SHUFFLE! – 23 »« SHUFFLE! – 21

SHUFFLE!   22   13 SHUFFLE!   22   14 SHUFFLE!   22   15
SHUFFLE!   22   16 SHUFFLE!   22   17 SHUFFLE!   22   18
SHUFFLE!   22   19 SHUFFLE!   22   20 SHUFFLE!   22   21
SHUFFLE!   22   22 SHUFFLE!   22   23 SHUFFLE!   22   24
SHUFFLE!   22   25 SHUFFLE!   22   26 SHUFFLE!   22   27
SHUFFLE!   22   28 SHUFFLE!   22   29 SHUFFLE!   22   30

Summary:
Once again, everything has returned to normal. Rin and Asa are now a recognized couple, but that doesn’t stop Sia/Kikyou from continuing to pursue him. The other girls, however, have found their own things to do: Nerine has joined the school’s broadcasting group while Primula is learning to cook under Kaede, who is also helping Rin pack his things to move out. Rin eventually finds a cheap apartment to move into, where Asa kisses him before he even moves in. Finishing up packing back at home, Rin notices that the boat he’s been working on has been finished. Rin thanks Kaede for everything she’s done up until now, and Kaede starts to cry as she reminds Rin of all the things he has to do to take care of himself. As Rin comforts her, Primula, who’s doing the dishes downstairs, smiles.
Then it’s time for a party for Rin! Nerine and Sia bring their self-cooked food – omelet and cookies, respectively. Sia gets mad when her father starts acting rowdy and smacks him. Kikyou then starts to flirt with Rin, but Primula’s powers to pull her away. When Eustoma gets back up, Sia knocks him through the glass door and Primula freezes him over. The next day, when Asa is helping Rin move in, Mayumi, Itsuki, Sia, Nerine, and Primula (the latter two in maid costumes) come to help. Asa ends up at the cafe where Kareha works with Tsubomi (Kareha’s sister). Much to Asa’s surprise, Kareha admits that she likes Rin too, but tells Asa not to worry because the Shin world allows polygamy. At the end of the day, Rin and Asa are walking home together when Asa asks Rin to stop calling her Asa-sempai. He struggles, but manages to start calling her Asa-san. After the two arrive back at the apartment, Rin is about to kiss Asa, but she faints on him.

I heard so many background songs this episode that I haven’t heard in ages – pretty much all of the light-hearted ones including Nerine’s theme (which is one of my favorites). I really need an OST for this series… Anyway, this episode is a lot like what happened after the Primula/Nerine/Lycoris arc back in episode sixteen. Lots of fun and parties with plenty of AsaXRin thrown in; even the episode title screen and the eye-catches were back to the way they were from the first half of the series. All in all, I enjoyed this break episode, transitioning between two very serious and crazy-drama heavy arcs.
But of course the story’s not quite done just yet. Asa has fainted yet again at the end of this episode, so they still have to resolve the problem of her health. There’s no R-15 in the episode, but there was some in the preview. I assume that’s Ama shown, so next week is most likely going to be about Ama and Asa’s past.

Closing Thought: Primula in her neko-maid costume is incredibly cute. But like someone wondered last week, I have no idea how she wags that tail or her ears.

December 15, 2005 at 2:26 pm
  • December 15, 2005 at 2:31 pmXellos-_^

Ep22 ended exactly like I thought it would. The calm before the storm episode.

Ep23 preview – Ama-san finally takes her hat and everything else too.

And what is nadesico sensei mad about?

• December 15, 2005 at 2:32 pmOmni

She’s mad about Rin waving to Asa during class.

• December 15, 2005 at 2:42 pmSyaoran Li

Oh boy.. so we finally reach this stage in Shuffle!

• December 15, 2005 at 2:43 pmCoffee Addict

XD!!! Screenshot #6 is the best! Go Mayumi!

• December 15, 2005 at 2:46 pmCoffee Addict

Oh, I forgot to mention:

OMG!!! Tsubomi!!!

• December 15, 2005 at 3:10 pmSoldierofdarkness

Wow Asa and Rin really are getting intimate.

Nice to see the show calm down a bit.

Points for Mayumi’s punch.

