Da Capo II SS – 01 »« Da Capo II – 12

Da Capo II   13   16 Da Capo II   13   17 Da Capo II   13   18
Da Capo II   13   19 Da Capo II   13   20 Da Capo II   13   21
Da Capo II   13   22 Da Capo II   13   23 Da Capo II   13   24
Da Capo II   13   25 Da Capo II   13   26 Da Capo II   13   27
Da Capo II   13   28 Da Capo II   13   29 Da Capo II   13   30
Da Capo II   13   31 Da Capo II   13   32 Da Capo II   13   33

Summary:

Having never found Sakura, Yoshiyuki goes to school the next day and sees all the students gathered outside because they’re boycotting class. When the announcement had been made about Minatsu’s expulsion, Maya had gone to the faculty room to protest the decision. Many students went with her, but it was to no avail, so the students didn’t return to their classrooms. With this going on, Minatsu now finds Yoshiyuki and confirms with him that everyone is doing this for her sake. She’s happy about this, but she knows that this’ll just cause trouble for everyone and that they can’t overturn the expulsion decision. Minatsu doesn’t want everyone to destroy their future for something that’s futile, and so she asks Yoshiyuki what to do to get everyone to stop. Yoshiyuki suggests that she just convey her feelings to everyone, and they’ll respond. To do that, he has Suginami and Nanaka help her work the PA system in the broadcast room.

Once she has everyone’s attention, Minatsu first expresses how happy she is and thanks the students for what they’re doing. She then explains how she feels the decision can’t be overturned, but this just leads to all the students chanting her name in support of her. After quieting them, Minatsu says that she doesn’t want everyone to get into trouble for her. She was happy for the school life she was able to lead with everyone, and she really only wants three more days to enjoy at school. Minatsu would leave this school satisfied if she could do that. Hearing this, all the students beg the teachers to let Minatsu do this, and they eventually approve. The next day, Minatsu does all the normal things she’s always done, such as eat lunch with everyone. That afternoon though, Koko asks Nanaka if it’s really okay to leave things like this since she thinks that Yoshiyuki doesn’t intend to do anything more for Minatsu. Koko still wants to do something, but she worries what Yoshiyuki will think, so Nanaka reminds her that she broke up with him. Nanaka feels that it’s Koko’s turn to be honest with what she wants to do for Minatsu and how she wants to face Yoshiyuki.

At the end of the second day, Yoshiyuki returns home to find Sakura back from what was apparently a sudden business trip. In talking to Sakura, Yoshiyuki admits that he wants to do something for Minatsu, but she doesn’t personally want that because she prioritizes everyone over herself, and Yoshiyuki wants to respect those feelings. The following day is the third and final one, and after it’s over, Minatsu meets with Yoshiyuki on the school’s rooftop. There, she formally thanks him because she knows all the trouble she put him through, and she wonders what she would have done without him. Thinking about all the friends she made, she asks Yoshiyuki if she was able to become the bridge between humans and robots, but instead of answering, he emphasizes what she thinks. In response, Minatsu takes out her notebook on world domination and tears it up, letting the pieces scatter in the wind. She now feels that her wish was fulfilled.

Yoshiyuki then gets a phone call from Koko asking him to come to the gymnasium with Minatsu. To their surprise, they find that the entire student body has gathered inside the gymnasium for a graduation ceremony for Minatsu. As it turns out, Koko was behind all this, and even Sakura is there to award Minatsu her diploma. As everyone is applauding and cheering for Minatsu, Yoshiyuki gets a message from Koko telling him to hurry backstage. In celebration of Minatsu’s graduation, their band is putting on a concert, and Koko hands Yoshiyuki his guitar. As she watches the subsequent performance, Minatsu can’t hold back the tears any longer, and she’s thankful to everyone.

