Naruto 674 – All The Eyes »« Naruto 671 – Inheritance

Naruto 672, 673 – Awakening

Naruto Manga   673   02

*Before starting things here, I’d just like to apologize for missing last week’s chapter without any notice. For whatever reason I thought I already posted the chapter prior to leaving for PAX East, but it turns out it was not the case, so apologies for that.

That said, perhaps the key thing in these last two chapters is the notion that Guy not only had a special technique no one else knew about, he also ends up not dying after all. After multiple weeks of rather obvious death flags, it’s kind of nice to see that things didn’t take the worst case scenario route here, and I think I can say on behalf of much of the fans here that it’s just great to still have Gai around. He probably won’t be participating in the fight any longer, but there’s a big difference between that being because he’s dead versus being incapacitated.

In any case, what this highlights is the fact that both Sasuke and Naruto have officially obtained probably what will be their last power-up of the series as well, and it’s quite something to say the least. The ability to stop what should be guaranteed death. The ability to launch epic Rasen-Shurikens. The ability to block Madara’s black balls of death and to touch his poles without any issues. Now that’s what I’m talking about! Of course, Madara’s not one to be overshadowed though, and it looks like he ends up receiving one last power boost too. What that leaves us with is Madara and the combined team of Sasuke and Naruto possessing essentially the same Six Paths Senjutsu x Rinnegan combination entering the final battle, and really, I think some of the best techniques have yet to be shown. Either way, it finally looks like our main characters have exactly what they need to beat Madara right now—it makes quite a lot of sense that two individuals combining to use the same powers can overpower one—and I guess it’s time to just sit back and enjoy the ride.

April 16, 2014 at 6:49 am
  • April 16, 2014 at 6:59 amP Ko

Bless you Souta!
    Thank you for saving the day and changing Gai’s death flag.

• April 16, 2014 at 7:12 amTechim

The ability to block Madara’s black balls of death and to touch his pole without any issues.
    Oh dear, I sense Seitokai Yakuindomo fans are going to have a field day making a joke of that :p

Btw, Sasuke didn’t get a regular Rinnegan.
    Apparently its a Rinnegan with 9 Tomoe, the same one as Kaguya’s third eye (Sage of Six Path’s mother) and also like the Juubi’s eye. Hence why Sasuke only has one eye in that form.
    (Seen some fans asking why not both eyes in the MAL manga review)

By the way, some people are wondering whether that voice talking to Madara is hinting at a new villain. Speculations involve Show Spoiler ▼

• April 16, 2014 at 7:36 amZephyr

Yeah I kinda intentionally worded it that way, haha.

As for the latter, yeah, there’s some interesting speculation that came from this chapter. Definitely makes you wonder a bit…

• April 17, 2014 at 8:09 amOscar

You know theres that little square in one of ten pages that shows both Kaguyas byakugan and her sharingan were the tree speaks to madara.

I wonder if Kishi would pull a fast one and it was Kaguya pulling the strings, i mean she is kind of a goddess and i may be wrong really wrong in this but her death wasnt mention right? heck Kaguya could be inside the Jubi

• April 17, 2014 at 8:37 pmUngas123

Naruto’s Six Paths form isn’t complete like Sasuke’s Rinnegan/9-Tomoe-Sharingan.

Probably the completion of both Naruto’s Six Path and Sasuke’s Rinnegan/9-Tomoe-Sharingan will be against Madara’s backer (probably the Sage’s brother) or against Kaguya herself.

• April 16, 2014 at 7:25 amShanHaxx

For the first time in 673 chapters, it seems defeating Madara has finally become vaguely (if not completely) possible.

• April 16, 2014 at 7:35 amMelgar

Yeah im pretty sure that the final villain will be the sage of the six path’s brother…..

• April 16, 2014 at 7:38 amZephyr

Wouldn’t be too surprised if that were the case, heh. Natural progression and all. Either way, gonna be epic.

• April 16, 2014 at 8:57 amTechim

Prediction on his appearance if this comes true:
      -not canon scenario but I’ll put my predictions in spoiler mode anyway-

Kind of makes you wonder why would the cautions and careful planning Madara just suddenly listen to some random voice belonging to a person he doesn’t know..
      Desperation could be a factor, but then…..

• April 16, 2014 at 11:30 amNadester

Lol, come on guys. We all know that Orochimaru is the true final boss. As long as his darling Sasuke is around that is. :P
      All jokes aside, anybody think that despite all this teamwork/development Naruto and Sasuke will have a final battle?