• December 15, 2005 at 3:20 pmZyl

Screenshot #24 – Kareha’s little sister? :3

• December 15, 2005 at 3:23 pmXellos-_^

good call, could be.

I was wondering who she was.

• December 15, 2005 at 3:36 pmOmni

Yes, that’s Tsubomi, Kareha’s little sister (they don’t mention her name though).

• December 15, 2005 at 3:46 pmXellos-_^

Just notice the part where Kareha mention that the God world allows polygamy

wonder if Asa will share with her best friend =D

• December 15, 2005 at 3:47 pmSoldierofdarkness

There is a resemblence.

• December 15, 2005 at 3:48 pmTwilightHack

Haha… more mention of a polygamy.

• December 15, 2005 at 3:53 pmcleanwater

haha nice eps

• December 15, 2005 at 4:04 pmRasmiel

I demand a full BB size poster of Primula in Neko Maid uniform!!

I think I just found something to mention in my own holy bible of cute characters.

*Proceeds to add Primula*

• December 15, 2005 at 4:07 pmJade Maehara

Ah, I knew they’d have to introduce Kareha’s sister at some point. Brings in the link to the PS2 game where she plays quite a big role.

Pimula in Neko – Kawaii desu!

But Ama in next episode… can’t wait for that.

• December 15, 2005 at 4:09 pmSoldierofdarkness

Probably gonna get flamed for this but Primula in that outfit looks alot like Kaiba’s little brother from Yu-gi-oh :D

• December 15, 2005 at 4:11 pmSoldierofdarkness

*Forgot to add*

It’s the hair style I suppose….

• December 15, 2005 at 4:53 pmXellos-_^

Just finish watching the raw.

Nice ep, long funny stuff, very relax.

Mao King got one hell of a uniform fetish, he provide both Nernie’s maid uniforma nd Primula’s Neko uniform. Good to be King =D

Shin King got the most abuse, first form Sia then from Primula. Poor guy ^^;;

Primula seems a ot more relax in using her powers

Sia1 and Sia2 seems to have a lot of fun switching. Wonder if anyone else caught there ares Sias?

Ending is kind of what I expected with Asa collasping again, but done really well.

Asa’s reaction to Kareha was just damn funny

Only bad point was no Ama-san this ep, I guess they are saving it up for ep23.

Preview for 23 has Ama-san showing her stuff so thats good. Ama-san is just so cute.

• December 15, 2005 at 5:07 pmParacelsius

amazingly predictable

• December 15, 2005 at 5:17 pmSearcher

What did you expect, paracelsius! Let’s hope the endstory is a lot less predictable.

Although predictable, i cann’t wait untill it is subbed, seeing nerine and primula in maid costume’s.

After seeing ep21, there was a brief hint (in the classroom) that there might be a tick tack animeserie, i will be so happy if that happens. More nerine and primula (and a lot less of asa or anyone else).

• December 15, 2005 at 5:23 pmKaito

Leave him be, he’s just pissed off because Kaede didn’t get picked.

THis is suppose to be a fun episode which we haven’t had for awhile so it’s nice to take a break. Good to see Sia revert to her evil ways of chil…I mean parental abuse.

• December 15, 2005 at 5:36 pmParacelsius

…It’s “Let him stay” though…..

However i agree with you searcher…the tick tack game was cool, although i’d prefer some ovas to a 2nd season…now I have only a doubt concerning ama-san:

• December 15, 2005 at 5:48 pmKaito

….that’s a first I heard someone use that phrase….

Regarding your spoiler…I don’t think so, Ama was vapourized (So nothing would be left behind to clone off of. Not to mention Nerine’s honesty, she would’ve mentioned it)

• December 15, 2005 at 5:52 pmXellos-_^

The only people who know who Ama-sanis are the Kings and they met her yet in the entire series.

That said I don’t think Ama-san is Primula is mother. While Ama-san is cerntainly old enough, she left the mao world beofre Primula was born/created. And Primula is not older then Asa.

• December 15, 2005 at 6:01 pmEliteF22

But she recognized Primula or recognized what Primula was.

• December 15, 2005 at 6:06 pmEliteF22

Forgot to mention, too bad that they didn’t include Kareha’s story from the PS2 version. I’ve never seen it, so if anyone knows it you don’t mind sharing do you?

