« Suzuka – 25

Suzuka   26   10 Suzuka   26   11 Suzuka   26   12
Suzuka   26   13 Suzuka   26   14 Suzuka   26   15
Suzuka   26   16 Suzuka   26   17 Suzuka   26   18
Suzuka   26   19 Suzuka   26   20 Suzuka   26   21
Suzuka   26   22 Suzuka   26   23 Suzuka   26   24
Suzuka   26   25 Suzuka   26   26 Suzuka   26   27

Summary:
After Suzuka gets home, she ponders her conflicted feelings and stares at her photo of Kazuki. Yamato, after calling off Miki’s search for her, goes to Suzuka’s door to apologize, but stops himself. The next day, the two see each other as they’re leaving for school, but Suzuka doesn’t say anything to him. Yamato knows that he still has to compete with Kazuki and feels that he won’t lose to him. Miki, who notices that Yamato is running so hard to be number one and for Suzuka, suggests that Suzuka face him. When the two pass each other outside of their apartments later that day, Yamato confronts Suzuka about ignoring him and says that he won’t apologize. Yamato refuses to back down until she faces him, but Suzuka just runs away. The next day, Honoka sees Yamato staring at Suzuka fail to make a jump, so she finds Suzuka after practice and the two walk home together. Honoka, who admits that she’s leaving the manager position, encourages Suzuka to patch things up with Yamato.
Sometime later, Yamato learns from Miho that Suzuka is going back home to visit a grave. He rushes upstairs and tells Suzuka, who is just leaving, to stop visiting Kazuki’s grave. To his surprise, she asks him to come along. At the grave, Suzuka spends a very long time praying, until she finally, speaking to Kazuki, apologizes and says that she’s come with the person she likes. She says that this person is clumsy, irresponsible, meddlesome, and overbearing, but this is the person she really likes. The next day, Megumi and Yuuka find Suzuka outside waiting for Yamato. When they ask her about it, she gets embarrassed and runs off to school. Yamato comes out late and has to chase after her. He takes her hand and, since Suzuka doesn’t pull away, the two hold hands on the way to school.

As I thought, the end of chapter 72 is really the perfect place to end the animated version. Suzuka admits her feelings for Yamato in front of Kazuki’s grave, and the two end the series holding hands together. A very suitable ending for the anime, though many of you who read the manga know the turbulence that’s still in store. But that’s a different story altogether. Anyway, I’m glad that Miki and Honoka both ended up getting parts that allowed them to play important roles in changing Suzuka’s attitude and bringing her and Yamato together.
I think my only critiques of this episode are the “….” screens and the ending shot of Kazuki’s grave. The former just seems unnecessary and the latter places the final focus away from the main couple. Otherwise, I was happy with the changes they made to lengthen two chapters into a full episode, and I enjoyed the overall production value, especially their choice of music. And yes, that means that the animation is actually decent in the final episode.

Final Thoughts: The thing that comes to mind, and this has come up several times in my conversations with Mentar, is that I shouldn’t have read the manga after watching the first episode. It’s a great story, but reading it in the manga killed all of the surprises the series had in store. That’s a big part of why I have been so critical – because I knew what was going to happen and thus rated episodes more on the production aspects, which this show sorely lacks for the most part. So I can understand how some people regard Suzuka so highly, because it really is a good romance story. But for me, it’s just not as good as the manga.

December 28, 2005 at 4:48 pm
  • December 28, 2005 at 5:00 pmcleanwater

the end!!!

• December 28, 2005 at 5:09 pmojan

good i like it

• December 28, 2005 at 5:15 pmWill

the flashback to last episode in the beginning cracks me up when suzuka is crying. all i can hear in my head is ‘cry me a riverrrrrrr~’

ah well, at least the ice queen melted finally.

• December 28, 2005 at 5:54 pmGooble

I wonder what will happen now, will they just end the anime here and just go on with the manga only, or might there be an anime sequel in the future…

• December 28, 2005 at 6:07 pmMentar

Maaaajor deviation from the manga here, with the Miki and Honoka scenes. Ah well, still quite a decent way to wrap it up.

