CODE GEASS R2 – 03 »« CODE GEASS R2 – 02

CODE GEASS R2 – The Episode 03 Leak

CODE GEASS R2   03 Leak   01 CODE GEASS R2   03 Leak   02 CODE GEASS R2   03 Leak   03

In an odd twist today, the final six minutes of the third episode of CODE GEASS R2 were leaked a few hours ago.

According to a 2ch post, one of the staff members was arrested, and episode three may not air this weekend (to be decided tomorrow). Supposedly the alternatives are to air either a shortened version of the episode four or nothing at all this weekend while they remake episode three. That’s very disturbing news to say the least, but I can understand why they might feel inclined to do that since the leaked part does have some huge spoilers for the entire episode. And given that they’re thinking about remaking some of it, it’s not even clear if the leaked part is canon anymore. In any case, an official announcement will probably come in the next 24 hours, and I’ll be sure to update this post.

Update 4/16/2008: According to an announcement on the official site, the leak occurred when someone at Bandai Channel accidentally uploaded it while in the process of implementing a system to prevent unauthorized postings. The production committee apologizes for this, and episode three will air as scheduled this Sunday. While this all still strikes me as sounding a little suspicious, I’m happy that things got worked out and that there won’t be any delays, and I’m looking forward to seeing the rest of the episode.

April 15, 2008 at 1:24 pm
  • April 15, 2008 at 9:45 pmKaioshin Sama

@Avexmode: Here we go, it’s lets bitch at Sunrise time in full order. Wait….aren’t you one of those guys that hangs around Jason Miao’s blog? why am I not surprised your hear to carry his torch. Stop spreading this disinformation and hate and wait for an offical announcement.

You people that follow Jason, I swear, you only bash Sunrise because they create popular anime and you can’t stand that their shows are well received by people when whatever your favourites are are not as much, so you try to drag everything they do down. I’m sick of it. Every studio is concerned with money, it’s the life blood of the industry, but for some reason only Sunrise gets treated like satan for it. Bloody hypocrites and trolls.

Read my lips. NO ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN MADE! NOTHING IS CHANGED AS OF YET OR LIKELY AT ALL! STOP LYING AND TROLLING!

• April 15, 2008 at 9:47 pmhime

*shocked* I’m just realized the gravity of the incident. It is TAT SERIOUS.

• April 15, 2008 at 10:05 pmkamui

stop it yaoishin, why you always bring flame wherever you go, people are entitled to their own opinion, if you dont like it you could go to H……

we know no announcement has been made, dont need to point out the obvious, k

we all love sunrise shows, or else we won’t bother at all seeing this series….

• April 15, 2008 at 10:12 pmSomy

omg no don’t show us a recap episode already, Sunrise!

• April 15, 2008 at 10:16 pmKaioshin Sama

@Kamui: I don’t bring flames with me wherever I go, it’s just that in this case people are being ridiculous about this whole incident. There’s opinion based on rational thought, which is good and then there’s opinion based on pure speculation and sketchy information, and that doesn’t help anyone including oneself. People don’t seem to get this, that there are poorly conceived opinions based on ignorance that deserve to be questioned and subject to scrutiny. Sometimes it can be harsh the things I say, but if nobody says anything then disinformation can be spread and that also helps nobody and can be harmful. And considering some peoples opinions are driven by a desire to troll the series, I feel entitled to suggest knocking it off, at least the trolling part, and waiting for cold hard facts to emerge.

By all means people can flame all they want if the episode indeed doesn’t air and they won’t hear boo from me, but until then it’s not fair to start making snide remarks about the series and it’s creators until everything is set in stone. Innocent until proven guilty of playing fast and loose with the fans schedules and anticipation, that’s all I call for.

• April 15, 2008 at 10:24 pmkamui

leave those trolls alone, you don’t need to bother to descend to be in the same level as them.

I just love geass , that’s all, some people doesn’t. why I need to force my feeling to them, it’s just quite an impossible task to do.

Like I also hate how crusader always bash gundam 00 and geass, but there’s nothing we can do to change his point of view, so all I can do is just sit here and enjoy the show, why do I have to care what ppl think about my fav show as long as I enjoy it.
    There’s a lot of problem in my life already, which should require my attention, rather than doing those …

• April 15, 2008 at 10:34 pmRofl?

WTF….Damn wtf with wrong with that faggot…doesnt he know that CG;LotR2 is serious business oman thats soo gay

• April 15, 2008 at 10:39 pmLittleNK

Oh no, I had hoped that Rollo would be on Lulu’s side. How can he win when Britannia have the king, Suzaku and the knights of the Round?! All Lulu has is Karen…and Toudo.

