Robotics;Notes – 16 »« Robotics;Notes – 14

Robotics Notes   15   19 Robotics Notes   15   20 Robotics Notes   15   21
Robotics Notes   15   22 Robotics Notes   15   23 Robotics Notes   15   24
Robotics Notes   15   25 Robotics Notes   15   26 Robotics Notes   15   27
Robotics Notes   15   28 Robotics Notes   15   29 Robotics Notes   15   30
Robotics Notes   15   31 Robotics Notes   15   32 Robotics Notes   15   33
Robotics Notes   15   34 Robotics Notes   15   35 Robotics Notes   15   36

「君に夢を見せてあげよう」 (Kimi ni Yume o Misete Ageyou)
“I’ll Show You a Dream”

These past few weeks have really focused on the girls in this anime – starting with Junna, to Kona and finally to Airi… who turns out, is actually human. Not to mention that she’s still alive and hidden in the basement of an abandoned house (linked to the last episode of Gunvarrel anyone?) Powered by what exactly? Could it have something to do with the monopole? Anyway, I’m getting ahead of myself and talking about details that might not even be relevant. My mind’s been focused too much lately on each individual character and their developments throughout the past few episodes. I’ve loved each episode since 2013 started and how each week builds upon the last. This gives the characters time to develop without feeling a giant gap between each episode’s focus. Each of the girls has their own unique, tragic histories that made them who they are. In Junna’s case – her fear of robots has really transpired into avoidance with her grandfather. This is not something that was fixed overnight, but something that she’s growing to accept and get over. For Kona, I would almost say that all she’s been missing in her life is a friend. Kai’s been that friend to her and going to the extreme of helping her uncover the mystery behind her mother’s disappearance. It’s safe to say that her story is still incomplete, but I feel a much stronger connection to her now. Finally, it’s Airi’s turn and just when I thought it couldn’t get any better…

I won’t try and pretend that I’ve seen this coming from miles away. I didn’t… until the beginning of the episode opened up with the hospital scene. I’ve always been wondering what the significance was behind Airi and now we know… she’s not an AI, she’s a normal teenager who’s been diagnosed with an incurable illness. It’s a story that we’ve all heard before and it’s one of those stories that usually end with a heartbroken soul. So how is this any different? I dare say that it’s not… but I can only predict what’s going to happen to Airi now that she’s further in the future and in the hands of the government. For the sake of a happy ending, I hope she wakes up and lives, but there’s no guarantee that Airi (the AI) is even the same “person” as the one sleeping.

Speaking of which, Airi (the AI) is no longer visible to Kai – only Sister Centipede is. This would’ve been an extremely fitting episode if it aired before Christmas because nothing beats a Christmas miracle in a story. It’s definitely a heartwarming sensation when Airi finally gets her first snowfall and I’m glad that Kona was willing to grant her that wish. The cherry on top of the cake was the kiss at the end though! Kai, you whore! I’m only teasing… but for Kai to keep up his end of the promise shows that he treats Airi like any other human being – with respect. I can’t say that it was a romantic kiss, but the idea behind it sent butterflies to my stomach and there’s no doubt that Airi really is a loveable girl. It’s a shame to see her go; hopefully it won’t be for long.

After last week’s developments on Robotics;Notes, I admit that I wasn’t expecting much out of this next one. Boy, was I wrong and glad to be. This show has taken up half its episodes just building up and creating this massive snowball that I feel is finally starting to tip over the other side of the mountain. Its gained a lot of speed and momentum and answers are finally popping up left and right. Kimijima Kou makes his grand entrance and his sixth report is also brought to life. Surprise surprise, it talks about the Committee of 300′s plan to brainwash individuals. Now that Airi’s gone though, and so are all the links to Kimijima Kou, I expect Mizuka to step it up and explain a few things. She seems to be the key to unlocking a lot of the mysteries that surround our town so I wouldn’t be surprised if she was seeing him while he was alive.

Full-length images: 01, 25.

February 2, 2013 at 1:08 pm
  • February 2, 2013 at 1:25 pmjrj

it is so sad to see Airi go… but I have to say, my respect to Kai has gone up to a higher level now… Last week was Frau, and now Airi, this man will slowly capture all the girls hearts helps all that is around him xD

having said that, without playing the game, I have to say the suspense and the dire feeling from S;G is slightly lacking. Though I will still follow it to the end and I am sure they will explain everything.

Thanks for the coverage as always, Cherrie

• February 2, 2013 at 1:30 pmJolly

I liked this episode, the mood was so calm yet a lot of important information was given. The ID of Kimijima Kou was reviled and quite frankly hes not what I expected. I was thinking maybe someone like Kona, a weird shut-in, or maybe even Kona’s mom! (as someone else suggested) The things I really wanna know about are the connection between Airi and Mizuka and the S.S. Anemone accident. I really have a hard time waiting for new eps T_T….

• February 2, 2013 at 1:59 pmSpacyRicochet

Hands up to Kai for doing the rational thing and calling in the authorities for Airi. Yay for levelheadedness!

In other shows the first thing would’ve been all the main characters huddled around the poor cryo-girl, wondering how they might wake her up. Of course they’d succeed in the end, but normally that’s near the same thing as murder.

• February 2, 2013 at 8:13 pmCherrie

I was half-expecting a Sleepy Beauty type of moment where he opens up the container and kisses her =X Clearly kissing her AI-self is a lot more uh… practical? realistic? I don’t know T_T

• February 2, 2013 at 8:25 pminfo600

Heartwarming? (to us viewers anyway)

• February 3, 2013 at 4:35 ammoridin84

The reason she’s in cryo is because she’s got an incurable illness you know? It’s not that they can’t wake her up.

