Nagasarete Airantou – 09
In this episode, Rin shows off her gorgeous rack and her abnormally feminine personality. Naturally, Ikuto sticks his nose into everything and loses more blood.
The episode kicks off with Ikuto walking on Rin, inexplicably naked at the base of a waterfall. Several things are not right about this – first, what’s she doing taking a bath outside, where I’m sure she has a nice house with its own onsen? Second, shouldn’t waterfalls have…cold water? Why the hell is there fog? Third, why is she embarrassed to be walked in on by Ikuto, when the rest of the girls on the island don’t know any better? Fourth, why the hell is there fog?
After his obligatory nosebleed, Ikuto gets non-pervertedly emotional over Rin’s stereotypical “kyaa~” response. Why is Rin the only one who has this reaction? Why is the supposed “dominant male” character the one who acts the most feminine? Enter Mikoto, Rin’s horny younger sister who’s got lesbian incest written not-so-inconspicuously all over her. Having Mikoto, and all the other unknowingly penii-starved girls of the island lust over her brings out her self-consciousness and drags it out to super-sensitive levels; it’s this sort of unique character twist that makes Rin a rather special character.
But no, that’s probably only about 5% of her appeal. The other 95% fall somewhere between an F and G cup.
As per Rin’s invite, Ikuto and Suzu head over to the Rin family grounds to help build a house. Of course, it’s not like the strongest family on the island really needs help cutting down trees for wood, but rather needs help building their family tree with Ikuto’s wood. At this point I’d like to point out that Rin’s mom (Risa) is a flaming hottie. Makes me wonder what Ayane and Machi’s mom is like. Tough choices, Ikuto… it’s a good thing the only girl on the island who would object to polygamy is Suzu. More on this later.
So things start out pretty well, and Ikuto and Rin are getting along quite nicely. This doesn’t sit too well with Mikoto, and she storms over to Suzu to try to get her blood boiling a bit too. She goes on a tirade about how Suzu should claim what’s hers and pollutes her mind with stuff like “love.” But Ikuto loves everybody! No you stupid biotch, not that kind of love. THAT kind of love. Right about now I make up my mind that Suzu’s appeal is wearing off, soon to be replaced by a kunoichi reincarnation of Tamama and his “ano onnaaaaa” jealously shot.
After several incidents of blushed clumsiness with Rin, she runs off to cool herself down at the river, leaving Ikuto to fend for himself against Mikoto’s comically unsubtle sneak attacks. She challenges him to a battle of who can build the fastest – leading to a hilarious montage of higurashi emo facial distortions (thanks Jason) and seed-mode architectural abilities. In no more than 90 seconds of elapsed video time, the foundation, frame, plastering, roofing, and even the paper doors go up.
Picnic time! Rin’s mom keeps bantering Ikuto to get married as Suzu looks on with those earnestly discontent eyes of hers. Oh Suzu.
I gotta say, this was a pretty good episode, just cuz it was so crazy. Mikoto is one of those completely one-dimensional support characters, but that one dimesion is so insanely awesome that it totally vaults her to the top of my list. Suzu, meanwhile, well… I had fun watching her antics in the first few episodes, but she’s way too predictable by now and it’s starting to get boring. Can anything salvage her now?
Better question – where’s Kobe gonna be playing next season? Go Warriors!