Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko 2
21:30 TOKYO MX (01/08)
Nokemono-tachi no Yoru
22:00 TOKYO MX (01/08)
Benriya Saitou-san, Isekai ni Iku
22:30 AT-X (01/08)
The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki – Northern War
23:30 TOKYO MX (01/08)
Kyokou Suiri Season 2
25:05 TOKYO MX (01/08)
25:35 TV Tokyo (01/08)
20:00 AT-X (01/09)
Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu 2
23:00 TOKYO MX (01/09)
24:00 TOKYO MX (01/09)
Vinland Saga Season 2
24:30 TOKYO MX (01/09)
25:00 Tochigi TV (01/09)
Eiyuu Ou, Bu o Kiwameru Tame Tenseisu: Soshite, Sekai Saikyou no Minarai Kishi
25:45 TV Tokyo (01/09)
Ningen Fushin no Boukensha-tachi ga Sekai o Sukuu You Desu
23:30 ABEMA (01/03)
Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi
24:00 TV Tokyo (01/10)
Majutsushi Orphen Hagure Tabi: Urbanrama Hen
20:30 AT-X (01/18)
Tensei Oujo to Tensai Reijou no Mahou Kakumei
21:00 AT-X (01/04)
Koori Zokusei Danshi to Cool na Douryou Joshi
22:30 TOKYO MX (01/04)
Bungou Stray Dogs (2023)
23:00 TOKYO MX (01/04)
Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!
23:00 TOKYO MX (10/05)
Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2
23:30 AT-X (01/11)
24:00 TV Tokyo (01/04)
Tsurune: Tsunagari no Issha
24:00 TOKYO MX (01/04)
Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!
24:30 TOKYO MX (01/04)
Ooyuki Umi no Kaina
24:55 Fuji TV (01/11)
21:00 AT-X (01/05)
22:30 AT-X (01/05)
Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darouka: Familia Myth IV (2023)
23:00 ABEMA (01/05)
Onii-chan wa Oshimai!
23:30 AT-X (01/05)
Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai o Suberu
25:28 TBS (01/05)
Isekai Nonbiri Nouka
21:00 AT-X (01/06)
Sugar Apple Fairy Tale
21:30 AT-X (01/06)
D4DJ All Mix
23:00 TOKYO MX (01/13)
24:00 TOKYO MX (01/06)
Shin Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei
25:23 TV Tokyo (01/13)
Ars no Kyojuu
25:25 MBS・TBS (01/06)
Inu ni Nattara Suki na Hito ni Hirowareta.
25:35 TOKYO MX (01/06)
Tsundere Akuyaku Reijou Liselotte to Jikkyou no Endou-kun to Kaisetsu no Kobayashi-san
25:55 MBS / TBS (01/06)
Boku no Hero Academia (2022)
17:30 Yomiuri TV (10/01)
Kaiko Sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life
22:00 TOKYO MX (01/07)
Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken
22:30 TOKYO MX (01/07)
Hikari no Ou
22:30 WOWOW (01/14)
23:00 TV Tokyo (01/07)
Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki
23:30 AT-X (01/07)
23:30 TOKYO MX (01/07)
Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei Shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II
24:30 TOKYO MX (01/07)
Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san 2nd Attack
25:00 TOKYO MX (01/07)
25:30 TV Asahi (10/08)
Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka o Tamemasu
26:00 ABC (01/07)
Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen Hen
26:08 TV Tokyo (01/07)
Note: Both NieR:Automata Ver1.1a and Kubo-san wa Boku o Yurusanai have been left off owing to the former’s uncertain future release and the latter re-premiering in spring 2023.
Now that every show has had a few episodes to make its case, it’s time to tell you what we’ll be blogging this season. This is Random Curiosity’s Winter 2023 blogging schedule.
As per illustrious tradition, this is a tentative overview of our plans for the new season . . . or would be, but with multiple episodes under our belts, we’re pretty confident in our picks. Will some of them fall flat in the home stretch? Probably. This is what we’ll stick with for now, barring any unforeseen changes in the near future.
All things considered it’s a slow winter per usual, so outside of some heavy hitters and pleasant surprises not much this time around. Although there may be a pickup or two yet (Revenger temps me regardless of real-life time constraints) there is a lot of chaff among the wheat so I think we’re fine watching in place of writing. Maybe – we’ve been burned before!
In more site-related news expect some changes in the near future. I have a few ideas for a better commenting system, and also have fiddled with some of our post templates, both of which I’d love to see go live before spring hits. And who knows, maybe have our previews updated for the modern age as well.