• April 16, 2014 at 7:39 amMisk

T’was interesting. I, on the other hand, am a little disappointed that Guy survived, through such means, too, but ah well. Let’s see what Naruto and Sasuke are capable of now.

• April 16, 2014 at 11:49 amLithonite

Gai survived yes.. but he is permanently unable to fight ever again( His foot turned to Ash ).. To me a far more tragic turn of events considering he wasn’t able to go out in a youthful blaze of glory.

However he does survive to teach and boast help develop other Nin, as a cripple.

• April 16, 2014 at 7:56 amMgMaster

GOD DAMNIT NARUTO! Way to ruin the epic last moments of a great warrior. I like Gai but did they REALLY have to do this? It would’ve been a memorable moment…

Naruto always,ALWAYS does this. Ruining the great moments of others by coming at the end,KS-ing people & taking all the glory. Yea,I get it: “The hero always shows up late”. I hate those types with a passion.

• April 16, 2014 at 11:41 amNadester

Main character syndrome, breaking all the rules, lol what can I say? Anywho I bet Sasuke is still evil, regardless of his teamwork with Naruto. In the end, there can only be one Hokage after all.

• April 16, 2014 at 12:39 pmMgMaster

I often wish someone like Kakashi was the main character.

• April 16, 2014 at 8:18 amswordhack4

I’m disappointed that Gai will live, because it was such a great way to send him off, but the set up for next week more than makes up for it!

Somehow though I still see Gai doing something that will ultimately end up with him dying…I don’t know. I AM disappointed, but somehow relieved. I loved Gai too much to lose him but still, I loved Gai too much for him NOT to get the departure he deserves. I’m conflicted :(

• April 16, 2014 at 8:23 amTechim

If I interpreted some panels in 672 correctly, Guy will live, but crippled.
      Bones in his right leg are broken, (is there any ninjutsu that fixes bones?)
      and part of his right foot is gone.

• April 16, 2014 at 10:44 amBelias

You should remember Rock Lee’s trauma after the fight with Gaara. As for missing members however, they will need Inoue Orihime.

• April 16, 2014 at 12:50 pmLithonite

Broken bones, really aren’t an issue as much as the foot that disintegrated to ash….

• April 16, 2014 at 8:23 amleatherhead333

I’m convinced Kishi has no guts anymore. I really can’t believe he made all this buildup giving us flashbacks of Guy that he for some reason never got up to this point only to for Naruto to come in and just heal him with a simple touch. Why is he so keen on cheaply keeping everyone alive? Was Neji’s random death really just a way for him keep people off his back about everyone surviving? Seriously he’s excluded the majority of the cast from the story they might as well be dead anyway.

With all these new powerups i’m dreading more and more the possibility that everyone is going to brought back in a similar fashion…….

• April 16, 2014 at 8:25 amYukie

I’m not sure how I feel abt the entire reincarnation power-up thing: On one hand, I can’t help but feel it undervalues Naruto and Sasuke’s growth up till now. On the other hand, it does feel like the only way they could defeat someone as insanely strong Madara.

Alas, it’s not the epic conclusion I’d hoped for from this series, but I guess we’ll at least get an epic-scaled final fight.

• April 16, 2014 at 9:07 amYahari

Sasuke got the short end of the stick. Naruto gets two sticks and a full circle of black orbs while sasuke only gets the rinnegan in one of his eyes. Should have just give him rinnegan in both eyes. That or remove half of Naruto’s stuff :P

Off topic: Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabu Kome wa Machigatteiru gets a 2nd season. Hurray for 8man! http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-23239.html

• April 16, 2014 at 12:41 pmMgMaster

^Yep I heard. It might be unrelated to Naruto but it’s the best news here.

• April 16, 2014 at 5:49 pmTerrorhunt

Oregairu: The 8man Rises.

• April 16, 2014 at 9:34 amAndante

Awesome chapter! Hope the next chapter will deliver good battle.

• April 16, 2014 at 9:35 amK C M

I can’t believe it Negi was killed but Guy was saved, what kind of bull is this.

