimi, Mikoto, and Munakata is like a dynamite whose fuse is just on the verge of being lit, leading to a spectacular explosion. There is just a wealth of complicated dynamics at play that keep the conflicts fresh. Munakata especially is continuing to surprise with his persistent attempts to keep Mikoto from ruining himself into oblivion. It seems so at odds with his nature, but at the same time it’s a course of action that is perfectly within reason.

With Weismann back in the picture, the plot will no doubt thicken even more, and I’m sure K won’t disappoint.

Full-length images: 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 11, 12, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 25, 27, 30, 31, 35, 36, 38.

K   11   Preview 01 K   11   Preview 02 K   11   Preview 03
December 18, 2012 at 5:26 pm
  • December 18, 2012 at 6:04 pmdatdo

I had an inkling that weissman == shiro when I heard the voices of both but didn’t actually think it’d be true…I have to rewrite a lot of my theories now.

• December 20, 2012 at 2:56 pmSpacyRicochet

I’m mostly wondering about Kuro, previously serving the Colorless King, who now has become a complete bastard. Though on the other hand, the mission the previous Seventh King gave him, now makes sense. He told Kuro to kill the Colorless if he was evil.

Only, the Colorless made Kuro choose the wrong target, wreaking havoc between the Reds and Blues at the same time as well. Gotta admire that level of cunning.

• December 20, 2012 at 6:14 pmwandering-dreamer

*previous* Colorless king, Ichigen is very much dead and seems to have the exact opposite personality of the new colorless king.

• December 21, 2012 at 9:08 amAni_BEE

Plus the Colorless king is a wild card amung the 7. Tehy never know what the next generation will become or be like.

• December 21, 2012 at 9:12 amAni_BEE

*They

Also the Colorless king power are wild in terms of what they can do. So the other King look on them as a shit disturber regardless if the stay quite in the mountains like Kuro’s master Ichigen.

• December 18, 2012 at 6:26 pmBlackStealth1989

That ending had me confused for a couple minutes. But just curious , how many episodes will this show be again? because I’m really interested in all of the Kings.

• December 18, 2012 at 9:10 pmPerlaNemesis

13 I think.

• December 18, 2012 at 9:27 pmKF

Is there going to be a season 2, this anime has potential.

TQ

• December 18, 2012 at 10:47 pmEntrav

If this had happened 7 episodes earlier, I may have had more hope for this anime. Hopefully, they can make this revelation coherent.

• December 19, 2012 at 12:56 amSingerOfW

Considering the amount of people in this episode that almost died but not really, even after being stabbed or shot, it’s surprising that Totsuka kicked the bucket in the first place.

• December 19, 2012 at 2:42 ampooyan

i guess there are people who just need to die :P

• December 19, 2012 at 6:42 amSaevel

I was worried a bit by how this series started out. For some reason i couldn’t stop watching, and it hasn’t disappointed. This series has successfully thrown me for a loop, way to go K

• December 19, 2012 at 6:44 amAki-Chan

When I was watching the episode…the subbers had subbed the part where Shiro/Weismann is speaking in German…in German. So I’m not actually sure what he said apart from the “My name is Adolf .K Weismann.”
    ………

• December 19, 2012 at 7:33 amMiefchen

He Said:
      “Macht nichts. Ich bin unverwundbar.”
      “That doesn’t matter. I’m invulnerable.”
      “Endlich habe ich (es) verstanden.”
      “Finally I’ve understood. ”
      That “es” (which would be “it” in English) is missing in his sentence. Altough it isn’t grammatically wrong, we Germans tend to say “Ich verstehe es” which would be literally translated to “I understand it”.
      “Mein Name. . . .”
      “My Name. . . .

• December 19, 2012 at 12:28 pmRND

Is it just me, or does this review seem short, because the episode itself was very self-explanatory and didn’t leave much room for interpretation.

• December 19, 2012 at 7:01 pmAnomalous

*beams*

Why the ridiculously (for you) short blog post? Er… Exams/RL Priorities?

• December 19, 2012 at 7:37 pmAnomalous

Also, Kings are basically Reality Warpers (a good example of how they could have better pieced together the Anime, Light Novel, Manga, and Drama CD’s), so self-healing would probably not be any more difficult for them then brushing dust off of your shoulder would be for you.

• December 20, 2012 at 4:46 amThe Moondoggie

Ridiculous! Ridiculous ass-pulling events everywhere this week in every anime! But it would kinda fit since Weissman pushed Shiro off the blimp. The question is why? Why did Weissman pushed his clone off, why did he had a clone made in the first place?

Then there’s that fox-thingy. Is it a creature similar to Neko? It doesn’t seem to have it’s own physical body.

Finale is near and there are still a bit of to chew. Here’s hoping one of the best I have seen this season pull an end worthy to be called the King of this Season.

• December 20, 2012 at 10:06 amHasturHasturHas

The fox-thing is the colorless king. He stole some random kid’s body, boarded the Weissman’s zeppelin, switched bodies with Weissman, then pushed Weissman/Shiro off the zeppelin. When Scepter 4 storms the Zeppelin, we’re seeing the colorless king traipsing about in the silver king’s body, which he abandoned right before detonating the zeppelin.

Whew.

What I want to know is, where did Kukuri end up after the colorless king’s body-swap train?

• December 20, 2012 at 11:12 amshadowalker

just wanna point out tht the ‘fox-thing’/Colorless King might originally have been in Shiro’s(or rather, tht kid himself) body rather than have stolen it.

• December 20, 2012 at 12:00 pmWTFisThisSHIT?!

I still watch this show cuz of Neko mainly lol, still this last 2 episodes has redeemed the series for me and at least show an awesome plot twist that is executed correctly compared to Guilty Crown