• April 15, 2008 at 10:57 pmasdfwc

what the fuck i wanna kill myselkf now =(

• April 15, 2008 at 11:26 pmPYROtechnic

Honestly, Code Geass is good but it’s not THAT good. All those people commenting on how Code Geass is their life force need to get a life =/.
    And I’m surprised Sunrise is taking it so far. As long as no-one goes and looks for the spoiler (me included) it won’t affect anybody. And anybody that does go and look for it know full well that they are spoiling themselves – and that’s their choice.

• April 15, 2008 at 11:46 pmKaioshin Sama

@PYROtechnic: Except it’s not them taking it far, it’s the fans. They haven’t said or done anything yet. Why has this not yet set in?

• April 15, 2008 at 11:52 pmAnna

shirley x lelouch foreverrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

• April 16, 2008 at 12:18 amleo

OMG CMOM IWANT LOOKING CODE GEASS T.T

• April 16, 2008 at 12:53 amlialiakicks

All I know is that I will be PISSED if hobo!Lulu isn’t canon anymore. >:EEEEEE

• April 16, 2008 at 1:07 ammaki

…stupid staff member!!!!….it’s just like spoiling Harry Potter!!!! (throws an angry tantrum)

• April 16, 2008 at 1:08 amGod~knows~

Its amazing what anime can drive a person to do.Or was he just psycotic to begin with?Gosh now my entire week is screwed knowing that I might not get my fix next week.

• April 16, 2008 at 1:27 amSenefen

To remake it seems stupid, like nothing’s been leaked before >_>

• April 16, 2008 at 1:35 amC.CxLulu

i vote for the remake of last 6 minutes that was spoiled…. pecause of it we now know a lot of thing about char’s… rollo’s geass is time-stop , lelouch can turn of his geass , his classmates suspect him being zero and spying or him or they just watching him on a date :P , Li Xingke will be against zero ,

• April 16, 2008 at 1:37 amFirst Paladin H

Well, let’s hope for the best: that they air episodes 3 and 4 this Sunday. However, that is my own wishful thinking.

• April 16, 2008 at 2:09 amCokematic

@Kaioshin – Way to steryotype. Stop your flaming already.

Anyways this whole thing has been blown waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy out of proportion. its 6 minuets OF THE THIRD EPISODE for fruit’s sake. So we found out bits of information 5 days in advance. Big deal! Its not like the final 6 minutes of CGR2 was leaked.

Sure this causes secuirty issues or something at Sunrise, but IMO they should just continue to air the show.

• April 16, 2008 at 2:13 amTyper

OMG DONT CHANGEEEEE =(

Arrested! Wow, that guy’s career down the drain? I hope CGR2 is on this week =(

• April 16, 2008 at 2:55 amexpected

first time that I’ve heard of this O_O

• April 16, 2008 at 3:03 amStiFF

After reading couple of post I felt like, I was in 4chan… weird…

Besides it’s just 6 minutes minus 2 minutes for ED, you get 4 minutes out of the whole damn 20 minutes for the show. Nothing to fuss over if you ask me. Still got 16 minutes to enjoy myself.

I don’t think they will modify or cancel their moneymaker just because some bastard leaked the %20 of the episode.

• April 16, 2008 at 3:11 amKaioshin Sama

@Cokematic: You realize your making the exact same point I’ve been trying to make this whole time right? And where have I stereotyped anyone or anything? I’m just stating the obvious, same as you. Anyway, whatever, nobody ever seems to comprehend what I try to say anyway, so who cares. You made the point I was trying to make, that’s good enough for me.

• April 16, 2008 at 4:30 amMaikeru

I doubt they’re gonna drop the whole episode because of this, I don’t know how long it take to animate but I don’t think they can do it in a week, plus rewriting this episode is gonna effect later episodes. At worst they may just reanimate what was leaked.
    And since when was 2chan a reliable source of information?

@Kaioshin: You’re talking sense here buddy

• April 16, 2008 at 4:47 amTrollop

You’re not going to get arrested for something like this, if anything you could be sued like the guy who leaked the shitty new Dimmu Borgir album.

• April 16, 2008 at 5:14 amSPINweel

when is a favour not a favor?

• April 16, 2008 at 5:54 amSinisterroo

I’m so pissed that this happened, and I hope that they decide not to remake it ;_;.