Okay, I was hoping they’d do something more with Koko and Yoshiyuki, but I guess not – this episode was pretty much all about Minatsu, even the Koko parts. It wasn’t bad (the graduation scene was even a little touching), but if you were expecting anything other than Minatsu, you might have been disappointed. And while it makes sense that Yoshiyuki doesn’t end up with anyone if he’s going to pursue a different path in the future, it makes me feel that parts of this season were kind of wasted. There really wasn’t any particularly deep story regarding Koko and Yoshiyuki’s relationship, and I would have much preferred them to have used the time to explore another girls’ path. Knowing that there’ll eventually be another season makes it more acceptable, but if I just look at these 13 episodes on their own merits, I don’t think it was worth the time invested. I probably shouldn’t even put “END” in the title since I’m not going to write final thoughts until I see the rest of it (and yes, I will most likely watch any future seasons), but until then, this is the end.

Update: Well that was quick: Second Season was just announced for Spring 2008.

December 24, 2007 at 3:28 pm
  • December 24, 2007 at 3:33 pmtakamachi

so….which girl does he get?

• December 24, 2007 at 3:35 pmGamerWolf

Minatsu FTW!!!

• December 24, 2007 at 3:41 pmGStrike-

Minatsu FTW!!!!!

• December 24, 2007 at 3:49 pmSensei-kun

ahaa, so Da Capo will never be an awesome show, just a good show _[=]_O

• December 24, 2007 at 3:50 pmAL

Well guess now he’s single again, he’s pretty much open for the next season, if there is going to be one.

• December 24, 2007 at 4:11 pmrelentlessflame

so….which girl does he get?

None in this part. Save some of that for the sequel! :p

• December 24, 2007 at 4:17 pmfoot

It’s going to be Nanaka next season I know it is!

• December 24, 2007 at 4:31 pmdsong

Nanaka will put up a greater challenge in the next part but I think it will be Otome FTW.

• December 24, 2007 at 4:33 pmSyaoran Li

Well, I don’t mind either of them, but I’m glad it isn’t Kokoro.

• December 24, 2007 at 5:02 pmGenestarwind

Sucks where’s Junichi from previous season!!! Arrggg they listed the cast so it thought it he would appear, darn it!!!

• December 24, 2007 at 5:16 pmAizen

Wow, no romance between Otome and Yoshiyuki? Da Capo sure changed :|

• December 24, 2007 at 5:39 pmHugo

A whole season focussed on a stupid robot story. I had my hopes up for something good to happen in the end but I guess it never did. I won’t be wasting my time on the second season uless they pull out something realy good. A second season with no robot girl would be great :)

• December 24, 2007 at 6:40 pmpadfoot135

i suppose u can say this Da Capo II totally tarnish the name of Da Capo series -.-”… everything is a shit…

• December 24, 2007 at 6:56 pmAnonK

A series that was never good cannot be further tarnished.
    Now if the second season has more Nanaka maybe I’ll watch.

• December 24, 2007 at 7:15 pmFlameStrike

Ugh atleast with this Koko and stupid robot are out of the way. I’m hopeing for a Nanaka ending next season, but if they go Otome then I’ll be happy too.

• December 24, 2007 at 7:20 pmlenalee lee

c’mon i want otomexyoshiyuki…
    *waiting for S.S.*

• December 24, 2007 at 7:35 pmWererat42

I should have known… you can’t have a Da Capo unless the guy #&@*s his sister. Girls with the last name Shirakawa don’t exactly have a good track record in these anime.

• December 24, 2007 at 9:10 pmKiri

Wewww, what’s wrong with the ending…??? it’s really need next season like first Da capo…i hope the second season of this will be better and YohiyukixNanaka or yume or otome will be good^^

• December 24, 2007 at 9:58 pmgolthin

well, this show is a disappointment compared to the previous two seasons. This is a perfect example of how not to end a franchise. Decapo it is, more like Decrapo! I am a big fan of the franchise and the first two season are one of my favorite series, but this season just broke my heart!

• December 24, 2007 at 10:16 pmRembr

I was heartily pleased that Bamboo Blade hasn’t ended.

• December 24, 2007 at 11:17 pmsolgae

Is it finally over?? Thank god.

While I did not expect it to slip into Minatsu arc at the end, we already have To Heart series for robot-with-feelings story.

Really, this series is just screaming for a sequel. Otherwise, it would have been one big waste of everyone’s time and money for creating and watching this POC.