That’s been quite a ride. Let’s end it here ^_^

• December 28, 2005 at 6:51 pmSlyzer

They don’t kiss >.

• December 28, 2005 at 7:09 pmAnza

Meh, just a fair anime overall. It had it’s moments but somehow I just didn’t like it that much.

• December 28, 2005 at 7:51 pmFury

well i guess that holding hands thing will signify the way the manga will end with them being a couple and no interference by the way very good chapter this week in the manga.

• December 28, 2005 at 8:20 pmKiraTakuto

Suzuka doesn’t kiss Yamato again till the latest chapter which is 90.

• December 28, 2005 at 8:33 pmFury

yup exactly ^^

• December 28, 2005 at 8:44 pmDevil Doll

Given the way they used the trailer I smell a sequel, much like Ai Yori Aoshi ~Enishi~. Otherwise they could have hinted at the future development of the characters, most notably for Honoka.

• December 28, 2005 at 9:16 pmSaga

That’s it I’m just going to see the manga even though I can’t read japanese at all >.O

• December 28, 2005 at 9:28 pmCindy

nice flowers in the end.

• December 28, 2005 at 9:30 pmOmni

Saga: Be glad then that the Anime-Source forum people are speed scanlating the entire manga. They’re putting out several chapters a day and are already up to c67.

• December 28, 2005 at 9:54 pmSaga

I just discovered that right now Omni :D
    I haven’t exactly checked out the manga-world for a few days, but I’m certainly surprised at their progress.

On a side note, I noticed that this episode they actually made the characters look normal …as if they had budget for this episode :O!! (not a lot of detail but at least they didn’t make characters look unusual)
    Very enjoyable episode. Onward: to the rest of the finales~~ all the anime i’m watching are ending and I have to pick out new series now, while watching old released anime.. X_x

• December 28, 2005 at 10:11 pmRasmiel

Ahahaha, oh Yamato, you are such a miserable guy XD

Now the only thing I’m waiting is the final Shuffle! episode…So far, no other romance anime ending has beaten Lamune’s in my book. It may be because D.C.S.S. and Suzuka are on the same level. Let’s see if Shuffle! can pull it off :D

• December 28, 2005 at 10:39 pmFury

well we could have done without the marriage thing in DCSS that was very much unneeded and i still say they are too young to get married.

• December 28, 2005 at 10:50 pmthenightsshadow

OMG…you’re still sore about that…

Mataku..

• December 28, 2005 at 10:56 pmFury

lol what can i say i was disappointed thats all.

• December 28, 2005 at 11:07 pmSaga

You know I haven’t even taken a look at the last episode of DCSS, let alone I need to dl the last ep of Lamune too -.-;;; hopefully there’s still enough seeders !

• December 28, 2005 at 11:24 pmSuzuka Lover

=( nooo!!! now i have to go to reading the manga =( no more animation but boohoo~ Suzuka all the way!!

• December 28, 2005 at 11:34 pmSousuke

will there be a season2? i really love this anime very much T_T

• December 28, 2005 at 11:57 pmFury

i doubt there will be a season 2 since the anime ended with end that viewers can agree with and thats suzuka moving on and starting their relationship.

• December 28, 2005 at 11:59 pmDark_Schneider

the ending was actually good, but not complete, and i don´t think there will be an animated sequel, because (Yamato gets Suzuka) = the resolution of the whole plot of this serie, so….finished.
    If not the series name wouldn´t be SUZUKA…the finishing lap T_T( I love my sarcasm )

• December 29, 2005 at 6:30 amOx_Voice

Do you think that we will have an other season of this anime??????

• December 29, 2005 at 7:05 amMentar

Unlikely. The adjustments they made compared to the Manga seem to indicate that this ending is gonna be final. Most notably the official “acceptance” of Honoka in the final episode (in the manga, she also quits being a manager and pursues a career of a photo model to find her place and shine just like Asahina found her place to shine). In other words, while in the anime, she officially gave up, in the manga she did not (not that with a show named “Suzuka” she’d have realistic chances, but still…).

