The Daily Dose »« CODE GEASS R2 – 08

CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri Special

CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   01 CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   02 CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   03
CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   04 CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   05 CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   06
CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   07 CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   08 CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   09
CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   10 CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   11 CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   12
CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   13 CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   14 CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   15
CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   16 CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   17 CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   18
CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   19 CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   20 CODE GEASS R2 Matsuri   21

Instead of episode nine, there was a CODE GEASS special aired this week featuring comedian Arino Shinya, idol Natsukawa Jun, comedy duo Sandwichman, comedy duo America Zarigani, and new voice actress Miyake Hitomi (who, as I mentioned before, will be making her voice actress debut with this Ashford character in R2 episode 12 on June 29th). This ended up being about on par with a recap episode, and though it’s a poor replacement for an actual episode, it was at least somewhat amusing to watch. A good part of the episode was just introducing the different aspects of the story (who Lelouch is, what GEASS is, etc). The rest of it had the aforementioned people in Akihabara going to the now infamous Hibaritei (a cross dressing maid cafe), going to Super Potato (kown for its retro games), going to an ear-cleaning shop, and it ended with Sandwichman doing some comedy skits. Most of that was only marginally Geass related, if at all. For me, the only really interesting part was the preview for episodes nine and ten, which I’ve uploaded below.

It seems episode nine will focus on the Chinese empress’ political marriage, and episode ten will have more Kallen vs. Suzaku as well as the new Shenhu Knightmare Frame piloted by Xingke. Xingke is shown to be conflicted between an alliance or protecting the empress, and so I would guess that the marriage is with some Britannian (and there are plenty of eligible bachelors there). An alliance would of course threaten the Black Knights, and that might be why Xingke appears to be going up against Zero at the very end when he’s in the Shenhu. Speculation aside, I’m looking forward to seeing what happens, and I hope we won’t have any more wasted episodes like this.

June 1, 2008 at 10:17 am
  • June 1, 2008 at 10:20 amRaesnore

First. Next few episodes sound rather interesting.

• June 1, 2008 at 10:25 amkacpy

Obviously, you are behind on your spoilers. Show Spoiler ▼

• June 1, 2008 at 10:26 amOmni

kacpy: Or perhaps I find that it’s best in some cases not to spoil yourself (or others) for the purposes of enjoying the story more. Geass is one of those shows (because of all its plot twists) that this applies to, and aside from some of the spoilers in preparation for the first episode R2, I’ve been keeping myself relatively spoiler free.

• June 1, 2008 at 10:30 amRes

Cheers to that Omni, cheers to that indeed

• June 1, 2008 at 10:46 amkacpy

I kinda doubt it matters to many of your visitors. You wouldn’t have so many comments from sub-watchers (immediately after blogging regular episodes) if they cared.

• June 1, 2008 at 11:07 amKaito

kacpy: That’s just being rude buddy. D:

• June 1, 2008 at 11:08 ammutio

That’s right. If you visit a blog you must prepare for spoilers. What would be a blog without any spoilers and any discussion what will/ could happen. Pretty boring imo.

• June 1, 2008 at 11:32 amOmni

I don’t want to belabor the subject because I’d rather the discussion be about the CODE GEASS special, but even with spoilers, there’s a line to be drawn for how far you’ll go. Obviously people who read this blog should be prepared for spoilers of what has already aired, but (at least for CODE GEASS R2) I’m not willing to go too far past that and delve into, for example, what the latest magazine issues are saying about an episode three weeks in advance.

• June 1, 2008 at 11:35 amL

Don’t worry Omni just do what you have been doing all along! It is your blog anyway, why care about what one or two visitors say? They do not represent everyone, anyway.

• June 1, 2008 at 11:42 amHei

I stopped spoiling myself after the first episode
    I get the best out of my wait that way
    and wow…. way to waste a episode sunrise I would rather have a recap

• June 1, 2008 at 11:47 amjeffng9

its only a few caption of whats installed in episode 09 and 10. i don’t really mind i don’t think ayone mind at all when u visit blogs. not getting this raw as for me well since we expect episode 09 is about chinese federation so its not a surprise to me anymore but i find they certainly shows us a little too far in episode 10. it would be better if they show us after episode 09. thats my opinion

• June 1, 2008 at 12:20 pmk

Isn’t the empress too young to get married? o.o
    This isn’t helped by the fact that Tianzi’s voice actress is only nine…

• June 1, 2008 at 12:28 pmmutio

Yeah of course Omni – everything needs a border and you are very right about it.