• December 24, 2007 at 11:17 pmandynai

what the heck was that? it was the most terrible ending to a first season. BOO!

Minatsu should’ve gotten blown up or violently raped. har har!

• December 25, 2007 at 12:23 amRembr

Did anyone see the Prism Arc finale? I haven’t seen DC2 myself, so tell me, how did they compare in horrendity(?)

• December 25, 2007 at 1:08 amboop

sounds like a waste… you should be keeping up on minami-ke instead

• December 25, 2007 at 3:17 amraimaru2880

So there wasn’t any relationship development at all? geez… I was actually hoping for a Yoshiyuki-Nanaka thing though… But anyhow, nice episode. I won’t say it’s stupendous. Just above average.

• December 25, 2007 at 4:58 ammaglor

This was one of the worst anime series of the year, BUT NANAKA RULES!!!!
    They better start the second season with Nanaka route or somebody might burn down the studio.

• December 25, 2007 at 6:14 amrelentlessflame

It sounds to me like they’d better check on their insurance, in that case. This will sound like blasphemy to you, but I think they have a better and even more important story to tell in the second season. We’ll see, though…

• December 25, 2007 at 1:43 pmCooKie

On checking the link, It appears D.C.II S.S. (talk about redundant lol) will be another 1 cour (12 or 13 eps)offering… If this will be the last season chances are somebody WILL get shafted, we’ll just have to wait and see….

In any event, I think it’s safe to say in terms of playing any game, we’ve got the tedious part/s out of the way; and judging from the end of this one, Relentless you’re right, it will be one continous story. :)

• December 25, 2007 at 4:44 pmForte

So it end with Amakase, wtf? Da Capo is the anime series which maltreat the Shirakawa out of limit! Darn it! If the 2nd season has no-Shirakawa happy ending, I will RIOT!

• December 25, 2007 at 9:10 pmabao

Die Minatsu!

• December 25, 2007 at 9:10 pmsolgae

@Forte: Then, sir, prepare to riot. Because unless the Asakura sisters are out of the picture, I seriously doubt there’s any chance for Shirakawa at all, and she’s too nice to create a School-Days-like drama.

• December 26, 2007 at 3:27 amTensho

Uhg, I had such high hope for this show and I thought they would get to the part where the magic sakura tree cause trouble and the sister must make a choice to either save the island or saving Yoshiyuki, but all had gone to waste. What worse is that YoshixKoko stuff. It definitely annoyed the hell out of me, and Yoshiyuki didn’t seriously know whether he likes Koko or not. Disappointed =(.

• December 26, 2007 at 7:46 pmTony G

i need a link for the subs man common

• December 27, 2007 at 1:03 amsniperz

• December 27, 2007 at 1:10 amkirito

“Da capo isn’t focus on nanaka = shit”

but I think in the same way

“Who think like this = shit too”

• December 27, 2007 at 4:39 amHoho..

weee..
    Da Capo II season two..
    i hope the second season will be more interesting..
    Da Capo II sucks like hell..

• January 12, 2008 at 2:13 pmGaludirith

Sometimes I think they get us to keep watching in hopes that they will actually make a better show the next season. Don’t get me wrong, I actually liked the first two seasons, but I have to agree with alot of other people that it kinda feels like a waste watching this season. Honestly if they were already planning the next season they should’ve just made this 26 episodes and this just been an arc. I suppose I’ll be watching in the spring too *cries*

• January 26, 2008 at 11:17 pmNemu-NemuChan

C’mon you guys, it wasn’t THEE worst anime series, but i have to agree, they did do pretty bad, i mean no couple? THATS INSANE! (especially if its a Da Capo series, its just not right) I liked Koko to all the Koko-haters out there, shes nice ok! But i wouldn’t mind actually i would like it if Nanaka, Otome, or Yume got Yoshiyuki instead but i wouldn’t hate it if he chose Koko, They’re cute together for crying out loud! But honestly they better have problems with the tree like in the other two seasons or ill be sad that whole spring, MAYBE ALL YEAR, IT BETTER BE GOOD PLZ I BEG OF YOU!!!!! DX