Also, to be honest, ending with chapter72 is the best you can do. Chapters 73-89 were not very exciting, and the better last chapter 90 didn’t rock our world either. Better quit it now. With the conclusion of the dramatic Honoka arc, the story lost alot of tension, and didn’t regain it until now.

• December 29, 2005 at 10:33 amfisherman horizon

yeah. Suzuka ends nicely.

• December 29, 2005 at 11:59 amfisherman horizon

The anime has two scene which wasnt in the manga, Miki and Honoka parts. I agreed with omniscient that the “…” scene was not necessary, silence would be more than enough. And the last screen really kinda spoiled the whole atmosphere.

• December 29, 2005 at 4:29 pmxlitoxaznxgirlx

when is the last eps and eps 25 gonna be sub man i want to watch the ending of the anime cuz i can read the manga cuz they haveing finish translation it yet man i can wait

• December 30, 2005 at 9:06 amAc3Zan

omgg i havnt even seen it n i just saw it =.= god i am a idiot =] [=] A c e z a n W a s H e r e [=]

• December 30, 2005 at 5:32 pmSaga

On an odd note, I thought Yamato could have dressed nicer when going to the gravesite…that SPUNKY CITY shirt kind of made me twitch.

• December 30, 2005 at 7:52 pmDark_Schneider

Saga, I thought the same thing …man ….that is a very bad taste!!!
    about the anime, it´s a shame that this anime has finished because i don´t really like mangas and comics, i do think animated stuff is better and has a more reality sense in it´s universe.I downloaded the suzuka 90 manga , the last one , and i thought ” this scrap sucks like hell…oH I mean this style draw sucks like hell!!” And i do think someone that likes this bad draw never should complaint about the bad animated episodes!So….my final thought is….ANIMATION ROCKS!!!!

• December 31, 2005 at 10:54 amkay

it’s about time the get together >.

• January 2, 2006 at 4:14 amJony jon jon

son of a bitch i havent even seen the last episode cuz 26 came out today and i read this. one thing, does the manga go farther than the episodes, in other words is there more after this in the manga?

• January 2, 2006 at 9:48 pmAssi

episode 26 came out ??? where? link plz :D

Those that have read the manga and seen the anime, was the anime better then the manga? I’ve read what everyone said here but still…. I’ve seen up to episode 25 (I really want to see 26 raw or whatever!) I read the spoilers and think this wasen’t so good way to end, maybe a extra episode to show their future, did Yamato and Suzuka become nr 1 in Japan/World?

• January 4, 2006 at 6:37 pmmulengro

its a good ending. and one of my favourites

could be another series….errrr “HONOKA”?

• January 8, 2006 at 12:09 amblack

this suxs!!!!!!!!!!!

• January 8, 2006 at 10:13 amReactgyuunyuu

I’m curious about the talk of Lamune, I’ve only come across upto episode 6 of the anime (which im enjoying, reminds me of To Heart). Is this being subbed by someone still? Or is it licensed?

• January 8, 2006 at 11:48 pmSP

Surprisingly, there actually WAS a decent ending for this anime, even tho i “hated” it since episode 18 or so. This episode proves again that Yamato is an ass, Suzuka is a bitch (Got a little bit less bitchier at the end) and Honoka is the best character in this anime.

And what kind of a lame setence is “Youre the worst!”? They should have used something classy, like “Shut yer pie hole, dang it” or “omfg yuo sux0rs :::D”

Ill give this anime 7+/10, since it had all the elements to be a 10/10, but yet something was left out (like a good male & female main characters perhaps).

• January 9, 2006 at 11:33 amKlave

good anime…first anime I completely downloaded myself…byebye heart

• January 9, 2006 at 5:53 pmnariza7

hey, im just wondering if anyone can tell me what happens afterwards with Honoka because everyone keeps on saying that theres some sort of development with her. Please use the spoilers option with your answer.