• December 15, 2005 at 6:10 pmKaito

Maybe Ama sensed that Primula was another experiment due to the power she sensed.

Just saw the episode…

Is it just me or does Primula just get more and more loveable every episode?

Sia’s twin sister popping in and out is a nice addition.

And Sia’s abuse of her father just reaches new heights with blood pouring….

It was a nice episode overall in terms of it’s position. Everything seemed so perfect. Nerine’s doing other things now and Sia’s just having fun with her twin sister. Primula is learning to be a better cook and is just adorable and shows off her powers, and Kaede is now doing other things with herself. Rin has moved into a new apartment and is on cloud nine with Asa (Her facial expression after Kareha’s statement was priceless). Just when things seem to go right for Rin once BAM! Episode 23.

• December 15, 2005 at 6:54 pmAtashi

Yes! Go Mayumi-chan!! ^_^

Now, as for episode 23, according to WOWOW:

• December 15, 2005 at 6:58 pmMentar

Asa at the cafe with Kareha. Funniest facial expressions of her EVER ^_^

• December 15, 2005 at 6:58 pmevil-samurai

Yea! more Primula! ^^ Cheers! to the best character in thte show :D

Though Asa & Rin -.- I wonder if anything suprizing will happen by the end, not that they are going to break apart but, some type of twist would be nice.

• December 15, 2005 at 7:42 pmgouki

The R-15 shot this episode is in the harem shot. Check out Sia for it.

• December 15, 2005 at 7:57 pmKaito

Yeah…Itsuki has a really sick mind.

• December 15, 2005 at 8:01 pmRiker

Yea Primula is really cute.
    She’s probably my second favourite charactor now.

Yes! I can’t wait for episode 23.
    Viva Ama-san!

p.s.
    Hi to the anime suki forumers.
    Wish the forums could get back up soon. :(

• December 15, 2005 at 8:08 pmevil-samurai

Only second fav Riker ^^ ~ well Rim-chan was quite cute this time.
    Well compared to ep.21, It was a fair bit better this time, But still there are plot holes, it looks to me :/

hehe yea hope the forum are back soon ^^

oh! Ama in the Preview O.O!

• December 15, 2005 at 8:20 pmRiker

“I have no idea how she wags that tail or her ears.”

Considering she can freeze Eustoma at will, moving the ears and tail will be child’s play.

@ evil-samurai:

Ama will always be first. ^^
    p.s. I sent a pm to your minitokyo account.

• December 15, 2005 at 8:25 pmJustinStrife

Whoot! More Asa x Rin moments. :D

Was hoping Kareha would mention about the polygamy thing with Rin and Asa. I remember it in the game. :D

• December 15, 2005 at 9:29 pmGStrike-

Anyone notice Rin is wearing full school uniform? I don’t think i’ve seen him in a full school uniform before… O.o Asa is kawaii. Can’t wait for the Ama-san next episode. ^_^;;

• December 15, 2005 at 11:42 pmbj0rN`-

well~ 4 more episodes to go. So i suppose the next 2 will be some problems again and by the last 2, it’s be resolved. and TADA! SERIES OVER

• December 15, 2005 at 11:44 pmOmni

2 more episodes…SHUFFLE! is 24 total.

• December 16, 2005 at 12:15 amjoe blow

ok guys i am here have no fear…. as i have said in previous coments you guy often hit the nail but miss the point sometimes.

what we know – Rin loves Asa, he has moved out, and is planing to “get with her” (therefore no more Kaide) sorry people thats the way it looks.

what we have assumed – Ama is the first “ärtificial Life”, causing Asa’s sickness.

can’t think of much else if i do i will post it.

• December 16, 2005 at 12:29 amKaito

Ama is NOT the first artifical life. As Nerine said she volunteered.

• December 16, 2005 at 1:21 ammonir

Shuffle quiz for Asa-fans:

How many time Rin refers Asa as “Asa-senpai” in this episode? I’m sure a true Asa-fan won’t need to look at the answer provided in the following spoiler,, XD

• December 16, 2005 at 1:54 amAtashi

GStrike-: Full school uniform? Yes, and no. Rin is wearing the full school uniform…for the cold season, as opposed to his white jacket from the warm season.