• April 16, 2008 at 7:23 amKagekyuubi

Could just be a promotional scheme. Leaks of the last episodes of Gundam 00 came from a sunrise staff member weeks before the final episode. If it isn’t a promotional thing then it could be a way for them to rewrite a mistake they made in the story or the guy who leaked out the gundam 00 spoilers went overboard.

• April 16, 2008 at 7:44 amjoy

that is just stooopid… i dont understand what is in japanese heads… i live in oita for 3 years now, i still dont know whats in their heads… just air the episode nevertheless,,

the leak will become useless after the episode aired rite…

• April 16, 2008 at 7:51 am>_>

Well, maybe we’ll get a nice boat instead then. XD

• April 16, 2008 at 8:16 amEleven

2008年4月15日17時頃、インターネット上の動画投稿サイトに、放送前の「コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュR2」 第3話の映像の一部が、漏出するトラブルが発生しました。
    調査の結果、本番組のインターネット配信を担当するバンダイチャンネルが、不正投稿を防止する作業の過程でシステムの操作を誤り、当該映像をインターネット上にアップロードさせてしまったことが判明しました。

放送を楽しみにお待ちいただいた方には、ご心配、ご迷惑をおかけいたしまして大変申し訳ありません。今後、二度とこのようなことが無いよう十分に注意して作業を進めてまいります。
    第3話は、予定通り4月20日(日)17時に放送を行いますので、今しばらくお待ちください。
    これからも「コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュR2」の応援をよろしくお願いいたします。

コードギアス製作委員会

• April 16, 2008 at 8:22 amnothingknow

can someone translate plz

• April 16, 2008 at 8:25 amzeo

your kidding me, what they should do is air 3 like normal if possible, if not air four then 3, after all, most geass fan have already seen the spoilers, so might as well see how and why rolo won’t shoot lelouch (zero).

• April 16, 2008 at 8:27 amtrk

hey to all: try to watch the leaked video then pause it on 2: 39.
    You can see on the finger of Lelouch contact lenses when he “activates” his geass.

• April 16, 2008 at 8:34 amstrites

We apologize blabla, the error was of Bandai Channel who uploaded the videos blabla, we are going to continue the transmissions as nothing happened. Episode 3 will be broadcasted as expected, 20/4 at 17:00.

• April 16, 2008 at 8:57 amnothingknow

or in other words – marketing gag? rofl – thought for a moment the hell is going on.

• April 16, 2008 at 9:02 amLlednar Twem

Kaioshin Sama, you have quite a short temper. Go take a chill pill and a cup of STFU then come back without this attitude.

• April 16, 2008 at 9:20 amstrawberryheaven

I ageed with Typer. =(

• April 16, 2008 at 9:48 amCamario

Seems that they’ve made an official announcement then. Good.

• April 16, 2008 at 9:49 amKGFJ

@ Strites, is that reakky true? Please say YESS!!!!

• April 16, 2008 at 9:52 amJames

I don’t know how this is any different than if 15 minutes of LOST were leaked. Just RUN THE DAMN EPISODE.

• April 16, 2008 at 9:54 amJames

I don’t know how this is any different than if 15 minutes of LOST were leaked. JUST RUN THE DAMN EPISODE.

• April 16, 2008 at 10:04 amFlandre

April 15th, 2008, 5 PM, a part of the unaired Code Geass Rebellion of Lelouch R2′s Episode 3 were leaked and caused trouble at some video hosting site on the Internet. As the result of our investigation, it is confirmed that the staffs who were responsible for the Internet distribution have systematically uploaded the video by mistake when they were actually trying to prevent online distribution. For the ones who are anticipating the airing, please relax, we apologize for the inconvenience. We will be careful to not repeat the same mistakes in the future. Episode 3 will air as scheduled on April 20th 5 PM. Please wait for the moment. Please support Code Geass Rebellion of Lelouch R2 from now too.

• April 16, 2008 at 10:13 amSora no Kaze

O well, good thing its not going to be remade. Although, I guess the problem was since the episode was leaked, it loses impact as a whole episode. Anyways, I say thanks for the the post Eleven. Now we can rest in peace that we didn’t lose a good Code Geass R2 episode.

@Maikeru – Good point, it would probably take them 3 to 4 days straight unless they hired extra artists. And to rework voice acting plus to keep in context with the preview and a single change in one episodes may not transition right with the episodes already made. Meh, why the hell were we worrying anyways :P

@Kaioshin – if you didn’t notice, a lot of our blog population are narrow minded idiots. Just state your point and move on. You already proved your point with the annoucnement Eleven posted. They’re bound to not look at comments already made and spout there nonsense.