• January 9, 2006 at 10:53 pmagung

dohhh it finished already!!!~~~ dam i wanna see akitsuki beat that amerson dude and bcome number 1 >.

• January 10, 2006 at 8:43 amShokaku

what is that last song playing before the ending song. also, who sung it? i love it so much, someone pls email me the answers. i must know!!! thank you!

• January 10, 2006 at 3:00 pmedward

well… I didn’t read the manga so I can’t really judge the storyline… but I think it’s pretty good… I mean, it’s okay.. but the animation was so crappy… =[ omg, when I looked at Suzuka’s tears, it is so bad.. Well, it’s not like I have the right to complain since I’m only a leecher and i can’t draw.. ahahahahaha.. but I just want to give my opinion..

All in all.. Suzuka rockz! ahahaha…

• January 10, 2006 at 3:33 pmBooyah

The Manga seems alot mroe interesting in the development towards the end. The only problem is that Suzuka kept to the standard 26 anime episode setup, which on my opinion sucks. So a buttload of manga stuff was cut out and rewritten for the anime. =( Suzuka should have gone 30+ episodes. But all is not a loss, the ending was predictable but decent.

• January 15, 2006 at 1:56 amAlejandro

Great Ending, finally she sees him, for what its worth, Im glad Itsuki, never gave up on Suzuka. Suzuka, Always knew, from the begining, she just was too scared to loose another special person, as him. Good Series, love to see more, as, or similar, to.

Alejandro

• January 17, 2006 at 4:56 amDidi

Personal opinion… SUZUKA SUCKS! I have no idea why Yamato chose her. She’s rude, doesn’t know how to respect others and their feelings, and she’s a home-wrecker. Honestly, Honoka and Yamato truly should have been together. The ending sucked!

• June 7, 2006 at 12:06 amNevon

Didi, keep the comments to yourself. Some people enjoyed the ending and if you dislike the character than don’t be so rude to spat it out that suzuka sucks. Because it’s quite one of my favorite anime.

• July 6, 2006 at 1:32 pmDavid Kim

This anime kinda pissed me off being short… i mean not that most animes arent its just that at the end how could they just skip the details of every1 else… and just end it with them 2. wat happens to the track debut and miki honoka etc.

• July 8, 2006 at 8:21 amSuckerz!!!

HA THE ANIME SUCKZ!!!!! like hell….(i mean the ending)

• July 8, 2006 at 10:54 amSuzuka-Fan!

but… where did u guys find the manga? can u pls give me the link?

• July 21, 2006 at 8:16 pmTJ

If I am not mistaken, I think that the manga will be printed in America by Del Rey starting September 2006

• September 13, 2006 at 6:45 pmillusion

needs moar Honoka.. i’m downloading the manga just to get more Honoka. >_

• January 2, 2007 at 4:30 amanime lover

oh my lyf thnkz it was reali good even tho i cant watch it :(

• January 12, 2007 at 4:36 amanime lover

i heard that in the manga that they broke up is dat true?? n if it is true do dae get bak togeda n wat was the cause newae??? hopefulli it wasnt da uda chik

• January 18, 2007 at 12:56 amhitzzzz

will there be videos to follow this series?

• July 2, 2007 at 9:47 amGumS

I don’t like the end, because it was finish too sudden!! [-.-]
    but i prefer suzuka story in manga than anime …
    but it’s will be better if they make the next season [^-^]

• December 21, 2007 at 12:59 amKyon

Indeed the manga is better in each way………..cant say no more plus the manga is more ecchi :D

• April 25, 2009 at 11:37 pmKira

Tha end, already? This anime was so short but really good. Show Spoiler ▼

This can’t be the end… Is there gonna be a season II, named Suzuka Again. I heard there was one in the manga which I haven’t yet read.

• April 25, 2009 at 11:40 pmArayuku

Then read the manga, idiot. BTW, do you have the Death Note, cuz plizz don’t kill meh.

• February 15, 2010 at 8:57 pmnight

Hell, worser than that is only “school days”! To me this anime ended when he hooked up with Honoka! Basta >_<