• December 16, 2005 at 5:43 amNanami Kamimura

Well, I did notice something. At the early part of the series, Primula’s expressions is almost emotionless, but did you notice (on row 3, right screencap) that her smile was even wider than her abbreviated smile back in Ep7?

(Sorry, because I have only seen Episodes 1 to 11 before I have lost WOWOW.)

• December 16, 2005 at 10:05 amAlgester

i just hope my link will help hehe and thats true ama is acctually one if the people created from yggdrasil project so yeah only the two gods know about her

• December 16, 2005 at 12:26 pmKaito

Nanami Kamimura

She’s been smiling alot ever since Rin and Kaede parted. Adorable isn’t it?

• December 16, 2005 at 12:56 pmXellos-_^

Algester,

about Ama-san

• December 16, 2005 at 4:44 pm*Chi*

Nice nice^^
    But i still wanna know, where the h*** can i get the PC Version of the game?
    Does anybody know a shop which offers it?
    Thanks in advance for answers!

• December 17, 2005 at 2:24 amKaito

I was just rewatching episode 1 and I’m just like, “Wow, that’s how it all started and look at where they are now…who would’ve thought?”

Anyone else have similar thoughts?

• December 17, 2005 at 5:53 am*Chi*

Hmmm, soda
    At the beginning i thought Kaede will be Rin’s girlfriend, but now.
    A little time i also expect Sia, but then i saw that there are still many episodes left and was sure: Not Sia, xD
    Well, in the end, i finally got the game, a japanes friend of mine has it^^
    *waiting for the translation* wahh

• December 17, 2005 at 6:11 pmTabris

“p.s.
    Hi to the anime suki forumers.
    Wish the forums could get back up soon. :( ”

I feel the same mate.

I watched the RAW a couple of hours after it came out, and I liked the episode. Primula as a nekomaid was just the cutest thing ever, if she weren’t a cartoon I would have hugged her to death (or close to).

The series is going as predicted, there won’t be many suprises (if any), but I’m enjoying the ride whilst it lasts.

• December 17, 2005 at 6:19 pmTabris

If anyone hasn’t noticed on the Animesuki main page. They’ve gotten the forum server back, but database restoration is taking longer than expected.

Oh, and since I can’t be arsed in waiting to post this on the forum, I had the strangest dream the other night about Shuffle!

It involved Shuffle! being dubbed, only the animation was slightly different, and the story had to do with the toy cats that Primula owns wanting to take over the earth, with our heroines and Rin preventing them, even though they still looked after the cats (who I guess were kinda alove rather than toys). They also went around in a small car.

• December 17, 2005 at 6:42 pmJustinStrife

I don’t know if that’s a disturbing dream, or something we should mail to Navel and see if they’ll run with it. :D

• December 19, 2005 at 4:30 amnoshi

Well, thank goodness Rin saved face in this episode towards the only woman that could have caused the relationship (short of Asa herself) to falter. Now it comes down to seeing whether Asa (and Rin) accepts her health issues. (unless, god forbid, the animators want to put a twist and have Asa die or have something happen that causes the relationship to not last).

• December 21, 2005 at 3:14 am*Chi*

Wahhh, i hope Asa will live q.q
    Just watched the episode, Primula, merry me *-*
    I am curious if Asa will decide to become a demon. She doesn’t want it, but if not she will die and leave the person she loves. Looking forward to the next episode.

• December 22, 2005 at 12:07 amanimetv

I’d saw a preview of a next episode of this series. It seems like after Asa went to a hospital again, there’s a demon girl walking naked with blood on her head just like she was hit by a stone or something. Then she’d fell down into a grassy place. Is this could be that Asa was transformed from human to a demon?

• December 22, 2005 at 12:12 amanimetv

Sia is the most beautiful female character of this series (2nd is Kaede). Thanks to her lost twin sister, Kikyou, she’d became an indecent person whenever she’d faced to Rin. I wish she should be my girl. :)

• December 22, 2005 at 8:53 am*Chi*

No, the demon girl is Ama Chan, Asa’s mother. Don’t remember? SHE was the first test object when they start to experiment with very stong magical energy.

• January 14, 2007 at 7:12 amRoylanlex

To be honest, I do not likes the first week episode. All most all the graph use the old ones and opening worse than before, wish next episode can be the reall new start.