One bright day in the middle of the nigh… oh wait, I already did that one. Anyways, Yukino is taking some nighttime stroll with kuma2 when a glowing ethereal feather falls in her hand – must be a feather from the mythical bird of good fortune.
The next morning, Yukino and Suzu go investigate the bird, but all they find is this black chicken lookin thing, and while chasing after it, fall into one of those pit-of-no-escapes. I think I saw something like this in Kanban Musume…
Anyways, IkuIku figures that something is wrong when Suzu doesn’t come back, so he goes out to look for her with the scent of the feather. It’s working out alright and he’s hot on the trail, but then it starts raining, which washes away all the scent. It’s uh-oh time… until the lucky bird shows up, and leads him to where Suzu and Yukino are holed up in.
Yea, that bird is the damn chicken that got everyone screwed in the first place. Finish episode with a tender moment between Ikuto and Suzu, where Ikuto says he’ll always protect Suzu cuz she’s “family.”
Wait, what? Family? Unless he’s into that brother x sister stuff, this can be considered a huge step in the wrong direction.
Some other notes:
– The animation quality was noticeably lower this episode than recent ones. Guess budget is better spent on the eps of random antics. Or maybe just non-Suzu eps. I’m not complaining.
– The point of this episode was to focus on how used to each other Ikuto and Suzu have become – it was extremely awkward for them to go about their daily lives without each other.
– Suzu kept her composure while in the death pit because her faith in Ikuto’s ability to find them never wavered.
– Suzu keeps about 50 ripe apples in her cleavage. Cmon… not like she’s Rin or something…
– It was actually a nice touch to have Suzu in tears at the end… all that suppressed fear and anxiety came out as she was in the safety of Ikuto’s… back.
– The family thing still bugs me. Unless he means wife. In which case, Suzu has some wife-duties to get going on, cuz there’s about 50 other women on the island who would gladly take her place.