Special A – 11
「彼女・彼氏」 (Kanojo / Kareshi)
“Girlfriend / Boyfriend”
「高熱・情熱」 (Kounetsu / Jounetsu)
“High Fever / Passion”
As some people had already suspected, this week’s episode involved Tadashi asking Hikari to pretend to be his girlfriend in order to get out of an arranged marriage set up by his mother, the school director Karino Sumire. Kei on the other hand was conveniently abducted by his father and taken to Shanghai to deal with some business, thus allowing Hikari to even go along with Tadashi’s idea. Despite pretending to be a couple, the two of them actually seemed really suited for one another, much like Ryuu and the others noticed. I guess silly and thickheaded mix well together.
Overall though, I really enjoyed this episode as it was fun to see the fake Tadashi x Hikari pairing move light years beyond the Kei x Hikari one. It was pretty funny how Hikari’s parents thought that she was finally going on a date with Kei, only to quickly realize that their daughter is really dense. Also, it was amusing to see how much Tadashi’s mother traumatized him with bungee jumping threats. My favourite scene though was definitely the one in the coffee shop when Tadashi and Hikari were trying to be more boyfriend/girlfriend-like after seeing another another couple, Maa-kun and Yuki-pon, doing the same thing. “Ta-kun and Hika-pon”. I couldn’t help but laugh out loud there. Speaking of Yuki-pon, she’s actually played by Megumi’s seiyuu, Takagaki Ayahi. I guess they decided to actually have Ayahi do some voice acting in Special A as Megumi basically has zero lines.
Next time, it looks like Kei gets sick and Sui will be around, so the story will probably be focusing on Kei x Hikari again.
The kiss scene between Tadashi and Hikari was unsurprisingly a tease. Tadashi’s mother, Sumire, had asked them to kiss to prove that they were a couple and Hikari was actually going to go through with it, but Tadashi stopped her at the very last moment, saying that it’s something you should only do with the person you love. Sumire on the other hand knew that they were pretending all along and just wanted to see how Tadashi would react to the arranged marriage predicament.
- Hanazono Hikari (華園 光) / Gotou Yuuko (後藤 邑子)
- Takishima Kei (滝島 彗) / Fukuyama Jun (福山 潤)
- Toudou Akira (東堂 明) / Nabatame Hitomi (生天目 仁美)
- Karino Tadashi (狩野 宙) / Shimono Hiro (下野 紘)
- Yamamoto Megumi (山本 芽) / Takagaki Ayahi (高垣 彩陽)
- Yamamoto Jun (山本 純) / Yonaga Tsubasa (代永 翼)
- Tsuji Ryuu (辻 竜) / Horie Kazuma (堀江 一眞)
- Father Takashima (滝島父) / Ogata Megumi (緒方 恵美)
- Hikari’s father (光の父) / Imaruoka Atsushi (伊丸岡 篤)
- Hikari’s mother (光の母) / Nabei Makiko (鍋井 まき子)
- Karino Sumire (狩野 菫) / Tanaka Atsuko (田中 敦子)
- Maa-kun (マーくん) / Matsuo Daisuke (松尾 大亮)
- Yuki-pon (ユキぽん） / Takagaki Ayahi (高垣 彩陽)