• February 2, 2013 at 2:07 pmEdios

suddenly…. enlarged foreheads.

• February 2, 2013 at 2:22 pmSpoiler

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• February 2, 2013 at 2:56 pmKarl

Above is a serious spoiler. Do NOT read it, if you want to further enjoy the anime!

• February 2, 2013 at 3:30 pmpokpok

too late noooo i read it d a fuq. please tell me how to erase my memory of this atrocity spoiler!!!

• February 2, 2013 at 3:20 pmMegas

Nice spoiler, you only have to go through 15 hours of VN b4 figuring that out. Just don’t read it.

• February 2, 2013 at 3:33 pmFT5.Havok

Like seriously wtf man!!! Can you not!

• February 2, 2013 at 6:37 pmSpoiler

Don’t worry Show Spoiler ▼

• February 2, 2013 at 8:20 pmKaoa

Wtf man, if it’s a BIG MAJOR SPOILER, at least warned us gtfo..
      Sometimes ppl use spoiler when telling joke

• February 3, 2013 at 5:20 amRyuuzaki21

i will send a D-MAIL and tell myself not click that fvking spoiler tag

• February 4, 2013 at 6:02 amTheLastMan

well i doubt the authenticity of the spoiler… i feel that there’s something wrong because it is more like of a TROLL post than a spoiler.

• February 4, 2013 at 6:14 amTheLastMan

$hit man… i have read the robotics;notes’ VN script as i browse through the net. the guy definitely has posted a damn BIG spoiler. if possible to suggest, the post must be deleted or modified. because its a spoiler beyond the acceptable.

• February 4, 2013 at 7:43 amCherrie

I haven’t actually clicked the spoiler since I hate spoilers =(
        The only thing I have to say about that is – at least spoiler tags are there, click at your own discretion. Sorry for all those that were curious but hopefully there’s more to the story to watch for ^^’

• February 2, 2013 at 3:33 pmkondee

Who exactly is Kimijima Kou? It took us 15 episodes but we now finally know.

Kimijima Kou is…a biseinen.

• February 2, 2013 at 4:16 pmboingman

Airi must have parents somewhere, right? Then I wonder what happened to them that they would allow their daughter be put in cryostasis hidden away. Hopefully that’ll be cleared up.
    And this makes Airi older than the other girls, I guess.

• February 2, 2013 at 8:12 pmCherrie

I think they mentioned last episode that Kimijima Kou died about a decade ago… Which means that Airi is at least 10 years older than the other girls… assuming they would’ve been the same age.

• February 2, 2013 at 4:43 pminfo600

I shall reserve my judgement of who’s evil for the time being…

remember, in the real world, there is no such thing as evil, only greed…

• February 3, 2013 at 2:14 amPasserby

‘There is good and there is evil, and evil must be punished. Even in the face of armageddon I will not compromise in this.’

• February 2, 2013 at 5:17 pmpokpok

kai=kiss AI forehead like a boss

• February 2, 2013 at 11:34 pmMike

Heh, nice to see that Kurisu is still a 2channeler XD

• February 3, 2013 at 12:40 amBen

For those of you wondering where Makise “appeared”, here, I took a screencap.

You recogonize the name? :P

• February 3, 2013 at 2:18 amCybersteel

Kai-kun you bastard doing that to Airi-chan!!!

• February 3, 2013 at 4:47 amWatermelon

So, according to map shown in this ep, Kimijima’s house is somewhere on Tanegashima, near road 581, north-east from lake.
    Seems that there is something.

• February 3, 2013 at 9:00 amewok40k

Another WHAM! episode – Airi is a real girl – although in hibernation/stasis. I hope shell get better…
    Furthermore, we get to see Kimijima Kou in person, for the first time! We also get to see his 6th (and final?) report, but it doesnt move the story much.
    Last but not least, Kona gets my two thumbs up for granting Airi’s wish!

• February 3, 2013 at 1:52 pmillusion

In the ED, we see Airi walking with another girl, I take this as a sign that we will se her real self soon, but probably without her AI memories.

• February 4, 2013 at 4:23 amSingerOfW

Kimijima looks a bit like the male version of Frau to me. I know that she colors her hair, but could he actually be her father? Only her mother has been mentioned so far, after all.

• February 4, 2013 at 5:17 amTheMoondoggie

So is Airi dead or alive? We saw an ambulance and heard she was sleeping, but they didn’t say if she was dead. I hope not.

Also Kai, LOL 0/10 surfing.

• February 4, 2013 at 6:12 amTheLastMan

airi? she could be probably dead, REALISTICALLY SPEAKING but well since its anime plus its 2019 or something, maybe the cryogenics technology has improved 100 folds to the extent it can froze human and thaw it later.

but well… i am not a man who digs for spoilers so, i have no idea if airi will be back asa a human later.

• February 4, 2013 at 7:58 amCherrie

I actually think it’s already possible to freeze a human body… but it’s just the de-frosting part that’s preventing us from regenerating people. I don’t know much about this topic (clearly not a science student T_T) but I think there are already people that sign up to be frozen (head or full body) when they’re about to die/dead? so it is possible in that department. Legally speaking though – Airi would be considered dead o_o

• February 6, 2013 at 10:01 ameharper256

Yeah, Cryonics IS possible right now; just not Cryogenics. An important distinction; the former allows indefinite preservation of the tissues (and theoretically, the consciousness). The problem is keeping one alive whilst they go under deep freeze and out again; which is the important part.

• February 6, 2013 at 6:33 pmsealouse

I just realized that this is pretty much how Steins;Gate played out wasn’t it? There was a period of episodes that covered all the side “girls” and then the main girl was covered in the last few episodes.