• April 16, 2008 at 10:14 ammysterious

so this is the information from the official site? if it is so, then too bad for those that spend all their passions in bashing, complainning, and insulting SUNRISE even before it has a chance to clear things up.
    GOOD luck guys, who know there maybe someone from 2chan or what ever UNOFFICIAL sources posts something like”this anime season is cancle due to blalala reasons”

• April 16, 2008 at 10:15 amSora no Kaze

O and thanks for the full translation Flandre and strites.

• April 16, 2008 at 10:26 amOrphen

LMAO the staff/s who accidentally “leaked” ep 3 must have shit in his/her/there pants when he/she/they learned of what he/she/they did if the update is authentic ^___^;;;;;

• April 16, 2008 at 10:54 amnai

zzz Publicity

• April 16, 2008 at 11:10 amJonathan

I don’t see why they’re making a big fuss out of this anyway. For Tv shows like Stargate Atlantis, spoilers are released all the time. They should just air the episode and let the guy of with a warning, cut his wages :D.

• April 16, 2008 at 11:18 amkirinfang

Hey Omni, the official Geass R2 website just updated; episode 3 will air just as planned this Sunday. False alarm everyone =)

• April 16, 2008 at 11:19 amkirinfang

*reads above* Oh nevermind, slowpoke.jpg; sorry for the double post!

• April 16, 2008 at 11:32 amTakeshi1789

News from Anime News Network.
    “The official Japanese website for the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 anime series has announced that human error caused Tuesday’s online leak of the fourth and final part of episode 3, which will not officially air until this Sunday in Japan. The leak of the last five minutes and 51 seconds occurred around 5:00 p.m. JST on various Internet video-sharing websites. According to the Code Geass Production Committee’s investigation, Bandai Channel (the network service responsible for posting the entire program onto the Internet) was testing a system that prevents unauthorized posts of video when it accidentally uploaded the video onto the Internet early.

The production committee apologized to those who have been waiting to enjoy the official broadcast and promised to take steps to avoid having this happen a second time. The third episode will air on Sunday, April 20 at 5:00 p.m. JST as scheduled.

Thank you to dormcat for the news tip.”
    I wonder if that’s true…I hope so. So just human error huh? I guess so long as we get these next few episodes uninterrupted and unchanged it’s fine.

• April 16, 2008 at 11:33 amTakeshi1789

Well looks like I was a bit late. Sorry everyone, disregard my post.

• April 16, 2008 at 11:47 amededdeddy

Look like Bandai Channel made human error. So the ended part of Turn 3 remain unchange.

• April 16, 2008 at 12:13 pmLulu FTW!

And if you want the link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-04-16/unaired-code-geass-episode-ending-leaked-by-accident

Thank goodness that it’s going to be aired as normal. :D

• April 16, 2008 at 12:49 pmUnknownVoice

[QUOTE]According to ANN, the leaked part of R2 episode 3 was due to an error on Bandai’s part. The episode will air on Sunday just as it was going to in the first place.[/QUOTE]

IT seems that the arrest was a bull too.

Well Sunrise now can go “JUST AS PLANNED”

• April 16, 2008 at 1:17 pmFumika

Why is it such a big deal that an episode of anime got leaked anyway? People are still going to watch episode 3, the dvd sales for ep 3 will still continue..

Can someone explain this to me, I seem to be missing something.

• April 16, 2008 at 1:49 pmneko

woot cant wait for sunday,good thing i din’t get spoiled!

• April 16, 2008 at 1:58 pmKaioshin Sama

See I told people to wait before flaming Sunrise for “changing the episode”. Heck it was Bandai’s fault all along so the sponsors themselves are to blame. They’ve apologized for the error though so I’m just going to laugh it off and cut them some slack. Obviously their system didn’t work when they tried to test it so hubris got the best of them, as it does of any man at times.

• April 16, 2008 at 2:26 pmplaya

i still wonder why did this “system error” leaked only the ending of episode 3 ?? do they usualy start upload with the ending part of episode ?? why not 6 minutes from middle of episode or the beggining ?
    ending must be the last part that is uploaded to the first

• April 16, 2008 at 2:33 pmAnna

Playa – they probably have the episode split up into multiple files that correspond to each segments of the episode that play between commercials. The final six minutes was probably one file that got uploaded.

• April 16, 2008 at 3:12 pmkendappa

here is the video with the spoilers XD

• April 16, 2008 at 3:17 pmanon234

I can’t believe you guys were thrown into an uproar by a 2chan post. That board is notorious for trolling people; I bet the poster is laughing hysterically at the flame wars he/she started. If anyone seriously believed the whole arrest thing after learning where the source of that info came from, then I feel sorry for your gullibility.

