Despite having Miki Shinichrou (Lockon Stratos in Gundam 00, Kisuke Urahara in Bleach, Kurz Weber in Full Metal Panic!) playing Pikary in a fairly amusing way, I actually found the episode itself somewhat dull. This may be due to the re-use of scenes to help iterate Pikary’s persistence, which caused the episode to lack any sort of natural flow. In addition, the ecchi-ness was pretty much non-existent and more importantly, so was Haruna. Because of this, everything felt a bit filler-ish, regardless of whether or not this is manga material. (I think it’s not, but I’m not against anime-only material provided that it’s done well.) It was nice to see some Ultraman and Boo (from Dragon Ball Z) parodies though.
Next week, it looks like we’ll see Haruna and Mikan again, which should spice things up again. Hopefully, the underlying love triangle theme comes to the surface again too, as that’s the biggest appeal of this series to me.
– Yuuki Rito (結城 梨斗) / Watanabe Akeno (渡辺 明乃)
– Lala Satalin Deviluke (ララ・サタリン・デビルーク) / Tomatsu Haruka (戸松 遥)
– Pikary (ピカリー) / Miki Shinichirou (三木 眞一郎)
– Mikado Ryouko (御門 涼子) / Jou Masako (城 雅子)
– High school principal (校長先生) / Ogata Kenichi (緒方 賢一)
– Zastin (ザスティン) / Koyasu Takehito (子安 武人)
– Ren (レン) / Ooura Fukuya (大浦 冬華)
– Saruyama (猿山) / Yoshino Hiroyuki (吉野 裕行)
– Peke (ペケ) / Arai Satomi (新井 里美)
– Daughter (娘) / Toyoguchi Megumi (豊口 めぐみ)
– Pikary’s father (ピカリー父) / Inada Tetsu (稲田 徹)
– Pikary’s mother (ピカリー母) / Kawase Akiko (川瀬 晶子)
– Pikary’s brother (ピカリー兄) / Gou Shinomiya (四宮 豪)
– Seven (セブン) / Konno Jun (金野 潤)