Before I leave off too I’ll sum it all up as usual with a huge thank you to all. Random Curiosity keeps chugging on thanks to you guys, so make sure you stay safe, stay healthy, and get ready for the return of warm weather. It’s a new year, the days are growing longer, and there’s lots of anime to look forward in the coming months!
So, of the 9 series that I’ve opted to follow, you will be covering 3 (maybe 4 depending on Automata) of them; Vinland, Ou, Tondemo
Kyokou Suiri is definitely not everyone’s cup of tea, so I can understand that one, despite how much I personally enjoy shows like that.
Dungeon is putting out its best season yet, so that one’s mildly disappointing.
The one that really disappoints me though is Ooyuki Umi no Kaina as it’s in competition with Hikari no Ou for the most creative series of the season, and maybe even the year.
I’ll give a proper full review to Ooyukiumi no Kaina once it finishes airing, I’ve told pancakes but it seems he forgot to mention it. |･ω･｀)
Maybe, or maybe I just wanted it to be a surprise XD
Personally I find Danmachi more fun to watch than write about. It’s something I could see myself burning out on if I blogged it.
Fully agreed with Ooyuki Umi no Kaina (which is why FJ is giving it a full review), though there’s some greater risk given how jank Polygon shows can be at times.
Satisfied so far:
– Vinland Saga (Covered) – Can’t wait to see Thorfinn come to terms with his past life (and PTSD) as a child warrior. Seems “Snake” has an inkling of who Thorfinn is. Which does make me wonder if “Snake” also participated in the previous war.
– Bofuri Season 2 – Just one gripe, it seems that the production crew forgot about the stylized “II” (read: Maple’s shield multiplied by two) from the post-credits stinger from season 1.
– Nijiyon Animation – Easy bite-sized shorts featuring the school idols of Nijigasaki High. And there’s at least one more OAV for the main Nijigasaki series, if the info on Livechart is reliable.
Pleasantly surprised by:
– Trigun Stampede (Covered) – To the point that it’s going to be painful if this doesn’t receive a follow-up season. While I’m in the dark whether the Trigun manga (including Trigun Maximum) already finished its run, I’m certain there is more than enough content to adapt into a new season or two.
– Itou Junji: Maniac – Netflix basically dumped all 12 episodes for binging, yet here I am still watching two episodes at a time. Besides main attraction Tomie (Episode 9), there’s at least two other recurring characters from the previous Itou Junji Collection, the creepily annoying Souichi and the mysterious Oshikiri.
– Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha II – Something something mystery about a “God Child”, something something Anos and company going to the Spirit Forest Ahartheim to solve that mystery (in the ridiculously over-the-top way Anos always does). TBF, it’s been a while since the story arcs of the previous season and I did feel put off by the apparent adaptational changes from the light novel.
May marathon instead:
– NieR:Automata Ver1.1a – From the screenshots I’ve seen so far, looks damn good. Not helping matters is the production delay cue to the ‘Rona.
Might hold off until the uncensored version arrives:
– Ayakashi Triangle – Free the TKB! Either that or wait for Temple (a.k.a.: TenPuru -No One Can Live on Loneliness-) for this year. Also another anime production unfortunately affected by the ‘Rona.
God. Why are theres so many premieres on Wednesdays?!
Wednesdays and Saturdays are anime’s favourite days 😛
Well, I knew this would eventually happen. You guys are only covering 1 Anime that I am watching, “Buddy Daddies” which I enjoy the story so far.
A bit like me last season. At least they’re covering 4 of the 20 shows I’m watching this season.
I’m surprised Mou Ippon isn’t being covered. Seeing how closely it resembles Chihayafuru.
woah how do you have enough free time to watch 20 shows a week… guessing you’re not/yet in fulltime employment?
If you skip openings and endings that is less than an hour a day. Not that big of a time investment.
Well, I always check for cold opens and post-credit sequences, but that’s about right. And I watch more at weekends because there are lots of shows I’m watching on Saturday so it’s not so bad in the week.
Down to being a slow season (winter usually is) and our unfortunate lack of free time these days. Zaiden is doing lawyer stuff, Gabi manages a restaurant, and the rest of us have our fun going on. If I didn’t have to work and help out at home I’d certainly be covering more!
Spring is going to be interesting because of this, because there’s a lot of hype-worthy stuff coming down the pipeline.
Damn, noone took TenTen Kakumei. No GL fans in the staff? It is one of the better series this season (my personal favorite from what I am watching).