Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Hen – 07 »« Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Hen – 05

Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Hen – 06

「さくらとうさぎと月の唄」 (Sakura to Usagi to Tsuki no Uta)
“Sakura and The Rabbit and The Moon’s Song”

Another episode, another new card.

General Impressions

For anyone expecting a huge revelation or something big based on last week’s preview, you will once again be sorely disappointed. That said, this episode felt pretty good overall and as I’ve said before, I’m always down for more Kero-chan!

However, if I were to put on my conspiracy hat, Akiho and her stuffed animal Momo feel so damn suspicious that I’d probably go crazy if I didn’t try to talk about it. So besides all the red flags that were going off when Akiho was first introduced as a transfer student that started late, how can you not suspect her of being something more than just a soft-spoken side character after this week? Not only are the parallels to Sakura are so striking that it’s almost like the show is trying to slap us with a large trout, but with the way she was blushing at Syaoran just felt too damn suspicious. If I’m being frank with you, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if and when the show decides to reveal the secret (if there actually is one). Oh, and did I mention that while Sakura is making the assumption that Akiho’s “special person” might be a lover, I think it’s pretty clear that it might be someone who can use magic and possibly someone who we should be wary of.

Whew, with that out of the way let me throw my conspiracy hat back onto the coat rack and talk about some of the fun points of this week’s episode. Besides a rather short capture scene that Tomoyo once again missed, it’s nice to see Syaoran (sort of) finally join in on the action. And while it’d be nice to see him dawn his trademark green, white, and yellow outfit, I doubt we’ll be seeing much from him until we get deeper into whatever is going on with these Clear Cards. On Kero-chan’s side of things it was a little surprising to see him shift into his true form. For viewers new to the series, I’m sure you weren’t expecting someone as adorable as Kero-chan to look like something from He-Man, right?

Anyways, let’s all look forward to next week’s episode where we’ll hopefully get to see at least a fun card capture with so many cameras floating around. See you guys then!

February 11, 2018 at 11:52 pm
  • February 12, 2018 at 3:30 amHalfDemonInuyasha

Meiliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

That is all.

• February 12, 2018 at 4:15 amA. Gui

• February 12, 2018 at 9:13 amHalfDemonInuyasha

Does anybody have a holy hand grenade?!

• February 14, 2018 at 4:49 pmruicarlov

Fantastic reply.
        Go ask some worms, they might have one on stock ;)

• February 12, 2018 at 5:42 amNyttah

Meiling chan!!!! Kero and Mei chan great duo!!! I want a great big brothera and fun one, as Touya is in this season. I always like him, but he seems less tense than he was in Sakura cardcaptor. Even the traces of his design soften more, and I thought he seemns more beautifull now. Lucky Yuki!

• February 12, 2018 at 9:53 amJacob Listerud

I don’t see why you didn’t say anything at all about Meiling in this episode.

• February 12, 2018 at 9:54 amKF

• February 12, 2018 at 12:49 pmJVieion5

I hy did Shaolan go back after the second movie?

• February 12, 2018 at 12:51 pmJVieion5

Why did Shaolan go back after the second movie?

• February 12, 2018 at 7:54 pmJacob Llisterud

I thought he stated it in the first episode.

• February 12, 2018 at 5:01 pmkiryuu

She’s still anime original. No references to her in the clear card source manga.

• February 17, 2018 at 6:09 pmJacob Listerud

True. This is the manga’s story adapting to the anime’s continuity.

• February 12, 2018 at 4:30 pmneko_in_blue

I gave up on downloading Sakura for such slow paced episodes. Going to follow by your posts, until something important happens. Momo is so cute, I wonder how her guardian form is going to be.

• February 17, 2018 at 12:17 amcesar

i completely understand you, i even bother to download it since i watched on fbk. but yes compare to the original show (and the first manga itself) we’re here without a plot

• February 12, 2018 at 11:02 pmMei Mei

Can someone tell me why does Sakura’s dad calls Sakura Sakura san instead on Sakura chan or Sakura? It seems too formal and distant but maybe I just don’t understand.

• February 15, 2018 at 4:38 pmPuffles

He’s terrified of the little monster. Giving it respect staves off its wrath.

• February 17, 2018 at 2:23 amcvb

Nothing, really. It’s the same as calling your dad otô-san, your mom okaa-san or your brother onii-san, you still use the suffix san and is the most common way to adress your sibilings.

In manga and anime is less common see parents using the san on their sons but it falls in the same way of how feelings and relationships are portrayed, it’s not faithful to reality. Usually I the parents who use san on their children are often depicted as flawless ladies or gentlemen. Touma’s mother in Index can be an example of that.

• February 13, 2018 at 9:56 pmrandom viewer

• February 15, 2018 at 2:05 amURGH

Is there a chemtrails card, to turn the frogs gay?

• February 15, 2018 at 12:55 pmAxe Armor

MEILING EXISTS

• February 15, 2018 at 4:36 pmFSLightbringer

I insist, Touya knows, no need to hide anything from him! :D

• February 18, 2018 at 7:16 amEin

I’m curious just now many of you actually watched Cardcaptor Sakura when it aired. You would have to be a certain age to have witnessed what a hit it was 20 years ago. Now I feel old and I’m still mad Sakuras brother is gay.

• February 18, 2018 at 8:38 amJacob Listerud

Well, I watched CardCaptors when I was a kid, maybe that might not be enough, but I am in the process of watching the original uncut version of the series on CrunchyRoll. If it wasn’t a hit, the new anime would exist at all.