This Chinese empress’ political marriage sounds interesting. However – a Britain as husband? Hell no – I feel already pissed that Britannia is at war with the EU. And now the Chinese Federation is going to kinda support them with such a marriage?! >.<

• June 1, 2008 at 12:48 pmmatheys

I really dont like maid cafes, what the hell they didnt make something normal

• June 1, 2008 at 1:12 pmshadowblack

So how many eps will be aired next week – two (9 and 10) or just one? I hope it’s the former.

• June 1, 2008 at 1:42 pmDaViD

wtf with this image
    590,000 yen :O how much is that $5,900??

• June 1, 2008 at 2:17 pmNette

Xingke’s knightmare looks retarded.

• June 1, 2008 at 2:25 pmHei

@Nette
    I couldn’t agree more…….
    But from the intro it looks like it can do some massive damage

• June 1, 2008 at 3:06 pmfrubam

I thought “Matsuri Special” refered to the manga of the same name >,>.

• June 1, 2008 at 3:40 pmUnknownVoice

Hmh, the concept of Shenhu is certainly interesting, if its….”specifics” are correct. I really do wonder why does Shenhu model knightmare *needs* such things…

As for the summary – well, marriage is one of the ways countries get assimilated in past, so its in the best for Zero to somehow stop it.

Fighting Britanian empire is one thing…but fighting Britania empire doubled…is another..

• June 1, 2008 at 6:20 pmtacD

How come there was no episode 9 then? Something to do with………………….

• June 1, 2008 at 6:22 pmtacD

and i mean……. why a special, instead of episode nine.. why did they put in a special instead of ep 9:( wtf is that crap.

• June 1, 2008 at 7:11 pmNanashi

Don’t worry about the spoilers, they’ll come right off with a little bit of thinner.

• June 1, 2008 at 7:29 pmW-General

LOL that Arino Shinya’s an idiot.
    For those with Moontube — http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3522542
    “Who’s Taniguchi Gorou? I really want the PS3. I’ll take it home and use thinner to wipe the signature off”

What a waste of a week’s episode. Sigh.

• June 1, 2008 at 7:38 pmC.C

is kallen kissing lelouch in episode 9??

• June 1, 2008 at 8:54 pmKaioshin Sama

This “special” exists to draw mainstream attention to the failing timeslot I assume.

• June 1, 2008 at 9:12 pmWingZero zxt

hmph another pink haired girl!!! is it just me or do the pinked hair girls have a stigma of thier own they seem to be either:
    1.Fanservice favs. =To Love Ru ,Rosario+Vampire, Goushuushosama ninomiya kun
    2. Annoying/philosphically concieted Gundam seed/Destiny Code Geass S1, Dragonaut

Im prob wrong (As are all people who stereotype :P ) But from the looks of the pic provided im not expecting much. All i ask is they make one biologically normal character lelouches equal atleast when it comes to thoughts or feelings . the whole shirley business is getting tiring and kallen lelouch atlast to me seems unlikely. ae they making a big thing over this new char because shes important to the series or because its a new voice talent???

• June 1, 2008 at 9:51 pmYukiruchan

I’m missing my weekly R2 episode after all !
    I wish more interesting things were put in this special. Like Taniguchi & Okouchi discussing secret material.

• June 1, 2008 at 10:11 pmjaima

wow that preview fails with 2 different music tracks playing simultaneously

• June 1, 2008 at 10:42 pmfefifofum

RE shadowblack: Only one episode is scheduled for next week and every subsequent week in June. It hasn’t been announced yet if the eventual finale will be delayed by a week or if they will catch up with an hour long episode before then.

• June 1, 2008 at 11:47 pmunknown2

An hour episode sounds good…but if not then thats fine, so the popularity of CCR2 lengthens by the anticipating.
    Eitherway, Im also looking forward to Gundam 00, hoping that its air time wont be delayed by CCR2..and that blogging will be done as usual…though I dont really look until I finish watcing the ep. XD

• June 1, 2008 at 11:55 pmSpectatorBeholder

UnknownVoice:
    Well, it might strictly speaking not “need2 them as such – but the Shen Hu is Xingke’s personal knightmare, so he probably got his own modifications added there (much like how Todou’s new knightmare that we see in this preview was altered the way he specified because he wants it to be able to fight the Lancelot evenly).

