Aaarrgghh matie, there be a master of the ocean currents on thar island you sees… find him and you may be gettin’ off this here cursed island. But don’t be reachin’ for your oars just yet lad, first you must find the key to the currents you sees – only then have you the power over the sea.
So where is this key? Where else but the summit of Fuji-yama? But heed caution, young Ikuto, for there are many terrible things that will stand in your ascent up the mountain.
– Suzu vows once again to help Ikuto in his search for some way to get off the island – naturally she’s doing it for the benefit of the man (as it should be)
– Not so fast, says the backup three of Rin, Chikage, and Yukino. They lay some mame daifuku along the path and bait Suzu into a… huge maze (Rin put it together just before). Let’s just forget for story’s sake that Suzu has some serious ninja skills and could prolly jump out of there.
– Well, it’s not quite a maze, as Rin has put signs pointing out the direction to the exit… cuz she didn’t want danna-sama to get lost. Whoops.
– They get to the door but it won’t open. Ayane busts in for no apparent reason.
– For more unreason, a giant ball about 30 times the size of the one in Indiana Jones is released onto the maze, crushing everything in its path, including Yukino, Rin, all of Yukino’s idiot animal buddies, and an oblivious Ayane. It’s about to crush IkuSuzu, but the tiger master (the one with the “weak spot” between his tails) smacks it away.
– But no, he’s not there to save them, but to stop them. He’s protecting the path to the key! He rushes them, ready to strike… then trips over Meimei’s incredible ass as she walks out to greet Ikuto, falling on her face after tripping over something.
– Some stuff happens and some conversation goes on here, but I’m too busy staring at Meimei’s skin-tight dress and what kind of epic fiber it’s made of. 30% polyester, 30% latex, and 150% sexy…
– Anyways, Meimei x Kappa somehow kick the tiger’s ass, so IkuSuzu move on to the next boss. It’s that useless panda who Ikuto holds his own against, until his crappy wooden stick gets broken by the panda’s enormous, menacing, Ron Jeremy-class claws. Shinobu pops out of nowhere and starts fighting the panda. Somewhere along the line, Machi tries to nail Shinobu, but the dart is repelled back and nails Machi in the forehead. Self-KO
– Next, it’s Suzu’s shishou, the little twin tailed cat. Suzu tells Ikuto to stand aside as she takes on the… eh, fake? Turns out the master is a fake, and so are the other couple hundred that surround them. Which one is the fake one? Ikuto does some quick male-exclusive thinking on his feet and picks out the real one. Next boss.
– They reach the summit and find the key, but before they can leave with it, a small shadow steals it. Uh oh, it’s the fourth and toughest master of them all – it’s the… the… chicken. That little bundle of KFC that lives outside their house is actually the final boss. And well, he fights like Yoda. No, I take that back, this chicken would whoop Yoda’s ass. The Fried is strong with this one.
– Ikuto’s “zettai muri” limit break gets triggered but it’s still not enough to beat the top cock aka king of cluck aka cajun extra frisky. It wasn’t until Suzu had to sacrifice her own body to block an attack from the roosterbooster aka golden nugget aka the real mcchicken that he gets pissed off and pulls out some slick move similar to the one in Ryan vs Dorkman 2. Boss defeated!
– Now with key in hand, Ikuto and Suzu row out to the island to meet their fate… or maybe just Ikuto’s sister. Who knows, let’s see a season 2 where they pull a Seto no Hanayome and ship the whole cast back to average-as-hell Japan.
– Amazing animation quality and great direction with the action sequences as well as camera angles. Some shows, you wonder what it would look like if they actually had some real budget thrown at it, but with Nagasarete, we seem to be getting all ends of the spectrum in these last few episodes. Either way, this was a great episode that had really really good art and animation. If every episode was done with this quality, we might’ve had something real special.