• April 16, 2008 at 4:41 pmSomeone

Yes no delay :]

• April 16, 2008 at 4:48 pmX20A-EXIA

Thank God I was going crazy thinking it might get delay

• April 16, 2008 at 5:01 pmJoeDX

whew Thank God this has been resolved.

• April 16, 2008 at 5:18 pmWingZero zxt

HELL YEH!!!!!!

• April 16, 2008 at 5:54 pmKranz

Man even though there was a leak i dont think its such a huge problem. I mean will it effect the next 20 episode no of course not so who cares? We already know he can teleport.
    We already know the guy with the sword had doubts lmfao. The leak wasnt that bad it just made us eager to know period.

• April 16, 2008 at 6:13 pmSelenite

Lawl, 2channers strike again :O?

• April 16, 2008 at 8:15 pmSuper

Lol, publicity stunt. Sure got people craving ep3

• April 16, 2008 at 8:50 pmLandaren

Not like we weren’t anyway. Honestly they don’t need publicity and the idea that they would leak the last 6 1/2 mins. of an episode as a publicity stunt is ridiculous.

• April 16, 2008 at 8:53 pmSanjana

Cool ^^ Thank you Omni for this good news !! ;)

• April 16, 2008 at 9:40 pmRofl?

OMG whew thats great cuz i dont wanna wait another 2 weeks after that whole year

• April 16, 2008 at 10:54 pmKalecgos

Alright! Looking forward for the rest of the episode!

• April 17, 2008 at 3:28 ammutio

“While this all still strikes me as sounding a little suspicious”
    Haha, that was a fu**in merchandise action, nothing more. As if they need that..

• April 17, 2008 at 3:38 amSora no Kaze

More like an assurance to see how big their Code Geass R2 population is -_-.

• April 17, 2008 at 3:43 amcy-kun

this is frickin brilliant!!! i mean the spoilers has got me wanting to see more…whoops I didn’t mean to watch it!!! promise!!!…so was GaoHai geassed?? and why was kAllen back to the brown-pink uniform??? where was the bunny costume??? she should have asked the goddess C.C. for advice!!!!!!!!!! cough… fetish….cough… yet this show still rocks my world…. Nippon Banzai!!!!!!!

• April 17, 2008 at 11:31 amgeass

It is very stuped to remake an episode because of something like that, so i doubt they will. They should realize that 95% of the people didnt watch it because it would ruin the entire episode when it came out. Also they should know that the sooner it is release, the less temptation the fans will be expose to. I would not like them changing the last six minutes of the episode, and they should realize that fans dont appreciate it. Overall i dont know what their worried about, sure it isnt good for them to have leaks but they will not lose fans because of it, and people (the same amount or even more because of it) will watch it when its aired.

• April 17, 2008 at 12:07 pmobethx

Oh! The Drama!
    In all seriousness and hilarity of it all.

• April 17, 2008 at 4:02 pmJoshua

Thank god!

• April 17, 2008 at 4:45 pmElegant Destruction

Just saw the file, and omg i just realised, Nunnally and Rolo… they are the same person. 0.0

• April 17, 2008 at 6:53 pmbaka

…I just thought about it, since Mao, and Zero both lost control of their geass they were using it at all times, what if Rolo lost control? Would he just cease to exist of something?

• April 17, 2008 at 11:41 pmsomeguy

Well since Rolo’s geass is to stop time, he’d just have time stop forever and he’ll age/die instantly :)

• April 18, 2008 at 4:12 pmG

Is it me or does anyone else find Rollo and Suzaku to be a constant annoyance. Seriously those fuck bends are irritating.

• April 18, 2008 at 11:57 pmBlackPrince

Believe me, it’s not u…
    Rollo & Suzaku Shineeeee!!!!

• April 19, 2008 at 10:18 amkencute321

Really….. Is the Anime industry this complicated??????

• April 19, 2008 at 5:08 pmEquitas Invictus

I’m pretty surprised about the leak and the fact that it was the last 6 minutes of the episode above all else. o_o

Regardless, even having had a friend send over the leaked video to me several of days ago, I actually managed to resist the temptation of looking into it, even though I’ve already had the gist of the spoiler told to me. ‘xD

Ah well, hopefully I’ll still be able to thoroughly enjoy tomorrow’s episode.

• April 19, 2008 at 8:10 pmLuxe

hey -_- i think that rollo is nunally on another body and with altered memories…

• August 2, 2008 at 9:11 pmcrazybasil

that’s a little ironic doncha think

• « Older Comments