• June 2, 2008 at 3:42 amOrphen

WTH! making the loli empress cry is so very wrong also it might be that zero really wants to help the empress cause she might remind him of nunnaly and helping the empress will also help him in defeating the empire two birds with one stone

• June 2, 2008 at 3:57 amraimaru2880

cant wait for suzaku vs kallen, though i really want to see the rest of the knights of round instead. and oh, the chinese knightmare frame… with the rotating blades of doom.. hehe

• June 2, 2008 at 4:52 amUnknownVoice

@SpectatorBeholder
    The problem is – I doubt any sane person would add such modiffications >_>

• June 2, 2008 at 5:35 ammiko-chan

Aiya, so that’s what is gonna happen on Turn 09! O.o She’s so cute, who made her cry?!! I agree that nothing like this should happen again, I mean, for Heaven’s sake, it’s only half an hour each week!! But in Turn 9…Lelouch and Kallen ‘accidently’ kissed is what they implied, and I don’t see C.C anymore :( But I’ll be focusing more on the Chinese arc, Li Xingke is very very good-looking! XD!!

• June 2, 2008 at 6:39 ammagixiii

I think that Zero will try to stop the wedding as well. And unless I’m crazy, which some say I am, I think the empress will fall in love with Zero and help create the four court ladies.

• June 2, 2008 at 7:28 amSpectatorBeholder

UnknownVoice:
    Sane? THIS IS CODE GEASS!!!! :p.

• June 2, 2008 at 8:40 amLiz

Heh, people must understand a blog is to review the episode, and what does that equal spoilers contained within said episode, I really don’t know why people bother to complain.

I go to blogs to get different view on the episode and the bloggers own opinion, the summary is just a bonus.

• June 2, 2008 at 10:09 amcy-kun

I saw the 30 second preview on youtube and looks like next week we will have another KallenXLulu moment (*faints with happiness*)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvPlqQIGYq8
    And who said that teachers have the most unrecognized profession???
    if there ever was a blogger of the year award I’d give it to omni (or that guy Jason(?) over derailed by darry, still omni hands down)
    I remembered this newtype cover with the cg foursome and I was like Kallen don’t touch him.. and now Kallen and SuTaco(as I will call him from now on plus the mandatory Suzaku must die comment) are fighting in China!!???
    yay….
    I wonder why Li was angry with Zero…
    Probably Lulu thought it’d be nice to have a loli empress as sister-in-law…
    (couldn’t resist spoiler,, just love those tags.. never spoiled my watching though…)
    [B]Come on guys show more CG Love….[B]
    (there was this annoying punk who said that CG has been cut down to 15 eps and he was burned in fires of flames….)

• June 2, 2008 at 7:58 pmBaphometClass

So… Schneizel will marry that little girl with the white hair? I can imagine some jokes related to the subject, if it’s true. He’s a Britannian Michael Jackson now.

“I herd u liek loli-pops.” Hah!

• June 3, 2008 at 1:17 amRemmell

I’ve seen another preview for episode nine. What is shows at the VERY end is shots of both Kallen and Lelouch face to face and extremely close, and looking shocked to each other. Their faces are so close together I don’t see how they aren’t kissing or very close to it.
    Looks more accidental though. Judging from their shocked looks.
    Having Schneizel marrying the Empress of China seems VERY creepy. How do you ‘marry’ a child?

• June 3, 2008 at 9:00 amAlguien

I dont want to offense anyone but your guys should stop thinking about how things are done in 1º world countries
    things like that were pretty normal in the middle ages, like when in the 1º season Lulu said his 1º love was euphemia, that was also normal in the middle ages, while in our society this things are looked as bad or political incorrect, hundred of years ago was normal for society standars, since Britannia is a monarchy its pretty normal to assume that standars are still as normal as they were in the middle ages

and in the China factor in CG….well i dont think the enuchus really care about what is good or bad for the empress if they can get a aliance with Britannia

so basicaly, its a political factor, now because Schneizel is a pedo or something

• June 3, 2008 at 10:49 amLily

I don’t like lelouch x kallen

• June 3, 2008 at 7:10 pmBaphometClass

Hear hear Lily, character pairings made by fangirls with nothing better to do are a rape of those character’s creator’s works. Also, fanfics…. Wait, were you advocating some kind of alternate Lelouch x Person pairing? Well, that’s hardly any better. Here’s to Woody Alle- I mean Schneizel, you sly dog you.

• June 3, 2008 at 10:23 pmNight J

2nd preview from episode 9

Kallen X Lelouch :)

• June 5, 2008 at 11:30 amJustinLee

I think the Black Knights will attempt to do something about the political marriage to make the Chinese union pissed off…

• June 7, 2008 at 8:17 pmHannah

spoiler
    The evil princesses.
    the 1st Princess Guinevere. She likes spending money. Likes glorious buildings. She seems to be plotting something with the 1st Prince Odyssus U Britannia and gang.
    the 5th Princess Karine. She is at the same age as Nunnally. But she is cruel since childhood. She loves war and violence, and despises the peace-lover Nunnally

• June 9, 2008 at 3:35 amxdos

whta this is matsuri epecial