• April 16, 2014 at 11:42 amGermanguy

Naruto could do nothing about Nagi, at that Time. But now, he has the Power to save his Comrades and Friends. Naruto has the Ability to convert his Chakra into all kind. So Guy is saved. But i dont want to see the aftereffect of his Ultimo Attack. Broken Bones, His Body cells are all crying, perhaps he is heavy injured like Rock Lee after the fight with Gaara

• April 16, 2014 at 11:54 amNadester

Yeah, I agree, after all the BS that’s happened I believe Neji’s death served no purpose whatsoever. Who knows Neji might still get revived, keep your fingers crossed. With the stuff Kishimoto is pulling off lately, you never know.

• April 16, 2014 at 9:45 amrazz0104

Deus Ex Machina No Jutsu Complete. Madara rapage commencing.

On a side note Madara got more wood shoved in him, the perv.

• April 16, 2014 at 10:09 amThatGuy

…no comment

Also, its time for Naruto and Sasuke to do the fusion dance

• April 16, 2014 at 10:46 amBelias

Someone downvoted every comment disapointed with Guy’s survival, LOL

• April 16, 2014 at 11:02 amW.P

A new challenger appears: Hermit’s Mother.
    Anyone excited for a new villain?
    Hope my grandchildren will find out if Naruto did become Hokage (or at leash chunin).

• April 16, 2014 at 11:19 amTechim

A powerful character’s much more powerful mother becomes the final boss?
      Now that certainly rings a bell…
      I wonder if Kishimoto is taking inspiration from Kill La Kill…

• April 16, 2014 at 11:43 amGermanguy

i have a feeling, Naruto is about to enter his Final stage. What will they do after this? Naruto and Sasuke friendship will turn back to “whie and black”? Boring

• April 16, 2014 at 11:18 amMorridin

Even if this chapter was telegraphed for so long it filled me with gleeee~

• April 16, 2014 at 11:38 amGermanguy

Naruto is back on the “Kicking the Bad Guys in the Ass with Chuck Norris Roundhouse Kick!” :)

No not an ironic comment, i mean Naruto is back on Track and kicking someones Ass around, like it should be.

Welcome back Mr. Action :)

• April 16, 2014 at 1:09 pmSouthSky

That moment when Guy is more badass than the five kages, just epic!

• April 16, 2014 at 1:43 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

My fears came true yet again.

Naruto comes in and makes all that build-up and action with Gai essentially pointless while he and Sasuke completely steal the spotlight, and both are literally just magically handed more power that will magically allow them to be far more effective against Madara when they along with the Edo Tensei Kages couldn’t even make him flinch before.

• April 16, 2014 at 1:52 pmNanashi

Gaara: “Hey Naruto, now that you can stop death and also destroy huge landscapes on a whim, let’s make sure our countries are allies!”

-smartest kage of all.

• April 18, 2014 at 6:26 amMelgar

Lol I bet you read the mangapanda translation not the mangastream one….Garaa actually invites Naruto to drink some Sake after he becomes Hokage…..

• April 16, 2014 at 5:46 pmrandomstroller

at first I thought when naruto put yondaime’s kunai in his mouth, sasuke would ended up appear kissing him when nidaime jumps him, callback to ye olde times

• April 16, 2014 at 11:32 pmrandom viewer

I just can’t stop thinking about it…”omg it’s happening…it’s really going to come to an end” and I feel the suspense killing me.

• April 17, 2014 at 3:51 amhoi

Sasuke didn’t get the Rinnegan: He got THE 9-tomoe Sharingan (and there is only one of it) like the Juubi’s unique eye and Kaguya’s third eye , . Consequently, Sasuky keeps two Sharingans which is the requirement to use Sharingan’s power to its fullest (Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi).
    I wonder if the SO6P’s brother will eventually appear: Madara looks exactely like him, when the SO6P and his brother fought the Juubi .

• April 17, 2014 at 3:54 amhoi

Sasuke didn’t get the Rinnegan: He got THE 9-tomoe Sharingan (http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/673/18) (and there is only one of it) like the Juubi’s unique eye and Kaguya’s third eye (http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/671/8). Consequently, Sasuky keeps two Sharingans which is the requirement to use Sharingan’s power to its fullest (Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi).
    I wonder if the SO6P’s brother will eventually appear: Madara looks exactely like him, when the SO6P and his brother fought the Juubi (http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/670/13).

• April 20, 2014 at 12:28 amSOSAnimeBoy

You must live outside the US. Naruto on mangareader is not visible to folks in the US for copyright issues.

• April 20, 2014 at 10:35 pmhoi

I am. Thanks for the info, I didn’t know.

• April 20, 2014 at 12:35 pmYanDaMan

Im still waiting for the inevitable fusion dance~! For Narusuke~!